Geo spy ship stealth ability vs reinforcment ability

Spankyotoole
12 posts Member
edited February 2021
So i just did a Malv vs Malv fight and never came across this before. Geo spy ability states fbgrs4efnuab.jpg
Nothing is said about cleansing debuffs.

I used my spy reinforcment on enemy spy.
6mufo625r1bn.jpg
It states 2 turns not two hits but enemy spy then got rid of the forced taunt and went into stealth. Is that WAI, known issue or does the actual act of going into stealth cleanse a taunt?

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Taunt as a buff normally overrides stealth.

However, the only debuff similar to this ability is the forced taunt from Deathmark (Marked is usually locked, and/or accompanied by buff immunity, Deathmark isn't), which can be cleansed if the unit affected by it gains stealth.

I'd say this is WAI.
  • in this case taunt is a debuff which is why i was concerned as theres is no mention of a cleanse unless there is a master list of what buffs do to debuffs that im not aware of. very rarely do i mirror match a malv, and just never experienced this before. closest i can think of is juhani sheading her taunt when going to stealth. As for Deathmark, never used a character that can gain stealth only by getting back to 100% hp to avoid it.

only gonna lose 50 crystals for payout which is same as i would have to spend for a refresh so not worried short term, just trying to plan matches.
  • if you put that taunt on an enemy with unending loyalty and you trigger unending loyalty. You'd get stealth, but you don't go in stealth and keep the taunt
  • If your were facing mal the cap ship could have used charging malevolence on their geo spy which cleanses
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Or on Hyena which will make it assist and cleanse the weakest Sep ally.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • so i am aware of malvs special that cleanses but this wasnt the case.
    spy immediately stealthed after being attack despite taunt debuff being on him and cleansed that debuff. all good if its WAI just wasnt expecting it.