After PVE game development, consider PVP

Prev1
This is not a complaint, but PVP is not really getting love besides new toons.

GC and Conquests are nice. = PVE
PVP is wondering when you're gonna call her.

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Another arena?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Another arena?

tenor_4.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    Grand Grand Arena
  • They need to fix or improve the PvP they already have. Squad Arena can be a source for super toxic **** from shard chats and needs a huge overhaul, though I'm not optimistic on that one

TW and more importantly GAC matchmaking needs a complete overhaul because it is absolutely abysmal
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Emguy wrote: »
    Grand Grand Arena

Galactic Grand arena

Grand Galactic Arena
  • I still want my Wager Battles. You post your team on a board with a stun gun salvage on the table for whatever opponent with only certain factions being able to battle it. Limits are on GP of the team or something, perhaps you even get to pick the faction.

The idea is at anytime you can go in and meaningfully battle another player to earn something.

You'd get choice, value, I think fun.

For me Squad arena = battling GAS , JKL, Rey, SLKR, or DR Malak. Always the same stuff. GAC is great but always annoying 24 hour periods.

We need something live that is not so narrow.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I still want my Wager Battles. You post your team on a board with a stun gun salvage on the table for whatever opponent with only certain factions being able to battle it. Limits are on GP of the team or something, perhaps you even get to pick the faction.

The idea is at anytime you can go in and meaningfully battle another player to earn something.

For me Squad arena = battling GAS , JKL, Rey, SLKR, or DR Malak. Always the same stuff. GAC is great but always annoying 24 hour periods.

I am over 99% sure they will never make a gambling system like that.

Without an overhaul, Live is not really an option.
  • The best PVP update would be grand arena quickmatches.

Every hour starts a new 1:1 grand arena. You queue up and get matched. 15 minutes to scout and set defense, 30 minutes to attack, 15 minutes to review. New matches start the next hour.

Give rewards for first win every day. Other matches would act as a sandbox mode to try new counters.

YouTubers would have content to stream any time of any day.

Regular players would have a PVP challenge available any time of any day.

Why they haven’t done this yet boggles my mind.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Deleted
  • They need to fix or improve the PvP they already have. Squad Arena can be a source for super toxic **** from shard chats and needs a huge overhaul, though I'm not optimistic on that one

TW and more importantly GAC matchmaking needs a complete overhaul because it is absolutely abysmal

What's wrong with GAC matchmaking? Seems great to me.

What would you want changed?
  • Do we need more PvP?
    Firstly, it's person versus the AI and I think Kyno said "live" where 2 people are actually battling is unlikely.
    Putting that aside, we have both squad arenas, GAC and TWs. I'd have thought that's probably enough.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    A: Live PVP is always a nightmare. The other guy will either have carrier-pigeon-powered internet or be a dumb ragequitter like 75% of the time. Pass.

B: I'm fine with GA representing the pinnacle of PVP content. We really don't need yet another PVP mode. I would, however, be on board with something that makes squad and fleet arena less mind-numbingly boring.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    They need to fix or improve the PvP they already have. Squad Arena can be a source for super toxic **** from shard chats and needs a huge overhaul, though I'm not optimistic on that one

What's wrong with GAC matchmaking? Seems great to me.

What would you want changed?

There's like 50 other threads full of that stuff.
  • This is not a complaint, but PVP is not really getting love besides new toons.

We already got plenty of Avenue for pvp, let their be something for ships and ships only, we honestly should have gotten a ship raid or GC for ships by this point even if it's just a pilot gear check to see if u will pass it or not, it's still something, when CG said Galactic challenges are something where you would get to use your entire roster, I got super excited until they said no, ships are not included at the moment and now this new game mode doesn't have ships in it again. Just give us something for ships before we get more pvp or pve events
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Speak for yourself. I think it's great we get this new single-player content.
  • Why can’t some things be less grand? Introducing....

Mediocre Midichlorian Arena
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Why can’t some things be less grand? Introducing....

CUP meta incoming!!!
  • If you want live arena go check out MSFs version so you know why it’s a horrible idea. If you take certain characters in the enemy will just forfeit or let it time out. Live pvp in these games is absolute trash and I seriously hope they never do it here
  • This is not a complaint, but PVP is not really getting love besides new toons.

We already got plenty of Avenue for pvp, let their be something for ships and ships only, we honestly should have gotten a ship raid or GC for ships by this point even if it's just a pilot gear check to see if u will pass it or not, it's still something, when CG said Galactic challenges are something where you would get to use your entire roster, I got super excited until they said no, ships are not included at the moment and now this new game mode doesn't have ships in it again. Just give us something for ships before we get more pvp or pve events

Not only would I like ships to be the meat of Wager Battles, but the fact we can mod characters and not ships is the dumbest thing in the game.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I still want my Wager Battles. You post your team on a board with a stun gun salvage on the table for whatever opponent with only certain factions being able to battle it. Limits are on GP of the team or something, perhaps you even get to pick the faction.

Yea, all the packs they offer have that market cornered.

Live PVP is not the way to go.

Mini PVP GAC where you can pick your opponent.....this is the way.

I don't know if what I am positing is "live PVP."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Iy4oy4s wrote: »

You did seem to be, at one point.

• Kyno wrote: »

Yeah, emI used the word, but if you don't cherry pick 1 sentence out of what I wrote you will have a better idea of what I mean
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yeah, emI used the word, but if you don't cherry pick 1 sentence out of what I wrote you will have a better idea of what I mean

I wasnt cherry picking, I responded to that line with your whole comment, I was just pointing it out.

It reads the same way even with your whole post.

Either way, I'm not arguing, I was just pointing it out that you seem to be saying that in your reply.
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »

This. I want Meh-rena.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »

This got me thinking....why not?
    Maybe not in Arena; but why not have a GC theme or a game mode that wont allow any force-user toons?
    And before I get the usual, I know ppl have invested alot in GLs and the like, but this would actually be a challenge. Not everything has to reward you for having the big shiny
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    what about Arena without reward, like skirmish /unranked where you goof around, wouldn't be a big development. maybe only me, but there are some mandatory content but I don't feel like the game has the.. game aspect, you know log in just to play without consequences

Like a sandbox mode to test squads? Who would want that...