Mandalorian GC

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Jpolson43 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness! These people spent time and money developing a game, and now would like SOME of the people playing it to VOLUNTARY pay something for it!?!?! THE HORROR! Somebody call the national guard! This has to stop!

1.4 billion game, I think they can afford to give us a break here and there

I mean adding 1 or 2 toons to help bring together a new faction and adding that tag to older toons, seems like a fairly decent bone.

As opposed to just adding the whole faction as new toons.

It seems a little early to call the whole thing paywalled and at this point many players can be getting the mando faction ready FTP.

At this point i am not sure what game you are playing,no more then 2 characters from this faction can work together in the current state,the tag is dead in the water for now,ig-11 and l3 are hitting harder them my r5 jango and boba.
    This is a paywall,even if you can pull it without armorer the fact that the tag is composed of mostly obscure characters that only a handful of us can afford to take them to relics is called a paywall and we already have that for half the GC's.

You clearly don't know what a paywall is.
  • Options
    What a wonderful event!!
  • Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    MikKro wrote: »
    Battle/crits: CLS
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

Agreed. Any variation of this works. Cleared enough for T6 crate. Don’t have BMando and the rest of the faction is garbage on their own. Not trying to even get T7 rewards as that’s locked behind this GC’s paywall

Quite a few people have stated that they’ve done T7 with 3* Armorer and a good OG mandalorian so not much of a paywall really

So does that take away what I said that the faction on its own is trash? Armorer works more as a cover all and outside of Bamando don’t do much. But sure...keep overlooking what I said.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    s5nqc4yjvo2n.png

New GC game

(Each DoT counted as a new stack of Clan Loyalty each turn too)
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Interesting you somehow managed to do it with Kenobi. I needed to use Malak. Whenever I tried GK, even with my weakest Mandalorians, I'd kill them all well before 100 stacks.

That's why I didn't put any other Mandalorians in the team! Went with only 2 toons not 5, otherwise the mass assist will destroy them too fast. I didn't entirely auto it though, I aimed IG-11 first, let it run on auto, then after a while I saw he was dead so I made sure I wasn't killing L3 too, regularly aiming somewhere else whenever she was losing her taunt so she had time to heal.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

Agreed. Any variation of this works. Cleared enough for T6 crate. Don’t have BMando and the rest of the faction is garbage on their own. Not trying to even get T7 rewards as that’s locked behind this GC’s paywall

Quite a few people have stated that they’ve done T7 with 3* Armorer and a good OG mandalorian so not much of a paywall really

So does that take away what I said that the faction on its own is trash? Armorer works more as a cover all and outside of Bamando don’t do much. But sure...keep overlooking what I said.

No and I never said anything about the faction not being good. I agree with you it’s not but you said the T7 crate was locked behind a paywall and plenty of people have proven it’s not so now you’re just overlooking your own point
  • Options
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

No and I never said anything about the faction not being good. I agree with you it’s not but you said the T7 crate was locked behind a paywall and plenty of people have proven it’s not so now you’re just overlooking your own point

People have said they did it with BMando and the Armorer. Or the Mandalorian relic’d. Relics are a big choke point in gear economy. A G12 Mando on their own with a G11 Armorer (who need kyro’s, guns and carbs to even get there) and a zeta is also key. So unless you have relic’ed OGMando or great RNG, you need to pay to get those toons up to snuff.
  • Options
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

People have said they did it with BMando and the Armorer. Or the Mandalorian relic’d. Relics are a big choke point in gear economy. A G12 Mando on their own with a G11 Armorer (who need kyro’s, guns and carbs to even get there) and a zeta is also key. So unless you have relic’ed OGMando or great RNG, you need to pay to get those toons up to snuff.

Case in point. Opening salvo does this to my team. Good mods. Modded for speed and survivability. However if they’re not relic or geared high enough they’ll get destroyed before even taking a turn. Whether you want to call it a paywall, or relic wall, the basic point applies. Get the T6 crate, don’t waste your time or resources into a useless faction as is and move on with your day.

29f4jxvyutn3.png
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

No you don't.

You can choose to not have any resources on hand and pay to get them, but that's your decision. It's not required.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Can Sabine wear a helmet ?

Its not a fashion show its a battle
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

No you don't.

You can choose to not have any resources on hand and pay to get them, but that's your decision. It's not required.

Yeah I went to say this but my comment got stuck in approval land so just +1 to this
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Can Sabine wear a helmet ?

Its not a fashion show its a battle

"You go to school to learn not for a fashion show."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI
  • Options
    frackme_21 wrote: »
    Why do we have a GC that's entirely gated on new, paywalled characters? The only usable leader for a full mandalorian squad is the armorer, who is pay to play. Aside from that, all the other mandalorians that aren't jango or mando are not great characters.

I get paywalling the highest level of crates, but to do it on the entire event is pretty much a slap in the face.

My Canderous and Jango(Gear 12 and Gear 11) can solo tier 4... I don't see the problem
  • Options
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

No you don't.

To get to the required relic level to do the last tier? Yes it is required. A G12 OGmando and G8 Armorer will not survive the attacks. The required gear is steep given the amount of guns, carbantis, kyro’s, etc in order to get them geared enough.

However it is like you said you don’t have to do that, and as a result don’t have to get the last reward crate. Which is true. Just as I will continue to hoard my resources to finish my SLKR grind by next week so I can finally start farming his tickets to get him ready to go by months end. It’s as you always say resource management or pay. In this case i will choose to ignore this and move along 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

No you don't.

To get to the required relic level to do the last tier? Yes it is required. A G12 OGmando and G8 Armorer will not survive the attacks. The required gear is steep given the amount of guns, carbantis, kyro’s, etc in order to get them geared enough.

You said it is required to pay to gear those toons up. You are wrong.
  • Options
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

No you don't.

You said it is required to pay to gear those toons up. You are wrong.

I just used a relic Malak along with 4 under-geared Mandalorians to complete tier 6, easily getting the * to apply 100 clan loyalty* requirement, it's not that bad.
  • Options
    Can we talk about the wording of "the code" modifier? I understand how most of us did the t7 and i did it likewise but i would like to point out that IMO malak shouldnt get a stack of CL when Malak himself is being hit. Not gonna call it a bug but i honestly think the effect is not matching the decription. Probably WAI, but a confirmation couldnt hurt.
  • Options
    hqt5iiefqh5n.jpg
    Second best crate unlocked with this, getting the T4 100 clan loyalty thing on jolee. My sith empire got the win in T7

Nice post. I thought I was going to be stuck one crate lower until I tried this. Jolee is a good pick since he can use his second and third abilities to help replenish health and protection on the others. I have g12 jolee, g9 jango, and g8 on the rest and it worked. If you can keep everyone alive while getting hit with the aoe's, it doesn't take too long to hit the 100 mark.

• Options
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Can we talk about the wording of "the code" modifier? I understand how most of us did the t7 and i did it likewise but i would like to point out that IMO malak shouldnt get a stack of CL when Malak himself is being hit. Not gonna call it a bug but i honestly think the effect is not matching the decription. Probably WAI, but a confirmation couldnt hurt.

It's in the feat: if only one character isn't a Mando, then he gets the Code bonus when he's hit too. I admit I didn't understand it clearly at first the way it's worded in game, but that's what it means. So when he's hit, he gets the stacks.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthAsajj wrote: »

It's in the feat: if only one character isn't a Mando, then he gets the Code bonus when he's hit too. I admit I didn't understand it clearly at first the way it's worded in game, but that's what it means. So when he's hit, he gets the stacks.

To be clear, it appears that whenever ANY of them are hit, they all get the stacks.
  • Options
    To be clear, it appears that whenever ANY of them are hit, they all get the stacks.

Yeah and imo this doesnt match the description. I understand 4 mandalorian can adopt a 5th character, but that doesnt make Malak a mandalorian, so attacking malak shouldnt trigger the effect - that is, based on the description
  • Options

Yeah and imo this doesnt match the description. I understand 4 mandalorian can adopt a 5th character, but that doesnt make Malak a mandalorian, so attacking malak shouldnt trigger the effect - that is, based on the description

GC wording on feats (and GAC wording on feats in the past) often have that problem. They look bugged based on their wording but it's the wording that's the problem not the feat. Which only makes us more confused in the end really.
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    792 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

I like the idea of turning Malak into a foundling.
  • Options
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

" I dont want to spent resources on mandalorians and call their event paywall."
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Clan buff:
    w9lakei7nqt3.png
    bgdttw2h30oc.png

" I dont want to spent resources on mandalorians and call their event paywall."

Hmmm nice try.

Also it’s “spend”, as in “spend more time spellchecking before you try and burn someone.”
  • Options

Kyno wrote: »
    Wanabe wrote: »
    Galactic challenges were supposed to be new content. But they are really the **** part of the game right now. If I did not have to do them to progress I would choose not to do them. They teach me nothing about the game except that it can get stupid hard when a dev turns the levels up. So what?

A major problem with the game is we don’t get to actually practice what we do. Galactic challenges don’t help that. And they have devolved into pay walled products I won’t buy.

Can we talk about your last paragraph there..... you are saying you dont get to practice, the event runs for 3 days and has no limit.... I consider that the ultimate practice zone for this event, you can even step up difficulty to try and balance put investment vs rewards.

Strict mandi feats, I will give a little paywall on that one, Mandalorian GC doesnt seem to be costing anyone anything.......

The purpose of these does seem to be expanding and rewarding wider rosters, but that is not the same thing as a paywall.

Let’s agree to disagree. But, keep in mind that our guild discord is filled with CG’s customers complaining.

Rationalizing bad ideas is a problem.

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Any reason why Jedi Master Luke doesnt get the mando clan power up?
  • Options
    @ShaggyB what's the team comp?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Any reason why Jedi Master Luke doesnt get the mando clan power up?

He did for me. Is JML the only non-mandolorian in your squad? You can't have more than one or the power up won't apply.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @ShaggyB what's the team comp?

Armorer lead with jml