Gungan Kit- New Ideas (Please Check it Out)

Jar_Jar_Lover123
104 posts Member
edited January 2021
I know Gungans aren’t everyone’s… cup of tea, so to say, but I think with this set up the Gungans will have a chance to redeem themselves. With the introduction of the Gungans, a new debuff would be added to the game, “Annoyed” (doesn’t have to be called annoyed, I just thought it would be the most fitting).

Annoyed- This effect is undispellable with a max of 6 stacks, and is dispelled after 4 turns.
Stack 1- -10 accuracy
Stack 2- Inflict daze
Stack 3- -15 accuracy
Stack 4- Inflict 3 damage over time
Stack 5- -20 accuracy
Stack 6- Whenever this unit uses an ability, a random Gungan will attack this unit with their basic ability

The first Gungan, of course, will be Jar Jar Binks. Other possible Gungans: Boss Nass, Roos Tarpals, just a Gungan warrior, then Boss Lyonie and/or Rish Loo. The first three I feel four necessary, the fourth I feel would be a good starting place, but Lyonie and Rish I feel like aren’t as important as the first four, and I Boss Lyonie would just end up being a repeat of Boss Nass, and Rish would probably be a little harder to design due to him being a bad guy, and I can’t really think of another Gungan, so they won’t have kits... yet.
Jar Jar Binks, Leader, Support, Galactic Republic
(Basic Ability)- Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict damage over time with a 25% chance to inflict 1 stack annoyed
(Special Ability) Deal physical damage to all enemies, with a 25% chance to inflict target enemy with 1 stack of annoyed (Cooldown 2)
(Special Ability)- Inflict 1 stack of annoyed on target enemy, then each enemy has a 50% chance to be inflicted with 1 stack of annoyed (Cooldown 4) (Zeta)
(Leader)- All Gungans have +20 speed and +10% evasion. Whenever an ally evades, they gain 10% turn meter. Whenever an enemy gets inflicted with 1 stack annoyed, call a random Gungan to assist. (Zeta)
(Unique)- When Jar Jar Binks would normally inflict 1 stack of annoyed, he has a 15% to inflict two instead

Boss Nass, Support, Gungan, Galactic Republic (possibly?)
(Basic Ability)- Call the ally with the highest attack to assist, healing attacking ally and Boss Nass 5% health and protection, dealing 15% more damage, then inflict target enemy with ability block
(Special Ability)- Call all Gungan allies to assist, healing all allies by 15% health and protectioneach having a 15% chance to inflict 1 stack of annoyed (Cooldown 3)
(Special Ability) Grant all Gungan allies with Speed up and potency up, and call a random ally to assist (cooldown 3)
(Unique) Whenever Boss Nass calls an ally to assist, both gain 25% turn meter
(Unique) Whenever an ally evades, heal them for 10% health and protection

Roos Tarpals, Tank, Gungan, Galactic Republic
(Basic Ability) Deal physical damage and gain defense up and inflict ability block
(Special Ability) Gain taunt, defense up, tenacity, heal over time, and foresight (cooldown 3)
(Special Ability) Deal physical damage to all enemies, stunning target enemy (cooldown 3)
(Unique) Whenever a Gungan ally attacks out of turn, Roos Tarpals gains taunt if he didn’t already have it
(Unique) Enemies cannot counter-attack this character and cannot call allies to assist

Gungan Warrior, Attacker, Gungan
(Basic Ability) Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 15% chance to inflict annoyed, then inflict damage over time
(Special Ability) Deal physical damage to target enemy, then call two Gungan allies to assist (cooldown 2)
(Unique) Gungan Warrior gains 5% turn meter whenever an ally uses an ability

The reason I leave a lot of inflicting annoyed up to chance is that I feel it would be too overpowered if I just straight up said “Inflict one stack of annoyed” because you only need to get a character to 6 stacks for all of the effects, which really isn’t that much, so I think it would be better to just leave it to chance. The reason Tarpals doesn’t really involve annoyed is that in the movies, he is frequently annoyed by Jar Jar Binks, and really isn’t annoying, and I’m trying to stay true to his character. I'm trying to go for something kind of like Geonosians where they don’t have the highest attack, but they’re frequently attacking. But I really want to know opinions on these characters’ kits, I’m looking for feedback, do these kits seem too overpowered? Not powerful enough? I especially want ideas on names of abilities and a fifth Gungan to make a full squad.
Post edited by Jar_Jar_Lover123 on

Replies

• Jar_Jar_Lover123
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2021
  • Oh okay, so somebody will respond to that, but they won't leave feedback :neutral:

Think that has mostly to do with the fact that the main post is a nightmare for the eyes. Seriously I looked at that for 10 seconds and my eyes hurt already. Some spoiler tags and bold text to help separate the different parts would help a lot. I'm too tired to go more into it right now, might try again later.
  • Its interesting, I havent read your actual kits yet. But I read the beginning and I agree with the above ^
    I do not think this will ever come into game, but if it does, we need more tuskens first (If we are going to get any random weird toons), I'm still waiting for my full squad. Also something to actually go into the neutral tag. (I think jawa and tusken should go there)
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • This look better?
  • Jar_Jar_Lover123
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Also, they already technically have two other tuskens in the game (Brute and shaman), I don't get why they don't just add them, because they show up various times
  • Its interesting, I havent read your actual kits yet. But I read the beginning and I agree with the above ^
    I do not think this will ever come into game, but if it does, we need more tuskens first (If we are going to get any random weird toons), I'm still waiting for my full squad. Also something to actually go into the neutral tag. (I think jawa and tusken should go there)

What part of the above?

What part of the above?

He means the above post, aka my post on how it hurts the eyes. The new version is a lot better on this department thou. let's see what I can do for feedback:
    Jar Jar Binks:
    Overall a good kit idea. It's a bit chance based but that is not really a problem. The only thing that worries me is the +20% speed bonus in the leadership. There is a reason all Leaderships with speed bonuses give a flat bonus. Because percentage increases are way too powerful. Paploo, for example, has +25% speed in his unique. This alone allowed him to be the fastest character in the game if god modded correctly (until Galactic Legends came into the game). So a 20% increase for the entire team? Pretty sure that is going to undo any balancing you have implemented by making Annoying chance based.
    I will also say that annoyed, isn't that special to be hones. The only thing that maxes it broken is that there is no duration and it can't be dispelled. But the effects themselves are kinda weak. (Also Jar Jar as he is right here is definitely not an attacker and some of is abilities are a bit basic. Maybe even outdated. It's on the edge.)
    Boss Nass
    While there isn't inherently something wrong with this kit, I can't exactly say it's good. Because by today's standards this kit is extremely outdated. Like Holy Cheesecake, these abilities are so small, basic, and unimpressive. The biggest offender is the one with a zeta, as there is absolutely nothing Zeta worthy in that ability at all. In fact, now that I think about it, how do you upgrade that ability at all? Each ability has 8 levels in it, but if this one has a zeta...how can you upgrade it 8 times? Can you even?
    But seriously thou, Stormtroopers zeta is better than that one. These abilities need to be extended, drastically)
    Roos Tarpals
    I think out of the 4 kits, this is the one I dislike the most. The basic literally does the same as the 2 special, it technically does it even better. But more importantly: What is "3 defence" and "silence". You can just introduce new terms like this and not explain them (even thou one of them feels like you don't even play this game. Seriously, defence doesn't stack in this game like it does in another.).
    Then there's the uniques. The first unique is fine mostly, thou it is very basic and a bit outdated. But the second is a disaster. First of all, the zeta seems to either be a copy or an improvement from one of Darth Revan's zeta's. Considering the 2 charterers have nothing in common and darth revan is a journey character, that really shouldn't be. Second: once again, how do you upgrade this ability 8 times? There is nothing you can upgrade here, can't counterattack isn't an effect that can be broken down and neither is the can't assist. I'm really starting t wonder if you even play this game, or came from another game and mistakenly thought things would be similar enough just to try out.
    Gungan Warrior
    his one is again a very basic kit idea, but not really a bad one. The character is a nameless one so a bit more basic is to be expected. But the special is outdated and the unqiue once again can't be upgraded 8 times at all. So a bit of the hall marks of the other kits.
    Summary:
    The summary of these kits from me would me: The are somehow both outdated and in the wrong game. Some changes definitely need to be made in order to make them viable (and teams generally are made of 5 characters, so a 5th one will also be needed). But the basis is there so they do have potential.
  • Thank you for the feedback, I am level 85 and just got my first relic, so I do play this game, but I also play one very similar to it, and some of the debuffs and buffs I got mixed up with that game, I'll try to fix.
  • Thank you for the feedback, I am level 85 and just got my first relic, so I do play this game, but I also play one very similar to it, and some of the debuffs and buffs I got mixed up with that game, I'll try to fix.

Yeah I had guessed. While the unique's can't be upgraded 8 times, they can be upgraded 5 times. On top of that, stacking buffs are the exception in this game, but not in marvel strike force. In MSF, uniques all have 5 levels of upgrade, and stacking status effects are kinda the norm. Which makes sense with how you've set things up. So my guess on which game you've played would be on that one.
  • Jar_Jar_Lover123
    104 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    This look any better, also I said I don't have an idea for a fifth one yet, I'm trying to think of a healer, but I can't come up with any gungans that would fit that description, and yes, Strike force is one of the games where I was getting terms mixed up
  • Just 2 things, the speed lead part is very important, and also abilities need names.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Yeah, I'm having trouble coming up with names, is the speed better now?
  • Yeah, I'm having trouble coming up with names, is the speed better now?

Defo
  • Any other feedback?
  • jar jar lover lmao
  • Make Boss Nass the leader and put jar jar in a support role, that would be more fitting I think.
  • Flubo wrote: »
    Make Boss Nass the leader and put jar jar in a support role, that would be more fitting I think.

this
  • Maybe make Boss Nass Main lead Jar Jar alt?
  • So should I give boss Jar Jar's leader? And what should I do for Jar Jar's lead?