R2-D2: Relevant2-U2?

JortenNewlan
3 posts Member
edited February 2021
Hey everyone!

For context, I recently started another discussion regarding options for a Padmé L team w/o many viable Galactic Republic toons. Since then I've unlocked JKR and put GMY with him in my Jedi team and now I nearly have GK unlocked to put on Padmé's team along with JKA and Ahsoka. I received a few suggestions regarding the 5th spot of Padmé's team, all of which are Jedi. Though I'm not opposed to a Jedi in that 5th spot (in fact, I tentatively planned on it), I ponder the viability of R2-D2.

I've heard 3P0+Chewie does better than R2 on a CLS L Team. If that's the case I wouldn't use R2 there, so where could I use him if Jedi such as Barriss, Secura, or Shaak Ti could outperform him on a Padmé L Team?

Any clarification, advice, or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    He's still got JTR teams. Bonus stats, cleanse on crit keeps the specials rolling, counts as a droid so gets that initial bb8 tm boost, his aoe is multiple hits means multiple crits means more tm train.
    If you're in LSTB, having R2 might be crucial, because Jedi may be pulled away for other combats, and C3po for Rebels. Leaving R2 to fill that final spot.
  • R2-D2 is the reason my padme team (one of very few) remains top 100 in a shard full of malaks, gas, and gl. Big fan of having him on my padme team.
  • The comparison of Chewpio being better in a CLS team is an understatement.

The current GC is the best proving ground.

With all that said, a fast, offensive, potent R2 deals out a lot of total damage.