Fleet Mods

I know this has been brought up in the past, but when are we going to see ship mods? I know it would probably be better to see more in terms of the fleet roster first, But... C'mon... This cookie cutter **** is annoying. Any kind of slight modification to a ship's critical chance or potency or tenacity (etc) would make fleet So much more diverse and entertaining. IDK... Just my opinion that fleet is severely lacking. What do y'all think?

Replies

• I hope this never happens. Modding characters is enough work.
  • I hope this never happens. Modding characters is enough work.
    Ditto.

I like fleet and I like mods but I do not wish to see the modding concept extended to ships.
  • What if the ships only had 2 mod slots? Keep it simple, but still allow for Something unique.
  • I want to like ships more so everything that can make it happen is welcome!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Thats all well and good, and yet will all know speed would be the only stat cared for.

Now if we had mods that only gave tenacity, defence, offence, health/prot, crit chance/damage, potency, that would be something, but give ships only one mod spot

Nobody said we have to use the old toon mod system. Why not mods that increase let's say Crew Power or Basic Attributes?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I had an idea in some other thread on similar topic that this could be achieved by "unbinding" pilots and ships. If any pilot could go in any ship (or just within a faction to keep it somewhat restricted), then each pilot could give slightly different stats, leading to a mod-like effect. And as a bonus, the problem of flooding the game with useless pilots when new ships are added would be greatly reduced. Of course, that would require a total overhaul of the system, but I'm afraid that nothing less will save ships from the weird limbo they are in.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    "It's time for the ships to end"
    SKYWALKER, Luke - Jedi Master
  • Do you like using more of your crystals just to achieve a semblance of parity with whales? Do you need MORE investments into the ships game mode after already requiring R7/R8 Capital Pilots with full 6* mods on them?

giphy.gif
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Pffft my Mal fleet has very few 6* mods, an R4 Cap pilot, and a mix of G12 pilots and pilotless ships.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Do you like using more of your crystals just to achieve a semblance of parity with whales? Do you need MORE investments into the ships game mode after already requiring R7/R8 Capital Pilots with full 6* mods on them?

giphy.gif

That's the point, the majority (imho) of people doesn't enjoy fleets. They enjoy 400 crystals/day (of course, if you aren't stuck on hell bracket, which CG will never fix)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    GJO wrote: »
    Do you like using more of your crystals just to achieve a semblance of parity with whales? Do you need MORE investments into the ships game mode after already requiring R7/R8 Capital Pilots with full 6* mods on them?

giphy.gif

That's the point, the majority (imho) of people doesn't enjoy fleets. They enjoy 400 crystals/day (of course, if you aren't stuck on hell bracket, which CG will never fix)

The thing is, it is kind of a vicious circle - people dislike ships because they are stale and boring, but the dislike leads to less focus, making ships stale and boring. Add to that the problems inherent to the system, and the best solution seems to be to tear the whole thing down and build anew.