Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Valeran wrote: »
    I'm very excited for this new expansion, however, I hope it won't have LS Geo difficulty.

Do you really expect any less? The only question is at which point during the playthrough it starts. That's pretty much the only way if they don't want the whole game mode solved on its first run.

much like we are seeing with GCs, this game mode will be built with flexibility in mind. while i'm sure sectors are going to scale in difficulty, the loss of playable toons through stamina, and the ability for them to change teams and other elements, the difficulty may not necessarily be what makes it a challenge. Having a wide roster so you can counter the teams you face and teams ready to take on the boss level, may be more the focus. Developing more and wider, vs single focused set of teams.

Not sure if you have more info or not, but from my point of view, it makes sense that it will reach or even exceed the difficulty of LS Geo TB in the later stages. After all, it will probably be made future-proof to some extend, anticipating (if not directly counting with) progression stages we don't see yet. Of course good management and wide roster will be the key, but imo the difficulty will play a significant role as well. I may be mistaken, though.

what you are saying right there is why i dont think it necessarily needs to be a hard wall like LS Geo. that needed to be so future proofed due to lack of flexibility.

This game mode, much like GCs that it is based on, can simply have teams and difficulty changed "at any point" , so while I agree it may be difficult in say the last sector, they can keep progress that way as rosters develop and new toons come out.

Do you see what I mean? not to say it wont be difficult, but that they can keep a curve of difficulty over time, without having it be a brick wall like LSGeo.

I guess it boils down to whether it will be "released and done" like TB or have constant support that allows for tuning on the fly. The way I understand it, GCs are mostly automated, so I expect this to be similar with some pre-set teams and scaling difficulty. Of course, the option to retune it for future progression is still there, but on the other hand, it needs to challenge even the most developed current rosters, so LS Geo difficulty sounds about right.
    Well, only time will tell anyway. I sure don't expect to complete it on the first run.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Valeran wrote: »
    I'm very excited for this new expansion, however, I hope it won't have LS Geo difficulty.

Do you really expect any less? The only question is at which point during the playthrough it starts. That's pretty much the only way if they don't want the whole game mode solved on its first run.

much like we are seeing with GCs, this game mode will be built with flexibility in mind. while i'm sure sectors are going to scale in difficulty, the loss of playable toons through stamina, and the ability for them to change teams and other elements, the difficulty may not necessarily be what makes it a challenge. Having a wide roster so you can counter the teams you face and teams ready to take on the boss level, may be more the focus. Developing more and wider, vs single focused set of teams.

Not sure if you have more info or not, but from my point of view, it makes sense that it will reach or even exceed the difficulty of LS Geo TB in the later stages. After all, it will probably be made future-proof to some extend, anticipating (if not directly counting with) progression stages we don't see yet. Of course good management and wide roster will be the key, but imo the difficulty will play a significant role as well. I may be mistaken, though.

what you are saying right there is why i dont think it necessarily needs to be a hard wall like LS Geo. that needed to be so future proofed due to lack of flexibility.

This game mode, much like GCs that it is based on, can simply have teams and difficulty changed "at any point" , so while I agree it may be difficult in say the last sector, they can keep progress that way as rosters develop and new toons come out.

Do you see what I mean? not to say it wont be difficult, but that they can keep a curve of difficulty over time, without having it be a brick wall like LSGeo.

Is this new event scalable for all levels or "END GAME" content? i.e. 85, relic 5 etc

I dont think the event scales on any player factors. But with the flexibility they put into the GCs, it doesn't need to be built so that the end goal is relic 10 with all maxed out mods, at least not right now. they can also shape the difficulty curve differently as time goes on, so they can fine tune this, which is not a thing they could do in LSGeo. so all in all, i believe it will have a different feel than that game mode did at release.

I would also imagine they can add more sectors or difficulty "modes" as time moves on, considering this is supposed to be built with flexibility in mind.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    it doesn't need to be built so that the end goal is relic 10 with all maxed out mods, at least not right now. they can also shape the difficulty curve differently as time goes on

Relic 10 inc confirmed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RTS wrote: »
    it doesn't need to be built so that the end goal is relic 10 with all maxed out mods, at least not right now. they can also shape the difficulty curve differently as time goes on

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

Why stop there, 15-20 are right around the corner, along with our 3rd, 4th, and 5th 'The Mandalorian'
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

Why stop there, 15-20 are right around the corner, along with our 3rd, 4th, and 5th 'The Mandalorian'

All Mands on deck.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Will a screenshot of roster be taken when we join? If so an event that takes weeks will be annoying as we work on our rosters?

It's a PvE mode, so I would really doubt your roster will be snapshotted.

I understand your reticence to speak in absolutes, as a programmer myself there is an old adage.. "The difference between a new Programmer and a more experienced (older) programmer is the new programmer will say "That's no problem" Whereas a more experienced will say "That shouldn't be a problem". "

LOL

My advice to those working on the new event is, packaging is everything. If it is presented as a blatant cash grab, with pay walls etc, you will lose more of the long time players. I've seen many strong players just walk away. And they won't be back. To be clear, I'm not predicting the doom of the game, just doing my part to help it continue. Best of luck to us all :)

As to your first point, that's spot on.

As to the latter, what they do with the rewards and difficulty is not up to me, so I guess we'll wait and see. However, I'm really excited for the new game mode. I think people are gonna dig it.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

giphy.gif
  • Kyno wrote: »

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

Bruh...we were waiting to announce this next week with the GL Aunt Beru release.

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

Bruh...we were waiting to announce this next week with the GL Aunt Beru release.

This is outrageous, it's unfair! How can you release GL Aunt Beru but not GL Uncle Owen?

Which one of them would be light side and which would be dark side, I think that's the real puzzle...

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

This is outrageous, it's unfair! How can you release GL Aunt Beru but not GL Uncle Owen?

Which one of them would be light side and which would be dark side, I think that's the real puzzle...

They start out Light Side and after their ult, they gain the all new "Extra Crispy" tag.

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

Yet another major Doja leak.
  • Community - give us content so we can use our whole roster

CG - heres Conquest

Community - "WhY StAmiNa"
  • Nadebotfm wrote: »
    Community - give us content so we can use our whole roster

CG - heres Conquest

Community - "WhY StAmiNa"

Not gonna lie, didn’t read the first 7 pages.

If the difficulty doesn’t scale, or is “end game” difficulty that doesn’t really allow use of the most of our rosters

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

Mandalorian is the new Han Solo for CG.
  • TVF wrote: »

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

All Mands on deck.

Maybe there will be GC feats:
    Use 5 mando
    5 hans
    5 chewie
    Add few reys, and 5 reys
    Add few lukes - 5 lukes

And that is the beginning of second clone wars- swgoh edition
  • I've been hearing about this new feature called galactic conquest that will be showing up in the galactic war table. So far from what the devs have released in a post is just some vague Intel about purchasing power ups that will only work in this area of the game but not much else regarding rewards for furthering character development. No mention of gear rewards or shards of any kind but what do you guys think about this? Sure it may be something new to try competitively but considering how galactic challenges and the new pit raid have been going lately especially with the near non existent mando faction I hope it turns out to be something actually worthwhile
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    I've been hearing about this new feature called galactic conquest that will be showing up in the galactic war table. So far from what the devs have released in a post is just some vague Intel about purchasing power ups that will only work in this area of the game but not much else regarding rewards for furthering character development. No mention of gear rewards or shards of any kind but what do you guys think about this? Sure it may be something new to try competitively but considering how galactic challenges and the new pit raid have been going lately especially with the near non existent mando faction I hope it turns out to be something actually worthwhile

Look at GC, it will be the same, you will need GL's and the new tools in order to actually gain good gear
  • At its core, it could be very fun.

As the money making and shortsighted design practices of CG come in...not too hyped as much
  • Hard to say...

Why don’t you share your ally code so we can see if you’ll be ready for the Galactic Conquest?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Hard to say...

Why don’t you share your ally code so we can see if you’ll be ready for the Galactic Conquest?

Someone who wanted to actually succeed would take you up on this offer.

Sadly, we both know that's not the reason for these posts.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Here is my ally code. 988318793

What should I do to prepare for conquest?

Note. I began playing on 2015 but got burned out keeping up in arena. I then took a break so I don't have kotor characters.

Note. I began playing on 2015 but got burned out keeping up in arena. I then took a break so I don't have kotor characters.
    Apologies, you’ve unwittingly stumbled into a forum “joke” of mine.

The OP has created literally hundreds of threads seeking advice / opinion, but not once has he/she ever posted their ally code so people can actually help them.

It’s also very rare that OP revisits these threads.

So I’ve resolved to make this request in every thread they create.

The OP has created literally hundreds of threads seeking advice / opinion, but not once has he/she ever posted their ally code so people can actually help them.

Given conquest is just a vague description atm your joke doesn't even land as your insight would be of zero help whatsoever since you don't know what to expect from difficulty, how toons weaken over many battles, the supposed 'boss' battles, etc.

So if OP did take you up on your offer.....you'd be useless.

Given conquest is just a vague description atm your joke doesn't even land as your insight would be of zero help whatsoever since you don't know what to expect from difficulty, how toons weaken over many battles, the supposed 'boss' battles, etc.

So if OP did take you up on your offer.....you'd be useless.
    Thanks for that.

I accept that in this thread, the OP providing their ally code would be of little use...

But I had hoped I’d made it clear I’d resolved to ask this in every thread they create. Not because I’m particularly keen to help them out in any way. More because I am not convinced this person is creating these threads in order to receive advice at all.

So, if I ever do that stand up gig, please don’t buy a ticket... you’d be [redacted]
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    So the road ahead is for this new galatic war.

But what really is the road ahead? The month of Feb and we are focusing on this new content... Sure...

What about the following months? Pervious it was released that mando content was the focus and will be coming back to Clone Wars.

So instead of speculations, what exactly are we focusing on for the next few months? Or the new content planning will take us all the way June 21?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Also adding in, what is the update in easing the gear crunch?

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

So Imperial Flametrooper confirmed!

Relic 10 inc confirmed.

They start out Light Side and after their ult, they gain the all new "Extra Crispy" tag.

@CG_Doja_Fett if you get the ult out in 5 turns or less, this is the ultimate form

gpmtdrkx8z9t.jpeg

• The general idea of the game mode is great. Feels like Galactic Conquest from the old Star Wars battlefront games, which was a fantastic game mode with incredible replay ability. I used to play that mode over and over. CG should review this game and try to make this new game mode as replay-able as that was. Curios if the stamina and energy inhibits the replay aspect, which would be disappointing. I think logging in at any time with a fun & interesting game mode that changes each time we play would easily be the best thing to happen to this game.
    For example, It would be fantastic if we had a monthly theme that includes unique map/locations, modifiers/feats, etc. but also allow us to replay the mode over and over during that month. We could either get no rewards on additional attempts or give up the current rewards tier for an additional attempt to get the highest tier rewards (in case we messed up on the first go). So it’s just for fun or to improve rewards but either way, a replayable game mode!
  • So this isn't a road ahead, this is one thing being added to the game. As big a feature as it is, it doesn't justify being called a road ahead. A road ahead should lay out the year ahead, is this all we are to expect this year?