Fracture bugged

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited January 2021
Not sure if it’s game wide or just in DSGeoTB but fracture wasn’t working on Padawan Anakin. Thrawn had him in fracture but he still unloaded his AOE and then was gaining TM before thrawn went and the fracture broke.

r1tceh1vdkdl.png
t37vpk2m90pl.png
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It's not broken.

Fracture sets a character's speed to 0, which is why they don't take a turn.

However, that Clone Commander on the field in your picture sets the speed of all units to 150, which can't be changed.

yck4p97ielzu.png
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    speed setting is one thing but I thought fracture breaks if and only if thrawn dies, thrawn takes a turn or gas goes to cover

Wrong. Fracture hasn't expired. They still cannot gain buffs or bonus TM.

As their speed cannot be adjusted thanks to CC's Tough Terrain they'll still be able to turns. It's WAI.
  • Options
    so even if the enemy speed is set to 150 it still retains the fracture debuff until thrawn gets a turn. (does not matter if the enemy gets a turn) the speed and counter reduction still remains, only the speed set to 0 is changed. and ofc thrawn still counter attacks and gets tenacity.. or that's how it should be, no?

I'm not sure why this is difficult.

No part of Fracture says characters cannot take turns. It's a result of having their speed set to zero. As Clone Commander keeps the speed of all units stuck at 150, a Fractured unit will still take turns.

All other effects of Fracture will be in place until either unit dies, Thrawn takes a turn OR, in the case of GAS, enters Cover.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    so even if the enemy speed is set to 150 it still retains the fracture debuff until thrawn gets a turn. (does not matter if the enemy gets a turn) the speed and counter reduction still remains, only the speed set to 0 is changed. and ofc thrawn still counter attacks and gets tenacity.. or that's how it should be, no?

No part of Fracture says characters cannot take turns. It's a result of having their speed set to zero. As Clone Commander keeps the speed of all units stuck at 150, a Fractured unit will still take turns.

All other effects of Fracture will be in place until either unit dies, Thrawn takes a turn OR, in the case of GAS, enters Cover.

It doesn't say it, but that's always how it works. Someone can double check me, but I believe if Thrawn fractures an enemy at 100% TM who can't lose TM, that enemy will still not take a turn until they lose fracture even though they are at 100% TM.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options

It doesn't say it, but that's always how it works. Someone can double check me, but I believe if Thrawn fractures an enemy at 100% TM who can't lose TM, that enemy will still not take a turn until they lose fracture even though they are at 100% TM.

Because they have their Speed set to 0 and that's the changing condition here. Even though i don't like that Fracture is bypassed that way it's absolutely plausible.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

A character at zero speed can't take a turn.

It's not the same as what you said, but a Fractured JKA's bonus turn procs when an ally drops below 50% health. He can't use it though as his speed is zero.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    My zombie was still taking turns at minus two stacks of speed.

WAI
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options

Units have always been able to gain bonus tm while fractured, even to 100%. They don't take a turn at 100% because speed is 0. In this case, the speed can't be altered from 150 until the clone is dead.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Units have always been able to gain bonus tm while fractured, even to 100%. They don't take a turn at 100% because speed is 0. In this case, the speed can't be altered from 150 until the clone is dead.

Except they shouldn’t gain bonus TMn7bglfzi7h6l.png

• TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Which is irrelevant here because they aren't gaining bonus TM, they're gaining their normal TM.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Which is irrelevant here because they aren't gaining bonus TM, they're gaining their normal TM.

Except I’m correcting an incorrect statement. So to the post I specifically replied to, yes it is.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Except I’m correcting an incorrect statement. So to the post I specifically replied to, yes it is.

They can't get bonus TM. I believe crzydroid meant they can gain the 100% TM from when a bonus turn procs, which is also working properly.

You're welcome for the answer to your initial post.
  • Options

They can't get bonus TM. I believe crzydroid meant they can gain the 100% TM from when a bonus turn procs, which is also working properly.

You're welcome for the answer to your initial post.

Thank you for the initial answer, although I wonder if it actually is WAI given other mechanics but does seem to be as intended if it actually makes sense?

However idk if crzydroid meant bonus turns or not which also begs the question based on what was said before. You gain bonus TM from the bonus turn like with Grevious for example so I wonder If it should stop the TM gain itself too. I remember there was a thread on this awhile ago
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Except they shouldn’t gain bonus TMn7bglfzi7h6l.png

Sorry, I knew there was something else. But I was thinking of tm swapping, which was always possible, and I believe full bonus turns also fill the bar.