Grand Arena

Droidguy_1
7 posts Member
edited February 2021
It really sucks that CG still doesn’t allow you to join Grand Arena, then if you upgrade a character, be able to leave and rejoin like we can with territory wars. I know it’s my fault I missed grand arena because I didn’t join in time, but I was waiting for TB rewards so I could try to upgrade one character before joining. If CG could trouble themselves to do this, I could have joined last night with the hopes of upgrading before start. In my case, I got stuck on the road with no cell service at work and missed the whole GD thing. Why does this have to be so inconvenient? Why so hard to change this? If you can do it with territory wars, why can’t it be added to Grand Arena? It’s killing me.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• It's been explained before. Not by CG though. Main reason is mathematics. The real main reason is it is too expensive......
  • It scares me that a billion dollar mobile game doesn’t have the ability to fix a problem like this because it’s too expensive... it is concerning to me to the point I’m rethinking spending money on a game that apparently isn’t viable long term. If the small cost of that sort of upgrade is too much for the business to soak up, that’s pretty telling. Maybe CG just needs better software engineers, or better $ management... lol. Time to cut the catering by French Laundry I guess and save enough money for a quality of life upgrade the whole swgoh community can get behind.
  • Noone said it's too expensive, that's just typical serial complainer speak to tag everything with.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Noone said it's too expensive, that's just typical serial complainer speak to tag everything with.

In a q and a session they did "reject" an upgrade saying it was too expensive. That's on them not on us...
  • Better just to make sure your mods are in place and join. Rarely will one upgrade make or break your GAC outcomes but joining with mods missing or forgetting to join a GA will really mess up your GAC.
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Noone said it's too expensive, that's just typical serial complainer speak to tag everything with.

In a q and a session they did "reject" an upgrade saying it was too expensive. That's on them not on us...

Please show the quote.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228085/developer-q-a-04-23-2020

“ When you start to think about all the different permutations that players would want to be able to try out (pick units, set ability levels, set mods, can event creatures be there, etc), it's very expensive.”

One example of them using it as an excuse.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228085/developer-q-a-04-23-2020

“ When you start to think about all the different permutations that players would want to be able to try out (pick units, set ability levels, set mods, can event creatures be there, etc), it's very expensive.”

I know the "too expensive" quote. Just not in this context, hence my above reply it's the new fav of serial complainers.

I know the "too expensive" quote. Just not in this context, hence my above reply it's the new fav of serial complainers.

So they can continue to reject new features due to expense, but unless it is used in this exact context then people can’t use refer to them?

Ridiculous.

So they can continue to reject new features due to expense, but unless it is used in this exact context then people can’t use refer to them?

Ridiculous.

They reject all new features because it's too expensive? Guess this game will never get any more updates if that's the case.

Ridiculous.

They reject all new features because it's too expensive? Guess this game will never get any more updates if that's the case.

Welcome to the point.

Ridiculous.

Welcome to the point.

Ok, since this is not what's happening, I can ignore it.
  • Even if CG can't/won't implement a join/leave button like in TW, they could so very easily add a confirmation prompt to the GAC join button:

"Are you sure you want to join GAC at this time?"

They did it for zeta's, they did it for Wandering Scavengers and Data Disk stores in Conquest.

Please, please CG, add a prompt to the GAC join button!
    It will be a HUGE quality of life update for us!