Price of packs and crystals increase

Anyone outside the US seeing an increase in the price of the packs?

In my end everything went up from a range of 1.5 dollars (the less expensive packs) to 30 dollars approximately (the most expensive packs)

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I believe it's Google or Apple that set the exchange price for individual countries. Also, depending on where it is, there could be additional taxes etc.

Edit: unless you mean a price increase over what you were paying previously. In which case I can't see a difference (UK).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I believe it's Google or Apple that set the exchange price for individual countries. Also, depending on where it is, there could be additional taxes etc.

Edit: unless you mean a price increase over what you were paying previously. In which case I can't see a difference (UK).

This.

CG sets one price in USD, anything after that is Google/Apple changes for the above reasons.
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Got it, I'm surprised because this is the first time in the game's existence that I see an increase in prices.

Gotta investigate what made Google do it.
    Post edited by Blake085 on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Got it, I'm surprised because this is the first time in the game's existence that I see an increase in prices.

Gotta inventes what made Google do it.

From my understanding, the biggest changes come from exchange rates which are adjusted (I believe) a few times a year, based on some 'rolling averaging' of exchange rate, commonly used for internet purchases like this.

It has been a while since I looked into it.
  • Kyno wrote: »

From my understanding, the biggest changes come from exchange rates which are adjusted (I believe) a few times a year, based on some 'rolling averaging' of exchange rate, commonly used for internet purchases like this.

I don't know about that, the price on the -let's say as an example, the Crystal Vault- has been constant with the current exchange rate where I live, meaning that I pay the 99 dollars it costs at the current exchange rate and that has been always the case, doesn't matter what exchange rate is used, I ended up paying the 99 bucks.

Now, if I go to the store and buy that same item, I would be paying 125 bucks, that's not an exchange rate adjustment, that's an increase in prices.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I don't know about that, the price on the -let's say as an example, the Crystal Vault- has been constant with the current exchange rate where I live, meaning that I pay the 99 dollars it costs at the current exchange rate and that has been always the case, doesn't matter what exchange rate is used, I ended up paying the 99 bucks.

Now, if I go to the store and buy that same item, I would be paying 125 bucks, that's not an exchange rate adjustment, that's an increase in prices.

But it's not, the price is the same in USD.

Also, I was saying biggest is usually exchange rate, it's not the only thing adjusted for by your stores provider. So in this case you would need to dig deeper.

Also, I was saying biggest is usually exchange rate, it's not the only thing adjusted for by your stores provider. So in this case you would need to dig deeper.

Yes, it is, you're not reading carefully or you don't understand how exchange rate works, maybe EA/CG are getting their 99 bucks and Google is getting the extra 26.

I do agree that is something else (even applying taxes doesn't justify the price increase).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes, it is, you're not reading carefully or you don't understand how exchange rate works, maybe EA/CG are getting their 99 bucks and Google is getting the extra 26.

I do agree that is something else (even applying taxes doesn't justify the price increase).

I'm not saying the price didnt change on your end, I was saying it's not, because CG didnt change the price. That would be a price change, as far as I know Google/Apple doesnt just add to a cost, just to "make a little extra", but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to be clear it's not a change in the price on the product as far as the game is concerned, as those prices are still the same.

I'm not saying the price didnt change on your end, I was saying it's not, because CG didnt change the price. That would be a price change, as far as I know Google/Apple doesnt just add to a cost, just to "make a little extra", but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to be clear it's not a change in the price on the product as far as the game is concerned, as those prices are still the same.

Got it and I never said or blamed EA/CG for a stealth increase of prices.

Just wondering what could be it, because the exchange rate of today is the same as of yesterday, just that today I'm paying 26 extra bucks ;)
  • LeeB
    56 posts Member

This.

CG sets one price in USD, anything after that is Google/Apple changes for the above reasons.

Exchange rates are not adjusted, U.K. pay 100£ for what really is a 71£ pack in the USA, 33% increase, it’s shocking
  • LeeB wrote: »

This.

Exchange rates are not adjusted, U.K. pay 100£ for what really is a 71£ pack in the USA, 33% increase, it’s shocking

Woah, that's even worse than in my case.
  • Now the in-game store doesn't show the prices hahaha

Pretty sure something went bonkers
  • You may also want to check with your provider for their practices on exchange rates as well.

If you go out of the country and make a purchase on your credit card banks can charge your for whatever the current exchange rate is, plus a 'fee' for handling the exchange. They claim it's to cover the costs of making the exchange, which, when digital (which it's been with cc's for decades now) is just **** to take money from you.