Mandos mandatory for GC now?

Prev134
Does that mean if you don't have decent mando characters moving forward you can kiss bye bye to the red crate?

dffd5cehvp2q.png

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Antario wrote: »
    Does that mean if you don't have decent mando characters moving forward you can kiss bye bye to the red crate?

That applies to all player factions, not just mandos
  • Ravenlock
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    True but half of the next GC tied to one faction? So much for variety.
    Also the newest faction with the worst synergy but whatever.
  • Yep, sucks more than them sucker fish that suck the green slime off a fishtank glass
  • This is the way
  • Don’t worry in March they release a 3rd Mando in a new event and March GC will require him
  • Character collecting game. Collect them all and get them all to 7*.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Character collecting game. Collect them all and get them all to 7*.

I have all my mando’s (aside from Armourer) at 7*. That doesn’t get me the red crate ;)
  • Ultra wrote: »

Yeah but mandos are on par with tuskens right now as far as synergy goes
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I get that. But my point is practically all GCs have mando related feats now. Or are they going to remove the Beskar Mando feat from the others? I don't think so.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Lol at anyone surprised by this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravenlock wrote: »
    True but half of the next GC tied to one faction? So much for variety.
    Also the newest faction with the worst synergy but whatever.

They will probably be doing this moving forward with any new toon/faction. At least with the faction we have transparency. Hopefully they will do that with new toons required as well in the future. We get double the rewards now though since they are twice a week. So just do your best every time, or whale if you want red crate every time! The way this game keeps going is stuff like this. Other mobile games push this type of stuff a lot harder, so I’m happy this is on lesser events in the game. But hey, it’s more stuff to work on! At least we have a few older Mando toons to use (Jango, Sabine, GS and ISC).
  • Samurai54351
    157 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Hey, they are better than Tuskens! At least they get 200% protection! 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TVF wrote: »

Just want to say, your comments are usually the reason I still read these posts! Always good for a laugh or two! 👏🏼
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

I’ll trade that for someone named Urorrurror!, hahaha
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

I’ll trade that for someone named Urorrurror!, hahaha

That is the best named toon in the game 🤣
  • TVF wrote: »

Honestly, I wasn't surprised by the BAM feats every other GC. I am a little surprised that instead of rotating factions, they have the same faction every other GC. It's almost like they are intentionally trying to make the game mode less interesting and more repetitive.

I mean I realize that the game is Star Wars: Grinding of Heroes, but this seems an odd choice....even for CG.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • GC was a fun game mode in the beginning. But it's going downhill. What a pity to see what it's becoming.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    GC was a fun game mode in the beginning. But it's going downhill. What a pity to see what it's becoming.

Yeah, it turned from a varying mode utilizing different parts of your roster into a way to monetize new releases. In hindsight, yeah, should have seen it coming.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Honestly, I wasn't surprised by the BAM feats every other GC. I am a little surprised that instead of rotating factions, they have the same faction every other GC. It's almost like they are intentionally trying to make the game mode less interesting and more repetitive.

I mean I realize that the game is Star Wars: Grinding of Heroes, but this seems an odd choice....even for CG.

What happened to Galaxy of Hoarding?

Tough decision whether to put some resources into getting Beskar Mando to ensure maximum GC rewards or just hoard and ignore

Tough decision whether to put some resources into getting Beskar Mando to ensure maximum GC rewards or just hoard and ignore

I'm going for hoard and ignore myself
  • 2 scenarios imo:

1) "faction of the month": The same faction 4 times in GC and feats for this faction in GAC
    2) Mandalorian become the "GC Faction" and will appear 4 times each month. It gives them a purpose.

I like both, as long as we know about it; it means you'll have strategic choices to make.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    2 scenarios imo:

1) "faction of the month": The same faction 4 times in GC and feats for this faction in GAC
    2) Mandalorian become the "GC Faction" and will appear 4 times each month. It gives them a purpose.

I like both, as long as we know about it; it means you'll have strategic choices to make.

Those look both fine, either you gear up a faction to ensure nice rewards for the future or you get to balance investment vs. return for different faction each month. I'm afraid, though, that a third option will turn out to be true: whatever character or faction is new (and thus available mostly to payers) that month.
  • Imo this month the way this is unfolding is mostly revealed. It's not bam or mandos, it's the latest thing or overall faction that involves the latest thing.

This progression gets rid of the problem bam feat introduced. Last month we needed already well developed faction which was interrupted by a completely unthematical need (bam) in extra. If their thinking is how I read it, I have no objection to the current state of affairs (whether I'm on the losing side or not).
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Imo this month the way this is unfolding is mostly revealed. It's not bam or mandos, it's the latest thing or overall faction that involves the latest thing.

This progression gets rid of the problem bam feat introduced. Last month we needed already well developed faction which was interrupted by a completely unthematical need (bam) in extra. If their thinking is how I read it, I have no objection to the current state of affairs (whether I'm on the losing side or not).

That might well be the case. However, the criticism I want to make is, it takes away game-play diversity. We are more or less "forced" to constantly chase after the latest toys CG is dumping on us (not only for whalers but also F2P, because GC is all about mods, which is one of few areas where F2P can shine with time invested). That overall would be less painful, if the latest toys are really viable and improve your overall gameplay, which sadly is not the case at the moment with the mando faction. I can do well in TB, TW, GAC and Arena without any of them.

Don't take me wrong. I like new content, be it new toons or new game modes. But I don't like how it currently seems to be: mando or nothing else.
  • Antario wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Imo this month the way this is unfolding is mostly revealed. It's not bam or mandos, it's the latest thing or overall faction that involves the latest thing.

That might well be the case. However, the criticism I want to make is, it takes away game-play diversity. We are more or less "forced" to constantly chase after the latest toys CG is dumping on us (not only for whalers but also F2P, because GC is all about mods, which is one of few areas where F2P can shine with time invested). That overall would be less painful, if the latest toys are really viable and improve your overall gameplay, which sadly is not the case at the moment with the mando faction. I can do well in TB, TW, GAC and Arena without any of them.

Don't take me wrong. I like new content, be it new toons or new game modes. But I don't like how it currently seems to be: mando or nothing else.

I agree, the mando heaviness right now is temporary and circumstantial. Last months manner of things was much worse though, you get a gc where it's about a faction you are heavily invested yet the faction is still not good enough regardless if you have all in r7. GCs in any state since now have been underwhelming for me, so I've yet to care about the mode except the restriction it put on my roster growth.

I also think making gcs about new mods made disrupted the previous investment to some degree, waiting to see where else they will introduce the mats to focus invest there.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »

I have all my mando’s (aside from Armourer) at 7*. That doesn’t get me the red crate ;)

Same, but my 3* Armorer did get me the red crate.
  • This is ridiculous.

My point wasn't about the rewards - hence the comment about understanding and being okay with the BAM feats. It was actually about the game play and enjoyment of the game mode.

Making Mandalorians (especially when there is only a handful) the "featured" faction in 4 of the 8 GCs this month seems unnecessarily repetitive. Even if you have Mandalorians at the levels needed to succeed, it's just monotony when faction variety would have worked and been more fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*