Moff Gideon

Replies

  • TVF
    27500 posts Member
    Costino1 wrote: »
    I think they have double drops on him. The drop rates for me are the same as the year old characters. I can’t believe how fast I’ve been farming him the past 48 hours.

    I went 0/10. Looks like they're back to selective drop rates again.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Costino1 wrote: »
    I think they have double drops on him. The drop rates for me are the same as the year old characters. I can’t believe how fast I’ve been farming him the past 48 hours.

    I went 0/10. Looks like they're back to selective drop rates again.

    Try Monday morning. 2 sims at a time.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Costino1 wrote: »
    I think they have double drops on him. The drop rates for me are the same as the year old characters. I can’t believe how fast I’ve been farming him the past 48 hours.

    I went 0/10. Looks like they're back to selective drop rates again.

    Screenshot or it didn't happen. CG_TVF gets 80%+ drop rates. Stop the cap.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Honeatly simming the battle for Gideon is the only thing making me stay up till 12 o clock every night, been getting 20 shards of him every night with just 3 refreshes pjo6ranwovdt.jpg
    I will gladly skip on relic farms if we get more toons added to cantina battles. Such a great feeling
  • Honeatly simming the battle for Gideon is the only thing making me stay up till 12 o clock every night, been getting 20 shards of him every night with just 3 refreshes pjo6ranwovdt.jpg
    I will gladly skip on relic farms if we get more toons added to cantina battles. Such a great feeling

    20/85, u're luckier. Though this time they did us a significant favor by putting it to a 10 node. I also want more stuff to come from cantina, but on 16 energy nodes, this'll go much slower and become costlier.
  • LordDirt
    2006 posts Member
    edited February 18
    I am also at 25/85. So what is the best squad to use him in?
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    305 posts Member
    edited February 18
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I am also at 25/85. So what is the best squad to use him in?

    Troopers my dude, veers lead, starck, admiral piet range trooper and moff Gideon, it is the best PVE squad in the game.
    Also Gideon is amazing against GL rey
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Honeatly simming the battle for Gideon is the only thing making me stay up till 12 o clock every night, been getting 20 shards of him every night with just 3 refreshes pjo6ranwovdt.jpg
    I will gladly skip on relic farms if we get more toons added to cantina battles. Such a great feeling

    20/85, u're luckier. Though this time they did us a significant favor by putting it to a 10 node. I also want more stuff to come from cantina, but on 16 energy nodes, this'll go much slower and become costlier.

    29/85. I took TVF's luck.
  • I dont imagine there are many people who's only limitation on being able to relic a character is signal data.

    Yeah, the thing is that Signal data really isn't much of a limitation at all for me. I relic about 1 new g12 toon per week, and I can get about the right amount of signal data to take them as high as I want (usually r5) within that week. So if I started getting g12 gear a lot faster, then signal data would be a limitation. But right now, it's not (provided I spend 200 crystals a day on farming, but that's baked into my regular budget & I don't mind).

    So what happens for me is that for the next 3-4 weeks, signal data is halted or massively slowed (however I want to do it) and so during that time signal data becomes a limitation when it wasn't one before.

    3 weeks of 3 refreshes / day seems like the route I might want. It slows my accumulation of crystals by 100/day more than normal (which I wouldn't worry about except that I just spent my stash & only have 4k on hand right now), but since my primary use for those crystals is purchasing Kyrotech, and since I don't need kyrotech if I'm not doing g12 finishers, and since g12 finishers don't help too much if your toons are going to be stuck at r0, I can probably put things on hold for 3 weeks and just not spend any crystals on Kyros & I'll be more or less fine.

    It's never fun to delay your GL quest by 3 weeks, but I'm not all that close to JML right now, and Gideon is a worthy toon.

    Most toons don't need r5...
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    I dont imagine there are many people who's only limitation on being able to relic a character is signal data.

    Yeah, the thing is that Signal data really isn't much of a limitation at all for me. I relic about 1 new g12 toon per week, and I can get about the right amount of signal data to take them as high as I want (usually r5) within that week. So if I started getting g12 gear a lot faster, then signal data would be a limitation. But right now, it's not (provided I spend 200 crystals a day on farming, but that's baked into my regular budget & I don't mind).

    So what happens for me is that for the next 3-4 weeks, signal data is halted or massively slowed (however I want to do it) and so during that time signal data becomes a limitation when it wasn't one before.

    3 weeks of 3 refreshes / day seems like the route I might want. It slows my accumulation of crystals by 100/day more than normal (which I wouldn't worry about except that I just spent my stash & only have 4k on hand right now), but since my primary use for those crystals is purchasing Kyrotech, and since I don't need kyrotech if I'm not doing g12 finishers, and since g12 finishers don't help too much if your toons are going to be stuck at r0, I can probably put things on hold for 3 weeks and just not spend any crystals on Kyros & I'll be more or less fine.

    It's never fun to delay your GL quest by 3 weeks, but I'm not all that close to JML right now, and Gideon is a worthy toon.

    Most toons don't need r5...

    I also plan to do the same given how small moff's health+prot pool is.
  • Most toons don't need r5?

    Well, sure. only all the toons who are required to get r5 for your GL quest or your Arena squad or your fleet pilots or to complete TB special missions or to complete LS TB combat missions or for the latest faction squad to complete Galactic Challenges, or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3. Just those.

    My point is that the costs to bump a toon up another tier isn't much until r5=>r6. If you've used all the resources it takes to get someone to r1, why not r5 and make them available for all those other purposes? Especially since it's going to take you a few days before you have your next relic toon anyway? Why not spend 6-8 days worth of signal data per toon you take to relic since you're only getting another g13 toon every 6-8 days anyway?
  • Most toons don't need r5?

    Well, sure. only all the toons who are required to get r5 for your GL quest or your Arena squad or your fleet pilots or to complete TB special missions or to complete LS TB combat missions or for the latest faction squad to complete Galactic Challenges, or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3. Just those.

    My point is that the costs to bump a toon up another tier isn't much until r5=>r6. If you've used all the resources it takes to get someone to r1, why not r5 and make them available for all those other purposes? Especially since it's going to take you a few days before you have your next relic toon anyway? Why not spend 6-8 days worth of signal data per toon you take to relic since you're only getting another g13 toon every 6-8 days anyway?

    Those who keep a careful watch on their matchmaking GP would argue the cost is facing more difficult opponents in GAC.

    I’m not one of those people, by the way, but those people would definitely provide that counter argument.

    I mean, taking CPit as an example, I don’t know if I’d need to take anyone to r5 at all now for that. I’ve got a team for each phase already.
  • Most toons don't need r5?

    Well, sure. only all the toons who are required to get r5 for your GL quest or your Arena squad or your fleet pilots or to complete TB special missions or to complete LS TB combat missions or for the latest faction squad to complete Galactic Challenges, or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3. Just those.

    My point is that the costs to bump a toon up another tier isn't much until r5=>r6. If you've used all the resources it takes to get someone to r1, why not r5 and make them available for all those other purposes? Especially since it's going to take you a few days before you have your next relic toon anyway? Why not spend 6-8 days worth of signal data per toon you take to relic since you're only getting another g13 toon every 6-8 days anyway?

    GAC matchmaking is a good reason to stop some of these characters before R5.
  • I don’t know if I’d need to take anyone to r5 at all now for that. I’ve got a team for each phase already.

    Starving man says to full man: We all have to eat.

    Full man says to starving man: No, that's not true. I don't need to eat at all. I just finished eating 30 minutes ago.

    The fact that you have toons at r5 for RCT is proof not just that we need r5 toons for RCT (we knew that) but further proof that you think it's worth taking toons to r5 for RCT.

    No, you don't need to take every single toon in your inventory to r5, just every single toon you're going to use in RCT, which is exactly what i said:
    or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3.

    In order to get things done in the game, you need a variety of r5 toons for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to getting GLs, fighting Rancor, completing LS TB missions, and for those of us whose guild is close enough that it will make a difference, completing DS TB missions in p4. Obviously there's overlap for many of those toons, but not nearly all. Ahsoka is required at r5+ for her mission with GAS in LS TB p2. GAS is not required for any GL, but is required at r5 for LS TB. GAS is not required, but can be useful depending on your available GLs & other toons in the Rancor raid.

    So, yeah, the game requires r5 for a bunch of things, and it requires low-level relics for even more, but you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by taking it to r5 and the investment required is minimal in comparison to the benefit.

    So me? I'll keep doing that. I'm not sure how many relic toons I have, but it's well over 50 and I'm not done r5ing folks yet.

    As for your statement about GAC:
    Those who keep a careful watch on their matchmaking GP would argue the cost is facing more difficult opponents in GAC.
    I’m not one of those people, by the way, but those people would definitely provide that counter argument.

    Yep, they would. In fact, Konju showed up to make just that argument before I could even notice your comment.

    Like you, I think it's a bad argument. Winning GAC is probably a lot of fun, sure, but the return on your investment is minimal compared to, say, taking top3 in even a single HSTR. Besides, that argument could be used to avoid taking your characters to g10 just as easily as taking your characters to relic-whatever. Refusing to improve your roster because GAC would get harder has no logical endpoint. Might as well quit the game lest you accidentally get a tough matchup & loose.

    I hate that kind of thinking. I'd much rather (and it seems you would too, though I'm not trying to speak for you) see my roster improve every week and lose some GAC rounds than sit on my thumbs & beg the game gods to make everything easy for me.
  • I don’t know if I’d need to take anyone to r5 at all now for that. I’ve got a team for each phase already.

    Starving man says to full man: We all have to eat.

    Full man says to starving man: No, that's not true. I don't need to eat at all. I just finished eating 30 minutes ago.

    The fact that you have toons at r5 for RCT is proof not just that we need r5 toons for RCT (we knew that) but further proof that you think it's worth taking toons to r5 for RCT.

    No, you don't need to take every single toon in your inventory to r5, just every single toon you're going to use in RCT, which is exactly what i said:
    or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3.

    In order to get things done in the game, you need a variety of r5 toons for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to getting GLs, fighting Rancor, completing LS TB missions, and for those of us whose guild is close enough that it will make a difference, completing DS TB missions in p4. Obviously there's overlap for many of those toons, but not nearly all. Ahsoka is required at r5+ for her mission with GAS in LS TB p2. GAS is not required for any GL, but is required at r5 for LS TB. GAS is not required, but can be useful depending on your available GLs & other toons in the Rancor raid.

    So, yeah, the game requires r5 for a bunch of things, and it requires low-level relics for even more, but you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by taking it to r5 and the investment required is minimal in comparison to the benefit.

    So me? I'll keep doing that. I'm not sure how many relic toons I have, but it's well over 50 and I'm not done r5ing folks yet.

    As for your statement about GAC:
    Those who keep a careful watch on their matchmaking GP would argue the cost is facing more difficult opponents in GAC.
    I’m not one of those people, by the way, but those people would definitely provide that counter argument.

    Yep, they would. In fact, Konju showed up to make just that argument before I could even notice your comment.

    Like you, I think it's a bad argument. Winning GAC is probably a lot of fun, sure, but the return on your investment is minimal compared to, say, taking top3 in even a single HSTR. Besides, that argument could be used to avoid taking your characters to g10 just as easily as taking your characters to relic-whatever. Refusing to improve your roster because GAC would get harder has no logical endpoint. Might as well quit the game lest you accidentally get a tough matchup & loose.

    I hate that kind of thinking. I'd much rather (and it seems you would too, though I'm not trying to speak for you) see my roster improve every week and lose some GAC rounds than sit on my thumbs & beg the game gods to make everything easy for me.

    I don't think it's this much either&or and g10 comparison is certainly a hyperbole. I also manage my top 80, I consider r4 a good point to stop (unless needed for rancy) for toons I like. It's also that I need to hoard relic mats a bit in case I need to gear a full team for event type needs. This management keeps me at decent competition, certainly not easy ones like extreme gac hoarders face.

    It also makes sense to curb relic levels down a bit since most of us are heading towards high relic numbers. I'm at 75 and I know pretty well there's no coming back from unnecessary r6-7s, they'll stay in the top calculation for a long time to come. Meanwhile I started ejecting reliced toons needed for gl, even rose is around the corner.

    Upper line is 73-80, lower is already out.
    vm1ymqtq51mz.png
  • Most toons don't need r5?

    Well, sure. only all the toons who are required to get r5 for your GL quest or your Arena squad or your fleet pilots or to complete TB special missions or to complete LS TB combat missions or for the latest faction squad to complete Galactic Challenges, or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3. Just those.

    My point is that the costs to bump a toon up another tier isn't much until r5=>r6. If you've used all the resources it takes to get someone to r1, why not r5 and make them available for all those other purposes? Especially since it's going to take you a few days before you have your next relic toon anyway? Why not spend 6-8 days worth of signal data per toon you take to relic since you're only getting another g13 toon every 6-8 days anyway?

    I honestly am starting to worry about the cost of every relic level, as I'm feeling the carbonite squeeze.
    Furthemore R5 is really not needed for most of the things you list. R5 is needed for Rancor and for certain GL requirements, but it's not needed in most cases for DS TB, only for select toons. It's needed for some toons for LS TB as well, but far from "most" I'd say.

    Back on the main topic, I'm reasonably happy Moff Gideon is in cantina.
    I'll not stop my signal farming for him now, but it will be a lot faster to get him to 7* if the need arises - and he is certainly on the priority list once I've got enough signal data for the current project.
  • I don’t know if I’d need to take anyone to r5 at all now for that. I’ve got a team for each phase already.

    Starving man says to full man: We all have to eat.

    Full man says to starving man: No, that's not true. I don't need to eat at all. I just finished eating 30 minutes ago.

    The fact that you have toons at r5 for RCT is proof not just that we need r5 toons for RCT (we knew that) but further proof that you think it's worth taking toons to r5 for RCT.

    No, you don't need to take every single toon in your inventory to r5, just every single toon you're going to use in RCT, which is exactly what i said:
    or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3.

    In order to get things done in the game, you need a variety of r5 toons for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to getting GLs, fighting Rancor, completing LS TB missions, and for those of us whose guild is close enough that it will make a difference, completing DS TB missions in p4. Obviously there's overlap for many of those toons, but not nearly all. Ahsoka is required at r5+ for her mission with GAS in LS TB p2. GAS is not required for any GL, but is required at r5 for LS TB. GAS is not required, but can be useful depending on your available GLs & other toons in the Rancor raid.

    So, yeah, the game requires r5 for a bunch of things, and it requires low-level relics for even more, but you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by taking it to r5 and the investment required is minimal in comparison to the benefit.

    So me? I'll keep doing that. I'm not sure how many relic toons I have, but it's well over 50 and I'm not done r5ing folks yet.

    As for your statement about GAC:
    Those who keep a careful watch on their matchmaking GP would argue the cost is facing more difficult opponents in GAC.
    I’m not one of those people, by the way, but those people would definitely provide that counter argument.

    Yep, they would. In fact, Konju showed up to make just that argument before I could even notice your comment.

    Like you, I think it's a bad argument. Winning GAC is probably a lot of fun, sure, but the return on your investment is minimal compared to, say, taking top3 in even a single HSTR. Besides, that argument could be used to avoid taking your characters to g10 just as easily as taking your characters to relic-whatever. Refusing to improve your roster because GAC would get harder has no logical endpoint. Might as well quit the game lest you accidentally get a tough matchup & loose.

    I hate that kind of thinking. I'd much rather (and it seems you would too, though I'm not trying to speak for you) see my roster improve every week and lose some GAC rounds than sit on my thumbs & beg the game gods to make everything easy for me.

    I’ve got 83 relic toons, and they’re not all at r5. I stopped below that for several of them.

    Of course the toons are more effective at r5 than they are at r2, but the scavenger material required is getting thinner and thinner on the ground, so I don’t think I could agree that the investment is minimal compared to the benefit. Certainly, once I’ve finished Gideon (4-5 days from now) I’ll go back to farming signal data from cantina, but I don’t really have any toons below r5 I’m desperate to take up to that level right now. I’d rather have a stockpile to splurge on a toon that absolutely needs to be r5 than just take all the relic toons I’ve already got up to that level.

    As for the GAC argument - I’m not saying it’s a bad argument. I’m just saying I’ve decided not to play the game like that myself. The argument is totally valid for those that are motivated in that way.

    In fact - the majority of the forum’s loudest GAC matchmaking complainers are people who have taken absolutely all their g13 toons to r5 and above and as a result are meeting opponents with more GLs than they’ve got.
  • TVF
    27500 posts Member
    Most toons don't need r5?

    Well, sure. only all the toons who are required to get r5 for your GL quest or your Arena squad or your fleet pilots or to complete TB special missions or to complete LS TB combat missions or for the latest faction squad to complete Galactic Challenges, or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3. Just those.

    Let's see....

    Arena squad - R2 JKR, and then either G12 GMY or G11 Wat.

    Fleet pilots - R4 GG, G12 Sun Fac, G12 Bossk, G12 Spy, G11 Cassian pilots.

    LSTB - R2 JKR, G12 GMY, R3 CLS, R3 GK, G12, Jolee, G12 AT

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So it's been a week now and I've done 3 refreshes a day. I've obtained 151 shards and am sitting at 56/85.

    At this rate, he should be 7 star next week. Love it!
  • Same, 3 refreshes, worse RNG, 43/85.
    Officer in Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya, Wat & Negotiator on farm. PM to join us.
  • Same, 3 refreshes, worse RNG, 43/85.

    Lol we got the same luck here bro! 😅ocf83fhelrxv.jpg
    Anyways thanks CG I feel like this is the may 4th gift bag, we just got it in advance
  • I dont get how anyone can complain.
    Spending 2-3 weeks to farm a great toon as opposed to 3-4 months is a huge win. I'll gladly make the relic farming sacrifice for a small and valuable butterfly chase.
  • TVF
    27500 posts Member
    PC_LILEDG3 wrote: »
    I dont get how anyone can complain.

    It's the forums. That's what they do.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lol I like how the comparison is that it’s too expensive compared to getting a toon to R5. I’m currently spending 9k crystal every 2 weeks getting toons from R5 to R7. Switching to Moff and dropping 4500 for next 2 weeks is a nice break.
  • I don’t know if I’d need to take anyone to r5 at all now for that. I’ve got a team for each phase already.

    Starving man says to full man: We all have to eat.

    Full man says to starving man: No, that's not true. I don't need to eat at all. I just finished eating 30 minutes ago.

    The fact that you have toons at r5 for RCT is proof not just that we need r5 toons for RCT (we knew that) but further proof that you think it's worth taking toons to r5 for RCT.

    No, you don't need to take every single toon in your inventory to r5, just every single toon you're going to use in RCT, which is exactly what i said:
    or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3.

    In order to get things done in the game, you need a variety of r5 toons for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to getting GLs, fighting Rancor, completing LS TB missions, and for those of us whose guild is close enough that it will make a difference, completing DS TB missions in p4. Obviously there's overlap for many of those toons, but not nearly all. Ahsoka is required at r5+ for her mission with GAS in LS TB p2. GAS is not required for any GL, but is required at r5 for LS TB. GAS is not required, but can be useful depending on your available GLs & other toons in the Rancor raid.

    So, yeah, the game requires r5 for a bunch of things, and it requires low-level relics for even more, but you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by taking it to r5 and the investment required is minimal in comparison to the benefit.

    So me? I'll keep doing that. I'm not sure how many relic toons I have, but it's well over 50 and I'm not done r5ing folks yet.

    As for your statement about GAC:
    Those who keep a careful watch on their matchmaking GP would argue the cost is facing more difficult opponents in GAC.
    I’m not one of those people, by the way, but those people would definitely provide that counter argument.

    Yep, they would. In fact, Konju showed up to make just that argument before I could even notice your comment.

    Like you, I think it's a bad argument. Winning GAC is probably a lot of fun, sure, but the return on your investment is minimal compared to, say, taking top3 in even a single HSTR. Besides, that argument could be used to avoid taking your characters to g10 just as easily as taking your characters to relic-whatever. Refusing to improve your roster because GAC would get harder has no logical endpoint. Might as well quit the game lest you accidentally get a tough matchup & loose.

    I hate that kind of thinking. I'd much rather (and it seems you would too, though I'm not trying to speak for you) see my roster improve every week and lose some GAC rounds than sit on my thumbs & beg the game gods to make everything easy for me.

    There’s a difference between improving your roster while keeping gac in mind and not improving your roster. I don’t know anyone who just doesn’t touch their roster so they can do well in gac. As you said, what would be the point? But they also don’t r3-7 just bc the toon would be better.

    You said “So, yeah, the game requires r5 for a bunch of things, and it requires low-level relics for even more, but you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by taking it to r5 and the investment required is minimal in comparison to the benefit.”

    In your opinion you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by going to r5. People who want to do better in gac have come to the opposite conclusion. And that’s fine imo. Ftr, the people I know who do well in gac also complete cpit, do well in geotb etc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    27500 posts Member
    Hi
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I won't farm him, so I don't care.
  • Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    I don’t know if I’d need to take anyone to r5 at all now for that. I’ve got a team for each phase already.

    Starving man says to full man: We all have to eat.

    Full man says to starving man: No, that's not true. I don't need to eat at all. I just finished eating 30 minutes ago.

    The fact that you have toons at r5 for RCT is proof not just that we need r5 toons for RCT (we knew that) but further proof that you think it's worth taking toons to r5 for RCT.

    No, you don't need to take every single toon in your inventory to r5, just every single toon you're going to use in RCT, which is exactly what i said:
    or, wait, every single toon you're ever going to use in Rancor Challenge Tier, even the ones you're going to feed to Rancor to reset the cooldown of its devour ability in p2 & p3.

    In order to get things done in the game, you need a variety of r5 toons for a variety of purposes, including but not limited to getting GLs, fighting Rancor, completing LS TB missions, and for those of us whose guild is close enough that it will make a difference, completing DS TB missions in p4. Obviously there's overlap for many of those toons, but not nearly all. Ahsoka is required at r5+ for her mission with GAS in LS TB p2. GAS is not required for any GL, but is required at r5 for LS TB. GAS is not required, but can be useful depending on your available GLs & other toons in the Rancor raid.

    So, yeah, the game requires r5 for a bunch of things, and it requires low-level relics for even more, but you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by taking it to r5 and the investment required is minimal in comparison to the benefit.

    So me? I'll keep doing that. I'm not sure how many relic toons I have, but it's well over 50 and I'm not done r5ing folks yet.

    As for your statement about GAC:
    Those who keep a careful watch on their matchmaking GP would argue the cost is facing more difficult opponents in GAC.
    I’m not one of those people, by the way, but those people would definitely provide that counter argument.

    Yep, they would. In fact, Konju showed up to make just that argument before I could even notice your comment.

    Like you, I think it's a bad argument. Winning GAC is probably a lot of fun, sure, but the return on your investment is minimal compared to, say, taking top3 in even a single HSTR. Besides, that argument could be used to avoid taking your characters to g10 just as easily as taking your characters to relic-whatever. Refusing to improve your roster because GAC would get harder has no logical endpoint. Might as well quit the game lest you accidentally get a tough matchup & loose.

    I hate that kind of thinking. I'd much rather (and it seems you would too, though I'm not trying to speak for you) see my roster improve every week and lose some GAC rounds than sit on my thumbs & beg the game gods to make everything easy for me.

    There’s a difference between improving your roster while keeping gac in mind and not improving your roster. I don’t know anyone who just doesn’t touch their roster so they can do well in gac. As you said, what would be the point? But they also don’t r3-7 just bc the toon would be better.

    You said “So, yeah, the game requires r5 for a bunch of things, and it requires low-level relics for even more, but you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by taking it to r5 and the investment required is minimal in comparison to the benefit.”

    In your opinion you get a lot more out of that r1 toon by going to r5. People who want to do better in gac have come to the opposite conclusion. And that’s fine imo. Ftr, the people I know who do well in gac also complete cpit, do well in geotb etc

    This. There's a balance. You can improve your roster strategically to help minimize the negative effects it would have on GAC matchmaking. Often times in GAC, team synergy and mods can be just as important as gear/relic level. Just as an example, look at Triumvirate vs. Geos - a g12+ Treya team can take duwn relic Geos fairly easily. There are numerous other examples where lower - geared (or at least, lower relic) teams can do well against higher ones.

    The toons you are going to take to R5 for RCT should then be useful in other places (arena or GAC). That way, even if they do make GAC matchups more difficult, they also have a benefit in that game mode. JKR, Wat, Thrawn or even Rex or Shaak Ti would be good examples.

    Another way to mitigate the impact of roster upgrades on GAC matchmaking is to hoard the gear and relic materials needed to acquire GLs, but not equip it until you are fully ready to participate in the event. Having 6+ R3-R7 FO toons bloating your GP with no SLKR to lead them will make it tough on GAC when you face basically the same roster - but your opponent does have SLKR.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
Sign In or Register to comment.