GC: Is the insane power jump between T4 and T5 really intended?

13Next

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    BigShoots wrote: »
    This “challenge” is neither fun nor challenging. Waiting 4 hours for RNJesus to show up is not fun, nor challenging. It’s dumb. A dumb mode, made by greedy dummies. Nothing more. Side note. I am so glad EA has lost exclusivity to Star Wars game. We may finally get a good one now

Instead of waiting 4 hours for good RNG you could have spent 10 minutes reading the various threads that show multiple ways to do this CG without waiting 4 hours for good RNG.

Where? I can’t find any threads discussing strategy.
  • PtmLords wrote: »
    These feats are stupid. They make it not fun. Like really my r7 GL Kylo gets destroyed by Hans first turn. What’s the point of a GL?

The modifiers suck. The player modifier is lame and isn’t worth anything. It doesn’t even help. Overall this GC is lame and hardly any fun.

And why can’t CG put a tracker up for how close you are to a feat? Is it really that hard or are they just lazy?

Uh how is your gl kylo losing in the first turn? Are you not using hux? Hux with gl kylo lead means it's impossible for han to crit on his shoots first opening Salvo- so he can only shoot twice. Period. If your gl kylo can't survive two non-crit hits from han you have some serious modding issues.
  • Just figured it out!!! Been working on it for ages and then realised. Talia lead, old daka, asaj, zombie and Wat give the shield to daka, give the bacta to asaj and focus on revives. Might take a few attempts but once you’ve got the hang of it old daka holds the team up with the stacking extra health and talia provides dodgeability to most of the team.
  • keknoby wrote: »
    the tier 5 is nearly impossible, and i tried the tier 6 with my DR arena team, on the opening han killed R7 malak shooting 6 times in a row
    impossible fights, and by the way impossible feats, just another frustrating game part, probably never been tested, really a good job... :#

I too ate 6 shots... Just have to restart due to RNG...
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Dodge and TM feats vs a team with 2xevasion down, multiple "can't be evaded" attacks and high tenacity.. Nice one CG

U mean OB, yea totally agree.

There is no invading OB. Ironic 🤣
  • Borat wrote: »
    Tier 5, 6 and 7 do have a huge power jump but think about your roster. Did you not see a huge leap to g13 r1 for all g12 toons? and then another big jump from r1 to r5? Also, do you not see the difference between 5* mods and 6* mods, and oh, speed as well. Come on people. If you don't have relic toons with good mods why should you be able to beat tiers 5 and 6, forget 7. However you can beat t5 with good mods and g12 toons with plenty of help from RNG.

All you need to do is complete 1-4 and some of the feats in 5 and 6 to get prize box 5 which has 6* mod mats so you can get something while working on teams to get the higher boxes. But expecting your g12 teams without all zetas to get past t5-7 is just flawed. It isn't for whales, it is for those who have focused on the teams that happen to be needed for this GC. Not every event is whale fodder. To do it the first time every time yes, but at this point in the game if you don't have a fully zeta's relic GG team, you are not focusing on teams needed for other areas like TW, Ships, TBs ,etc.

Keep trying for RNG and work on teams needed for these events as it will help you in other areas too.

Sorry bro but I disagree. I have the GG Wat team. R7 GG / R5 Wat / R5 B1 / R5 B2 and 1 G12 Magma. Magma didn't die in the first assault. My team dead because Han shot 6 times. Destroying 1 char apart from Magma in 1 turn.

My first run was Han shooting Wat. He nv moved again

My 2nd run was Han hitting B2. He never recovered. And B2 counter is also trigging Counters from the other team

Lastly is OLD Ben (OB). You can never invade him. He will hit you.... He always hits u...
  • I didn't care to try too hard in this event. I could've swapped GG's mods to potency and gotten the feat, but I have recently remodded my whole roster and burned out on it for a while.
  • This new GC tier 4 I easily outrun padme with a 341 speed character but tier 5 padme outruns that 341 speed character.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    This “challenge” is neither fun nor challenging. Waiting 4 hours for RNJesus to show up is not fun, nor challenging. It’s dumb. A dumb mode, made by greedy dummies. Nothing more. Side note. I am so glad EA has lost exclusivity to Star Wars game. We may finally get a good one now

Instead of waiting 4 hours for good RNG you could have spent 10 minutes reading the various threads that show multiple ways to do this CG without waiting 4 hours for good RNG.

That's typical CGDF_TVF, "it works fine for me, if you can't do it that's your fault!"

Skelturix has a worthwhile video for doing the different achievements. Even as masterful as he is at GC's, even he had RNG issues and had to do multiple runs. (TVF does everything perfect the first time....)

I wasn't talking about me at all, I was talking about several other posters that explained how they did it.

@Kyno could you check on my money again though please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91 wrote: »

That's typical CGDF_TVF, "it works fine for me, if you can't do it that's your fault!"

Skelturix has a worthwhile video for doing the different achievements. Even as masterful as he is at GC's, even he had RNG issues and had to do multiple runs. (TVF does everything perfect the first time....) As he says, this GC is "unfun", which is the perfect example of this dumb GC that CG probably didn't play at all before they threw it at us. CLS is literally a counter to GG Droids & separatists, but hey use your separatists vs a CLS Rebel team that has bonus attacks AND assists 10 times before you can move! lol

Good luck, hopefully it is helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ujr4tD_5A0

You're just one of the biggest whiners on this forum and everything that you can't complete pressing the auto button with g10 chars and poor mods is unfair for you.
    Maybe you (and other whiners) would prefer "Galactic Giveaways" instead of "Galactic Challenges" but there are still people that like the challenge.

I don't know, I'd say at the least I'm in contention with the whiners who whine about whining, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. The ironic thing is you quoted a post where I provided an option to the person I was quoting and said, "give this a try", which isn't really whining, unlike the whining about whining that was your retort. lol

Challenge is one thing, the problem is some of the things CG does appear to have a lack of understanding of how it works by them when they implement it. Multiple times they've even admitted "we didn't think of that" which is disconcerting, especially when it comes to "meta" characters when they release something new. (Today's Galactic Challenge comes to mind. Facing a Padme team with "empire" whereas Empire teams are meta because of all the bonus attacks and assists they do, which are exactly what make a Padme team stronger and more difficult to defeat.) Skelturix has a video on it as well though, so that should provide plenty of options and recommendations.

At the same time, I'm hyped and look forward to the new Conquest mode as that'll be something we've been expecting and looking forward to for a minute.

I provide them positive feedback by still playing the game AND by spending money on the game at times. I have complimented them many times over the years I've been playing on these forums as well. Though I don't spend as much time on these forums as others who are here just to maintain that only positive posts will be acceptable. (even though an official forum is where customers would go to provide feedback, especially negative.)

There, feel better now?

Skelturix has a worthwhile video for doing the different achievements. Even as masterful as he is at GC's, even he had RNG issues and had to do multiple runs. (TVF does everything perfect the first time....) As he says, this GC is "unfun", which is the perfect example of this dumb GC that CG probably didn't play at all before they threw it at us. CLS is literally a counter to GG Droids & separatists, but hey use your separatists vs a CLS Rebel team that has bonus attacks AND assists 10 times before you can move! lol

You're just one of the biggest whiners on this forum and everything that you can't complete pressing the auto button with g10 chars and poor mods is unfair for you.
    Maybe you (and other whiners) would prefer "Galactic Giveaways" instead of "Galactic Challenges" but there are still people that like the challenge.

Where do I sign up for Galactic Giveaways?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Well shoot... They fixed the "Full Empire Team" feat so the summon doesn't count any more--and just as I finally figured out how to use it! 😅

Eh. It's fine. I'll take my rank 5 prize and be done with it. My own fault for not working on Empire after all this time.

(Went with Malak as my fifth and thought the summon would credit me with the full team feat. Fractured Kenobi, then focused on Padme until Malak could drain her, the event Republic buff damaged him past the next threshold, drained her again, saw the victory screen...... and then nothing. Sigh.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Where do I sign up for Galactic Giveaways?

Funniest recent on the forums
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

I don't know, I'd say at the least I'm in contention with the whiners who whine about whining, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. The ironic thing is you quoted a post where I provided an option to the person I was quoting and said, "give this a try", which isn't really whining, unlike the whining about whining that was your retort. lol

Challenge is one thing, the problem is some of the things CG does appear to have a lack of understanding of how it works by them when they implement it. Multiple times they've even admitted "we didn't think of that" which is disconcerting, especially when it comes to "meta" characters when they release something new. (Today's Galactic Challenge comes to mind. Facing a Padme team with "empire" whereas Empire teams are meta because of all the bonus attacks and assists they do, which are exactly what make a Padme team stronger and more difficult to defeat.) Skelturix has a video on it as well though, so that should provide plenty of options and recommendations.

At the same time, I'm hyped and look forward to the new Conquest mode as that'll be something we've been expecting and looking forward to for a minute.

I provide them positive feedback by still playing the game AND by spending money on the game at times. I have complimented them many times over the years I've been playing on these forums as well. Though I don't spend as much time on these forums as others who are here just to maintain that only positive posts will be acceptable. (even though an official forum is where customers would go to provide feedback, especially negative.)

There, feel better now?

Some challenges are just out of your reach, man. And Skelturix having "multiple runs" and griping about it doesn't = I'm right. There were pretty obvious ways to take a lower relic GG team to tier 7, but I really wasn't up for mod swapping. That team was all about crowd control. You really only needed great RNG to get past the opening. From that point on you should have learned the things you needed to prevent from achieving the other feats. I got the lowest 6D mat box. This round I got the max without Beskar Mando. I had to use Resistance JTR droids for the 4, Padme for straight wins, and my horrible Empire team did great with EP lead R2, Vader R5, Thrawn R4, Piett 5* G9, and Imp ProbeZ G11 beat tier 5, which someone posted another thread a out its insane difficulty jump.

I get it, some GACs seem insane. 3 ago I thought the mechanics were not WAI. I still think it somewhat. Meh, you can't win em all. But with a smart recommendation from @Vendi1983 , I was able to beat it with another team in 2 more tries.

Also, @Vendi1983 makes the best recommendations on these forums. You should ask him for advice. He's shown he enjoys giving it
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    yes its as intended. Its to slap you in the face. It is a casual nasty deliberate slap that you get nothing of much value ... until you spend.

Lol you are trying to claim f2p can't do t5 of a GC???
  • Between GCs becoming more and more a paywall and the Pit Challenge Raid, I’m not really sure what’s enjoyable in this game anymore?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    GCs aren't paywalled.