Sith or Jedi in SWGOH

Which do you guys prefer? Full rosters, Jedi or Sith

Replies

• I'd say Jedi are in a better place. JML is the arena meta and us supported by some other powerhouse Jedi; GAS, JKL and JKR. Sith are lacking a bit and while SEE can beat everything, his leadership is meh and overall synergy with Sith isn't great.
  • Or do both because they’re both needed. Jedi feel more powerful though.
  • Jedi are a lot stronger than Sith, partly because they have newer characters like JKL and GAS but mainly because they all work well with eachother and makes eachother stronger than the sum of their parts. Sith on the other hand are extremely fractured. You cant really mix Sith Empire sith Triumverate, which are the 2 strongest groups of sith, and Drevan doesnt act as a universal leader like JKR does. While I prefer sith, that comes solely down to aesthetics and lore and not gameplay.
  • Jedi are a lot stronger than Sith, partly because they have newer characters like JKL and GAS but mainly because they all work well with eachother and makes eachother stronger than the sum of their parts. Sith on the other hand are extremely fractured. You cant really mix Sith Empire sith Triumverate, which are the 2 strongest groups of sith, and Drevan doesnt act as a universal leader like JKR does. While I prefer sith, that comes solely down to aesthetics and lore and not gameplay.

At least something which coresponds with SW Galaxy. Jedi were always great in cooperation, in the other side sith were always "solo" or rule of two players not realy cooperating with each other. So logically Jedi should be stronger in synergy
  • Jedi sure did work well going from 10,000+ before the Clone Wars to a handful in just a few years. B)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Jedi are stronger in most areas. But DR beats JKR easily.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I favor Sith more myself and haven't really enjoyed any LS teams. DS brings more fun to the table so the roster reflects that. cmbg2fqgpdom.jpg
    a6roqg0g53sd.jpg
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I'd say Jedi are in a better place. JML is the arena meta and us supported by some other powerhouse Jedi; GAS, JKL and JKR. Sith are lacking a bit and while SEE can beat everything, his leadership is meh and overall synergy with Sith isn't great.

JML / GAS / JKR / JKL vs SEE / Vader / Darth Revan / BSF

People really love attackers because they demolish teams, but BSF, Traya, Malak are pretty great toons too

Jedi also have strong support toons (BSF, Jolee, GMY etc)

Both sides have good toons imo
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'd say Jedi are in a better place. JML is the arena meta and us supported by some other powerhouse Jedi; GAS, JKL and JKR. Sith are lacking a bit and while SEE can beat everything, his leadership is meh and overall synergy with Sith isn't great.

People really love attackers because they demolish teams, but BSF, Traya, Malak are pretty great toons too

Think the problem with Malak is that GLs are the meta defining characters these days, which means every meta toon will be immune to fear and % health dmg. Rey pretty much renders him useless with her 300k nuke as well. Meanwhile GAS %health eduction and cooldown increase remains as usefull as ever. Vader has the offensive capabilities to compete with GAS and JKL but lack their survivability to make him comparable on defense.
    Think worth remembering is that Jedi makes eachother stronger as well, meaning while Sith might have characters comparable in strenght to those of the jedi, when you actually group them up Jedi will be stronger than the sum of their parts whereas sith wont. Take Hyodas Masters training or JKLs Jedis will for example, which can turn already powerfull attackers like GAS into a one man demolition crew, or characters like JML who has decent dmg into a weapon of mass destruction. Meanwhile sith are pretty much designed not to work with eachother, like Revan only buffing sith empire while also revolving around self inflicting debuffs, which Traya will turn into self dmg, or fear which is the trademark of the Sith Empire harming SEEs ult and mastery gain.
  • LS 4 lyfe!
  • At the moment, Jedis are, by far the strongest. I don’t know if it’s possible to beat a jedi all-star team with slkr or Palpatine. Seems unlikely, the top 50 in my shard is entirely blue under rank 30 then we can find some sith and 1st order GL teams. The match-ups against Jedis are just completely one-sided, it’s really hard to put a dent in their health bar. Sure SLKR is a great toon on its own but it lacks support and any match quickly ends up in 1 vs 5.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    At the moment, Jedis are, by far the strongest. I don’t know if it’s possible to beat a jedi all-star team with slkr or Palpatine. Seems unlikely, the top 50 in my shard is entirely blue under rank 30 then we can find some sith and 1st order GL teams. The match-ups against Jedis are just completely one-sided, it’s really hard to put a dent in their health bar. Sure SLKR is a great toon on its own but it lacks support and any match quickly ends up in 1 vs 5.

SEE beats all the Jedi lineups iirc
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Can't use Sith in LSTB.

Need less powerful stuff in DSTB.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    RTS wrote: »
    Globuhl wrote: »
    At the moment, Jedis are, by far the strongest. I don’t know if it’s possible to beat a jedi all-star team with slkr or Palpatine. Seems unlikely, the top 50 in my shard is entirely blue under rank 30 then we can find some sith and 1st order GL teams. The match-ups against Jedis are just completely one-sided, it’s really hard to put a dent in their health bar. Sure SLKR is a great toon on its own but it lacks support and any match quickly ends up in 1 vs 5.

SEE beats all the Jedi lineups iirc

This is correct. I do think Jedi are in a better place overall but SEE is about as hard a counter as we have ever seen. Most if not all of SEE's squad will die but SEE's ultimate and then shock just melts jedi. Guaranteed win.

Edit* this is SEE on offence. Jedi might wreck SEE when they are attacking.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Think the problem with Malak is that GLs are the meta defining characters these days, which means every meta toon will be immune to fear and % health dmg. Rey pretty much renders him useless with her 300k nuke as well. Meanwhile GAS %health eduction and cooldown increase remains as usefull as ever. Vader has the offensive capabilities to compete with GAS and JKL but lack their survivability to make him comparable on defense.
    Think worth remembering is that Jedi makes eachother stronger as well, meaning while Sith might have characters comparable in strenght to those of the jedi, when you actually group them up Jedi will be stronger than the sum of their parts whereas sith wont. Take Hyodas Masters training or JKLs Jedis will for example, which can turn already powerfull attackers like GAS into a one man demolition crew, or characters like JML who has decent dmg into a weapon of mass destruction. Meanwhile sith are pretty much designed not to work with eachother, like Revan only buffing sith empire while also revolving around self inflicting debuffs, which Traya will turn into self dmg, or fear which is the trademark of the Sith Empire harming SEEs ult and mastery gain.

Great points