How to counter Kylo?

I keep running into a Kylo/Sid/Vader combo in GW that is wrecking havoc on me. Best way to counter this? Or a Kylo/Sid/Dooku. Advice greatly appreciated

Replies

• TMK
    700 posts Member
    Kill them in next order: Kylo, Dooku and Sidious. This applies for Jedi teams.

If you have any other variation, go Kylo, Sidious and Dooku. Maybe set them up with a suicide squad at first.
  • +1 to the previous comment, dooku always last, Sidius could be 3 or 4 IMO (out of the 5) and try to kill Kylo instantly, if you leave him half dead he will do more damage.
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    I really hate heal immunity in GW (arena it's ok) because I prefer to use a Lumi heal at start of round rather than wait 3 turns for heal immunity to dissipate to pop her heal - this way next node Lumi's heal is ready for use

I usually start with sidious because he is faster than kylo
    then burn kylo (his first attack is usually to get retribution so no heal immunity)
    and finally dooku

I have QGJ has leader and make sure that GS is in correct slot to be called in for assist. one final slap from from GS to finish him off - either a basic or assist depending on Sid's health and whether GS has offence up

Kylo usually uses his aoe attack to get retribution, so still avoided heal immunity. and then I burn him down

then dooku time - he usually has already popped his stun, ability blocks and bonus combos which were being healed by Lumi's 3 turn heal ;) I usually have popped that in her second turn

not sure what team you have but limit the amount of jedi against dooku and sid. I use QGJ for his speed buff / useful toolkit and lumi is must have healer for GW imo.

against a team like that I would typically use
    - QGJ (L)
    - GS
    - Sid - fast and decent vs sith + self heal on enemy kill
    - Lumi - Queen of GW heals, ability block and decent dps
    - Daka - emergency heal and stun machine

things become a dice roll when Dooku Lead - his evasion/offence up buff makes it a lottery. if it is getting out of hand. retreat and send a kamikaze squad to nuke dooku - don't send suicide squad vs Sid he gets health back if one of your toon dies and typically that is what suicide squads do. also targeting kylo and not finishing him down is tricky next round because his dmg output increases when he has low health

YMMV so just experiment with different combinations and see which works best - always have retreat option in GW

my 2 cents

good luck

• Thanks. How do you know which slot will be called for an assist?
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    CWOJedisix wrote: »
    Thanks. How do you know which slot will be called for an assist?
    Use QGJ special. Retreat. Move FOTP/Rey/GS into assist position.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member

Select the team, go into the game, see what character moves and retreat if you don't feel like winning.

Put another, more powerful toon in the place.
  • sid wrote: »
    Use QGJ special. Retreat. Move FOTP/Rey/GS into assist position.

wish I had rey ;)
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Kylo/Sid/Vader are nightmare teams in GW for me too. I usually attack Vader first, because otherwise, after Sid and Vader dots, Vader is going to one shot one of my chars. I choose heal immunity gamble.