Is It Possible To Take Out A Negotiator Fleet Using Three Ships?

LilFalcorn
6 posts Member
edited February 2021
I had a GAC opponent do that and it seems a bit odd https://swgoh.gg/p/974795439/gac-history/?gac=48
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• swgoh.gg has had issues reporting fleet battles for some time now. Those banner counts for example are impossible: max is 72 and they report 80.

The battle durations also seem highly unlikely.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Despite swgoh.gg being a bit buggy the answer to your question is yes, 3 ships are enough if you use Malevolence.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • They used Vader's ship, palps ship, and tie bomber under an executrix lead to take out 5* r5 GK negotiator with the ships of r3 anakin, g12 ahsoka, and r7 5s
  • No tank? Then that's even easier.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Negotiator mirror matches can also be won without calling a reinforcement with several different fleet compositions (usually involving some combination of JKA, Ahsoka, 5s, Rex, Y-wing, and Hounds Tooth).
  • So it's altogether possible so take out that negotiator fleet before it even gets out a reinforcement
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    LilFalcorn wrote: »
    So it's altogether possible so take out that negotiator fleet before it even gets out a reinforcement
    Depends on the fleet compositions and ship power levels involved and of course the RNG outcomes.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    It's a 7* bomber, so it would be very good at defending the other ships while also putting burning on everyone. There's one Empire fleet in my arena, and while I can assuredly beat it, I do need Plo Koon to come in and heal. If the opponent is controlling the Empire fleet and the AI is the one controlling the Negotiator fleet, I can see them winning. Especially since it's only a 5* Negotiator.
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    No tank? Then that's even easier.

5's ship is technically a tank, how good is debatable.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    So it's altogether possible so take out that negotiator fleet before it even gets out a reinforcement
    Depends on the fleet compositions and ship power levels involved and of course the RNG outcomes.

The negotiator fleet is 5* negotiator for r5 GK, r7 5s ships, r3 JKA ship, and g12 zAhsoka ship. So the question is could that lineup be defeated before it ever had a chance to reinforce
  • LilFalcorn wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

The negotiator fleet is 5* negotiator for r5 GK, r7 5s ships, r3 JKA ship, and g12 zAhsoka ship. So the question is could that lineup be defeated before it ever had a chance to reinforce
    No taunter and 2 squishies on the starting line. Possibly. How come you didn't start your Y-Wing?
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

Between the burning, dots, and other things going on, I can see it. It's only a 5* cap so it's going to be slower. Killing before reinforcements can still mean the cap got at least one turn, and maybe close to the second. And this other person has relic pilots as well.

oh that comp is easy to destroy.

I do it all the time. especially in GAC. It's doable in fleet arena too. if you want it to be harder on your opponent you definitely should stick a taunting tank into teh lineup. HT or Y-Wing.