Advice and help now I hit 3M GP

https://swgoh.gg/p/917197765/characters/

I'm close to spending 2 zetas, and would like a bit of advice and suggestions on my direction, now I am almost 3M GP.

I started with Phoenix, BHs, then invested heavily in my CLS, Han, Chewie, ChewPio, C3PO and they keep me top 50 in SA, and often I break top 20 (there are 10-15 GLs, mostly SLKR or SEE in the shard top 20 so I have to go for the DR and GAS teams). I share (swap each day) top spot in Fleet with one other, using my rebels. No Nego or Malev yet, but would probably go Nego when time comes (unless there's a better new cap ship).

I don't have any Revan's, but have Padme, JKA, Ashoka, GK, and was thinking about a zeta on Barris for that team (to replace my Yoda), maybe to help me stop dropping so fast in SA with CLS.

I'm now eyeing up GAS, which means building up the sep droids under GG (I have him), and these droids seem like a recommended strong team.

But maybe should go for JKR or DR next --- I feel I am missing out here, and requirements are not too hard? Or build up a stronger team around Vader?

I'm also building up my BHs, Geos, and Traya-triumvirate, to give some depth to my roster.

I'm don't want the most efficient 'farming road map' route --- I'm palying and having fun making my own way with toons and teams I like, but of ocurse, I do want to be competitive too, so my apologies in advance if I don't take all the good advice offered here. But I do appreciate it, and hope to learn something.

Replies

• Options
    It sounds like you’re on a good trajectory for where you are in the game. Well done! I’d say that the major decision point now would come down to pursuing the Revans and then GAS, or pushing for a GL. Each path has advantages and disadvantages. Going for Revans and GAS would give you a deeper roster that allows you to do well in more game modes. Going for a GL would set you up to stay highly competitive in Arena and GAC, as well as help counter GLs in TWs. No really “right” decision; playing to what interest you and makes the game the most fun is the right approach, IMO. Btw - if you’re not doing so already, start buying 3 mod energy refreshes per day. I didn’t realize until later in the game than you are how extremely important mods are in the long run. Good luck, and have fun!
  • Options
    Building up a separatist droid team and a Geonosian team wouldn’t be a bad idea considering both teams are required for DS Geo TB. Also the Geonosians’ ships are incredibly powerful under Malevolence, for whenever you unlock that.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Scrum makes a good point. Your Rebel fleet is pretty much the strongest it can get. Eventually getting strong Negotiator and Malevolence fleets would put you in position to dominate ships in GAC when you move to Division 2 and need four fleets.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I do need to start doing the mod energy refresh. Mods for speed !!

I have paid attention to ships, so tried to work on toons that would work for me in both. That suggests the Geos (or some clones). What I didn't say originally is that I also want to help the Guild, so building Geos also helps here since we are trying to get Wat shards.

At my stage, a GL is a long slog (probably SLKR, if I had to pick right now), so I'll leave that for now. But I do have an eye on JKLS (I can unlock both Hoda and Wampa, and 7-star one), but overall requirements require many relic 3s. But first, probably, JKA, because that will help my Padme squad (GK and snips need some work), and develop the sep droids.

Short term: should I put a zeta on Barriss?
  • crzydroid
    7297 posts Moderator
    Options
    Where the game is now, I wouldn't put a zeta on Barriss. It doesn’t give as much as it used to before the power creep got to where it is. Zarriss can sometimes be a reasonable fifth for defense in GAC if you're splitting up teams, but I'd say that's if you'd invested in her before. Putting a zeta on now, if you're not sitting on hundreds of mats, is not really worth it even for that purpose. If you're at the point where you're still rounding out teams, I'd save it for future characters if you don't have any obvious choices now.
  • Options
    OK, thanks for the advice. I still need zetas for GGs - metaloid monstrosity, Vader's 3rd - no escape, GAS when I get him, and a bunch of others like Thrawn, Jango, JKS, Ahsoka, Rex, etc. So Barriss can wait.
  • Options
    Focus on one squad arena team and one fleet arena team at a time. It’s the quickest way to have one team at the power level you want before moving on to another