GC: Is the insane power jump between T4 and T5 really intended?

Replies

• TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Adv1ceLMAO wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS CAPITAL GAMES, you have successufully created another cancer causing event that where stats cannot be tracked and where the feats or whatever you call it are essentialy impossible if a GL is not used. AND WHY ON EARTH IS EVADE 10 TIMES A FEAT IN A SEPARATIST GALACTIC CHALLENGE? Becasue separatist have literalyl 0% bonus evasion

See Droideka and Poggle

Also many non-separatist toons, considering you don't have to use separatists.

Let’s not forget that Dooku was the real dodge meta master

He's been looking forward to this (GC).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Two questions.
    1. Why isn’t the sniper droid getting stealth from Magna at the beginning of battle?
    2. Why can the enemies continue to chain hit Nute after he’s died, revived, and supposedly gone under stealth?
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Two questions.
    1. Why isn’t the sniper droid getting stealth from Magna at the beginning of battle?
    2. Why can the enemies continue to chain hit Nute after he’s died, revived, and supposedly gone under stealth?

1. Sniper droid doesn't exist at the start of the encounter. He's summoned at the start, so he's not getting stealthed.

2. Stealth only prevents people from targeting them, not hitting them. Nute was targeted when he was unstealthed, so they can keep on hitting him while he's stealthed. Not new behavior, nor is double killing. I've double killed ns in one turn multiple times thanks to zombies sacrifice.
  • This is the first time in nearly 4 years I've been happy about my Darth Maul zeta, so I guess that's a win.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Every GC we've had so far has seen a big jump between T4 and T5, mostly in part because T4 is g12 with maybe 1 zeta, whereas T5 is G13 with several/all zetas. So I'd say the jump is intended. T6 and T7 presumably just bump the relic level.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I liked this GC. GC is actually growing on me, and I continue playing it after I get the feats. More like a mini sandbox to try out different teams.

A small bit of feedback though, it’s kind of strange that you do a feat that require being able to evade a certain amount of attacks when half the team have attacks that can’t be evaded.
    And also whenever the feat is to reach a certain threshold, please add a visual counter so we know when we’re done.
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Adv1ceLMAO wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS CAPITAL GAMES, you have successufully created another cancer causing event that where stats cannot be tracked and where the feats or whatever you call it are essentialy impossible if a GL is not used. AND WHY ON EARTH IS EVADE 10 TIMES A FEAT IN A SEPARATIST GALACTIC CHALLENGE? Becasue separatist have literalyl 0% bonus evasion

See Droideka and Poggle

Also many non-separatist toons, considering you don't have to use separatists.

Let’s not forget that Dooku was the real dodge meta master

He's been looking forward to this (GC).

bad news for him. he got vaporized everytime I tried to run him.
  • vlbdmq8dw93q.png

Lmao, after JML’s first move, their salvo’s leave that for my second turn. Gotta love the insane RNG. I don’t recall my rebels getting such good RNG on a 25% chance to attack after the first double tap....hmmm
  • Borat wrote: »
    I liked this GC. GC is actually growing on me, and I continue playing it after I get the feats. More like a mini sandbox to try out different teams.

A small bit of feedback though, it’s kind of strange that you do a feat that require being able to evade a certain amount of attacks when half the team have attacks that can’t be evaded.
    And also whenever the feat is to reach a certain threshold, please add a visual counter so we know when we’re done.

PLEASE!!!!! the counter is desperately needed.

Asking CG to do something that keeps their game honest? Man that’s funny!
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    vlbdmq8dw93q.png

Lmao, after JML’s first move, their salvo’s leave that for my second turn. Gotta love the insane RNG. I don’t recall my rebels getting such good RNG on a 25% chance to attack after the first double tap....hmmm

25% chance means that the AI does it 75% of the time and you do it -25% of the time and that works out to "25% chance" of happening.

Of course to make this "challenging" the AI gets a 200% boost to that 25% chance that is really 75% chance for the AI.

This is a similar "bonus" attack percentage that the AI gets in LS Geo TB. when one droid sniffs, every other droid shoots 500 times. And at least one droid on every wave has a runny nose.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    vlbdmq8dw93q.png

25% chance means that the AI does it 75% of the time and you do it -25% of the time and that works out to "25% chance" of happening.

Of course to make this "challenging" the AI gets a 200% boost to that 25% chance that is really 75% chance for the AI.

This is a similar "bonus" attack percentage that the AI gets in LS Geo TB. when one droid sniffs, every other droid shoots 500 times. And at least one droid on every wave has a runny nose.

I wish my Greedo had this kind of RNG when he crits. I’ve never strung together more than 4 or 5.
  • OP has a valid question, but the conversation has sort of moved along from that. What I'll say is that it's become obvious to me over the last few GCs that since they were updated to complete all previous feats, the longevity of the event has shifted away from "Do this seven times with the same team to get all the feats" and closer to "Do this three times with different teams to get all the feats."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Honestly, yes the step from 4 to 5 is to big compared to other steps. All in all, these feats are a nice challenge, difficult but ok. I do not have the right teams but all in all, for me that is what is called a challenge.
  • I can do tier 4 easily with a 100k bastila lead team with Ezra but can’t get a turn off before my whole team dies with an 125k JKR lead with GK JKA and Joliee all relic 5+. This isn’t just a jump from g12-13 it’s absolutely how absurd the increase in speed damage, health and rng killing my relic 5 GK on turn two. (Out of the 15 they take before I get 1) and I put my fastest speed mods on JKR so he has 340 speed with his lead.
  • And on that point has anyone got any idea how to do the 10 dodges because JKR clearly doesn’t work
  • Zax9999 wrote: »
    And on that point has anyone got any idea how to do the 10 dodges because JKR clearly doesn’t work

Resistance. Rey w/JTR-bb8-C3PO-r2 or JTR lead with bb8-c3PO-r2-raid Han or CLS
  • Zax9999
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Zax9999 wrote: »
    And on that point has anyone got any idea how to do the 10 dodges because JKR clearly doesn’t work

I don’t have Rey or JTR :(
  • Zax9999 wrote: »
    Zax9999 wrote: »

I don’t have Rey or JTR :(

There are some really good advices in this thread - https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/240675/gc-tatooine-feats#latest .
  • I did T6 and T7 with this team 9pbxz6t6e5u6.png
    b3q3amlj9vej.png
    h62gtwko2u27.png
    Good luck! 😉
  • monoton wrote: »
    I did T6 and T7 with this team 9pbxz6t6e5u6.png
    b3q3amlj9vej.png
    h62gtwko2u27.png
    Good luck! 😉

The question isn't how to beat the GC. The question is why is the power jump of the opponents between t4 and t5 so substantial? I've seen GCs where t5 is harder than t7 is. I don't know about you but my g12 to g13 (r1-4) toons don't suddenly become obscenely OP. This topic keeps getting side-tracked by people posting "solutions" that aren't the answer.
  • This is a GC I like the least. Extremely RNG dependent, they hit hard and multiple times. In T7 Ahsoka started hitting my GG and eventually brought him down after like 10 continuous hits... "forfeit battle" :smiley: Hope I can max out the next one except of course the paywall Mando feat.
  • You need to approach the different feats with different teams
    Tier 5, 6 and 7 do have a huge power jump but think about your roster. Did you not see a huge leap to g13 r1 for all g12 toons? and then another big jump from r1 to r5? Also, do you not see the difference between 5* mods and 6* mods, and oh, speed as well. Come on people. If you don't have relic toons with good mods why should you be able to beat tiers 5 and 6, forget 7. However you can beat t5 with good mods and g12 toons with plenty of help from RNG.

All you need to do is complete 1-4 and some of the feats in 5 and 6 to get prize box 5 which has 6* mod mats so you can get something while working on teams to get the higher boxes. But expecting your g12 teams without all zetas to get past t5-7 is just flawed. It isn't for whales, it is for those who have focused on the teams that happen to be needed for this GC. Not every event is whale fodder. To do it the first time every time yes, but at this point in the game if you don't have a fully zeta's relic GG team, you are not focusing on teams needed for other areas like TW, Ships, TBs ,etc.

Keep trying for RNG and work on teams needed for these events as it will help you in other areas too.

I'm fairly certain fully relic GG team is not the best for this gc
    Tier 5, 6 and 7 do have a huge power jump but think about your roster. Did you not see a huge leap to g13 r1 for all g12 toons? and then another big jump from r1 to r5? Also, do you not see the difference between 5* mods and 6* mods, and oh, speed as well. Come on people. If you don't have relic toons with good mods why should you be able to beat tiers 5 and 6, forget 7. However you can beat t5 with good mods and g12 toons with plenty of help from RNG.

All you need to do is complete 1-4 and some of the feats in 5 and 6 to get prize box 5 which has 6* mod mats so you can get something while working on teams to get the higher boxes. But expecting your g12 teams without all zetas to get past t5-7 is just flawed. It isn't for whales, it is for those who have focused on the teams that happen to be needed for this GC. Not every event is whale fodder. To do it the first time every time yes, but at this point in the game if you don't have a fully zeta's relic GG team, you are not focusing on teams needed for other areas like TW, Ships, TBs ,etc.

Keep trying for RNG and work on teams needed for these events as it will help you in other areas too.

I'm fairly certain fully relic GG team is not the best for this gc
    I did it with GG r3, b1 r4, ig r4, droideka gear 12, and wat at gear 11 for challenge t7.
    But yes what the OP says is true, the damage output between p4 and p5 is insane
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    vlbdmq8dw93q.png

I wish my Greedo had this kind of RNG when he crits. I’ve never strung together more than 4 or 5.

Ok, now this is funny. Although my greedo definitely had more, particularly the many disintegrating event when I didn't want them.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    BigShoots wrote: »
    This “challenge” is neither fun nor challenging. Waiting 4 hours for RNJesus to show up is not fun, nor challenging. It’s dumb. A dumb mode, made by greedy dummies. Nothing more. Side note. I am so glad EA has lost exclusivity to Star Wars game. We may finally get a good one now

Instead of waiting 4 hours for good RNG you could have spent 10 minutes reading the various threads that show multiple ways to do this CG without waiting 4 hours for good RNG.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH