JML Ultimate

Every GL can achieve ultimate without an ally except JML. Any specific reason for that? (Don't say he'll become too powerful)

P.S : Just a query

Replies

• Kinda funny the Hermit Master needs help getting his Ultimate done.
  • Blah_Blah wrote: »
    Every GL can achieve ultimate without an ally except JML. Any specific reason for that? (Don't say he'll become too powerful)

He ends up as mentor and protector (well... kind of). Since protecting and mentoring literally impossible without allies requiring them to charge ultimate make sense.
  • R_Val_17 wrote: »
    Kinda funny the Hermit Master needs help getting his Ultimate done.

GMY is also great to help charge the ultimate. If it's per design, kudos CG ^^
  • Blah_Blah
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Hortus wrote: »
    Blah_Blah wrote: »

He ends up as mentor and protector (well... kind of). Since protecting and mentoring literally impossible without allies requiring them to charge ultimate make sense.

Well in that case, if we use a character with a leader tag to solo, their leader ability should be disabled 'cause there's no one to lead? :D

P.S: Just a joke CG, don't get any other ideas
  • I don't have too much of a problem charging his ultimate - time-wise, I can get ultimate about the same time as Rey - SLKR is fast. My problem with the ultimate is that the charge can be ability blocked, while I think all the others can continue to charge passively (not 100% on that).

If CG were to change anything about him, I would ask that his charging ability be un-blockable.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Forgive my ignorance - my GMY is only like G11 - can he spread JML's charge to the others?
  • StarSon
    7406 posts Member
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Forgive my ignorance - my GMY is only like G11 - can he spread JML's charge to the others?

No, but he gains tm on basic, and JML's added ability grants tm, so if you target him with IT then he goes a lot, allowing you to charge up pretty quickly.
  • I don’t like that I have to trade abilities just to use the ultimate charge ability which does less than most abilities.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don’t like that I have to trade abilities just to use the ultimate charge ability which does less than most abilities.

The ability to call GAS over and over and over is a fantastic ability worth the trade off.

And damage goes bonkers once you activate the ult.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think it really is an issue that you can truly only gain his Ult with him as a leader (I failed to do so in AB or may have gotten it in the last wave). While I hate that it's a better game plan to not have your GL as the lead, they should still provide the Jedi Lessons ability to charge (once unlocked) whether he is leading or not. This atleast gives you the ability to charge his ULT (even much slower than SLKR or Rey) without being forced to use his lead.
  • StarSon
    7406 posts Member
    BigFudge wrote: »
    I think it really is an issue that you can truly only gain his Ult with him as a leader (I failed to do so in AB or may have gotten it in the last wave). While I hate that it's a better game plan to not have your GL as the lead, they should still provide the Jedi Lessons ability to charge (once unlocked) whether he is leading or not. This atleast gives you the ability to charge his ULT (even much slower than SLKR or Rey) without being forced to use his lead.

SEE has the same 'problem.' I'm not sure it's a real problem.

As for the speed, in arena I get to JML ult before SLK gets to his every time, so SLK isn't necessarily faster to charge.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    I think it really is an issue that you can truly only gain his Ult with him as a leader (I failed to do so in AB or may have gotten it in the last wave). While I hate that it's a better game plan to not have your GL as the lead, they should still provide the Jedi Lessons ability to charge (once unlocked) whether he is leading or not. This atleast gives you the ability to charge his ULT (even much slower than SLKR or Rey) without being forced to use his lead.

As for the speed, in arena I get to JML ult before SLK gets to his every time, so SLK isn't necessarily faster to charge.

Ngl tbf imho ateotd wiasad JML's ult charge is in no way a problem on offense, it's defense where the issue lies since it's the only one of the four that doesn't charge passively.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don’t like that I have to trade abilities just to use the ultimate charge ability which does less than most abilities.

The ability to call GAS over and over and over is a fantastic ability worth the trade off.

Could also make some leftover jedi worthwile to be used on offense there with JML as they hit for over 70k+ whenever called with inherited teachings if the JML is modded accordingly.
    w2p4658jwngr.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Could also make some leftover jedi worthwile to be used on offense there with JML as they hit for over 70k+ whenever called with inherited teachings if the JML is modded accordingly.
    w2p4658jwngr.png

How much protection do you have on yours? Protection arrow?

I think mine hits in the 50s. But also calling GAS on targets without protection to keep reducing their max health *chef kiss*
  • TVF wrote: »

w2p4658jwngr.png

I think mine hits in the 50s. But also calling GAS on targets without protection to keep reducing their max health *chef kiss*

protection arrow and sitting at 511 speed / 120k protection
    still got 6 possible speed bumps and 4 possible flat protection bumps on the mod set
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

w2p4658jwngr.png

protection arrow and sitting at 511 speed / 120k protection
    still got 6 possible speed bumps and 4 possible flat protection bumps on the mod set

Very nice!

I'm running 95k prot / 575 speed lol.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    his ult makes the AB's way less of a pain, that's for sure. brb, gonna put the slkr one on auto and check my phone in half an hour to see if it's done eyeroll.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • StarSon wrote: »

Except SEE has a viable lead. One that also makes it impossible to target him once deceived is spread around. Where as, JML in the Lead spot makes the targeted person due to his taunt but also makes him extremely vulnerable to DR Teams.

I believe See can also get his Ult without his lead (I don't have him and haven't seen him not in a lead) where as you won't get that for JML outside one maybe two specific game modes/tiers.
  • Whenever I use someone else as a lead, my JML charge only gets to be a small yellow booger
  • StarSon
    7406 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Except SEE has a viable lead. One that also makes it impossible to target him once deceived is spread around. Where as, JML in the Lead spot makes the targeted person due to his taunt but also makes him extremely vulnerable to DR Teams.

I believe See can also get his Ult without his lead (I don't have him and haven't seen him not in a lead) where as you won't get that for JML outside one maybe two specific game modes/tiers.

JML's lead is quite viable. I use it daily.

But SEE can get his ultimate when he isn't the lead at about the same speed at which JML can. If SEE is not in the lead he only gets the charge from deceived enemies, not from linked. Though that might be a bit faster than JML can do it, now that I've typed it out.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    Whenever I use someone else as a lead, my JML charge only gets to be a small yellow booger

Well, yeah.