Yet another returning player seeking direction

So I've returned to SWGOH again, for the 3rd or 4th time, and started from scratch again because I never remember my login info lol. No worries though.

Anyway I've pushed farther than ever, currently lvl 72, F2P. I've focused on First Order, and I think I've done a fairly good job staying the course.

5wy3z4navc2p.png

Obviously my progress has slowed greatly as I push my chosen characters higher. I know I still have quite a ways to go, and I want to make sure I am currently on the right path. What I would imagine is my main weakness right now is my Light Side. I have no coherent Light squad, and I'm beginning to run into gear that can only be reliably farmed from light side battles. At the moment I've pushed Dark Side, Fleet Battles, Cantina Battles, and Mod Battles/Challenges as far as I can. There are gains to be had, but they are extremely incremental and I'm starting to feel as though bailing on FO in favor of building up a Light squad might be what I need to do right now.

But I have no idea.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. I'm currently searching for a guild that is the right fit for me (posted in Players seeking Guild section), but aside from that I'm not sure what to do. If more info is required please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• Stick to a plan and see it through. i know you are f2p but the hyperdrive bundle is one of the few this I always suggest to people. It is so helpful and worth the investment.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • hey DunkMujunk, welcome back to the game :)

i always say farm a team you personally enjoy playing with / have fun using, or one that helps you be competitive or earn crystals

ahnaldt101 and cubsfanhan can give you good videos on who the top teams are right now. (ahnaldt101 also does videos for players with new accounts that are helpful). i think one of the "lowest investment / highest value" competitive teams you can farm early on in the game (meaning you don't need legendary characters to unlock) is Darth Revan.

also there's a new "journey guide" in the game under Objectives, click on that and then navigate the tabs at the top to journey guide. that will give you a helpful idea of who you need to farm in order to unlock different legendary and heroic characters.

hope that helps a little and good luck!
  • Lord dirt & Harrily Ford have given you good advice generally, and especially in these two cases:
    Stick to a plan and see it through.

and
    i always say farm a team you personally enjoy playing with / have fun using,

Always remember that this is a game and the purpose is having fun. For you, especially, since you know you're the kind of person who will occasionally quit, you can't make a 24-month plan and pursue the path that is more resource-efficient. Always questing for the most efficient path to power is almost certainly going to lead you to quit again.

I can create, and have created, a multi-part plan so that someone knows what they want to buy in each different store and knows what nodes they want to farm with each different energy.

But for you, unless you make sure your focus is having fun, that won't cut it.

So my advice, in addition to joining a good guild and telling you to listen to HarrilyFord & Lord dirt, is this:

Think carefully about what gives you the most fun in this game. Then come back here & tell us about your passion, tell us what you love about SWGOH, what bores you in SWGOH, and what (if anything) you hate. Also tell us what characters you feel like you would enjoy having no matter what their abilities are in the game. Are you someone who just really likes the idea of bounty hunters? Or do you love the ewoks? Or hate them?

If we know what you love, we can help you get more of it, but if we just tell you what to do, even if it's a smart, super well-designed plan, that's not going to work. If you could have fun while slowly and methodically following a plan, you probably wouldn't have quit multiple times.

And don't think I'm criticizing you! I'm a deep believer in the "it's just a game" approach. The whole point of SWGOH is to have fun. If you're not having fun then you shouldn't be playing it. Quitting is fine if you're not having fun.

So if you'd like to play, help us help you by telling us what's fun. You quit multiple times, sure, but you've also come back multiple times. What is it that excites you? What do you love?

Tell us that, and I'm sure you'll get some great advice.