I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Don’t see it on IPS
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    GL Vader would be tight.

tenor.gif?itemid=15135911

Mhmmmmm which version of Vader tho @TVF

GL Vader

I know I know but pre suit post suit, battle damaged , which design for the mask, rebel version, the clone wars version or the movie version?
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    GL Vader would be tight.

GL Vader

I know I know but pre suit post suit, battle damaged , which design for the mask, rebel version, the clone wars version or the movie version?

It's either GL Anakin or GL Vader, there is no in between. Vader is only Vader with suit, everything before is Anakin.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Well canonically that’s not true
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Kisakee wrote: »
    GL Vader would be tight.

GL Vader

It's either GL Anakin or GL Vader, there is no in between. Vader is only Vader with suit, everything before is Anakin.

He would like a word with you

o2fs9oku6zmu.jpeg

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    GL Vader would be tight.

GL Vader

o2fs9oku6zmu.jpeg

That's still Anakin.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    GL Vader would be tight.

GL Vader

o2fs9oku6zmu.jpeg

That's still Anakin.

Um... that’s Lord Vader.

If that’s Anakin, then it’s all Anakin. The Vader who cuts Luke’s hand off is Anakin. The Vader who builds a castle on Mustafar is Anakin. And technically, you’re not wrong, Darth Vader is just Anakin. But ten minutes or so before that image of Vader storming the Jedi Temple, Palpatine declared him Lord Vader. There’s no Fallen Anakin. There’s only General Jedi Knight (I’m on the council) Anakin, and Sith Lord Darth Vader.
  • That's Vader - remember when Anakin and Sidious beat Mace - then when Anakin pledged himself to Sidious, he was renamed as Darth Vader. From that point on, he's Vader.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    So you guys admit that there is no thing like "Fallen Anakin", right?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I do, but I don’t speak for anyone else here. I also acknowledge that that is Vader.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Wow so the new GK animation looks like Ani Vader then.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    I also acknowledge that that is Vader.

I hope that all people out there calling for a "Fallen One" finally will accept this. Sorry about the trap.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    You didn’t need to trap us in to tell us that, that’s just what it is.
  • sneeyatch wrote: »
    I mean - COME ON MAN!! Whenever anyone thinks of Star Wars - Vader is the most iconic villain - absolutely GL worthy

The rework was definitely a respectable nod to Vader. I just R6ed him 30 min ago. I was gonna keep him R5, but the ship was really the deciding factor.
  • sneeyatch wrote: »
    That's Vader - remember when Anakin and Sidious beat Mace - then when Anakin pledged himself to Sidious, he was renamed as Darth Vader. From that point on, he's Vader.

That was meant to be the birth of Anakin Fallen/Lord Vader. The only reason this stuff matters is because of the added GAS storyline that the animated series brought. In cinema the progression did so little justice to GAS that without CG respecting this "Lord Vader" nuance it would seem very disjointed.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    GL Darth Vader (unmasked)

jskmalrn21gj.jpg

However, his skill set may be lacklustre.

Basic: "Breathe fresh air"

Special: "Last words" (zeta)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    GL Darth Vader (unmasked)

jskmalrn21gj.jpg

However, his skill set may be lacklustre.

Basic: "Breathe fresh air"

Special: "Last words" (zeta)

But what about his ultimate transformation
    wjambatkijss.gif
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    But what about his ultimate transformation
    wjambatkijss.gif
    Ultra Instinct Vader?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • All hail darth helmet!!

syioey48z2fx.jpg
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited January 2021

Omg are you for reals????????? Fallen jedi is a jedi that turns into the dark side, fallen anakin is Darth vader darth vader is fallen anakin, because he fell to the dark side and is no longer a jedi. In game he wouldn't be called fallen anakin, he would still be darth vader, do you call dooku fallen dooku? Nope but is he a fallen jedi? Yes. It's in the canon lore

What people mean by saying fallen anakin, is Darth vader pre suit. That's literally what they want

I would love it if we get legendary vader that is anakin doing the battle with dooku and have papa Palpatine say DEW It for p1, then have him chop off mace's hand for p2 and be named darth vader, theb for p3 be sent to jedi temple and have him kill the younglings XD

Then we could have him for the GL Vader (-the noooooooooooooooooo! Part) and make the GL Vader the suited version

Like how we got Luke Skywalker, then the GL version
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member

Omg are you for reals?????????
    Yes. There's only Light Side Anakin or Pre Suit Vader but no "Fallen Anakin". I'm very fastidious with the wording. That's my whole point.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »

Omg are you for reals?????????
    Yes. There's only Light Side Anakin or Pre Suit Vader but no "Fallen Anakin". I'm very fastidious with the wording. That's my whole point.

I beg to differ:

32wf5o6a7906.jpg

However, his kit is even more lacklustre than his Unmasked version:

Basic: Furious Shout
    Special 1: Sundered limbs
    Special 2: Crawling Grip
    Leadership: General of No one
    Unique 1: The Burning One
    Unique 2: Hero with no High ground
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    OMG who cares? This thread is about GK's animation update.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ghost Anakin cares... or is that post suit Vader.....I'm so confused.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Who cares about GK’s animation update?

It really doesn’t matter what they call that character, I just hope we get something new and soon.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

I don't either but at least it's on topic.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited January 2021

Dude honestly I don't see them reworking kenobi,(edit: because kenobi is already an amazing character and needed for multiple squads) or making GL kenobi, and even if they do, it will require the jedi council, yz6fw80ue9n5.jpg
    I Don't see the excitement for kenobi, unless you like to relic the worse faction in the game. I rather relic 7 the tuskens and jawas instead of the jedi council imo
    Post edited by Itsa_me_Malario on
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited January 2021

Dude honestly? I don't see them reworking kenobi,(edit: because kenobi is already an amazing character and needed for multiple squads) or making GL kenobi, and even if they do, it will require the jedi council, yz6fw80ue9n5.jpg
    I Don't see the excitement for kenobi, unless you like to relic the worse faction in the game. I rather relic 7 the tuskens and jawas instead of the jedi council imo

Dude honestly what? I am not the OP.