"To Me, She is Royalty" In-Game Title Awarded

Prev1
CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 2021
Back in October during my first few weeks as a Community Manager for SWGOH, I learned that a player, thegeneral, accomplished an amazing feat that I felt deserved some sort of special recognition.

I am happy and excited to announce that as of today, thegeneral, now has the unique in-game title "To Me, She Is Royalty," which recognizes their accomplishment and was "awarded for dedication to the heroines of the galaxy."

Not only is it well-deserved, but it goes to show we all have our own reasons for playing the game, and we can do it in our own meaningful ways.

Hats off, thegeneral -- We salute you!

am7yvwm2hn0k.jpg

Replies

  • Options
    @Ultra This finally
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!

    "Always remember, your focus determines your reality" Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Options
    This is AMAZING! Keep up the great work thegeneral! Thanks Doja for recognizing this.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett finally, thank you! Congrats again, @thegeneral !

    Doja, can there be some other, less special feat that the rest of us plebs can aspire to, in honor of the heroines of Star Wars? This sort of thing should be encouraged across the board if possible. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    I can't seem to find this feat anywhere in game. Is it a secret feat? Are there others?
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    maraexibil wrote: »
    I can't seem to find this feat anywhere in game. Is it a secret feat? Are there others?

    It’s a custom feat just for this player
  • Options
    i love it so much!! Congrats again to thegeneral!!
  • Ultra
    11543 posts Moderator
    Options
    el_mago wrote: »
    This is AMAZING! Keep up the great work thegeneral! Thanks Doja for recognizing this.

    ^this

    i hope future recognitions don't take 3 months to realize

    What were some of the other ideas you had for the player that didn't get accepted, Doja?
  • Options
    MKIceman wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett finally, thank you! Congrats again, @thegeneral !

    Doja, can there be some other, less special feat that the rest of us plebs can aspire to, in honor of the heroines of Star Wars? This sort of thing should be encouraged across the board if possible. Thanks in advance

    I like the idea of letting people forge their own path and then rewarding them for doing outside-the-box, meaningful things that promote positivity.

    Haven't really discussed adding in a similar feat/reward for other players, although I'd be all for it.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    el_mago wrote: »
    This is AMAZING! Keep up the great work thegeneral! Thanks Doja for recognizing this.

    ^this

    i hope future recognitions don't take 3 months to realize

    Same, but I've learned working for a huge corporation that partners with another huge corporation surrounding one of the world's biggest sci-fi franchise IP's involves some logistical maneuvering. If it took 3 months to make this happen (and a similar amount of time to make our way onto Discord), you now have a pretty good idea of why some of my ambitious plans I've been hinting at for a while don't get done within a few weeks.

    But, we're still gonna keep at it and hopefully over the next few months and beyond you'll be able to see the effort we've put into increasing our engagement and ways of interacting with the players.
  • Options
    MKIceman wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett finally, thank you! Congrats again, @thegeneral !

    Doja, can there be some other, less special feat that the rest of us plebs can aspire to, in honor of the heroines of Star Wars? This sort of thing should be encouraged across the board if possible. Thanks in advance

    I like the idea of letting people forge their own path and then rewarding them for doing outside-the-box, meaningful things that promote positivity.

    Haven't really discussed adding in a similar feat/reward for other players, although I'd be all for it.

    Is there anyone who has maxed out all the small character models? Ewoks, Ugnaughts, Yodas, Jawas, and some Droids? Maybe Pao? You could call it "Judge me by my size, do you?"
  • Ultra
    11543 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    I just assume you're all arguing over whose turn it is to use the lone laptop. :joy:
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    I just assume you're all arguing over whose turn it is to use the lone laptop. :joy:

    We're work from home, so we can't even solve it the old fashioned way: arm wrasslin'

    Although maybe that's a good thing. Crumb has pretty meaty forearms.
  • Options
    Sorry but what did that person do? Max all female characters?
  • Options
    Sorry but what did that person do? Max all female characters?

    4viay574bmre.png
  • Options
    100% gold!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you and the women of the galaxy.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Good stuff. Nice work doja/cg. Grats general!
  • Options
    How do you find out about other special goals, if not by coincidence? Wouldn't it make sense to create a special thread, where players can state what they are planning? Then you could evaluate which one qualifies for a special title and keep an eye on their progress.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    How do you find out about other special goals, if not by coincidence? Wouldn't it make sense to create a special thread, where players can state what they are planning? Then you could evaluate which one qualifies for a special title and keep an eye on their progress.

    While I understand your point, having a thread with a list of stated goals to check whether or not one would be awarded a title (or some other reward) for doing something particular in-game is not really within the spirit of what thegeneral accomplished. They forged their own path, for personal reasons, without the expectation of being rewarded for the effort.

    With a list thread, people would throw out objectives and goals, and then if I stated "that feat won't result in an award" players would likely bail on their own objective (either bc they know they wouldn't get a reward or because now someone has determined their pursuit isn't "worth" an award). I wouldn't want to undervalue a cause someone might want to work toward that would otherwise end up being personally fulfilling to them. I also don't want players to pursue a feat someone else deems personally meaningful just because they're a collection hound.

    I like hearing about players who forge their own path, do it for good reasons, and entirely without the expectation of any reward at the end of their accomplishment. I think it's good for people to know that sometimes, out of the blue, if you do something really cool, CG is ready and willing to recognize your achievement.

    Having said that, I fully support having a thread in which the community lists their ideas for possible titles and the corresponding feats related to them. Perhaps some would make it in the game.
  • Options
    maraexibil wrote: »
    I can't seem to find this feat anywhere in game. Is it a secret feat? Are there others?

    Yep, there's "Bastilla on the Bench" which was awarded to one player for unlocking Malak without using either Jedi or Sith Bastilla.
    Then there's a title (which I can't remember) awarded to all 50 members of the first guild to achieve maximum stars in Dark Side Geonosians Territory Battle (the tittle "Separatist Commander" for LS Geo TB is still up for grabs).
    The 3rd anniversary "Holotable Hero" tittle and 5th anniversary tittle and player icon "Mando" are no longer acquirable. Same applies for the "Championship Vanguard" tittle.
    Not sure if the "Princess" May 4th tittle and icon will be repeated for this year.
    Not sure if the Peter Mayhew memorial icon and title are still given out.
    If there are others I've forgotten.

    Since Grand Arena themes are being repeated I believe all the above to be everything that can be considered secrets, and are unobtainable to new players.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.
  • Ultra
    11543 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    What bugs
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    What bugs

    As mods suggested me: "Please visit the Answers HQ forums."
  • TVF
    36672 posts Member
    Options
    Leia does not approve.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11543 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    What bugs

    As mods suggested me: "Please visit the Answers HQ forums."

    That’s not a bug, it’s WAI
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Wow, didn't know you were pushing for the discord engagement for months!

    However, I do remember you mentioning looking into that when you joined the communication team. Didn't realize it was an ongoing process for so long

    Remember this whenever you see a "wHaT ArE tHEy DOiNg wiTh ThEiR tiMe??" post lol

    Got to love staff members that mock frustrated players.
    There are bugs older than 1 year in the bug reports that are still not fixed and you make fun of the players that ask to fix those problems.
    Way to go.

    Can you point out where I made fun of people reporting bugs? Seems like you're taking some liberties with your conclusions.
This discussion has been closed.