Why does Secrets and Shadows Challenge Tier 3 exist?

Replies

• Maybe the new Maul will have a bonus nightsister tag just for this event.
  • So if it's not fun and the rewards aren't worth my time, I don't see the reason to even attempt it.

that's the rub isn't? Why bother playing the game, this Event, if it isn't DESIGNED properly??? Why bother spending any MONEY or time on this Event if the Rewards aren't WORTH it???

The game needs to be designed better.. Too many factions are incomplete, and Ships are a mess with a lack of cohesive fleets between the Factions. The fact that this Event is designed this way with the tremendous pitiful rewards for the time put in shows a lack of a vision and a lack of understanding of what a normal player goes through with the game..

Sad that this IP is treated this poorly.

• I have no idea what the issue is this time around, but I can’t beat ct1 anymore. I’ve been 3*ing it for months before now. This time I raised my Daka and Zombie to r5 and r2 from g12. Now Sidious destroys me. This last attempt I staggered Sidious, hit him, and then he took an immediate turn. Either it’s been tuned again or there’s a weird bug happening. There’s no reason my weaker NS team should be able to win every time but now that they’re stronger they can’t. Attempted it 32 times today.
  • I have no idea what the issue is this time around, but I can’t beat ct1 anymore. I’ve been 3*ing it for months before now. This time I raised my Daka and Zombie to r5 and r2 from g12. Now Sidious destroys me. This last attempt I staggered Sidious, hit him, and then he took an immediate turn. Either it’s been tuned again or there’s a weird bug happening. There’s no reason my weaker NS team should be able to win every time but now that they’re stronger they can’t. Attempted it 32 times today.

My NS were able to beat T2 after a few runs just like always and I beat T1 without Talia. Sounds like it’s just bad RNG?
  • Stabzs wrote: »
    I have no idea what the issue is this time around, but I can’t beat ct1 anymore. I’ve been 3*ing it for months before now. This time I raised my Daka and Zombie to r5 and r2 from g12. Now Sidious destroys me. This last attempt I staggered Sidious, hit him, and then he took an immediate turn. Either it’s been tuned again or there’s a weird bug happening. There’s no reason my weaker NS team should be able to win every time but now that they’re stronger they can’t. Attempted it 32 times today.

My NS were able to beat T2 after a few runs just like always and I beat T1 without Talia. Sounds like it’s just bad RNG?

I’d say bad RNG too but 1 attempt to 3* it for the last 10 times with a weaker team, compared to 32 attempts with total defeat with a stronger team? Something seems fishy.

Having the same issue. I have relic Daka and Ventress and I keep losing in weird ways. Daka doesn't revive people. Sidious magically recovers health. TM gets messed up. Something's off.
  • StratosF34r
    69 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Deleted
  • Mohrg
    199 posts Member
    I wasn't able to beat CT1 this time around, ran 15 attempts manually and 5 autos, normally i stick it on auto and it sometimes takes 2 attempts.

• Sometimes when you gear up a character it seems that it can trigger the opponent’s AI differently who they prefer to target and which ability they use resulting in a worse outcome for you, unfortunately.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    same here. cant complete the event. low tiers yes, but even the omega tier struggles.
    CT1 is on 3* but couldnt finish it - either on manual or auto
  • Sometimes when you gear up a character it seems that it can trigger the opponent’s AI differently who they prefer to target and which ability they use resulting in a worse outcome for you, unfortunately.

This wasn’t really the issue though, it was Sidious’s immediate AoE after draining his TM from stagger. None of my TM moved, he went from about 75% to 0% to immediate AoE with nothing between. So 3 people would die, then Daka revive (ideally), then he’d basic attack, then immediate AoE again. It was lather-rinse-repeat every time. It doesn’t make any sense.
  • Yeah I’ve seen that happen as well previously and I’m not really sure why. All I can say it’s probably not related to any new changes. I’ve just given up on ct2, it’s not worth the grief.
  • Yeah I’ve seen that happen as well previously and I’m not really sure why. All I can say it’s probably not related to any new changes. I’ve just given up on ct2, it’s not worth the grief.

If you’re replying to me, it wasn’t ct2, it was ct1, which I had 3* before with the weaker team. Oh well. Guess it’s just a thing that’s out of my realm now
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    I gave up on ct2 as well lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This thread is the Nightsister Zombie of the forums.
  • If someone recorded last tier of S&S completion on YouTube, it would be 1 of the most watched SWGOH vids.
  • If someone recorded last tier of S&S completion on YouTube, it would be 1 of the most watched SWGOH vids.

The start of that vid would be “Hi and welcome to watch my developer account with a full relic level 20 team that we used to balance test this event with…”
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    This thread is the Nightsister Zombie of the forums.

This thread is my Magnum Opus

Any luck or still the same?

Actually, DM your reply if ya don't mind.

I've also asked for a data pull to maybe give us a clearer picture of what (if anything) is happening in scenarios like this.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe players do it with NS, but you need Talia.

Are you sure it’s been done on tier 3? That strategy is an insane RNG-fest on tier 2 but I’ve never seen anyone pass wave 4 on tier 3.
    I’m hoping for a GL nightsister soon :)

That would be nice, but maybe not "too soon".

Please add the "tm" following "soon" next time. We've talked about this. I don't want to have to ban you, Kyno.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    capsular wrote: »
    I have no idea what the issue is this time around, but I can’t beat ct1 anymore. I’ve been 3*ing it for months before now. This time I raised my Daka and Zombie to r5 and r2 from g12. Now Sidious destroys me. This last attempt I staggered Sidious, hit him, and then he took an immediate turn. Either it’s been tuned again or there’s a weird bug happening. There’s no reason my weaker NS team should be able to win every time but now that they’re stronger they can’t. Attempted it 32 times today.

I've also asked for a data pull to maybe give us a clearer picture of what (if anything) is happening in scenarios like this.

how about a data pull on my account so you can see that the JMK tier 1 event crashed FIVE times on me!

wrong thread

Any luck or still the same?

Actually, DM your reply if ya don't mind.

I’ve actually never beat tier 1. Running a full g12 team with r3 Talzin and Asajj. Even tried arena mods. Sideous just wipes them out, all of them….. “kackle”

But seriusly, of all the assault battles this one is ridiculous, even build members with full relic NS squads have trouble.

• Mohrg
    199 posts Member
    edited July 2021

I’ve actually never beat tier 1. Running a full g12 team with r3 Talzin and Asajj. Even tried arena mods. Sideous just wipes them out, all of them….. “kackle”

But seriusly, of all the assault battles this one is ridiculous, even build members with full relic NS squads have trouble.

Daka is the key, crit avoidance arrow plus crit avoidance per relic level, but even at relic 5 it is hard work.
    Cannot wait for NS so we can complete this event, I wish I had time to Relic 8 (9) all of them (and do something with my rogue one team).
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    T1 with 300+ speed Spirit does it every time for me. Her foresight keeps her alive between basics and she's just waiting to revive someone when she finally kills him.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    T1 with 300+ speed Spirit does it every time for me. Her foresight keeps her alive between basics and she's just waiting to revive someone when she finally kills him.

T1 you say.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Yes @TVF . CT-2 I only bother with if I have 1+ hours with nothing to do, as it requires that Talia revive cheese to work properly.