End Game Farming.

Darthnstein
posts Member
edited January 2021
I’m end gameish, have a good darth Revan and Jedi knight Revan squad. I’m wondering what other squad should I get up. I don’t really care too much about squad arena. More focused on doing better in raids.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• If you want to do well in raids SLKR is a great idea
  • If you were truly end game you would be farming gear, not toons. ;)
  • We cant say anything without your swgoh.gg
    I’m end gameish, have a good darth Revan and Jedi knight Revan squad. I’m wondering what other squad should I get up. I don’t really care too much about squad arena. More focused on doing better in raids.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If you were truly end game you would be farming gear, not toons. ;)

This or you would be farming characters you want, not necessarily out of need, which makes the choice easier and more personal.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If you were truly end game you would be farming gear, not toons. ;)

Mostly if you farm gear it's for a character. I have most characters at 7*, but I still need to farm gear for them.
    So when I say I'll farm my resistance, I farm gear for my resistance.

• Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I think it might be possible to arguably be endgame with an elite top 80 that gets you up there in GAC upper ranks div 1, because there are a slew of toons not worth farming. Owning the Revans and Malak is just a small stepping stone to that.

There's no reason to nit-pick the OP's rhetoric though. I don't know if anyone even addressed his question.
    @Darthnstein
    If you are willing to skirt Arena, then I'd pursue your own favorite toons from lore. CG is starting to do some interesting things with animations like B1's attack and the Armorer's. I personally hate the Armorer's animations and think it is a lame cheesy attempt to try and visually depict the TV show's role of her in the game. A lot of people might feel otherwise.

1 can only surmise that CG is going to do more with The Mandolorian tag, so if you fancy that lore than start the farm there. Mando and Greef are pretty casual farms if you are done with all else on fleet nodes, and Mando also has a 12 energy node so you can make his go quick. Oh, and I think Greef comes with the rebel tank ship, which is why I am getting him in the 1st place.
  • Have to hard disagree that this would constitute “endgame” @Mephisto_style. Players who elect to skip farming certain toons / ships are one surprise set of event requirements away from being on the back foot again.

Recent examples of this have been Hoda / Wampa requirements for JKL, and the ships needed for both Raddus and Finalizer. People who have relentlessly farmed everything were not hampered by these requirements, people who have skipped certain toons / ships were spitting feathers.

It’s been at least 18 months now, maybe 2 years, that the only toons / ships I have left to farm are the ones they’ve just released. Ignore something at your peril.
  • Have to hard disagree that this would constitute “endgame” @Mephisto_style. Players who elect to skip farming certain toons / ships are one surprise set of event requirements away from being on the back foot again.

Recent examples of this have been Hoda / Wampa requirements for JKL, and the ships needed for both Raddus and Finalizer. People who have relentlessly farmed everything were not hampered by these requirements, people who have skipped certain toons / ships were spitting feathers.

It’s been at least 18 months now, maybe 2 years, that the only toons / ships I have left to farm are the ones they’ve just released. Ignore something at your peril.

I get that. I was advocating for "ability to make an argument it could be endgame." I do think for a lot of players with a solid top 80, they are done caring about farming.
  • Y'all are getting too serious about the definition of "endgame". I was just pulling his leg. :D
  • I’ll answer your question directly:

Go for Jedi Knight Luke.

He’s very powerful... powerful enough to counter GLs. He will be relevant for a very very long time. The requirements to get him are “reasonable,” and generally useful. Most importantly, he’s A LOT OF FUN TO USE in many game modes.