Galactic Challenge feats 2/15 [MERGE]

1235Next

Replies

  • Olderaan wrote: »
    Something is wrong here. I shock them, I fracture them, I isolate them... but despite all attempts, their protection is constantly recharged. Is this WAI? Based on Bossk's leader ability the protection recovery is working when an enemy debuffed, this is ok so far (because of the DOT event special), but a shock or a fracture should prevent it, right?

    None of the things you listed will restrict protection regen.
  • Olderaan wrote: »
    Something is wrong here. I shock them, I fracture them, I isolate them... but despite all attempts, their protection is constantly recharged. Is this WAI? Based on Bossk's leader ability the protection recovery is working when an enemy debuffed, this is ok so far (because of the DOT event special), but a shock or a fracture should prevent it, right?

    Fracture doesn't prevent healing.

    Shock only prevents health recovery, not protection recovery.
  • Shock prevents health recovery, not protection recovery. It's working as intended. Healing Immunity prevents both.

    Fracture does not prevent healing, either health or protection. Also WAI.
  • All right, thanks for educate me! :)
  • Shock also prevents us from recovering. Well done CG!!
  • Tiig
    195 posts Member
    Yeah I thought that Kylos damage immunity should prevent damage. But apparently that’s not the case.

    I saw him disintegrate Jango with damage immunity from PO too. I put that down to same reason Nihulus can annihilate - instantly killing isn't doing damage. The disintegrate works on the same principle, and against GLs registers the damage because it's not strictly "damage"? Does sound like it's not WAI though.
  • Tiig
    195 posts Member
    Calagon wrote: »
    Calagon wrote: »
    I mean, the challenges at this point are about figuring out what tickets you can get where with which teams, not getting the same tickets for every feat in each tier.

    I figure most active players would at least have Jango, Canderous and Sabine at 7* and 85, and maybe Gar and ISC as well. We all got Mando and Armorer at 3*, and they're both good enough to get a few tickets if you can get them geared high enough. I had the fortune of having enough gear saved up to be able to gear Armorer to X and Mando to XI last time this feat was available. They're both at 3* and 5* respectively, and with good mods are good enough to do decent damage below tier 5.

    As frustrating as it is to not completely finish every tier's feats, you can still upgrade your rewards chest once or twice with feats that are not faction-related.

    Okay, so having had the chance to play THIS particular Galactic Challenge... Yeah, this is some ****. Even with my SE team, Revan R7, Malak R5, Bastilla R5, HK R4 and SM R4, I can't even come CLOSE to beating the challenge on tier V, let alone VI or VII. I went from one-shotting each enemy on tier IV to every single one of my hits doing 3/4 protection at most and healed through immediately on tier V. CG either did not do any testing or do not care if no one can beat the challenges with some of the best teams available at the end of the game.

    So don't use SE team. It's also about roster depth.
  • 3x Massive Damage not killing Bossk makes me so, so sad...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Tiig wrote: »
    Yeah I thought that Kylos damage immunity should prevent damage. But apparently that’s not the case.

    I saw him disintegrate Jango with damage immunity from PO too. I put that down to same reason Nihulus can annihilate - instantly killing isn't doing damage. The disintegrate works on the same principle, and against GLs registers the damage because it's not strictly "damage"? Does sound like it's not WAI though.

    Well you’re partially right. Damage immunity is preventing damage therefore won’t cause damage but still makes you susceptible to insta kill moves like annihilate or disintegrate. However even though against GL’s it caused damage it still wouldn’t matter against Kylo in his ultimate or Rey considering that Kylo takes zero damage and can’t be defeated in his ultimate.
    For Rey she would only take 1 damage in her ultimate. Now I’m not sure if you can defeat other toons on Rey’s team with annihilate or the like while her ultimate is up but I think it can be done.

    Therefore, you’re right in that it’s not WAI but is of course being ignored even though it’s a blatant bug
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Tiig wrote: »
    Yeah I thought that Kylos damage immunity should prevent damage. But apparently that’s not the case.

    I saw him disintegrate Jango with damage immunity from PO too. I put that down to same reason Nihulus can annihilate - instantly killing isn't doing damage. The disintegrate works on the same principle, and against GLs registers the damage because it's not strictly "damage"? Does sound like it's not WAI though.

    Well you’re partially right. Damage immunity is preventing damage therefore won’t cause damage but still makes you susceptible to insta kill moves like annihilate or disintegrate. However even though against GL’s it caused damage it still wouldn’t matter against Kylo in his ultimate or Rey considering that Kylo takes zero damage and can’t be defeated in his ultimate.
    For Rey she would only take 1 damage in her ultimate. Now I’m not sure if you can defeat other toons on Rey’s team with annihilate or the like while her ultimate is up but I think it can be done.

    Therefore, you’re right in that it’s not WAI but is of course being ignored even though it’s a blatant bug

    You can Annihilate Rey's allies in her Ult.

    And the Disintegrate damage has been flagged as a bug via AHQ.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Tiig wrote: »
    Yeah I thought that Kylos damage immunity should prevent damage. But apparently that’s not the case.

    I saw him disintegrate Jango with damage immunity from PO too. I put that down to same reason Nihulus can annihilate - instantly killing isn't doing damage. The disintegrate works on the same principle, and against GLs registers the damage because it's not strictly "damage"? Does sound like it's not WAI though.

    Well you’re partially right. Damage immunity is preventing damage therefore won’t cause damage but still makes you susceptible to insta kill moves like annihilate or disintegrate. However even though against GL’s it caused damage it still wouldn’t matter against Kylo in his ultimate or Rey considering that Kylo takes zero damage and can’t be defeated in his ultimate.
    For Rey she would only take 1 damage in her ultimate. Now I’m not sure if you can defeat other toons on Rey’s team with annihilate or the like while her ultimate is up but I think it can be done.

    Therefore, you’re right in that it’s not WAI but is of course being ignored even though it’s a blatant bug

    You can Annihilate Rey's allies in her Ult.

    And the Disintegrate damage has been flagged as a bug via AHQ.

    That’s what I thought. I never run DN since I don’t have SEE but I figured as much.

    Glad that it’s been flagged and it’ll be tossed in the overflowing bug bin lol
  • Gifafi
    5225 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Which F2P player would spend their hard earned crystals on one of the worst / the worst legendaries ever?
    Yeah, F2P players could get Beskar Mando, but investing in him over useful characters does not make sense from a F2P perspective. -> Beskar Mando is P2P

    While I obviously disagree that BAM is P2P (he is f2p accessible after all), I do agree with your sentiment. For most f2p players - who are caught between pursuing GLs, helping their guild in TBs (which requires GLs - but sometimes different ones, if, say your talking about LSTB and helping in raids, for which SLKR is best) and competing in squad arena and GAC - choosing to spend resources to obtain BAM is, for a majority of them, is not a wise decision.

    That said, I realize that CG's goal is for f2p players to become p2p. But I think people acting like f2p players should have everything available in the game, simply because it's f2p accessible, is a bit disingenuous. F2P players have to make choices - and BAM is pretty far down the list of most f2p priorities.

    Choosing to get bam over a gl for a few prize boxes seems -EV to me.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Which F2P player would spend their hard earned crystals on one of the worst / the worst legendaries ever?
    Yeah, F2P players could get Beskar Mando, but investing in him over useful characters does not make sense from a F2P perspective. -> Beskar Mando is P2P

    While I obviously disagree that BAM is P2P (he is f2p accessible after all), I do agree with your sentiment. For most f2p players - who are caught between pursuing GLs, helping their guild in TBs (which requires GLs - but sometimes different ones, if, say your talking about LSTB and helping in raids, for which SLKR is best) and competing in squad arena and GAC - choosing to spend resources to obtain BAM is, for a majority of them, is not a wise decision.

    That said, I realize that CG's goal is for f2p players to become p2p. But I think people acting like f2p players should have everything available in the game, simply because it's f2p accessible, is a bit disingenuous. F2P players have to make choices - and BAM is pretty far down the list of most f2p priorities.

    Choosing to get bam over a gl for a few prize boxes seems -EV to me.

    How does farming a couple hard nodes mean you've chosen BAM over a GL?
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Which F2P player would spend their hard earned crystals on one of the worst / the worst legendaries ever?
    Yeah, F2P players could get Beskar Mando, but investing in him over useful characters does not make sense from a F2P perspective. -> Beskar Mando is P2P

    While I obviously disagree that BAM is P2P (he is f2p accessible after all), I do agree with your sentiment. For most f2p players - who are caught between pursuing GLs, helping their guild in TBs (which requires GLs - but sometimes different ones, if, say your talking about LSTB and helping in raids, for which SLKR is best) and competing in squad arena and GAC - choosing to spend resources to obtain BAM is, for a majority of them, is not a wise decision.

    That said, I realize that CG's goal is for f2p players to become p2p. But I think people acting like f2p players should have everything available in the game, simply because it's f2p accessible, is a bit disingenuous. F2P players have to make choices - and BAM is pretty far down the list of most f2p priorities.

    Choosing to get bam over a gl for a few prize boxes seems -EV to me.

    How does farming a couple hard nodes mean you've chosen BAM over a GL?

    Cause that’s a lot of energy you could use for farming gear/other required rooms like the resistance bros. Unless you’re doing multiple crystal refreshes for energy at least into 100, you’re limiting yourself pretty hard if you’re going after the mando character nodes
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Which F2P player would spend their hard earned crystals on one of the worst / the worst legendaries ever?
    Yeah, F2P players could get Beskar Mando, but investing in him over useful characters does not make sense from a F2P perspective. -> Beskar Mando is P2P

    While I obviously disagree that BAM is P2P (he is f2p accessible after all), I do agree with your sentiment. For most f2p players - who are caught between pursuing GLs, helping their guild in TBs (which requires GLs - but sometimes different ones, if, say your talking about LSTB and helping in raids, for which SLKR is best) and competing in squad arena and GAC - choosing to spend resources to obtain BAM is, for a majority of them, is not a wise decision.

    That said, I realize that CG's goal is for f2p players to become p2p. But I think people acting like f2p players should have everything available in the game, simply because it's f2p accessible, is a bit disingenuous. F2P players have to make choices - and BAM is pretty far down the list of most f2p priorities.

    Choosing to get bam over a gl for a few prize boxes seems -EV to me.

    How does farming a couple hard nodes mean you've chosen BAM over a GL?

    If you're only "farming a couple of hard nodes" and not dumping crystals to refresh them and the corresponding energy, and buying shards from shipments you haven't unlocked BAM yet. Therefore, ergo, hence, the point is moot.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Which F2P player would spend their hard earned crystals on one of the worst / the worst legendaries ever?
    Yeah, F2P players could get Beskar Mando, but investing in him over useful characters does not make sense from a F2P perspective. -> Beskar Mando is P2P

    While I obviously disagree that BAM is P2P (he is f2p accessible after all), I do agree with your sentiment. For most f2p players - who are caught between pursuing GLs, helping their guild in TBs (which requires GLs - but sometimes different ones, if, say your talking about LSTB and helping in raids, for which SLKR is best) and competing in squad arena and GAC - choosing to spend resources to obtain BAM is, for a majority of them, is not a wise decision.

    That said, I realize that CG's goal is for f2p players to become p2p. But I think people acting like f2p players should have everything available in the game, simply because it's f2p accessible, is a bit disingenuous. F2P players have to make choices - and BAM is pretty far down the list of most f2p priorities.

    Choosing to get bam over a gl for a few prize boxes seems -EV to me.

    How does farming a couple hard nodes mean you've chosen BAM over a GL?

    If you're only "farming a couple of hard nodes" and not dumping crystals to refresh them and the corresponding energy, and buying shards from shipments you haven't unlocked BAM yet. Therefore, ergo, hence, the point is moot.

    I was doing 15/day (was do-able without buying energy) on 11 and Kuiil after doing 3x100 when they were in Cantina. I unlocked BAM a few weeks ago. It did not take away from my gear farming for SLK requirements.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Which F2P player would spend their hard earned crystals on one of the worst / the worst legendaries ever?
    Yeah, F2P players could get Beskar Mando, but investing in him over useful characters does not make sense from a F2P perspective. -> Beskar Mando is P2P

    While I obviously disagree that BAM is P2P (he is f2p accessible after all), I do agree with your sentiment. For most f2p players - who are caught between pursuing GLs, helping their guild in TBs (which requires GLs - but sometimes different ones, if, say your talking about LSTB and helping in raids, for which SLKR is best) and competing in squad arena and GAC - choosing to spend resources to obtain BAM is, for a majority of them, is not a wise decision.

    That said, I realize that CG's goal is for f2p players to become p2p. But I think people acting like f2p players should have everything available in the game, simply because it's f2p accessible, is a bit disingenuous. F2P players have to make choices - and BAM is pretty far down the list of most f2p priorities.

    Choosing to get bam over a gl for a few prize boxes seems -EV to me.

    How does farming a couple hard nodes mean you've chosen BAM over a GL?

    If you're only "farming a couple of hard nodes" and not dumping crystals to refresh them and the corresponding energy, and buying shards from shipments you haven't unlocked BAM yet. Therefore, ergo, hence, the point is moot.

    I was doing 15/day (was do-able without buying energy) on 11 and Kuiil after doing 3x100 when they were in Cantina. I unlocked BAM a few weeks ago. It did not take away from my gear farming for SLK requirements.

    That’s lucky, I did the same and just unlocked him.
  • I just learned something new, Mandos disintegrate works against Supreme Kylo even when he’s in his ultimate stance.

    This is exciting.
Sign In or Register to comment.