QoL: Counter in GC

kiar1404
223 posts Member
edited February 13
Hi,
can we please have a counter for the requirenments in GAC-feats? (e.g. a counter for stun-tries)

thanks for reading
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • CG, probably: no
  • Kyno
    31115 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.
  • Kyno
    31115 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.
  • The Unity update and new tools should make it easier to update, right?
  • Gifafi
    5627 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Someone said they told us that? Pretty sure kyno just told you, so look up?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    30950 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Might want to read again.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Doesn't the fact that it was discussed, yet there's nothing in the works, mean that the answer is currently a no? If it weren't, then either (a) we'd have a counter in game already, or (b) they'd be working on one.

    Just because it's a possibility in the future (who knows when) doesn't mean the answer isn't no right now in this instance.

  • Gifafi wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Someone said they told us that? Pretty sure kyno just told you, so look up?
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Might want to read again.

    So you're saying that Kyno is the one that told me? That's not really the same as CG telling me.
  • TVF
    30950 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Someone said they told us that? Pretty sure kyno just told you, so look up?
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Might want to read again.

    So you're saying that Kyno is the one that told me? That's not really the same as CG telling me.

    Read again again.
    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility

    Does not say anything about you or anyone else that doesn't work there.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Someone said they told us that? Pretty sure kyno just told you, so look up?
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Might want to read again.

    So you're saying that Kyno is the one that told me? That's not really the same as CG telling me.

    Read again again.
    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility

    Does not say anything about you or anyone else that doesn't work there.

    I see. Guess I just assumed he meant CG had discussed it. If they haven't discussed it it's not actually a possibility then.
  • Kyno
    31115 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Doesn't the fact that it was discussed, yet there's nothing in the works, mean that the answer is currently a no? If it weren't, then either (a) we'd have a counter in game already, or (b) they'd be working on one.

    Just because it's a possibility in the future (who knows when) doesn't mean the answer isn't no right now in this instance.

    Isnt that exactly what I said..... "possibilty, but not currently in the works"

    But that's also as far as I know, they could have something in the very early stages that just doesnt trickle up to the people we talk to.

    But in any sort of development process, things are not a no, until they are a no. Often times things end up on a list and as priorities shift and move around or things come up, or go better than expected, the list grows/shrinks/gets reprioritized. This leaves things that until the list is closed out or a decision is made, it's not a no. It's a not right now. If it was a no, then it would be a no never going to happen.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Doesn't the fact that it was discussed, yet there's nothing in the works, mean that the answer is currently a no? If it weren't, then either (a) we'd have a counter in game already, or (b) they'd be working on one.

    Just because it's a possibility in the future (who knows when) doesn't mean the answer isn't no right now in this instance.

    Isnt that exactly what I said..... "possibilty, but not currently in the works"

    But that's also as far as I know, they could have something in the very early stages that just doesnt trickle up to the people we talk to.

    But in any sort of development process, things are not a no, until they are a no. Often times things end up on a list and as priorities shift and move around or things come up, or go better than expected, the list grows/shrinks/gets reprioritized. This leaves things that until the list is closed out or a decision is made, it's not a no. It's a not right now. If it was a no, then it would be a no never going to happen.

    Yes but given that a discussion happened and the decision was made not to get working on it, that means that it's a no right now. A no right now doesn't preclude the possibility of it still making into the game...eventually. But as things stand, there are no plans to give us a counter, which makes it a no doesn't it? I sincerely doubt that anyone asking for a counter is asking as in "will we get a counter during the lifespan of the game?", to which your point would be valid. But what I think most people are asking is more like "are we getting a counter anytime soon because this is getting annoying having to count manually", to which it looks like the answer is nope.

    I do get your point that maybe there's something in the very early stages. But they've been running these kinds of feats for months now, and this is literally the first time I've heard of confirmation that they've discussed it. It's getting really frustrating having to manually keep track of stuns or heals or damage or whatever when we can't even be sure what exactly has counted, and giving us a "it might possibly in the future maybe, we'll see" isn't alleviating that frustration.
  • Kyno
    31115 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Doesn't the fact that it was discussed, yet there's nothing in the works, mean that the answer is currently a no? If it weren't, then either (a) we'd have a counter in game already, or (b) they'd be working on one.

    Just because it's a possibility in the future (who knows when) doesn't mean the answer isn't no right now in this instance.

    Isnt that exactly what I said..... "possibilty, but not currently in the works"

    But that's also as far as I know, they could have something in the very early stages that just doesnt trickle up to the people we talk to.

    But in any sort of development process, things are not a no, until they are a no. Often times things end up on a list and as priorities shift and move around or things come up, or go better than expected, the list grows/shrinks/gets reprioritized. This leaves things that until the list is closed out or a decision is made, it's not a no. It's a not right now. If it was a no, then it would be a no never going to happen.

    Yes but given that a discussion happened and the decision was made not to get working on it, that means that it's a no right now. A no right now doesn't preclude the possibility of it still making into the game...eventually. But as things stand, there are no plans to give us a counter, which makes it a no doesn't it? I sincerely doubt that anyone asking for a counter is asking as in "will we get a counter during the lifespan of the game?", to which your point would be valid. But what I think most people are asking is more like "are we getting a counter anytime soon because this is getting annoying having to count manually", to which it looks like the answer is nope.

    I do get your point that maybe there's something in the very early stages. But they've been running these kinds of feats for months now, and this is literally the first time I've heard of confirmation that they've discussed it. It's getting really frustrating having to manually keep track of stuns or heals or damage or whatever when we can't even be sure what exactly has counted, and giving us a "it might possibly in the future maybe, we'll see" isn't alleviating that frustration.

    The discussion was too recent for it to be in game at this point, and I also haven't asked about it since.

    Generally the development cycle doesn't really work that way, "new things" dont "start today" in that way. Things they are putting out "today" were on a list at some point and get "handed out" as one thing comes to a close.

    Yes when I say it's a possiblity, I dont mean they may get to it at some point in the lifespan of the game. If that is the sense I am getting, to me that's a "no".
  • TVF
    30950 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Someone said they told us that? Pretty sure kyno just told you, so look up?
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    CG, probably forums: no

    Fixed that for you.

    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility, but not currently in the works, as far as I know.

    Where has it been discussed and verified as a possibility?

    Also, since the last QoL update was 2 years ago, not currently in the works means it's probably never actually going to happen.

    I see no need to continue down this unconstructive path with you.

    Your negative view point on the subject is not necessary or helpful, and is quite wrong on what the future will be.

    Not that you care, but my negative view point exists only because of CG's actions over the last couple of years.

    Not sure why you won't show me where they told us they said the counters were a possibility though.

    Might want to read again.

    So you're saying that Kyno is the one that told me? That's not really the same as CG telling me.

    Read again again.
    This is something that has been discussed and is a possibility

    Does not say anything about you or anyone else that doesn't work there.

    I see. Guess I just assumed he meant CG had discussed it. If they haven't discussed it it's not actually a possibility then.

    He did mean that. You said....

    Ugh so not worth it.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Please change the title - they're Galactic Challenges or "GC", not "GAC" (which to most of us means "Grand Arena Championship".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Thank you! :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
Sign In or Register to comment.