Fleet Store - Sun Fac's Ship

Schwartzring
1402 posts Member
edited February 2021
Hey all,

I found this Reddit when I first started farming ships 2 years ago & its always been solid for me & what I've seen has been pretty comparable to what this guy tracked over a couple months.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/911bdu/fleet_store_appearance_rates/

With one glaring issue.

Sun Fac's Ship

I've been farming it for a while now since late last year & its VERY RARELY there.

The Reddit has it listed as 50% with FO TIE.

But I feel its more like 80/20 similar to the Sgt / Rex node.

In the couple months I've been farming, Spy has gone from 2* to 7* & Soldier from 5* to 7*.
Meanwhile, Sun Fac has gone from 4* to 6* and that is WITH me farming his Fleet Node as well.

So just wondering if anyone can add some insight here.

I've never tracked it myself, but when I did FO TIE long ago I recall it went quickly.

And this year so far Sun Fac is NOT going fast at all.

Am I having 2 months of bad RNG or is this reddit possibly wrong & you all don't see it often either?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    You shouldn't be farming Sun Fac's ship in the fleet store.

Sun Fac's ship is available in the GW store for a much less precious currency. It comes up often. You shouldn't touch it in Fleet Store.

Fleet might be a place to pick up shards of Sun Fac the character, if you need them in a hurry, but NEVER for Sun Fac's ship.
  • You shouldn't be farming Sun Fac's ship in the fleet store.

Sun Fac's ship is available in the GW store for a much less precious currency. It comes up often. You shouldn't touch it in Fleet Store.

Fleet might be a place to pick up shards of Sun Fac the character, if you need them in a hurry, but NEVER for Sun Fac's ship.

This is true. Today I bought 12 shards of Sun Fac’s ship in the GW store (shard shop currency, but still). The Geos very frequently shown up there.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    It comes up often.

Yeah, MS, I agree with you in so many things.......but not here.

If it showed up often in GWar, I wouldn't have made the post about Fleet Store to begin with.

Sun Fac is a RARE spawn in the GWar store from all I've seen.

Like I said, I've purchased him EVERY time he's popped in EITHER store for about 2 months.

AND farmed him in Fleet Node.

He's moved from 4* to 6* and he's my #1 priority farm in the game this year.

Seriously, its been INSANELY SLOW.

• Today I bought 12 shards of Sun Fac’s ship in the GW store (shard shop currency, but still). The Geos very frequently shown up there.

You just had a HUGE amount of luck to get a ship that ONLY spawns in 1 slot of the 3 show up in 3 of the 4 store rotations that day.

See this snip from the G-War wiki.

fkecfmynpmmm.png

The snip shows 5 ships in that slow all with the same spawn rate, so I'm guessing its 20% each.

SOME Geo ships are common, Soldier & Spy sure. Sun Fac, not so much.
  • Fleet store is ONLY for zeta mats period.

Off topic.
    The question is do you feel its actually 50/50 with FO-TIE.

As for Zetas, I'll just agree to disagree, my Zeta's are coming along fine, even before deciding to farm Sun Fac the coins were going to MAX ships for Shard Currency.

• The Reddit has it listed as 50% with FO TIE.

Ah well if you feel it’s more like that it must be true then

DarthNoscoper#6969
  • The Reddit has it listed as 50% with FO TIE.

Ah well if you feel it’s more like that it must be true then

Sigh, I didn't say it was.

I tracked farm rates for a freaking year just to have data when people complain about low drop rates.

I'm simply asking if anyone has more info or have tracked it in the past.

I've been buying for a couple months, not tracking, just buying, every single day, hitting both GWar & Fleet & I've gone from 130-ish shards to 269 in 2 months.

Meanwhile Spy has gone from 30 shards to 332.
    Soldier was 160-ish & is now 328 and I was actively skipping him a lot since he was highest.

The website shows Sun Fac only spawning in 1 of the 3 slots in G-War & I can confirm I've only ever found him there.
    He's one of 5 ships in that store & I can confirm I've rarely seen him, not daily, every few days.

Meanwhile the Reddit has 50/50 listed in that node.
    At 3 spawns a day I should see him 1-2x a day.
    That isn't the case.
    I've only managed to buy him every couple/few days.

I can start tracking it as of today, but I came here looking to get any info from the community that might blatantly disagree with the Reddit which short of this 1 node, I've always agreed with the info there.

It worth both ways too, when I was farming FO TIE I found it there all the time & rarely saw Sun's ship back then but didn't mind when it was in my favor :)

Way to be useful btw.
  • The original link you posted was for Fleet Store, not GW. If all you want is info about Fleet Store, here is the info from the wiki.SWGOH.help page on Fleet Store shipments:

bl2gty8j0uxc.png

As you can see, FOTF is listed as having a "high" rate & Sun Fac listed as having a "low" rate. I have no reason to disbelieve your 80/20 estimate, but I also have no reason to think it should be anything else. I would never expect 50/50 from their info. I suspect that redditor made a mistake or just collected too little data or something. It's not meant to be equal.

As for GW Store, well, if you prioritize Sun Fac in GW store and keep a stash of GW Tokens that are only used for that ship (so you never miss it for being out of tokens at the time) then you should average about 3 shards per day from GW.

In 2 months (60 days) the average take would be about 190-ish blueprints. You've pulled in about 140 blueprints, so I imagine that you're not always saving tokens to make sure that you can buy the rarest of your 3 purchase priorities whenever it appears. Since you're only 71 blueprints away, that's about 3 more weeks of collecting from GW only, should you go that route.

However, if you like the Fleet Store route, well, I'd expect the 20% drop rate to hold, or thereabouts.

If the image doesn't display (I've had bad luck lately) you can find it here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/734521429818605668/811446426679902208/Sun_Fac_drop_rate_fleet_store.png
  • The original link you posted was for Fleet Store, not GW. If all you want is info about Fleet Store, here is the info from the wiki.SWGOH.help page on Fleet Store shipments:

As you can see, FOTF is listed as having a "high" rate & Sun Fac listed as having a "low" rate. I have no reason to disbelieve your 80/20 estimate, but I also have no reason to think it should be anything else. I would never expect 50/50 from their info. I suspect that redditor made a mistake or just collected too little data or something. It's not meant to be equal.

As for GW Store, well, if you prioritize Sun Fac in GW store and keep a stash of GW Tokens that are only used for that ship (so you never miss it for being out of tokens at the time) then you should average about 3 shards per day from GW.

In 2 months (60 days) the average take would be about 190-ish blueprints. You've pulled in about 140 blueprints, so I imagine that you're not always saving tokens to make sure that you can buy the rarest of your 3 purchase priorities whenever it appears. Since you're only 71 blueprints away, that's about 3 more weeks of collecting from GW only, should you go that route.

However, if you like the Fleet Store route, well, I'd expect the 20% drop rate to hold, or thereabouts.

Thanks MS!

I'm not sure why I hadn't seen the Wiki page for the Fleet Store when I was google searching.
    I kept finding the Fleet Arena discussions & guides.

Yep, I know the original Link was for the Fleet store.
    I found that Reddit to be really useful since it had %'s listed & was based on 2 full months of tracking.

Sadly if you think about it, 2 months is only 180 "rotations" so agreed its not the biggest pool of data.
    And like I said, I always found it to be accurate to what I've seen in that store when farming over the last 22 months.
    This Sun Fac issue (And FO TIE in same node) is the one exception for that data.

Between the Wiki/GWar & Reddit/Fleet I had basic data that seemed mostly correct.

Its nice to see the Wiki confirms there is a different relation of High/Low between them.

As for location, I've been farming both, & how I usually do it is don't purchase anything at Midnight, 6AM unless it was a GEO & don't blow out excess coins for the day till the 6PM rotation.
    So no, I don't usually run out, very rare actually. I normally will roll a "purchase" amount of 400+ tokens into the next day actually.
    Ditto fleet, I'll usually only go for the rarest ships at Noon & save everything for 6PM/9PM rotations right around payout time so I don't run out.

If I assume both now are 20% each, GWar is 1/5 ships, Fleet maybe being 80/20 like the Rex node, it gives 7 chances a day for that 1/5-20% shot. Not surprising to miss entire days or 2.

Not much different than going 1/10 on a gear node instead of 2/10.

It was the "Base 50/50" on Reddit that was throwing me off & making me expect more

It would be great if Wiki had the actual %'s listed instead of High/Avg/Low.
  • Fleet store is ONLY for zeta mats period.

Nah, also I use it for shard currency, I don't have too much of it and I REALLY need more those G12+ pieces than the zeta mats at this moment
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Fleet store is ONLY for zeta mats period.

The best part about periods is how they often are misplaced.

I have over 500 zeta mats. If you were in my position would you rather have 520 zeta mats, or more shard shop currency?

EDIT: Ugh ninja'd directly above me lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Agreed.
    Till I decided it was time to do the Geo Ships for a 4th fleet, as I am on the verge of hitting Division-2, I had been doing nothing but buying Max Ships/Characters in every store for the gear shards.
    Between Stun Guns & G12 pieces it is a never ending grind.
  • Today I bought 12 shards of Sun Fac’s ship in the GW store (shard shop currency, but still). The Geos very frequently shown up there.

You just had a HUGE amount of luck to get a ship that ONLY spawns in 1 slot of the 3 show up in 3 of the 4 store rotations that day.

fkecfmynpmmm.png

The snip shows 5 ships in that slow all with the same spawn rate, so I'm guessing its 20% each.

Maybe 2 of them were one of the other Geos then, I really didn’t pay THAT close of attention lol.

fkecfmynpmmm.png

Maybe 2 of them were one of the other Geos then, I really didn’t pay THAT close of attention lol.

Point remains, it’s much easier to farm it from the GW store the fleet.
  • Oh Agreed.

I have been farming at BOTH the entire time.

The reason I asked is I was fully expecting like a 20% Spawn Rate in G-War, but, the info I had showed that Fleet should have been giving me a 50/50 rate.

So, when I wasn't getting that, I started to wonder if the data was wrong & what other people were seeing.

Now, from the link that M.Seedy provided, there is a confirmation on what I'm seeing & it directly contradicts what the previous info showed.

I'm thinking that 1st link I had is flawed for that slot. Either a Typo or Small Sample as M.Seedy suggested.

Sun Fac was to me already the most important as a "Tank" but now since it seems to be the lowest spawn rate in both locations of the 3 Geo Ships, he's one that should be pushed from both locations & start farming him earlier than the other & with priority to buy if your limited tokens.