Power In Squad Arena

Ive been playing for about a month now and in squad arena all i see is lvl 80-85 squads with 50-70k power meanwhile i am only level 59 with 34k power, i am at rank ~300, is this from people with hyperdrive bundle or am i that far behind somehow, and if so, is there a way to catch up?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Hyperdrive puts a player at 85, so not all of that is hyperdrive bundle.

Yes you can just be that far behind. Players are grouped by starting time, but it's also based on when the shard closes (20k is the estimated number). They could have had some head start from player a little longer than you.

Make a plan and stay focused on that, it can help you rank better. Catching up is a relative term, you need to be "ready for the next thing" to really get on a wave and ride that to the top. It's a "META game" in arena.

You can certainly do better in arena, I suggest you make a post focused on that with some information about your roster, but it will be a long term plan to improve there, as with most things in this game.
  • Actually likely it's people with the HD bundle. While your player level is indeed set to 85 upon purchase, each character is level 80 g8 to start with (the ones included).

I was in the same boat as you, right around level 60 after 3+ weeks and could only max in Squad Arena around 250 at best. After that I decided to just bite the bullet and purchase the bundle myself, now am breaking into top 80 but a bit behind the people who started in my shard with the bundle right away.

I would say if you are going to continue F2P, you will unlike Fleet at level 60, and you should shift your focus there by farming Geos and their ships. You can get much higher in a new fleet shard which will have better payout than Squad anyway. However, there will also be people with the bundle at top (lvl 80 and 5* ships to start), but if you focus on Geos you can get closer to the top in Fleet than in Squad.
  • Ships start at 5*? I thought HDB gave 1* ships
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Ships start at 5*? I thought HDB gave 1* ships

Gives 5* Ghost, Phantom 2, Biggs & Wedge X-wings, TF, Silencer, Umbaran, Ahsoka, Slave I, Xanadu, IG-2000, CS Arc, Vulture droid.

And 4* Executrix, Endurance and Home One