New places to get/farm/buy/trade gear??? (Serious question)

Bon_El
435 posts Member
Am I missing it? Where is it?
Is it just tier 4 of the gear challenge? - cause we could already see that in game - that's not new.
The gear requirements were increased with the promise that we'd have new ways to get it. Unlike a lot of ppl that were putting together gear pieces ahead of time, I intentionally held off assuming they'd be easier to get after the update... uhhh

AND... Mods please relax. We don't need mega-threads with 400 comments that nobody will read thru.
~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~

Replies

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Great question, I think they meant sometime in the future there will be new way to get gear, maybe in next update a week or 2 from now
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Mega threads seem like their way to delete stuff without looking bad. Every other forum generally discourages mega threads for feedback purposes because they're impossible to go through for actual feedback.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    Am I missing it? Where is it?
    Is it just tier 4 of the gear challenge? - cause we could already see that in game - that's not new.
    The gear requirements were increased with the promise that we'd have new ways to get it. Unlike a lot of ppl that were putting together gear pieces ahead of time, I intentionally held off assuming they'd be easier to get after the update... uhhh

AND... Mods please relax. We don't need mega-threads with 400 comments that nobody will read thru.

I believe what they were referencing was the next level of those daily challenges that opens up at level 72.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you search for hair dryers through Rey or lumi it shows the AGI challenge as an option. So that's good news. If you search for the 3 new 50s you need they don't show up at all. Bad news.

jesses comment seemed to imply that their was something in the pipe to address that some of the requir d gear did not exist yet.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    If you search for hair dryers through Rey or lumi it shows the AGI challenge as an option. So that's good news. If you search for the 3 new 50s you need they don't show up at all. Bad news.

jesses comment seemed to imply that their was something in the pipe to address that some of the requir d gear did not exist yet.

From notes on new gear
    Some of these items are currently unavailable, but will become available in the next major update.

It is a way to slow down gearing up characters.
  • Options
    Such an odd thing to raise the cap, add gear and not make it farmable, why even release this update?
  • Options
    Ball Crushes
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Plague_Inc
    451 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Such an odd thing to raise the cap, add gear and not make it farmable, why even release this update?

The notes have been updated (I think. Maybe it was a weekly update instead), but we're looking at an update dropping on Monday (unless it was a horrible April Fools joke).

Edit: It was a weekly update and can be found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/24386/community-update-4-1-2016#latest