Mace Windu - why should he be a GL or stronger in general? Serious Question

124Next

Replies

  • Konju wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Yes, totalitarian governments are best. **** is great. Oh, you made a mistake...force choke to death = Fitting punishment. I used you as a pawn to gain personal power...now you die = Fool me once, shame on me obviously....Tricky Palps. The empire sure was great. Remember when they blew up Alderaan? Such unbelievable/incredible peace and stability...
    Everyone in the galaxy knew Alderaan was against the empire and funded the Rebels. Instead of getting trillions killed over a silly rebellion, empire decided to end the war with 1 massive below to the rebellion, (just like how USA beat Japan in ww2) but the rebels in defiance destroyed a moon size space station with billions of people in it, both civilians and army personal were murdered in billions!
    Governments are never perfect, but a republic is much better than a dictatorship. The empire was monstrous in ways human history cannot compare. Search your feelings, you know this to be true. Heck, even Darth Vader jumped ship.
    Republic was so corrupt that caused a massive Civil War in the entire galaxy, they got trillions killed and mass produced clone soldiers against their wills and sent them to war and got them all killed, on top of it they built devices that made it possible to mind control people and make them do whatever they want.

    And let's not* forgot how Republic couldn't even protect its allies against assassination attempts, heck they got their leader kidnapped and almost failed to prevent him getting assassinated

    Right, except your scenario would be like if Germany detonated the bomb over the US or Russia in WW2. Also, the space station had already obliterated a planet with intention to do it again. Where does it stop? The destruction of the weapon, that’s where.

    The emperor caused the civil war. The emperor was behind everything. Now he determines the fates of everyone. Ideal leader. The corruption in the Galactic Senate was quite comparable to what we see in US politics.

    Yes Palpy did a great job getting himself captured. He was a trickster that has influenced even those in the real world to think he is peaceful and just. Sorry, you are simply wrong.

    The station was about to end the threat of the rebels, it wouldn't had fired its weapon again after that, it would be used as fear factor against any other group who would dare threaten the peace and stability of the galaxy, just like how a nuclear bomb percents wars to happen.

    They were no emperor when civil war happened, bunch of corrupt senators decided to start the war.

    Chancellor Palpatine didn't get himself captured, Republic defenses failed and let the separatist get into the capital planet of Republic.

    Believe they wouldn’t have used it again at your own peril. 5 planets were destroyed by the FO, guided by Palpy later on. It’s really not the same by any means.

    True, a horrible senator playing both sides who became the emperor started this conflict.

    Believe what you will on Palpy being captured.

    In our world we have Germany and Japan as members of the UN. The empire was not interested in negotiations. Dictatorships are rarely good as individuals are corruptible. Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree.

    What's first order? Palpy destroyed 5 planets? You mean the guy who git killed by the chosen one? Man that sounds like fan fiction to me, a bad one at that.

    Yes, we will have to agree to disagree at this point and not derail the topic anymore lol.

    On the bad fan fiction we can agree. Haha. Still a fun discussion.

    Oh btw, no GL Mace. Rework would be great though.
  • Guys, if they're trolling you'll never change their mind.

    If they're not trolling then they're probably going to show up on an FBI watchlist soon.

    Either way, engaging in the "Well, actually, the empire was good" quote-unquote debate is a waste of time and you're just going to bash your head into a wall. Move on.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Guys, if they're trolling you'll never change their mind.

    If they're not trolling then they're probably going to show up on an FBI watchlist soon.

    Either way, engaging in the "Well, actually, the empire was good" quote-unquote debate is a waste of time and you're just going to bash your head into a wall. Move on.

    We did. Thanks for that though, now I want to continue (I won’t). 😂 In general, how does telling people what to do work out for you? You are just like the empire.
  • LordDirt
    2006 posts Member
    edited February 20
    The Jedi history is full of telling people what to do and committing mass murder. The Republic would ask planets to join and if they didn’t they were forced to. Please do not think the Jedi and the Republic were good.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    The Jedi history is full of telling people what to do and committing mass murder. The Republic would ask planets to join and if they didn’t they were forced to. Please do not think the Jedi and the Republic were good.

    At best, what you claim seems equally terrible as the actions of the empire. However the portrayal you describe was not in the movies. Please do not think the Sith and the Empire were good.

    If you prefer total-itarian governments, then feel free to move to North Korea as their style of government will suit your preference. Done. Out.
  • Konju wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The Jedi history is full of telling people what to do and committing mass murder. The Republic would ask planets to join and if they didn’t they were forced to. Please do not think the Jedi and the Republic were good.

    At best, what you claim seems equally terrible as the actions of the empire. However the portrayal you describe was not in the movies. Please do not think the Sith and the Empire were good.

    If you prefer total-itarian governments, then feel free to move to North Korea as their style of government will suit your preference. Done. Out.

    The journey was bumpy, but even I didn't think it would end in North Korea lol, we talking about star wars 😄😅

    Well, when I hear arguments for totalitarian dictatorships being great...where on Earth can we go? 😂 sorry if that was a bit dark...
  • US heading in the direction you mention. ;)
  • He was Master of the Order (leader of the High Council) until the Clone War (when Yoda took over). And he was the "Champion" of the order. Whatever that means. He also kicked butt in the clone wars show and won his battles in the movies.

    He was very strict with the code like Yoda which is why he came to blows with Anakin.

    So he had rank and success in battle in multiple media. Enough reason to be a good toon.

    If you compare other GR Jedi, none have as much of an argument for a "powerful" toon. Except Anakin, Kenobi and Yoda. Perhaps Ahsoka too.
  • Superpotts wrote: »
    He was Master of the Order (leader of the High Council) until the Clone War (when Yoda took over). And he was the "Champion" of the order. Whatever that means. He also kicked butt in the clone wars show and won his battles in the movies.

    He was very strict with the code like Yoda which is why he came to blows with Anakin.

    So he had rank and success in battle in multiple media. Enough reason to be a good toon.

    If you compare other GR Jedi, none have as much of an argument for a "powerful" toon. Except Anakin, Kenobi and Yoda. Perhaps Ahsoka too.

    It'd be nice if they did a Legendary Mace (old style legendary, just to be clear, like Yoda or Palpatine or Beskar Mandalorian) that required Galactic Republic Jedi to unlock and went along with even a modest reworking of the OG jedi who've been languishing from the beginning of the game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

  • 100% agreed, Mace needs some love, dude was great in the animated show and he did do something permenant to Jango
    Jango, the man armed with a rocket launcher who wasn’t able to defeat a lone jedi trapped on a platform without cover even with the help of a military starship at his side ? Impressive.
  • Larx
    240 posts Member
    Interesting how this discussion evolved :smiley:

    and no, i have nothing against Samuel, it is just a stupid argument a character played by a good actor must be powerful or meaningful.

    just to be clear.

    and everthing else was very well discussed :blush:
  • Larx
    240 posts Member
    Larx wrote: »
    Interesting how this discussion evolved :smiley:

    and no, i have nothing against Samuel, it is just a stupid argument a character played by a good actor must be powerful or meaningful.

    just to be clear.

    and everthing else was very well discussed :blush:

    It's not because Samuel l Jackson played it, it's because Mace was a great character both in movie and animated show

    for some of the forums not. they say because of Samuel :smile:
    and yes i do like Mace too. never said anything else. i was just wondering whats all about him for wishing him so powerful.
  • I like KAM. Just the right balance of difficulty in getting and meh abilities. Should do this as a rework mace. No need for another GL
  • Starslayer wrote: »

    100% agreed, Mace needs some love, dude was great in the animated show and he did do something permenant to Jango
    Jango, the man armed with a rocket launcher who wasn’t able to defeat a lone jedi trapped on a platform without cover even with the help of a military starship at his side ? Impressive.

    Well obi had plot armor, so even if it was emperor Palpatine there he would have won the battle.
    Side note deathstar ws an inside job

    So CG uncovered the truth: Mace is and always was trash; he just had plot armor all along, because he was needed alive to turn Anakin.

    Congrats, you cracked the case !
  • twstdbydsn
    510 posts Member
    edited February 24
    just give the guy a rework
Sign In or Register to comment.