Tatooine: Rebels GC is an RNG fest

Geoghs
8 posts Member
edited January 2021
Well, this is a seriously irritating challenge.

Despite having a 5M toon roster, with a number of high relic toons, this challenge is just too dependent on RNG to be much fun.

I like the idea that you have to mix and match squads to get the feats, and I don't have a problem with some of the GCs having the high tier rewards hidden behind a paywall (needing Mando Beskar) but this challenge is really too dependent on RNG to be fun.

I've spent a couple of hours trying to get the TM feat with R7 Vader, R6 DR, Thrawn R5 Malak, Thrawn and it seems impossible on the top tier with that squad. I can beat the tier but not get the TM feat despite getting the feat at t6. I've given up trying the top tier now after losing Malak plus 1 other toon often before I even get a turn when the Rebels all string 4 or 5 turns in a row.

My alt account (3 million) can't get past t5 even with my arena squad of Jedi (JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, Yoda, Hoda all zeta'd and G13/12 except Hoda) with the most common occurrence being they all die before I even get a turn.

Sorry CG, but this challenge is broken. Discord chats reveal similar frustration with players who have bigger accounts than mine struggling.

Don't know if anyone from CG will read this, but I hope so.

Rant over!

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Vader lead isn’t good for this GC

Post your swgoh so we can see what works
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    We really need to stop devaluing the word "broken." It has lost all meaning here.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Geoghs
    8 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    https://swgoh.gg/p/446398314/

Unfortunately my JTR / Resistance squad is too weak as are my NS under Asaaj.

Must have come close to TM feat with Vader lead and with a GG squad with Nute, B2, Wat, MG in that I beat the top tier with both teams so should have had a decent amount of TM reduction but evidently not enough. The problem is those teams die in the opening salvo far too often so I've given up.

@TVF please feel free to remove broken and insert an appropriate adjective of your choice! ;)
  • agreed. i spent over 26 attempts at this GC. I beat it 2x. The bulk of those attempts were with my Seps, but even my Rey squad struggled. There's no fun to be had watching Ahsoka fulcrum whack your Rey over and over and over again until Rey just dies. From 1 turn.

But on these forums 'fun' is irrelevant. They only care if it's beatable not if it's enjoyable.