Advice on how to mod Droideka

I am getting ready to focus on leveling up my Droideka and wanted advice on the best type of Mods sets and primary’s to put on it.

Thanks!

Replies

• Mine is modded for pure offense and its working nice, but I don`t know if thats the best way
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I run mine real slow (I think he has a total of 15 added speed from mods) and just focused purely on offense. I know some people give him more speed, but I have no idea which is "better." Mine seems to work pretty well.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I run the same. Super high offense with low speed. Offense arrow, triangle and cross. Health pair to round out the 4 offense mods.
  • Lots of people have misconceptions about how DDK's damage works. Lots say," don't put cc on him cause he can't crit." Not only does his basic crit but his crits can crit big. A 222% cd set with as high offense as possible and a total of 150 to 170 speed can be quite mean. For the GAS mission to use DDK to go before all else the # was 206 speed. That allows it to get CC immunity and 40% assist all seps or whatever it is. Mine is modded low speed high offense but I really don't think that is optimal, and far less plug'n'play for other stuff.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    The normal damage from his basic can crit. It's the speed-differential part that can't. So if you're going for decent speed then consider CD triangle and increasing Crit Chance. If you're building for as slow as possible, then you're maximizing the speed-differential damage, which leans towards high offense.

The bonus damage is equal to 100% of physical damage + an additional 1% more for each unit of speed differential.
  • Ok that is how I have my mods for the most part I was just curious since there is a damage bonus for low speed but then also a +50% speed bonus if you didn’t want it to use damage immunity
  • Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I personally have mine modded for speed and will be bringing him to relic levels (eventually) primarily for the speed boost.

If you can get him to 200+ speed, with his unique he will have an opening speed of 300+, which should be fast enough to frequently go first and get his damage immunity up.

While a slower DDK has higher bonus damage, the decreased frequency of moves (slow DDK VS. fast DDK) means less total damage output as the battle progresses.

Fast DDK with damage immunity is a total nightmare to deal with in 3v3, and also slots really nice into a Geo team to effectively stop weaker Traya counters
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    I personally have mine modded for speed and will be bringing him to relic levels (eventually) primarily for the speed boost.

If you can get him to 200+ speed, with his unique he will have an opening speed of 300+, which should be fast enough to frequently go first and get his damage immunity up.

While a slower DDK has higher bonus damage, the decreased frequency of moves (slow DDK VS. fast DDK) means less total damage output as the battle progresses.

Fast DDK with damage immunity is a total nightmare to deal with in 3v3, and also slots really nice into a Geo team to effectively stop weaker Traya counters

1st and 3rd paragraph are wrong... If someone takes ddk to g13 and relic levels it's for the damage, not the speed.

Also, a fast ddk will not have a lot of damage output cause he will not have enough offense and won't be able to build up a lot of stacks. A slow ddk if moded correctly has tons of offense and is able to build up a lot more stacks meaning additional hits with a lot of damage. So your statement there is at least flawed if not entirely out of place..
  • Thanks for the good ideas
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

1st and 3rd paragraph are wrong... If someone takes ddk to g13 and relic levels it's for the damage, not the speed.

Also, a fast ddk will not have a lot of damage output cause he will not have enough offense and won't be able to build up a lot of stacks. A slow ddk if moded correctly has tons of offense and is able to build up a lot more stacks meaning additional hits with a lot of damage. So your statement there is at least flawed if not entirely out of place..

LOL, you are very right about charge. Who doesn't look at 9+ stacks of charge as a potential death sentence for 1 of your characters? In LS Geo I am always watching those pesky charge stacks.
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

LOL, you are very right about charge. Who doesn't look at 9+ stacks of charge as a potential death sentence for 1 of your characters? In LS Geo I am always watching those pesky charge stacks.

Who doesn’t come at DDK with a plan to focus-fire him from the start to completely prevent this?

Fast DDK. Speed set, speed secondaries, offense primaries. Play around and find out.