Galactic Challenges - Frostbite removing skill not working

Hi everyone,

I was attempting the new Galactic challenge but it seems that the event skill that is used to remove frostbite stacks is not working. You can use the skill however it does not remove any Frostbite stacks.

I have 2 accounts and I have the same problem with both.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Thank you!

Replies

• Neat. Thought it was just me. Finally no mandolorian feats, and its broken
  • I just saw a video from ThatsnoMoon on Youtube and he also reported the same bug!

This is extremely frustrating since to complete higher tiers it is impossible to do it without removing frostbite. At least at my GP level...
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

So it is a confirmed bug. I hope they consider the feat done for everyone since I do not see them correcting this bug during the event duration...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I just saw a video from ThatsnoMoon on Youtube and he also reported the same bug!

This is extremely frustrating since to complete higher tiers it is impossible to do it without removing frostbite. At least at my GP level...

Not sure what your GP level is, but CLS team with ChewPO just rolls over it before frostbite starts being an issue.
  • I just saw a video from ThatsnoMoon on Youtube and he also reported the same bug!

Same boat here! Pretty sure I could do T6 battle completion (and get the T5 crate) with my JKR team, if my GMY didn't constantly die from frostbite.

• KorAgaz wrote: »
    I just saw a video from ThatsnoMoon on Youtube and he also reported the same bug!

Same boat here! Pretty sure I could do T6 battle completion (and get the T5 crate) with my JKR team, if my GMY didn't constantly die from frostbite.

Exactly mate! I am sure I can get T6 crate rewards with my current roster but in order to accomplish it, I would need the skill to be working properly!
  • In this week's episode of "Did they even test this?":

Two threads on bugs in the most recent GC (this and the IG-11 isn't counting as a droid).
  • I used this team to beat tier 7. The rebels for most of the feats and I replaced Chewbacca with BB8 to do the feat that requires 3 droids. Truth be told, BB8 didn't do much at all.

bxi4vgdy6flk.png
  • I used this team to beat tier 7. The rebels for most of the feats and I replaced Chewbacca with BB8 to do the feat that requires 3 droids. Truth be told, BB8 didn't do much at all.

bxi4vgdy6flk.png

I used R2 instead of BB8, which in no offense sounds way more practical
  • Blubcop wrote: »
    I used R2 instead of BB8, which in no offense sounds way more practical
    You are not wrong, but in my particular case, my R2 is G12.5 and my BB8 is R5 so....

You know what? I will go and try that battle again with R2 just for fun.....
    and just won with my G12.5 R2-D2.

9wqcowwj7tez.png
  • Nauros wrote: »

Not sure what your GP level is, but CLS team with ChewPO just rolls over it before frostbite starts being an issue.

You need C3PO for CLS to properly work and for the droid feat you need threepio and chewie, and not everyone has them.
  • LordHel
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    a7osr8dac132.png

I made the red box with these rebels. Only CLS Lead Zeta.

I think it does not matter what combo you take with your relic rebels. :D
  • That last pic is encouraging. I'm in a much better place than you with my Rebs, but my 3PAC is still g8 and only 3PO and CLS are relic'd (Han & R2 at g12+3/5 respectively)
  • That last pic is encouraging. I'm in a much better place than you with my Rebs, but my 3PAC is still g8 and only 3PO and CLS are relic'd (Han & R2 at g12+3/5 respectively)

Chewpio doesn't have to be high gear. If he has his zeta that helps but he has an omega unique that makes him much stronger especially with relic CLSk474m3akltsj.png

also makes the rest of your rebels better too.
  • In this week's episode of "Did they even test this?":

Two threads on bugs in the most recent GC (this and the IG-11 isn't counting as a droid).

Let's see how they decide to address the issue this time!

It's already bad that they lock the best rewards behind recent characters that only a small percentage of the community has like Beskar Mando before and the Mandolarians now.
    Then one of the Galactic challenges that is supposed to be accessible for more players we get these bugs...

That's a lot of resources being denied from the majority of the player base if you think about it!
  • There was an event special ability?! Who knew. Worry not, there is absolutely no need to use the event special for any of the feats.

Rolo has her day here, put her in the lead with Han, Chewie, R2, and Cara - you'll get the Rebel feat and the 8 turns in row. Cara loves fighting Imperials and her mass Stun just cripples them. she won't shouldn't need very high gear.
  • I did it with G11 rebels (CLS, han, chewie, 3PO, R2) and the droid feat (only T6) with CLS, han, 3PO, R2 and chopper. I managed to get the red crate with it
  • My alt did this (lost Han on last turn because of frostbite when only stormtrooper and summon trooper were alive still). Chewpio has no omegas, 3PO only has zeta on special, r2 has no zetas. CLS has all 3 and Han has his. oh and my mods are terrible in my alt XD i4zzzzaxbtmd.png
    7gulizholbva.png

• Sanderzas:

No 3PAC? 3PAC is excellent in this event - and generally very good to excellent in any CLS squad.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    lol I have the same problem and then some. Vader has 10 stacks of frost bite and he isn’t dead. They fixed the problem by creating another. I mean I’m happy Vader isn’t dead but just wanted to point this out. odoy7aa29jor.png

Edit: Vader died next turn he took FYI so that could mean that this is WAI?
  • Isnt the player supposed to gain a snowtrooper also during this?
  • Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Isnt the player supposed to gain a snowtrooper also during this?

No it’s the enemy that does since they’re empire.
  • Managed to do t6 with JKR G12 / Bast G12 / GK R3 / GMY R3 / Jolee G12, after a lot of attempts. Marked/killed Piett first, then Operative, Starck, Snow, Veers and left Stormtrooper last to get the 8 turns feat.

You can work around the frostbite bug if:

(a) The enemy does not focus on your Jolee and kills him
    (b) You time properly his rezzes. I always waited 1-2 turns for JKR to die from frostbite after GMY and get them both up and running. Slow Jolee helps.
    (c) Savior is triggered on the right toon (either JKR/GMY worked for me)

In other words, you gotta have good RNG to overcome the bug.

T7 seems impossible with that team, Piett's protection won't even budge from my attacks.
  • I managed to get all the feats done (except 3 LS droids) on the final tier, tier 7, with my rebel squad.
    R3 CLS, Chewbacca and C-3PO. And G12 R2-D2 and Han Solo.
  • 8ti3l68r4ia7.jpg
    flsnl6zbzx7s.jpg

Replaced Chewie with G12.5 BB8 for the Droid-Feat...no 3PAC needed, never got close to die from Frostbite.
  • KorAgaz
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Naver666 wrote: »
    8ti3l68r4ia7.jpg
    flsnl6zbzx7s.jpg

Replaced Chewie with G12.5 BB8 for the Droid-Feat...no 3PAC needed, never got close to die from Frostbite.

Thanks for this post! Seeing you did it with mostly G12s and no chewpio made me dig my heel in and get the t6 crate! Managed to do T5 (Rebels & Droids feat) with CLS/Han/R2 G12 (all Z), Chewie G8 5* (no Z) and either Biggs G11 (for the Rebels feat) or zzBB8 G12 (for the Droids feat). Of course it took about 3.5 hours (!!) of tries to get the right RNG.

If the frostbite thingie worked, it'd be much easier.
  • Managed it with this. Wasn't too hard. Stun Piett, CLS special on Piett to apply tenacity down and then go to town with TM control. CLS has 2 zetas (lead and IBAT). Han has zeta.
    7gl4bv69cs39.jpg
  • r8lm6d525vcj.jpg

jzk51gk2xtqa.jpg

Stun and kill piet first, use Han's 2nd turn though to stun veers to keep him under control. Kill him next so his passive isn't boosting the other imps. After that starck and the rest are pretty simple.

For fun I did this team to get the 3 LS droids XD

afu8hqpe66ew.jpg

• r8lm6d525vcj.jpg

jzk51gk2xtqa.jpg

Stun and kill piet first, use Han's 2nd turn though to stun veers to keep him under control. Kill him next so his passive isn't boosting the other imps. After that starck and the rest are pretty simple.

For fun I did this team to get the 3 LS droids XD

afu8hqpe66ew.jpg

I did something similar. Everything but Malak died and he just kept smacking them until it was over. lol

Skelturix's video shows good options for beating this event, which is a plus.