Anyone think this mando GC means a mando legendary?

Prev1
My thought process here is the faction is pretty much garbage currently, I’m thinking a Boca Tan legendary (not sure if that’s spelled right) that requires Mandos. Plus in addition to that being mandalorian content, it’s also a toon that could be required for a Master Kenobi GL. Any thoughts?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    I mean, Beskar is a Mando Legendary...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Nope, that's a Journey.
    And yeah, I think Bo-Katan legendary requiring Mandos is fairly obvious. Although I'm not sure about the Kenobi GL, more likely she will be needed for the next iteration of Mando.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Nope, that's a Journey.
    And yeah, I think Bo-Katan legendary requiring Mandos is fairly obvious. Although I'm not sure about the Kenobi GL, more likely she will be needed for the next iteration of Mando.

Oh, well, that's a good point. But I tend to lump those together.
  • Options
    I mean I think master Kenobi will come out. But Bo Katan may not be required. Either way it seems obvious she’ll be out in a week or two
  • Options
    My thought process here is the faction is pretty much garbage currently, I’m thinking a Boca Tan legendary (not sure if that’s spelled right) that requires Mandos. Plus in addition to that being mandalorian content, it’s also a toon that could be required for a Master Kenobi GL. Any thoughts?

Lots of factions are 'pretty much garbage'.
    Nobody's predicting a Phoenix GL or a Jawa GL or a Tusken GL just because they are currently not held in high esteem. I don't see why Mandalorians will be any different.
  • Options
    Because these are being used in multiple GCs now. Never been Jawas as a Gl faction or pheonix. I would love to see Pre Visla down the road
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »

Nobody's predicting a Phoenix GL or a Jawa GL or a Tusken GL just because they are currently not held in high esteem. I don't see why Mandalorians will be any different.

Because they are new. Tuskens and Jawas are a relic from the past, when stuff was designed more to flesh out lore without really thinking about its place in the game (or at least this is my theory, there was no official announcement in this regard).
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    Mandos needed for Legendary Satine Kryze who is necessary for GL Kenobi. Its a fun theory, but thats all it is.
  • Options
    Try GL version of mando
  • Options
    I'm still calling for a Fallen Ani GL from mustafar fight scene in Ep3, that upon engaging his ultimate he transforms into Vader
  • Options
    Meh you can get T6 crate using crappy mandos and Jango. Good enough for most people
  • Options
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    I'm still calling for a Fallen Ani GL from mustafar fight scene in Ep3, that upon engaging his ultimate he transforms into Vader

We have enough prequel content.
  • Options

We have enough prequel content.

Absolutely not. Still waiting for more clones, GL from that Era are a must. Some GR Jedi reworks if you consider that content. Prequel Era isn’t complete
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Because they are new. Tuskens and Jawas are a relic from the past, when stuff was designed more to flesh out lore without really thinking about its place in the game (or at least this is my theory, there was no official announcement in this regard).

Actually they had a place when mods were released, they had a similar system that we see now, with those factions being required. So there was thinking about where they fit in the game.

They were removed from that area to reduce the "forced" need to gear characters for a specific use. Almost as if they were trying to help players.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Actually they had a place when mods were released, they had a similar system that we see now, with those factions being required. So there was thinking about where they fit in the game.

They were removed from that area to reduce the "forced" need to gear characters for a specific use. Almost as if they were trying to help players.

Been there, done that. They (just Jawas, not Tuskens) were given a use long after they were introduced, so my point about them being a relic from the past still holds. Plus there are more characters from the beginning that don't seem to be made with an intended place, like all the useless Jedi. Not sure what are you trying to argue.
    Besides, the change in design philosophy is positive, now it seems that new additions are made to at least somewhat fit into the greater picture. You picked a rare occasion where I post about CG in positive light to try to paint CG as the good guys. And it wans't as much helping as removing an obstacle they deliberately placed, all done after a lot of players geared Jawas for that specific purpose. Not that the gear investment would look all that significant from today's perspective.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Been there, done that. They (just Jawas, not Tuskens) were given a use long after they were introduced, so my point about them being a relic from the past still holds. Plus there are more characters from the beginning that don't seem to be made with an intended place, like all the useless Jedi. Not sure what are you trying to argue.
    Besides, the change in design philosophy is positive, now it seems that new additions are made to at least somewhat fit into the greater picture. You picked a rare occasion where I post about CG in positive light to try to paint CG as the good guys. And it wans't as much helping as removing an obstacle they deliberately placed, all done after a lot of players geared Jawas for that specific purpose. Not that the gear investment would look all that significant from today's perspective.

you said they had not thought of where they would be in game. I was pointing out that they did. I'm not trying to argue anything.

yes they were put into the game for the purposes of filling the scenes. they were given places and even have some decent uses (speaking of Jawa).

I am not painting anyone as anything, just pointing out that things are done with a consideration that is sometimes forgotten.

if you think that wasn't helpful to new players, then i'm not sure what game you are playing. that was a big move for new players when it happened. Mods are a huge part of the game that had a weird gate on them.
  • Options
    What's also important to note is that a GL also needs a direct faction counter/enemy. What would be the opposing faction for Bounty Hunter? How about Mandalorian? Empire probably makes the most sense. So, then who would that be in the Empire?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

you said they had not thought of where they would be in game. I was pointing out that they did. I'm not trying to argue anything.

yes they were put into the game for the purposes of filling the scenes. they were given places and even have some decent uses (speaking of Jawa).

I am not painting anyone as anything, just pointing out that things are done with a consideration that is sometimes forgotten.

if you think that wasn't helpful to new players, then i'm not sure what game you are playing. that was a big move for new players when it happened. Mods are a huge part of the game that had a weird gate on them.

Well, my point is that at the beginning, characters were added to fill the scenes, as you say, whereas now, it seems more consideration is given to their placement within the game, which is a good thing. Thus, the assumption that more is coming for the Mandalorian faction is reasonable and the comparison to Jawas or Tuskens is wrong. The fact that some uses were added later (or brought by accident in case of the Geos counter) is completely irrelevant and misses the point. It's not "what could we do with this unused faction" but "where will this new faction fit in the bigger picture".
    And they added a weird gate, then decided it's too much and removed it. I guess it could be considered helpful from a certain point of view...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Well, my point is that at the beginning, characters were added to fill the scenes, as you say, whereas now, it seems more consideration is given to their placement within the game, which is a good thing. Thus, the assumption that more is coming for the Mandalorian faction is reasonable and the comparison to Jawas or Tuskens is wrong. The fact that some uses were added later (or brought by accident in case of the Geos counter) is completely irrelevant and misses the point. It's not "what could we do with this unused faction" but "where will this new faction fit in the bigger picture".
    And they added a weird gate, then decided it's too much and removed it. I guess it could be considered helpful from a certain point of view...

I agree, but GLs are also meant to unite or round out a faction, so while I agree Tuskans and Jawa are unlikely, we may see something down the road.

Yes we seem to be follow the Mando road, but that could have many branches, we could even see them dive into the history of Mandalore vs just following the show. A connection that could bring about GL GK and Maul. so while the general direction may seem "clear" there are still many oppertunites.

everything is introduced by them, so no not a certain point of view, it was helpful for anyone who didn't have them all opened up to max and anyone who started after that point, no matter how you look at it.
  • Banr_05
    51 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

What would a Tusken or Jawa GL even look like?
  • Options
    There’s this one Tusken Jedi that’s super powerful, I think it’s Darth Crayt (he turns evil) not sure. Somebody back up my lore
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I agree, but GLs are also meant to unite or round out a faction, so while I agree Tuskans and Jawa are unlikely, we may see something down the road.

Yes we seem to be follow the Mando road, but that could have many branches, we could even see them dive into the history of Mandalore vs just following the show. A connection that could bring about GL GK and Maul. so while the general direction may seem "clear" there are still many oppertunites.

everything is introduced by them, so no not a certain point of view, it was helpful for anyone who didn't have them all opened up to max and anyone who started after that point, no matter how you look at it.

Sure, there could be multiple ways they could take it, be it Bo-Katan, Satine, or even throw us a curveball with someone like Mandalore the Ultimate (how cool would that be?). Point is, the Mandalorian faction is all set for a legendary and it's ulikely it will be left as it is now. And whoever comes will probably provide a strong lead, the Armorer is fine but nothing spectacular.
    Not sure why you suddenly talk about GLs. Is it just because of the confusing names (GL/Legendary)? Speculation? Inside knowledge seeping through?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Banr_05 wrote: »

Jawa GL would be 1" taller.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Banr_05 wrote: »

Jawa GL would be 1" taller.

Bigger Jawa
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Yeah I’d love Pre Visla as a legendary, he could be really cool
  • Options
    Wait.... Maybe Maul as a mandalorian GL, it’s a little out there but it kinda makes sense
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wait.... Maybe Maul as a mandalorian GL, it’s a little out there but it kinda makes sense

not necessarily as a Mandalorian, but as syndicate or other scoundrel type. it would be fitting that they could work him into the timeline, as he/his actions was a big part of their history.
  • Options

Why would his ultimate form be his defeated form??? Makes no sense dude, they also will have something more creative then a copy of Luke’s or palpatines ultimate ..
  • Options
    I think Anakin and Kenobi will be GLs, it’s up to CG to figure out how. Either way, I’m really hoping for some more mandalorians from all eras of the SW Universe.
  • Options

Anakin is either Anakin Skywalker or he's Lord Vader. There's no 'fallen' version of him. Anakin at teh height of his powers is Gen Skywalker. If his ult 'transformed' him into Mustafar Vader he'd be the most disappointing GL ever :joy: he'd have no limbs and just scream "I HATE YOU" at his enemies. :joy: