Shame. Just Shame.

Nyalea
2 posts Member
edited February 2021
Screenshot_20210123-204324_Discord.jpg

How is this seriously possible to take a **** 50M PG sandbag in TW ?

Do your job CG, you just have to do your job.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Maybe they don’t have as many able to battle this Sunday. We don’t allow anyone to join who can’t fight within 6 hours of it unlocking for battle. We have had less than 40 join during the holidays.
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    Maybe they don’t have as many able to battle this Sunday. We don’t allow anyone to join who can’t fight within 6 hours of it unlocking for battle. We have had less than 40 join during the holidays.

Think more guilds should use this rule. Need people on at same time to get through zones.
  • Nyalea
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Maybe they don’t have as many able to battle this Sunday. We don’t allow anyone to join who can’t fight within 6 hours of it unlocking for battle. We have had less than 40 join during the holidays.

This is the fourth time in a raw that we face 15M - 50M sandbag... Even one we contacted, assumed they sandbag just for win and nothing else...
  • Nyalea wrote: »

This is the fourth time in a raw that we face 15M - 50M sandbag... Even one we contacted, assumed they sandbag just for win and nothing else...

Do you even know what sandbagging means? I don't think so. Our guild is having a participation of 38-46 people regularly and that differs because they don't have the time to play or just don't want to. Most of the time we're getting matched against guilds with a 30-40 million lower GP for whatever reason, this has absolutely nothing to do with any sandbagging but finding another guild with fitting numbers of participants and combined joined (joined! NOT total guild GP) GP. The system is having problems with that and always had and that's about it. Your so called "sandbagging" is nothing but a desperate algorhythm trying to find a combatant.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Unspokenname
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    we just got 320+m GP guild against us, who got barely 200m GP. Their roster is so sick that we barely passed first field (18/20 GAS setup vs our 6 GAS in whole guild lol) And ive wrote this week ago after we had 2 or even 3 teams in a raw with this lovely MM of yours CG. So if we count it this is 4th or 5th time in a raw to get this kinda GP guild. It is impossible to win. Hell, its even impossible to be in tight fight. Im far from playing only this game with MM system....but this is by far the worst MM there is out there in any of the nowadays games. As initiator of this thread said...SHAME!!!
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    we just got 320+m GP guild against us, who got barely 200m GP

Show us, i'd like to see that myself. Any screenshot of your guild and the opposing one will do.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Unspokenname
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Kisakee wrote: »

Show us, i'd like to see that myself. Any screenshot of your guild and the opposing one will do.

Cool...no!? And ive cut some of the GP...it is even more then 100mil difo
    If my brother in RL was Yoda himself we would not have chance to win this

Post edited by Unspokenname on
  • Unspokenname
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    And this has happened for the 4th or 5th time in a raw now. And as ive said on previous post last week...i dont mind challenge at all. Tbh i sure as hell hope for one...reason why i love TW and competitive parts of any game, but this is just ridiculous
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member

https://ibb.co/bNNTQ5h

Cool...no!? And ive cut some of the GP...it is even more then 100mil difo
    If my brother in RL was Yoda himself we would not have chance to win this

Congratulations, you too fell to finding the wrong enemy guild. Not long ago someone claimed this exact guild to be their opponent when in fact another one with a pretty similar looking name was the real one.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    image0.png?width=692&height=519
    image1.png?width=692&height=519
    If you want to know who's your real opponent look for some of their names and google their swgoh.gg accounts, you will get them eventually.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Unspokenname
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    [/quote]

Congratulations, you too fell to finding the wrong enemy guild. Not long ago someone claimed this exact guild to be their opponent when in fact another one with a pretty similar looking name was the real one.[/quote]
    Dunno bud...i can live with "S happens"...or with "ups...unlucky fix"...once...twice or more times...but so many in a raw, and we are not only ones who got this issue as one can see by more and more of debates about it on forums, it is narrowed to the fact that MM is heavily unbalanced atm, and all of this is in hope of CG fixing it a.s.a.p.
    As end user of this game only thing i know it is not fair sport and it is not something that any true competitive player wish for playing same content in game.

• Unspokenname
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    image0.png?width=692&height=519
    image1.png?width=692&height=519
    If you want to know who's your real opponent look for some of their names and google their swgoh.gg accounts, you will get them eventually.

Lol ye...kinda derped that1. Thanx
    Was so frustrated i havent even bothered to check such a small letter details. Got dizzy when ive seen their 1st def fields :P
    Anyway..one we got is 60mil tougher (checked through enemy player name). Still i find it very unbalanced and am still holding the fact that it should be fixed, change its MM calculating system or w/e.
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Nyalea wrote: »

Do you even know what sandbagging means? I don't think so. Our guild is having a participation of 38-46 people regularly and that differs because they don't have the time to play or just don't want to. Most of the time we're getting matched against guilds with a 30-40 million lower GP for whatever reason, this has absolutely nothing to do with any sandbagging but finding another guild with fitting numbers of participants and combined joined (joined! NOT total guild GP) GP. The system is having problems with that and always had and that's about it. Your so called "sandbagging" is nothing but a desperate algorhythm trying to find a combatant.

I'm so glad if you and your guild are not playing as **** ! And thx for the lesson buuuut... I exactly know what is sandbag and when one of our opponent pm one of us to congrats us for the full clear AND gives us some excuses for the sand... I don't blame our opponent, the algorhythme of the game cheer this kind of play to win easily, why not do it ? I blame CG to do nothing else than trying To get more money from us, and an algorhythme can be easily modified... as you said, it count the number of GP from those who "joined" why not change by something like "the same number of GL who joined" ?

And just for info, the fact of volontary reduce the number of player who join the battle To volontary reduce your GP to face lower guilds and assure your victory because your 40 member who joined are still powerfull than the 50 ennemies, it's called sandbag.
  • Nyalea wrote: »
    when one of our opponent pm one of us to congrats us for the full clear AND gives us some excuses for the sand...
    [...]
    And just for info, the fact of volontary reduce the number of player who join the battle To volontary reduce your GP to face lower guilds and assure your victory because your 40 member who joined are still powerfull than the 50 ennemies, it's called sandbag.
    There may be guilds out there doing such things and maybe they even excused for their behaviour but in all honesty i don't think that this happens every other TW to you.
    The matchmaking isn't very good at all, granted. But assuming that lots of guilds are actively sandbagging doesn't seem right. If at all it may happen by accident as some people just don't can or want to participate.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Nyalea wrote: »

You are right, but there's no reason the algo not to be improved to match within +-1 actives instead of allowing many actives difference. It's a cg problem, not a player problem.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    You are right, but there's no reason the algo not to be improved to match within +-1 actives instead of allowing many actives difference. It's a cg problem, not a player problem.
    That's totally true and i'm not going to question this at all. I just want to show people that their "sandbagging" most of the time is just coincidence or wrong premise.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Our last TW was 0 GL + 1 GAS v/s 12 GL + 19 GAS.
    Call it what you will, that is just plain BAD matchmaking & I honestly can't figure out what method they are using since its clearly not comparing top teams like they have claimed in the past.
  • Our last TW was 0 GL + 1 GAS v/s 12 GL + 19 GAS.
    Call it what you will, that is just plain BAD matchmaking & I honestly can't figure out what method they are using since its clearly not comparing top teams like they have claimed in the past.

You should know what method they are using then, it's the active gp of the guilds and nothing else. It doesn't compare any quantity and quality of the other things. Not too different from how gac matchmaking works.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    You should know what method they are using then, it's the active gp of the guilds and nothing else. It doesn't compare any quantity and quality of the other things. Not too different from how gac matchmaking works.

When did that change because its not what the devs stated in the past?

Active GP is for Rewards tier only.

Matchmaking uses some algorithm they wouldn't clarify but involved power of the most common upper tier teams or some such thing per the dev post below

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162893/dev-post-matchmaking-clarification-post-3-15/p1
  • The other thing I'm not sure about is this sandbagging concept.
    I mean I get it, very much, but it implies that the Lower GP Guild has the Higher # of Players Join.
    That the Higher GP Guild holds out their worst/lowest players & only the BIG ones Join but they have super deep rosters.

Which isn't what I see, we are usually the lower GP guild AND we are usually the ones setting the team # limit, so we have 40 join & the slots is 20/zone. So if anything the Higher Gp guild either had the same or more members join. Which means the GP really shouldn't be matched up then at all.

And it doesn't remotely explain the 0-12 GL & 1-19 GAS discrepancies.
    Not counting more DR/DM, more Padme, a few JKL that we also don't have any of.

Am I not correct in that TW sets the # of slots based on the Lower # of Joined Members between the 2 guilds?
    So if its 38 v/s 42 then Defense Slots is 19/Zone?

Matchmaking uses some algorithm they wouldn't clarify but involved power of the most common upper tier teams or some such thing per the dev post below

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162893/dev-post-matchmaking-clarification-post-3-15/p1

Oh I didn't know of this announcement. The gac mm announcement also talks about invisible parameters in play and not only top x gp although we are all assuming it is only that.

Either way, the problem with this type of absurdity is that the system doesn't number of active players, you can get matched i.e. 37 to 48 which makes individuated calibration impossible. They need to change that bit, we should never get matched with large active player margins even if the total gp of those actives match.
  • Today's TW Matchup..... LOL.

Char/CapShip US v/s Them
    SEE 0 1
    JML 0 3
    REY 0 2
    SLKR 0 6
    GAS 2 21
    JKL 0 7
    D.REV 21 28
    MALAK 14 21
    J.REV 31 36
    NEGOTIATOR 8 32
    MALEVOLENCE 0 12
    RELIC-7 49 175
    RELIC-6+ 77 227
    RELIC-4+ 479 653

The thing that is getting me is that we had 46 Join & have to post 23 per zone.

To my knowledge the # per Zone is Half the Lower of the 2 Joining guilds.

So 30 v/s 40 would be 15 right?

To be at 23 means we were lower or tied w/ the other guild in #s?

With that kind of imbalance in relics, HOW, can that possibly be even close to the same GP if they had the same # of joined or more?

I could see it if they had 26 join & we were posting 13 per zone, but this is just insanity.
  • Why don’t you post your guild and opponent guild swgoh.gg pages?

That big an imbalance can be explained in a number of ways, but by far the most likely is you’ve found a guild with a similar name to your opponent.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    The thing that is getting me is that we had 46 Join & have to post 23 per zone.

To my knowledge the # per Zone is Half the Lower of the 2 Joining guilds.

So 30 v/s 40 would be 15 right?

To be at 23 means we were lower or tied w/ the other guild in #s?
    Wrong, it's always tied to the guild with more people joined. It has to be.
    (40 x low GP) + (30 x high GP) = even match (from a CG point of view)
    If it would be the other way around the guild with more people joined would be in a big disadvantage as they couldn't set as many teams in defense and therefore have a way weaker defense. The less people side need to be drained on characters to make it somewhat fair.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • The biggest mismatch my guild has had so far I think:

GP :: ~324M vs 370+M
    Zetas :: 6148 vs 7284
    Ults :: 89 vs 164

G11 :: 1026 vs 835
    G12 :: 2034 vs 2239
    G12+1 :: 419 vs 457
    G12+2 :: 324 vs 329
    G12+3 :: 468 vs 525
    G12+4 :: 134 vs 111
    G12+5 :: 153 vs 141
    G13 :: 3537 vs 5407
    ============Relics============
    Tier 0 :: 33 vs 27
    Tier 1 :: 62 vs 66
    Tier 2 :: 98 vs 163
    Tier 3 :: 675 vs 826
    Tier 4 :: 424 vs 549
    Tier 5 :: 1212 vs 1751
    Tier 6 :: 215 vs 350
    Tier 7 :: 779 vs 1600
    =============Mods=============
    6E mods :: 9211 vs 15317
    10+ speed mods :: 20840 vs 27651
    15+ speed mods :: 7347 vs 10370
    20+ speed mods :: 1620 vs 2278
    25+ speed mods :: 279 vs 401
    100+ off mods :: 2510 vs 2799
    ============ Rey ============
    # :: 31 vs 45
    7* :: 31 vs 45
    G13 :: 31 vs 45
    == Supreme Leader Kylo Ren ==
    # :: 34 vs 44
    7* :: 34 vs 44
    G13 :: 34 vs 44
    ==== Sith Eternal Emperor ====
    # :: 6 vs 34
    7* :: 6 vs 34
    G12 :: 1 vs 0
    G13 :: 5 vs 34
    = Jedi Master Luke Skywalker =
    # :: 28 vs 45
    7* :: 28 vs 45
    G13 :: 28 vs 45

Relics and mods aside, when you see a 99 GL vs 168 GL matchup (just total number, a few GL's will be lost on both sides due to ppl not participating but the huge discrepancy will remain) it's hard to motivate people to even play and full clear for the sake of full clearing.

We also have the "if you don't have time to play, don't join rule" and 5 people did not join (usually it's like 45-49 active people). With an avg. GP/member of 6.4m that would be about 32m GP missing so our effective total GP would've been 292 --> 370 - 292 = 78 --> 78 / 7.4 (avg GP/member) = 10.5 --> so it seems like about 10 people sit it out on the other side - hard to believe that a whopping 10 people in a top guild "have no time" for a TW.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • So 5 people is totally believable but 10 people is hard to believe?
  • , but by far the most likely is you’ve found a guild with a similar name to your opponent.

Its a little hard to confuse "Clones in Tights"

https://swgoh.gg/g/3541/clones-in-tights/

As I stated in the comparisons above, it was a joke, we have mostly 0's as seen above & their totals below again. And yes, we checked names to make sure it was the right one, not that you can mess up spelling that simple, no funny characters, etc etc.

au421cklqjkl.png

no6q51itq6xx.png

hk47f8bu8l9x.png

MaruMaru wrote: »

Oh I didn't know of this announcement. The gac mm announcement also talks about invisible parameters in play and not only top x gp although we are all assuming it is only that.

Either way, the problem with this type of absurdity is that the system doesn't number of active players, you can get matched i.e. 37 to 48 which makes individuated calibration impossible. They need to change that bit, we should never get matched with large active player margins even if the total gp of those actives match.

There's another problem. That "system" was from 2018. There were no GLs and no relics then. Unless CG has constantly updated the algorithm to account for these changes in relative power (which I highly doubt) and carefully tested them at various relic levels (now, including R8) then the "accuracy" of the system has likely deteriorated instead of improved.

But I agree - the much larger issue is when there is a disparity in number of active players. We actually have a standing joke in our guild about 47 participants. If we are over 47 we have never won. If we are under 46, we have never lost. If we have either 46 or 47, we have a chance to get an even match.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KalebVer
    4 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    My guild has faced bad matchup after bad matchup this whole year. This is the worst one which was last TW zq7rcjmjdugn.png
    Please take note of the 20 vs 124 ults...
    I talked to the TW Leader from the other guild, nice guy, offering up strats and stuff but he openly admitted "hey sorry we are taking a break from competitive TW and only 30 people signed up and we pulled you guys."