GC Feats 2/8

Replies

• Gorgus wrote: »
    I definitely understand players being unhappy with the mandalorian gating, but isn’t it good that some of the GC feats are really challenging and require idea-sharing with guild mates and in the forums? Seems to me that that is part of what makes the game fun. I don’t think there should be an expectation that most players can always get the top reward box.

I dont think most ppl define "fun" and "challenging" same as you do.

In my opinion the whole GC participation is driven by Fear of missing out, to begin with. Same goes (did go) for LSTB and the relics.

I did not do any representative research, but the 3 last things ppl seemed to genuinely enjoy were:
    1- JKL event (maaaaybe Bando event? who knows, event seemed okay but was later shadowed by the toon itself)
    2- DSTB (even this was somewhat criticised for lack of creativity)
    3- GAC

Everything else (again, this is my opinion) including the Rock Scissor Paper for BigForehead Rey & 2-times-buffed SLK, LSTB, relics, GC-s, CHpit were simply driven by FOMO.

I personally did like the 6A slicing as a concept, but then they tied it to the Mandalorians, so.... No. These are not fun, nor challenging, these are quite miserable imo, and above all else, clearly untested, or not well enough tested.

• InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Gorgus wrote: »
    I definitely understand players being unhappy with the mandalorian gating, but isn’t it good that some of the GC feats are really challenging and require idea-sharing with guild mates and in the forums? Seems to me that that is part of what makes the game fun. I don’t think there should be an expectation that most players can always get the top reward box.

I thought the fun was supposed to be playing the game. It's not? It's supposed to be fun watching your GL get oneshot in a GC? If the fun is to be had outside the game then why should any of us bother to play it?

I don't really get that argument at all. And let's be honest, most of these feats aren't challenging at all. Have Sith Empire? You're set. That's all you need. The only feats that are "challenging" are the locked Mandalorian ones that were locked behind Beskar Mando and are now locked by an entire mostly weak faction (therefore still locked behind Beskar Mando unless someone wants to argue Gar Saxon and Sabine Wren are super fantastically awesome). The challenge, once again from CG, comes from these absurd modifiers that were bugged last time and now this time too. And their ratcheting up the difficulty for sake of making it harder.

Same thing they did with LS Geo, new assault battle tiers, and CPit. Crank up the difficulty to 1000 and ta-dah! New content!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

I thought the fun was supposed to be playing the game. It's not? It's supposed to be fun watching your GL get oneshot in a GC? If the fun is to be had outside the game then why should any of us bother to play it?

Maybe the fun is figuring out how to not get one shot?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I don't really get that argument at all. And let's be honest, most of these feats aren't challenging at all. Have Sith Empire? You're set. That's all you need. The only feats that are "challenging" are the locked Mandalorian ones that were locked behind Beskar Mando and are now locked by an entire mostly weak faction (therefore still locked behind Beskar Mando unless someone wants to argue Gar Saxon and Sabine Wren are super fantastically awesome). The challenge, once again from CG, comes from these absurd modifiers that were bugged last time and now this time too. And their ratcheting up the difficulty for sake of making it harder.

Same thing they did with LS Geo, new assault battle tiers, and CPit. Crank up the difficulty to 1000 and ta-dah! New content!

Personally I love that the idea behind the "puzzle" is not, "gear check" or "have a GL = WIN". I like the idea that if you bring in the "wrong" toon or team you may lose. These types of things are interesting and spark thought and discussion.

what is bugged this round? I have not seen anyone post a bug about this GC, I have seen a few misunderstandings.

GCs are not really difficulty to 1000, there are ways to do it with low gear toons if you try to make a setup that works. I dont think we have had a single puzzle to solve that was R7 as an answer, but i'm would guess it can make the setup easier.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Personally I love that the idea behind the "puzzle" is not, "gear check" or "have a GL = WIN". I like the idea that if you bring in the "wrong" toon or team you may lose. These types of things are interesting and spark thought and discussion.

what is bugged this round? I have not seen anyone post a bug about this GC, I have seen a few misunderstandings.

GCs are not really difficulty to 1000, there are ways to do it with low gear toons if you try to make a setup that works. I dont think we have had a single puzzle to solve that was R7 as an answer, but i'm would guess it can make the setup easier.

You just need Sith Empire to clear it. Really, you just need Sith Empire to clear each GC. There's been only one where they haven't worked for clearing the feats easily. For that one Padme-GR worked easily. So if the puzzle is 'figure out how to do this feat' and the answer is SE or Padme each time, how does it even qualify as a puzzle? The only thing that actually trips people up is clear t7 with Mandos or beat this tier with Beskar Mando. And those feats are only difficult because only 11.3k ppl have him at this point. So even if we could argue that people are coming up with clever ways to beat these feats, it doesn't ultimately matter for those who aren't in the 11.3k group. They're not being rewarded for being more clever than anyone else. Which, for me, means solving the 'puzzle' is less important than having the required faction all geared up. That kinda sounds like a gear check actually.

As for bugs, based on my reading of the modifiers Traya and the sith shouldn't be hitting THAT hard out of the gate with 80% reduction. Or does global modifier only apply to the player? If Traya does experience the global modifier and has THAT much health out of the gate they must have given her obscene health and attack to start with.
    And last round we had that delightful event ability they gave us that didn't work which they never even acknowledged. Before anyone says "It was beatable without it"- For most people, yes. But not for everyone. And more importantly, why not fix it? This new unity engine was supposed to make bug fixing faster and instead it seems like bug fixing takes even longer (presuming they bother to fix it). And no compensation to those who couldn't beat it because of that bug.

You just need Sith Empire to clear it. Really, you just need Sith Empire to clear each GC. There's been only one where they haven't worked for clearing the feats easily. For that one Padme-GR worked easily. So if the puzzle is 'figure out how to do this feat' and the answer is SE or Padme each time, how does it even qualify as a puzzle? The only thing that actually trips people up is clear t7 with Mandos or beat this tier with Beskar Mando. And those feats are only difficult because only 11.3k ppl have him at this point. So even if we could argue that people are coming up with clever ways to beat these feats, it doesn't ultimately matter for those who aren't in the 11.3k group. They're not being rewarded for being more clever than anyone else. Which, for me, means solving the 'puzzle' is less important than having the required faction all geared up. That kinda sounds like a gear check actually.

As for bugs, based on my reading of the modifiers Traya and the sith shouldn't be hitting THAT hard out of the gate with 80% reduction. Or does global modifier only apply to the player? If Traya does experience the global modifier and has THAT much health out of the gate they must have given her obscene health and attack to start with.
    And last round we had that delightful event ability they gave us that didn't work which they never even acknowledged. Before anyone says "It was beatable without it"- For most people, yes. But not for everyone. And more importantly, why not fix it? This new unity engine was supposed to make bug fixing faster and instead it seems like bug fixing takes even longer (presuming they bother to fix it). And no compensation to those who couldn't beat it because of that bug.

They plan to fix the SLKR bug in the new pit raid. Sounds like it’s WAI.

Source?

Source?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241177/supreme-leader-kylo-ren-ct-rancor-phase-1-solo#latest

Source?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241177/supreme-leader-kylo-ren-ct-rancor-phase-1-solo#latest

Sorry, where does that say it's a bug? Or promise there will be action taken?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

So the fact that I have not used SE or Padma on any of the previous GCs (I have used Malak, not sure if you meant just him or the faction) to beat and get the highest prize box (except when BAM was required) means I found a different way to beat it. so it seems that did the "puzzle" differently than you and I believe others did too. This could mean (and I could be stretching's here) that there is more than one way to solve certain aspects of the event. That seems interesting. maybe not to you, but the other 1000s of players might. Also, not everyone has everything, so while you say what you are saying you are only coming at it from a perspective of the top looking down. Not everything can be for a 10% segment of the players.

Want it to be more puzzling, try doing it without using those toons, others seem to enjoy doing that.

yes the early ones, he was req. since then you could just have him by now, but he also doesn't seem to be 100% req for the teams in the last 2 to work, but I didn't try as I have him, and had fun working with what I had.

if you think this one is a gear check, please look at the video of it being done with low relic/gear, and then read through the post of people saying R7 and getting 1 shotted.....doesn't sounds like the check is working if thats the case.

I have personally not seen a post or in game any evidence of them hitting "that hard" when at the 80% reduction. That modifier is applying to both, and its possible the other modifier or the special ability is at play. can you provide a video or image to display what you mean?

it is also possibly they are as you said loaded with health (and possibly offense) to give the AI a fighting chance, here, IDK, but thats not a bug.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    So the fact that I have not used SE or Padma

tenor.gif?itemid=16292546
  • bhrno10wo4is.jpg
    ntsi45ta4i57.png

This time challenge is really disgusting but I saw CG paid efforts on the design.
    After 5 hours' hundreds of trails, finally got T7 reward box.

Well what is more challenging next? 3 sand ppl vs. 5 Sith Empire?
  • bhrno10wo4is.jpg
    ntsi45ta4i57.png

This time challenge is really disgusting but I saw CG paid efforts on the design.

3 Sand People with Beskar Mando, LOL
  • bhrno10wo4is.jpg
    ntsi45ta4i57.png

Designers: Roger Roger
  • bhrno10wo4is.jpg
    ntsi45ta4i57.png

Well that would be representative of season 2's first episodes
  • Nauros wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    1) The event is horrible, but all GC-s are.

2) CLS-L 3PO Han Chewbacca Malak (for denying TM)
    you are welcome.

Nice, that worked after a couple of tries. Focused Lobsterman because he can AoE oneshot everyone, specials used were CLS to get taunt ignore, Chewie AoE to kill the aforementioned Lobsterman, Malak drain to finish off Traya at the end.
    Doesn't make it any less dumb, though.

Why doesn't it?

The feat is a puzzle. If the answer to the puzzle was simple, it wouldn't be a puzzle, now would it? It'd just be a skinner box--pull the lever, get your prize.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

you are welcome.

Nice, that worked after a couple of tries. Focused Lobsterman because he can AoE oneshot everyone, specials used were CLS to get taunt ignore, Chewie AoE to kill the aforementioned Lobsterman, Malak drain to finish off Traya at the end.

Why doesn't it?

The feat is a puzzle. If the answer to the puzzle was simple, it wouldn't be a puzzle, now would it? It'd just be a skinner box--pull the lever, get your prize.

Nah man the feat isn't a puzzle, it's just a character check lol
  • Anyway, I'm quite pleased with myself for cobbling together a gold box. Completed T7 with no losses using Rey and Resistance and a whole bunch of spamming the event ability--easy.

Completed T4 with my not at all good enough Mandalorians.

Then completed T4 again with Rey, killed Sith Empire Trooper with Whirlwind, then basic'd down Savage Opress, Maul, and Trooper, finally a second Whirlwind on Traya. Gold box.

My Mandalorians aren't nearly good enough to do T5, let alone T7, so no shot at the red box for me. But I did well, and I'm proud of myself for figuring out this semi-sorta solution on my own before reading the real answer here. Good job to the folks that figured out the real answer.
  • NicWester wrote: »

you are welcome.

Why doesn't it?

It can be both and it's both.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

you are welcome.

Why doesn't it?

Really? Because so far every single challenge can be over come with Malak or slkr

you are welcome.

Why doesn't it?

Really? Because so far every single challenge can be over come with Malak or slkr
    That’s a whopping lie / generalisation.

For most of these challenge you need a faction specific team to get max rewards, be it rebels, GR, Empire or whatever. There have been several challenges where using SLKR / Malak helped you clear t7, but to get max rewards you had to use other toons.

you are welcome.

Why doesn't it?

Kk. Good luck.

pckp1hu8odsi.png

you are welcome.

Why doesn't it?

I didn't know I can get the golden or red reward box with Malak or SLKR, cool! Gonna try this out.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ya, I keep getting close with EP Vader Triumvirate but I kill 1 and they all recover turning into Zeus with God-lightning.
  • Ya, I keep getting close with EP Vader Triumvirate but I kill 1 and they all recover turning into Zeus with God-lightning.

I had that problem with Savage Opress in one run, but instead of Zeus with God-Lightning he became an absolute unkillable beefcake that did no significant damage. Every hit gives him 30% TM, so every 9 hits or so he uses the event ability and gets a zillion protection and then also he spreads Offense Down like the plague.

The next time around I murdered him as soon as there were no taunts to keep him alive. What a ****.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Ya, I keep getting close with EP Vader Triumvirate but I kill 1 and they all recover turning into Zeus with God-lightning.

I had that problem with Savage Opress in one run, but instead of Zeus with God-Lightning he became an absolute unkillable beefcake that did no significant damage.

giphy.gif

Frankly, Traya's got to be obscenely modded bc her leader ability adding THAT MUCH protection is completely obscene. But like I said, it was either a bug or she's modded obscenely. Answer is modded obscenely. I can accept that.

But just for clarity's sake, armor shred isn't classified as a debuff? It doesn't count toward Jango's PO. Have at least 2 people in the alliance with the same issue. We would love to know why armor shred isn't a debuff.

Frankly, Traya's got to be obscenely modded bc her leader ability adding THAT MUCH protection is completely obscene. But like I said, it was either a bug or she's modded obscenely. Answer is modded obscenely. I can accept that.

But just for clarity's sake, armor shred isn't classified as a debuff? It doesn't count toward Jango's PO. Have at least 2 people in the alliance with the same issue. We would love to know why armor shred isn't a debuff.

it's literally in the description. This is not an aswer to your question but the question shouldnt have been asked in the first place.

It's classified as an "other status effect", similar to Guard or Extortion, but lacks the blue colouring such mechanics usually have. Endless Horde on Zombie is the same, depending on the stacks (positive or negative speed) it is not counted as a buff or debuff.

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Jango-not-registrating-armor-shred-as-a-debuff/m-p/10024331/highlight/true#M45653
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    UdalCuain wrote: »

It's classified as an "other status effect", similar to Guard or Extortion, but lacks the blue colouring such mechanics usually have. Endless Horde on Zombie is the same, depending on the stacks (positive or negative speed) it is not counted as a buff or debuff.

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Jango-not-registrating-armor-shred-as-a-debuff/m-p/10024331/highlight/true#M45653

they need to change the color then bc red = debuffs in-game. But thanks! At least I can solve their confusion.