Hyperdrive bundle worth it for my account?

Hi,

Just jumped back into the game and was just wondering what you guys think about getting a hyperdrive bundle on my account?

https://swgoh.gg/p/888417632/

I want to start on toons in the journey guide but I'm lacking a lot of the toons required for them. Closest I'm at to 7 starring is GM yoda. I'm also 25 shards of general Kenobi but can seem to find a guild that does heroic tank raids and also wants me. I need carrying so I can unlock him haha. Considering the bundle to try and make me a bit more competitive in the game.

Replies

• I won't advocate many packs for sale, most are exploitative and not worth what they cost.

With that said Hyperdrive bundle is the best value ever offered in the game and if they offered it again, I'd buy it a 2nd time.
  • Also, depending on how long you've been out of game, you might want to restart a fresh account before investing in the bundle. You may find it quite hard to "catch up" w/ others on your shards now.
  • Yeah I agree with you, the pack values are atrocious. I have started a new game on Sunday. Currently at level 30. I've heard that starting new is basically just for your arena shard and it doesn't help in any other way.

I don't mind grinding out the arena on my current account. Feel like it would still be easier work than starting fresh. Just not sure which account to drop the money on and if it's even worth it on my current.
  • Wardy940 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree with you, the pack values are atrocious. I have started a new game on Sunday. Currently at level 30. I've heard that starting new is basically just for your arena shard and it doesn't help in any other way.

I don't mind grinding out the arena on my current account. Feel like it would still be easier work than starting fresh. Just not sure which account to drop the money on and if it's even worth it on my current.

Good luck! Either way you choose, Hyperdrive is huge. I had most of the characters already 7* but the gear alone made it a value. Then when you factor in the quests it adds and how nice the rewards are for those, it's a no brainer. I'd spend a lot more if packs contained this kind of value.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    HDB is worth it regardless of where your account is

if you are an endgame player with 140+ g13 toons or a player that just started the game today

the resources alone are worth the price
  • Well I guess I'll just stick with my current account then. Its gonna cut out a lot of farming that I need to do to get some of best event toons.
  • Wardy940 wrote: »
    Well I guess I'll just stick with my current account then. Its gonna cut out a lot of farming that I need to do to get some of best event toons.

For sure, to put it in prospective, I picked it up when I started my SLKR farm. There is some gear pieces that I STILL have in surplus due to Hyperdrive. I'm just finally starting to see my count getting lower to where I might have to think about them again. Since then I've done SLKR, and JML.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Wrathe wrote: »
    . Then when you factor in the quests it adds and how nice the rewards are for those, it's a no brainer. I'd spend a lot more if packs contained this kind of value.

What's this about quests now?
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »
    . Then when you factor in the quests it adds and how nice the rewards are for those, it's a no brainer. I'd spend a lot more if packs contained this kind of value.

There are some HBD exclusive requests tied to raids, but IIRC the rewards are 15 shards each of Han, GK, and Traya, which I don't think moves the needle a ton.

With that said I agree that the HBD is a fantastic value for pretty much any player at any level.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RTS wrote: »

It added a bunch of new quests for me. They weren't hard, just "play the game" type stuff. One of them is the Kill Door Panel in Rancor raid 10 times that up until Challenge version had been oh so elusive. :P

Those quests might be baseline for new accounts now, but for me they were all new. The rewards I recall the most were the mod rewards. If there were character shards as a result, I wouldn't have noticed as I had them all already.

Now if only I'd have gotten character shards for all the characters HDB that I had already, mmmm...that'd have been a nice shard shop currency boost, lol.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

It added a bunch of new quests for me. They weren't hard, just "play the game" type stuff. One of them is the Kill Door Panel in Rancor raid 10 times that up until Challenge version had been oh so elusive. :P

Those quests might be baseline for new accounts now, but for me they were all new. The rewards I recall the most were the mod rewards. If there were character shards as a result, I wouldn't have noticed as I had them all already.

Now if only I'd have gotten character shards for all the characters HDB that I had already, mmmm...that'd have been a nice shard shop currency boost, lol.

I was about to buy the HDB a few months ago, specifically because the way it's presented makes you think you're getting those shards - I stopped when I found out that you didn't get them for characters you already had (since I'm over 3M GP) but I think I'll be getting it tomorrow for the bump towards JML.
  • RTS wrote: »

I was about to buy the HDB a few months ago, specifically because the way it's presented makes you think you're getting those shards - I stopped when I found out that you didn't get them for characters you already had (since I'm over 3M GP) but I think I'll be getting it tomorrow for the bump towards JML.

Ya, I knew in advance I wouldn't get them, I waited till some cost analysis convinced me to do it. Even w/o the shards though, it was a big value add. I got it before I started SLKR farm, and I've completed him and JML both and still am living on the gear surge that it provided (for some pieces anyways).

Still could use some Stun Guns though, for the love of God?! Please?! :lol:
  • As someone who took 3 years out of the game and has been back for 6 months (I’m 100% ftp), it is very much possible to catch up in arena. I’m currently only c. 1 month from my first GL (SEE). The one disadvantage is that you either need to relic up an old arena team, in which case you’ll need to climb aggressively in order to get any crystals, or you’ll need to invest in a ‘middleground’ team i.e. probably one of the Revans or Padme in order to get some crystals. I also suck in fleet arena, which is why i’ve only been getting <200 crystals a day total, which is a bit rough.

That said, witha 6 months work it is definitely possible to get a GL, and hence climb in Arena, so if you have a decently invested account, I’d definitely stick around as it will probably be much less of a grind.

I would also strongly suggest finding a good guild ASAP, as when I rejoined I managed to find a great guild with 200m GP even though I was at 1.45m - I’m now at 2.7m and climbing, and the gear from HSTR has made a HUGE difference, so I’d definitely look around for a guild willing to invest in a relative newbie if I were you.

Good Luck!
  • I bought the last Hyperdrive bundle - boosted my toons big time. CG should do another one - call it something like the 'Kessel-Run' loads of gear, mats, energy, shards, etc but not a starter pack - more mid-to-end gamer pack(s?!). $99 is expensive but then again, it saved me about 6 months of gear grind.
  • Wrathe wrote: »
    I won't advocate many packs for sale, most are exploitative and not worth what they cost.

With that said Hyperdrive bundle is the best value ever offered in the game and if they offered it again, I'd buy it a 2nd time.

I share this. I bought it at 630k GP and would buy it now at 1.2 million GP. There is about 1500$ in gear alone if you were to buy it through other packs.
  • Funny how you all say the HDB has great value. It does exactly the same thing with the other packs. Changes a few zeroes to ones and a few ones to zeroes inside a computer in a galaxy far far away and it does that for real money. And a lot of money for that matter.

HDB is an extremely expensive way to change zeroes to ones and ones to zeroes. You can say it has good value only because all the other packs are unimaginably expensive just because it starts with the words "star wars"........

And yes it is unimaginably expensive when all 10 dollars can get you is one piece of gear out of the approximately 15 rare pieces for each of the almost 200 characters that this game is approaching!!!!!

Yes I am 100% ftp not because I do not want to support the game, I would honestly do that if they weren't trying to rob me just to play a mobile game,but because I cannot afford spending hundreds of euros every month for essentially nothing. I would honesty spend real money if the prices were 10% of what they are now. They would still make the same amount of money if not more cause whales would spend all they can afford to spend anyway and the rest of us would surely spend more than now...

So to answer your question, NO do not buy HDB no matter which account. But that is just my personal point of view...
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    Funny how you all say the HDB has great value. It does exactly the same thing with the other packs. Changes a few zeroes to ones and a few ones to zeroes inside a computer in a galaxy far far away and it does that for real money. And a lot of money for that matter.

HDB is an extremely expensive way to change zeroes to ones and ones to zeroes. You can say it has good value only because all the other packs are unimaginably expensive just because it starts with the words "star wars"........

And yes it is unimaginably expensive when all 10 dollars can get you is one piece of gear out of the approximately 15 rare pieces for each of the almost 200 characters that this game is approaching!!!!!

Yes I am 100% ftp not because I do not want to support the game, I would honestly do that if they weren't trying to rob me just to play a mobile game,but because I cannot afford spending hundreds of euros every month for essentially nothing. I would honesty spend real money if the prices were 10% of what they are now. They would still make the same amount of money if not more cause whales would spend all they can afford to spend anyway and the rest of us would surely spend more than now...

So to answer your question, NO do not buy HDB no matter which account. But that is just my personal point of view...

So you want the game to end?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • No doubt the HDB is expensive but compared to the cristal value of everything in it it’s worth it juste for the mats.
    I had no idea about the quests when I bought it. Since I was at 3.5M PG they were all completed so I got all the rewards right away. It was a very nice surprise 😅

Here’s a nice summary of the pack, there’s a section with all the quests.

https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Hyperdrive_Bundle
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    No doubt the HDB is expensive but compared to the cristal value of everything in it it’s worth it juste for the mats.
    I had no idea about the quests when I bought it. Since I was at 3.5M PG they were all completed so I got all the rewards right away. It was a very nice surprise 😅

Here’s a nice summary of the pack, there’s a section with all the quests.

https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Hyperdrive_Bundle

Wow, those quests are some good rewards to be “freebies” onto an already good pack, thanks for that!
  • I recently started a new account and waited a couple of weeks gathering resources before going to arena level and quickly climbed into the top 50 and then all the players that bought hyper drive bundles started climbing up and pushing me down. There was no way for my level 40, 3* G5 characters could compete with lvl 80, 5* G8 characters. I soon fell out of the top 200.
    That may seem like getting the hyper drive bundle will push you to the top of arena, but there are players with the bundle outside of rank 200 that I'm still competing with. $100 bucks and you still only get 60 crystals/day from squad arena? Top of the arena is full relic and that means they kept spending (prob thousands of dollars) and the ones who only bought the bundle are, at best, hoping for top 100 and possibly just top 500. Not a good value in that sense.
    If you just want to speed up progress and maybe move up to the next payout level in one or maybe both arenas, it will certainly speed up your farms and gearing and arena results will vary. You'll still feel way behind the big spenders and still have a ton of characters that you can't gear up as much as you want because you need to focus on the ones that get you GAS or a GL. You just slightly speed up your progress towards an ever moving end goal.
  • Good value for money is pretty subjective. So only you can answer this question. In the UK the HBD costs $137 which a quick internet search says will easily get easier a bottle of 20 year of Lagavullin or an hour with an obliging lady called Ludmilla. It’s up to each of us to find our own path to the Force...
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    None of the packs worth in terms of price/value, but if you compare swgoh packs with each other, then hyperbundle is a good buy, up to you

First part is completely subjective.

Second part is definitely true.
  • Starting a new account would be a huge benefit to you, since you get a brand new shard and you can really take off, and your new account will pass by where your current account is, really quickly. Highly recommend.

If you don't want to restart, make sure you get Vader's Merciless Massacre zeta. It makes him a totally different animal.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    None of the packs worth in terms of price/value, but if you compare swgoh packs with each other, then hyperbundle is a good buy, up to you

First part is completely subjective.

Second part is definitely true.

comparing to other games it is not subjective

You didn't say anything about comparing it to other games.

I don't play any other games so I can't comment further.
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    I would honesty spend real money if the prices were 10% of what they are now.

Arguably you actually say with this that you would buy the HDB. Because it definitely has more than 10 time the value of any other pack.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    Funny how you all say the HDB has great value. It does exactly the same thing with the other packs. Changes a few zeroes to ones and a few ones to zeroes inside a computer in a galaxy far far away and it does that for real money. And a lot of money for that matter.

So you want the game to end?

Where did I write that? I love this game and I am playing it every day since September 2016.All I am saying is I cannot afford to spend that much money in a game. And my personal point of view is that this game is extremely expensive. If it was like I said 10 times cheaper I could afford to spend 50 euros a month to support the game. Where do 50 euros a month take me now? Nowhere... Imagine the vault costing 10 bucks. How many off us would buy that? And how many would a whale or a kraken buy????
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    I would honesty spend real money if the prices were 10% of what they are now.

Arguably you actually say with this that you would buy the HDB. Because it definitely has more than 10 time the value of any other pack.

You've got this wrong. Compared to other packs yes, it has value. But I will not spend 100 euros for that. What if they release a pack costing 2 million dollars but has items in it worth 10 million dollars worth in crystals?? Would you buy that? I think No. Would it still have great value over the other packs? Definitely...