We need new Metas!

Replies

• Options
    the more people appear out of nowhere trying to muscle in on my crystals.

Welcome to arena. And they aren't yours to begin with. That's just you getting comfortable in arena which is now starting to shift. Use your muscle to fight em off "your crystals" when push comes to shove.
  • Options
    the more people appear out of nowhere trying to muscle in on my crystals.

Welcome to arena. And they aren't yours to begin with. That's just you getting comfortable in arena which is now starting to shift. Use your muscle to fight em off "your crystals" when push comes to shove.
    I know how it works, buddy! Plus the “my” crystals was tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    Jppc wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Literally you all been asking for rock paper scissors for the arena, CG gave us rock paper scissors, where we got 4 teams now capable of beating the other team and the arena is diverse now, now you all gonna start crying about how it's too much work to climb to the top of the arena now?

I never asked for RPS, don't want it, never wanted it.

I agree with OP. I want a new GL meta and a new fleet meta. I'd rather not spend my whole day climbing.

Good thing you don't represent the entire player base.
    If OP asks for his opinion, why do you have a problem when someone gives their’s?

Idk you seem to have a problem with me tho, always replying to all my comments, I feel like I I a stalker here.
    He directly replied to me, not the OP.

Hah! Don’t flatter yourself. It’s a public forum. People are entitled to reply to things you post, especially when they don’t agree with it.

Oh come on you are a TVF’s defender (or is it defensor? Sometimes english can be a bit difficult).

It's "defender" - but no, he's not. DarjeloSalas defends facts. TVF does so often as well. Many people seem to prefer their own opinions to facts. It's odd, really.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Literally you all been asking for rock paper scissors for the arena, CG gave us rock paper scissors, where we got 4 teams now capable of beating the other team and the arena is diverse now, now you all gonna start crying about how it's too much work to climb to the top of the arena now?

I agree with OP. I want a new GL meta and a new fleet meta. I'd rather not spend my whole day climbing.

If OP asks for his opinion, why do you have a problem when someone gives their’s?

Idk you seem to have a problem with me tho, always replying to all my comments, I feel like I I a stalker here.

Either because they are scared of a new meta (and probably should be) or because I'm the one that posted it.

Who is scared of the new meta? Is attacking others all you can do? You reply to someone you get a reply back

So bringing this up again since you didn't reply first time. It wasn't an attack. It was an assumption. May or may not be fair, so let's see your gg so we can assess if I was on the right track or not.

@Itsa_me_Malario nothing? If not it seems obvious that I was right. I can understand why you don't want a new meta. But neither of us speaks for the whole player base, fortunately.

lol current meta has been healthy for all GL users, hell I quit the game 5 months ago and I'm still in the top 50 with my slkr, the current meta is around GL Luke since he stays in the top 20 in my shard and doesn't fall as much as my SLKR, even if a newer meta came out, I would still be able to climb to the top 10 with my SLKR everyday since my shard has like 8 krakens at best. In fleet I have achieved 1st spot since day 1, idk why you would think I'm against a new meta team because I would be afraid or something.

I also play the DSA, which right now is doing what old CG was doing, every few months realse a new character that is meta for few months then move on to the next cash grab, but CG is keeping the game healthy with the new GL's which are all on par and can beat one and the other and don't make the player feel like they farmed the wrong character.

Right now any new player can go for SLKR, Luke, See or Rey and have a meta team, where before you had to go for that one meta team at that moment, or you would never be able to get to top 50.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hah! Don’t flatter yourself. It’s a public forum. People are entitled to reply to things you post, especially when they don’t agree with it.
    So what you are saying is its okay for you to reply every post that I have, but if I were to reply to TVF you tell me;
    "If OP asks for his opinion, why do you have a problem when someone gives their’s?" The irony
    There’s no irony.

When you responded to TVF you dismissed his opinion as irrelevant.

When I have responded to you (which I’m only aware of doing once when you said something hopelessly inaccurate about Sith Empire and Malak completing every GC so far) it’s because I disagreed with your point (which also happened to be wrong on that occasion).

It’s not about replying, it’s about what you say when you reply. I’ve only been dismissive of your posts when what you said was factually wrong.

What are you saying TVF speaks for the entirety of the swgoh player base? 🤔 since all I said was, it's a good thing that he doesn't represent the entire player base, don't see that as dismissing his opinion, just disagreeing 🤷, and you did say it was completely okay for you to disagree with my opinion so it's completely fine for me to disagree with his opinion
    No - nobody speaks for the entire player base. Not him, me, or you.

But the forum would be an even more soul destroying place if every single time someone posted their opinion, somebody else felt obliged to point out that they didn’t speak for the community. It’s a pointless contribution to a thread that’s sole purpose is to seek other’s opinions.

Anyway, back on topic, I’d love a new meta in both arenas because the longer this one goes on, the more people appear out of nowhere trying to muscle in on my crystals.

Whenever the meta shifts, I usually get there pretty fast. Others don’t. That’s why I want a new one.

Ah there we go, to the main reason why this thread actually exist, premium currency.

Yes the longer the game has a RPS, the more people will be able to get to the top 3 spots and make the previous shard chats useless.

Should the solution be a new team that is better than all the 4 previous galactic legends? Or should the solution be moving the crystals to a different game mode where the more meta teams you got, the more crystal you gonna get.

Let's get real here, Noone actually cares about the arena, not me, not you, not 99% of the player base, we all go to arena just for the crystals, I think a better version of arena is needed, with daily crystal income not weekly, not every few days, daily. A mixture of 5 enemy teams that you have to beat each day and for each team you get 100 crystals.
    You got 4 GL's? Boom you get 4 easy victory back to back(no 10 minute cool downs, and no fog of war between each team) all the whales get their 500 daily crystals like before, and everyone else can get their 100 to 200 crystals since you can only use each character once per match.

And you can turn the arena to the sand box mode that everyone is crying about, 2 birds one laser sword
  • Options
    And OP is spot on about how there is no reason that people with poor mods should be able to climb to the top. No reason at all. A lot of people have invested a lot of time and crystals into getting great mods, but people with **** poor mods can still climb right now. It makes no sense and is a thumb in the nose to those who have put the work in.

That's not even elitism but pure discrimination. Even with bad mods you clearly should outclass your enemy with a good strategy / counter team. No one should ever be allowed to always stay on top just because of totally random mod luck.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    No one should ever be allowed to always stay on top just because of totally random mod luck.

Agreed. Since it's not totally random.

Also lol at "discrimination".
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Either because they are scared of a new meta (and probably should be) or because I'm the one that posted it.

Who is scared of the new meta? Is attacking others all you can do? You reply to someone you get a reply back

So bringing this up again since you didn't reply first time. It wasn't an attack. It was an assumption. May or may not be fair, so let's see your gg so we can assess if I was on the right track or not.

@Itsa_me_Malario nothing? If not it seems obvious that I was right. I can understand why you don't want a new meta. But neither of us speaks for the whole player base, fortunately.

lol current meta has been healthy for all GL users, hell I quit the game 5 months ago and I'm still in the top 50 with my slkr, the current meta is around GL Luke since he stays in the top 20 in my shard and doesn't fall as much as my SLKR, even if a newer meta came out, I would still be able to climb to the top 10 with my SLKR everyday since my shard has like 8 krakens at best. In fleet I have achieved 1st spot since day 1, idk why you would think I'm against a new meta team because I would be afraid or something.

I also play the DSA, which right now is doing what old CG was doing, every few months realse a new character that is meta for few months then move on to the next cash grab, but CG is keeping the game healthy with the new GL's which are all on par and can beat one and the other and don't make the player feel like they farmed the wrong character.

Right now any new player can go for SLKR, Luke, See or Rey and have a meta team, where before you had to go for that one meta team at that moment, or you would never be able to get to top 50.

Still no gg link. Everything you say is suspect.
  • Options
    No one should ever be allowed to always stay on top just because of totally random mod luck.

You can have a strategy to upgrade the right mods but that's about it, there's absolutely no way to influence any outcome on mod rolls aka completely and utterly randomness.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

You can have a strategy to upgrade the right mods but that's about it, there's absolutely no way to influence any outcome on mod rolls aka completely and utterly randomness.

Strategy and numbers both matter.
  • Options

It's still random and if you're unlucky there's nothing you can do about but trying again and again and you can still fail.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

It's still random and if you're unlucky there's nothing you can do about but trying again and again and you can still fail.

There is something you can do about it when you are unlucky. You keep trying and trying and using your system to keep striving for a 15+ a day. Failing is gonna happen with mods but the amount of times gets reduced when you use systems.
  • Options
    raybron99 wrote: »

Certain people were asking for that, I was not one of them. I am here to show there are other opinions out there that need to be heard.

And yes, dropping to 40 every day regardless of how much better my mods are than the rest of my shard is dumb. Its also very time consuming, and theres 0 strategy other than hitting auto after I select my team.

Want to be the best, then gotta put in the time,
    You know what's boring though? Traya vs traya, Revan vs Revan, darth revan vs darth revan, gas vs gas, you know what's not boring? Fighting 4 different teams everyday to climb

What time is needed? The current GL vs GL is an auto fest. I would like to see the top meta teams beatable, but by good players who can execute a counter and have good mods. Right now, you just go in and hit auto.

Drevs vs DRevs was an auto fest so not really sure how that's better than GLs which you consider an autofest. Why not make it harder on yourself? Only climb with non-GL counters and see how good you do.

Yea I am sure you would go in on faster BSF and hit auto. Go ahead and post that video. Cmon now.

Thats part of the point. With what we have now, modding is completely irrelevant. You pick the proper GL, hit auto, and you win. We need to get back to where modding mattered, alongside stronger toons.

Faster DRevs, actually. Personally I find your GLs on auto comment extremely unlikely. Modding is not completely irrelevant in the least; and again if you're finding it THAT easy, then change up who you're using to beat them. If you can't be bothered to do so, it seems maybe you're actually enjoying just hitting auto.

If you have the faster DR but not the faster BSF, you are not hitting auto. Sith Empire was a speed meta plain and simple. Not an autofest. Mods are not the difference maker they once were in arena.
    If I see Jedi I put in SEE and hit auto. If I see SEE I put in SLKR and hit auto. If I see SLKR I put in JML and press auto. I never see Rey. SLKR vs SEE is so stupid I don't even bother fixing his mods. He can win that match on auto completely unmodded. I mod him for raids, GA, and TB but for arena it literally does not matter what mods he has. He beats SEE modless and that is the only place people in my arena use him. Most of us just leave JML in.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I put SLKR on auto once against a SEE and Vader one shot him. Not risking that again.
  • Options

Spoken like someone who doesn't get mods. Its only random in a very small sample size. Over time, if you farm mods correctly you will be good and have a strong advantage over the guy who doesn't get the game/mods. I can assume that's you because you are complaining about the mod RNG fallacy.
  • Options

Certain people were asking for that, I was not one of them. I am here to show there are other opinions out there that need to be heard.

And yes, dropping to 40 every day regardless of how much better my mods are than the rest of my shard is dumb. Its also very time consuming, and theres 0 strategy other than hitting auto after I select my team.

You know what's boring though? Traya vs traya, Revan vs Revan, darth revan vs darth revan, gas vs gas, you know what's not boring? Fighting 4 different teams everyday to climb

What time is needed? The current GL vs GL is an auto fest. I would like to see the top meta teams beatable, but by good players who can execute a counter and have good mods. Right now, you just go in and hit auto.

Drevs vs DRevs was an auto fest so not really sure how that's better than GLs which you consider an autofest. Why not make it harder on yourself? Only climb with non-GL counters and see how good you do.

Yea I am sure you would go in on faster BSF and hit auto. Go ahead and post that video. Cmon now.

Thats part of the point. With what we have now, modding is completely irrelevant. You pick the proper GL, hit auto, and you win. We need to get back to where modding mattered, alongside stronger toons.

Faster DRevs, actually. Personally I find your GLs on auto comment extremely unlikely. Modding is not completely irrelevant in the least; and again if you're finding it THAT easy, then change up who you're using to beat them. If you can't be bothered to do so, it seems maybe you're actually enjoying just hitting auto.

Um did you play the Darth Revan meta? Your best set was on BSF. Darth Revans speed was secondary. You sound like someone who missed the meta and is speaking second hand.

Why would I change my arena auto strategy? I have all 4 GLs, and the modding is 10000% irrelevant. If its jedi I auto with seep. If its seep I auto with SLK. If its SLK I auto with Jedi. I am not going to make my life more difficult, I can counter each in GAC and TW for fun. We need a new arena.

• Options

Spoken like someone who doesn't get mods. Its only random in a very small sample size. Over time, if you farm mods correctly you will be good and have a strong advantage over the guy who doesn't get the game/mods. I can assume that's you because you are complaining about the mod RNG fallacy.

So do you want mods 3.0 or new metas?
  • Options
    The only one not getting it is you. No matter how good your mod farming and upgrading strategy is, when your opponent is having more luck with it you can't do anything against it. And that's why counter teams are totally necessary so people can still have a chance even without luck.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

Just out of interest, what is the "mod RNG fallacy"?
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Um did you play the Darth Revan meta? Your best set was on BSF. Darth Revans speed was secondary. You sound like someone who missed the meta and is speaking second hand.

Why would I change my arena auto strategy? I have all 4 GLs, and the modding is 10000% irrelevant. If its jedi I auto with seep. If its seep I auto with SLK. If its SLK I auto with Jedi. I am not going to make my life more difficult, I can counter each in GAC and TW for fun. We need a new arena.

A new arena sounds cool. I’m not really interested in the meta changes and only mirror matches all the time. I like the diversity we see in the current meta. I don’t have the best mods but I’m pretty decent with them. Nor am I a kraken like some in my shard. Only a 3 yr player who didn’t drop tens of thousands of $.

While refreshing attempts can be annoying and time consuming, it doesn’t bother me too much. The CPit is a far worse time dump IMO (though only weekly). But a new arena sounds promising. I’ve seen a few suggestions for a multi-tier style of battle format. Many things could be done.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Some have less “luck” with RNG on mods. This is true so not a true fallacy. However, this “unlucky RNG” can be overcome by increasing sample size of mods upgraded, sliced etc.

Will someone in the game always have a mod advantage over another even using the exact same farming and strategy principles? Yes due to RNG (hence not a true fallacy), but effectively it should be a minimal difference from a statistical standpoint when increasing the sample size of mods, upgrades and slices.
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »

Some have less “luck” with RNG on mods. This is true so not a true fallacy. However, this “unlucky RNG” can be overcome by increasing sample size of mods upgraded, sliced etc.

Will someone in the game always have a mod advantage over another even using the exact same farming and strategy principles? Yes due to RNG (hence not a true fallacy), but effectively it should be a minimal difference from a statistical standpoint when increasing the sample size of mods, upgrades and slices.

Yes exactly, it's not faulty logic to state that mod rolls are down to RNG, so it's not a fallacy.
  • Options
    I put SLKR on auto once against a SEE and Vader one shot him. Not risking that again.

But that's not what the thread says.... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The only one not getting it is you. No matter how good your mod farming and upgrading strategy is, when your opponent is having more luck with it you can't do anything against it. And that's why counter teams are totally necessary so people can still have a chance even without luck.
    Just like there are some players you can never catch up to since they get so many shards from good luck with bronzium that they can buy infinite gear from shard shop...
    Really though, while individual mod rolls are based on RNG (luck) once you've gone through 10,000 mods, that individual roll start to even out to the point where the difference is not luck, but rather if you've gone through 10,000 or 15,000 mods...
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »

Yes exactly, it's not faulty logic to state that mod rolls are down to RNG, so it's not a fallacy.

Not a complete fallacy, but some people use the fact that each individual mod roll is RNG to explain why some have much better mod collections than others - and that is a fallacy.

If Player A spends 3x50 mod refreshes every single day, sells appropriate junk mods and concentrates their slicing on the very best potential mods they might wind up with a mod breakdown like this:
    25+: 9 mods
    20-24: 28 mods
    15-19: 150 mods
    10-14: 430 mods

What a lot of forum users do is look at those figures next to their own and decide that Player A is "luckier" than they are because they've only got five 25+ mods, even though a lot of them do not farm anything like as many mods as Player A.

And to a certain extent, this is true. I'm sure there is a tiny element of luck in most players' 25+ mod count. But it's the 10-19 mods where luck ceases to be an issue. The more mods you farm, the more of these you'll accummulate.
  • Options
    I think metas can be created without introducing power creep. Power creep kills games. And really right now all GLs can be beaten by non GL comps of some sort or another so think the game is in a pretty good place.
  • Options

I am all for well modded counters working. What is annoying is the counters are so hard right now you can take your unmodded SLK into a seep fight and still win. Thats silly.

If a player farms mods correctly, RNG no longer becomes a factor over time. Player A who refreshes mods 3-6 times a day vs player B who uses those same crystals to grab CARA DUNE early in shipments should have an advantage in mod depth, and thats how it almost always plays out. This is a resource management game.

I don't know how this turned into a mod disagreement. I just want new GLs or something stronger for a new arena meta.

• Options
    But it's the 10-19 mods where luck ceases to be an issue. The more mods you farm, the more of these you'll accummulate.

This is so spot on accurate. The number of +10-19 mods one has its a very good indicator on their mod game. Kudos to you for bringing this up.
  • Options
    But it's the 10-19 mods where luck ceases to be an issue. The more mods you farm, the more of these you'll accummulate.

This is so spot on accurate. The number of +10-19 mods one has its a very good indicator on their mod game. Kudos to you for bringing this up.
    Is it? So i have several hundreds of those, what is it telling you?
    I am all for well modded counters working. What is annoying is the counters are so hard right now you can take your unmodded SLK into a seep fight and still win. Thats silly. [...] I just want new GLs or something stronger for a new arena meta.
    And i like the diverse "meta" where people aren't forced to go for the one toon/team to stay relevant. So what?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Is it? So i have several hundreds of those, what is it telling you?

It's telling me you need to farm smarter, harder, or both.

(me vs you)

Speed+10 :: 506 vs 393
    Speed+15 :: 190 vs 141
    Speed+20 :: 46 vs 27
    Speed+25 :: 18 vs 3