We need new Metas!

Replies

• Options
    I think the new set of gls will be visibly better than the first 4, not to the extreme.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I think the new set of gls will be visibly better than the first 4, not to the extreme.

So just better art then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

So just better art then.

Hahaha :smiley:
  • Options

So just better art then.

Well played.
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    But it's the 10-19 mods where luck ceases to be an issue. The more mods you farm, the more of these you'll accummulate.

This is so spot on accurate. The number of +10-19 mods one has its a very good indicator on their mod game. Kudos to you for bringing this up.
    Is it? So i have several hundreds of those, what is it telling you?
    raybron99 wrote: »
    I am all for well modded counters working. What is annoying is the counters are so hard right now you can take your unmodded SLK into a seep fight and still win. Thats silly. [...] I just want new GLs or something stronger for a new arena meta.
    And i like the diverse "meta" where people aren't forced to go for the one toon/team to stay relevant. So what?

I don't know what your hard on is. I am simply offering my view as feedback here. Is that not what the forums are for? There's plenty of people who believe as you do. I just want to make sure people who believe as I do are heard.
  • Options
    It's telling me you need to farm smarter, harder, or both.
    Or i just need to start farming at all because i haven't farmed any mods for at least one year and i'm rarely buying them from credit shop. So am i just lucky or can we get enough good mods over time from events alone?
    I don't know what your hard on is. I am simply offering my view as feedback here. Is that not what the forums are for? There's plenty of people who believe as you do. I just want to make sure people who believe as I do are heard.
    The point is that your thread title is making us believe you want new "metas" (plural) but in reality you just want a single new one not everyone can get from the start so you're having an easier time staying in top positions in arena. You don't want a better game, you just want to be lazy regardless of how this would impact everything. And that's what i strongly disagree with. If you want the top spots go and work for it, ingame, and not with money!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Or i just need to start farming at all because i haven't farmed any mods for at least one year and i'm rarely buying them from credit shop. So am i just lucky or can we get enough good mods over time from events alone?
    The point is that your thread title is making us believe you want new "metas" (plural) but in reality you just want a single new one not everyone can get from the start so you're having an easier time staying in top positions in arena. You don't want a better game, you just want to be lazy regardless of how this would impact everything. And that's what i strongly disagree with. If you want the top spots go and work for it, ingame, and not with money!

Ship and arena are the 2 places they are asking for a new meta, in each. Plural makes sense.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ship and arena are the 2 places they are asking for a new meta, in each. Plural makes sense.
    If he would ever have stated ships anywhere i would agree but he just complained about troop arena so my point still stands.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    Or i just need to start farming at all because i haven't farmed any mods for at least one year and i'm rarely buying them from credit shop.

This explains why I have faster mods than you, not luck.
  • Options
    If he would ever have stated ships anywhere i would agree but he just complained about troop arena so my point still stands.

kumjl4krl6x0.jpeg

Read again buddy
  • Options
    Like I need to be any further behind than I already am.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    Like I need to be any further behind than I already am.

This was my point. I want as many people behind as possible.
  • raybron99
    129 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

Ah so your main point you've spent all these posts arguing about is due to the fact you cannot read. Thanks for your input here.

And the fact that you don't farm mods at all shows why you think mods are all RNG. Its all coming together now.
  • Options
    some people use the fact that each individual mod roll is RNG to explain why some have much better mod collections than others - and that is a fallacy.

What a lot of forum users do is decide that Player A is "luckier" than they are because they've only got five 25+ mods, even though a lot of them do not farm anything like as many mods as Player A.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Exhibit A:
    The only one not getting it is you. No matter how good your mod farming and upgrading strategy is, when your opponent is having more luck with it you can't do anything against it. And that's why counter teams are totally necessary so people can still have a chance even without luck.
    You can have a strategy to upgrade the right mods but that's about it, there's absolutely no way to influence any outcome on mod rolls aka completely and utterly randomness.

lcadatyth1eh.jpeg

Me on the left, Kisakee on the right. Yet he’ll still claim its luck.
  • Options
    some people use the fact that each individual mod roll is RNG to explain why some have much better mod collections than others - and that is a fallacy.

What a lot of forum users do is decide that Player A is "luckier" than they are because they've only got five 25+ mods, even though a lot of them do not farm anything like as many mods as Player A.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Exhibit A:
    The only one not getting it is you. No matter how good your mod farming and upgrading strategy is, when your opponent is having more luck with it you can't do anything against it. And that's why counter teams are totally necessary so people can still have a chance even without luck.
    You can have a strategy to upgrade the right mods but that's about it, there's absolutely no way to influence any outcome on mod rolls aka completely and utterly randomness.

lcadatyth1eh.jpeg

And don't forget, he's the one who wants auto counter squads because he doesn't farm mods due to "RnG!1"

• Options
    Gouj4 wrote: »

kumjl4krl6x0.jpeg

Read again buddy

I haven't seen that, granted. Yet his complaints are still mainly about troop arena.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    And don't forget, he's the one who wants auto counter squads because he doesn't farm mods due to "RnG!1"
    I never complained about my own mods at any time, i'm totally aware that i could maybe have more faster mods when farming then. The only thing i said is that it is completely random and that you can be unlucky even with excessive farming. Not more, not less.
    Yes i do and i always will just because it is. You can get 'more' chances if you farm them but you never get 'better' chances. If you do a thousand coinflips you're always having a chance of 50% even if results will equalize over time, that's math and that's what i said and nothing else.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    I never complained about my own mods at any time, i'm totally aware that i could maybe have more faster mods when farming then. The only thing i said is that it is completely random and that you can be unlucky even with excessive farming. Not more, not less.
    Yes i do and i always will just because it is. You can get 'more' chances if you farm them but you never get 'better' chances. If you do a thousand coinflips you're always having a chance of 50% even if results will equalize over time, that's math and that's what i said and nothing else.

Ok here are a few less rolls. I'm more of a newer player than the other 2 I believe and could be wrong. Their point (and mine) was just that the more opportunities you give yourself the Nute opportunities to gain good mods. But hey, you aren't doing as bad as you think you are even with taking a break. You can tell you are at least trying. lzgckewtk2o5.jpg
  • Options
    I 100% agree with OP. 100%.

Fleet is stale as hell. I enter battle and hit auto. Only time I lose is if the other Nego fleet goes first and I lose ETA from the jump. It isn't fun. It is just stale and hitting auto.

Squad isn't much different. Only time I lose is when my JKR gets focused first and even then I have probably a 65% win rate. It is stale.

And OP is spot on about how there is no reason that people with poor mods should be able to climb to the top. No reason at all. A lot of people have invested a lot of time and crystals into getting great mods, but people with **** poor mods can still climb right now. It makes no sense and is a thumb in the nose to those who have put the work in.

Not to mention that TVF is correct. A F2P could 100% be getting 1 everyday in arena and be ready for whatever comes next. It isn't a P2P issue. It is a lack of content issue. Seems like they really missed the boat on Beskar Mando, but what are they supposed to do with him? He can't be more powerful than a GL. And therein lies the major problem with GLs. We need a new REWARD toon that is meta defining like Traya was.

I really like this take. The fact that scrubs who just got their first GLs with terrible mods can beat my god modded team feels totally unrewarding. They didn’t release enough content or toons last year and now many ppl have caught up. Game needs to keep its competitive edge. The whole point of being a pro with resources and getting first in arena for a few years was to get the new meta changing toons first and have an edge. No edge no shiny toys no fun.
  • TVF
    36602 posts Member
    Options

Your math is bad.
  • Options

Your math is bad.

It's not my math but the natural math of science, good luck conquering that.
    And if your whole good gameplay comes from only having fast mods then that's totally on you, i'm still competitive with strategy. I don't need as many fast mods to be good, i don't need to spend tons of money to stay relevant and i want a diverse meta where everyone has to fight to stay on top and can't simply buy their success.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

Your math is bad.

And if your whole good gameplay comes from only having fast mods then that's totally on you, i'm still competitive with strategy. I don't need as many fast mods to be good, i don't need to spend tons of money to stay relevant and i want a diverse meta where everyone has to fight to stay on top and can't simply buy their success.

Your above statements emphasizing -completely random- and people getting lucky makes it hard to believe you fully understand it.
  • Options
    Your above statements emphasizing -completely random- and people getting lucky makes it hard to believe you fully understand it.

I do, i just don't care about as much as others. Their way of winning is having as much fast mods as possible but that's just not my way. Yet i'm still on top of what is relevant to me so to me my system works as good as theirs. And in the great picture of having new metas i'm against having the one meta where you simply put your fastest mods on the strongest team to win against anything. People want to buy their success, they don't want to win by strategy or work. That's wrong, that's not diverse and it's hindering lots of F2P people. And that's why i completely disagree with all of that.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

I do, i just don't care about as much as others. Their way of winning is having as much fast mods as possible but that's just not my way. Yet i'm still on top of what is relevant to me so to me my system works as good as theirs. And in the great picture of having new metas i'm against having the one meta where you simply put your fastest mods on the strongest team to win against anything. People want to buy their success, they don't want to win by strategy or work. That's wrong, that's not diverse and it's hindering lots of F2P people. And that's why i completely disagree with all of that.

I don't think it's only about mods, just that when it comes to mods it's hardly about luck. Your full set looks averageish, not necessarily bad. In my gac pools I'm mostly the first or at worst 2nd at mods comparison and this has nothing to do with luck. I'm no whale. I have just put in the 3x daily investment since mods 2.0 with very short emergency breaks.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

I think many investing into mods would be considered hard work (at least persistence and fortitude). Investing in mods is also a strategy.

However, I agree in that I’m not too interested in the P2W (or severe hoard) metas any time soon. Whales and Krakens get their return in other areas for their investment (they also gain the same possible rewards with the current diverse meta).
  • Options

Your math is bad.

Is finishing in Chromium in GAC competitive? I’d have thought at least Aurodium was needed to be considered competitive. I get that not every game mode needs to matter to you, of course. Like LSTB can’t be fun with your DS/LS relic balance.

I am a mathematician, by the way, and I think I understand the confusion re the random nature of mods.

When comparing you with someone who farms mods repeatedly like @TVF (picking him at random because I know the tag will annoy him), you seem fixated on the idea that you both have exactly the same odds of hitting speed rolls on the next mod you level / slice. This is of course true. There’s nothing in either player’s mod farming strategy that can influence that outcome on a one off trial.

What others are pointing out, though, is that someone like TVF, who is putting vastly more quarters in the mod slot machine than you are, is absolutely guaranteed to end up with a bigger collection of mods that hit speed rolls.

I can’t tell if you agree with that part or not (though it’s not something that needs to be agreed with, it’s indisputable).

• Options
    I don't think it's only about mods, just that when it comes to mods it's hardly about luck. Your full set looks averageish, not necessarily bad. In my gac pools I'm mostly the first or at worst 2nd at mods comparison and this has nothing to do with luck. I'm no whale. I have just put in the 3x daily investment since mods 2.0 with very short emergency breaks.

That's what i mean, relevant things. To me GAC is something i completely ignore on 3v3 and if i feel good i'm doing the 5v5. The only PvP thing i care about is troop arena as it is my main crystal income and that's fine but i'm more focussed on PvE content.
    I do know that i'm missing out on things for not playing everything as much as dedicated but i'm still having fun and that's what games about to me - having fun and being fair to all people so everyone can enjoy it.
    I don't need everyone to agree with me but i'm free to disagree with them and i do.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Konju wrote: »
    I think many investing into mods would be considered hard work (at least persistence and fortitude). Investing in mods is also a strategy.
    It is and mods are totally needed. To me it just don't have to be all about speed. People keep telling that i'm a bad player because i'm not going to get as much fast mods as possible but i don't think so. In my eyes they have a limited sight on mods and completely refuse to think otherwise. In their believe you need to have the "one" meta team and the most speedy mods to overcome everything. That's not my thinking and people can and will blame me for thinking on my own like they ever did but i don't care.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

That's what i mean, relevant things. To me GAC is something i completely ignore on 3v3 and if i feel good i'm doing the 5v5. The only PvP thing i care about is troop arena as it is my main crystal income and that's fine but i'm more focussed on PvE content.
    I do know that i'm missing out on things for not playing everything as much as dedicated but i'm still having fun and that's what games about to me - having fun and being fair to all people so everyone can enjoy it.
    I don't need everyone to agree with me but i'm free to disagree with them and i do.

It's all cool, any player can expedite their own experience the way they want. What I was talking about is the global nature of things and which choices lead to which outcomes.