Relics info?

Ok, I’m asking for a friend, but is there a point to the Relic Tiers after Gear XIII?

Replies

• They increase your character’s stats. Massively.
  • Ok, nice to have a general idea, but I was looking for more, like by how much and does only affect certain stats? Stuff like that. Tell me about the Relic Tiers as though I’m a newbie.
  • Garebel wrote: »
    Ok, nice to have a general idea, but I was looking for more, like by how much and does only affect certain stats? Stuff like that. Tell me about the Relic Tiers as though I’m a newbie.

Go to swgoh.gg and look.
  • Garebel wrote: »
    Ok, nice to have a general idea, but I was looking for more, like by how much and does only affect certain stats? Stuff like that. Tell me about the Relic Tiers as though I’m a newbie.

Go to swgoh.gg and look.

That's indeed the best
    After you bring a character to G13 you can see which stats are increased for that character and how much
  • The info you get will be the stats pre-mods. Obviously mods will increase things from there. When you examine any character in SWGOH (I chose Aayla just because she was the first character in the list), on the right hand side is a list of stats. BUT the stats listed are below a pulldown menu that, as its default, lists Gear 13. Just select any other gear tier or relic tier & it will display the stats for that character at that level of equipment.

If it works, you can see some screen shots I took of Aayla to get a sense of how she progresses from g13 to r1 to r4 to r7:

gdxyurwhwe8u.png

c0xyzifhsba2.png

jfwdldr1r6cq.png

75cbshglhfc0.png

• It's difficult to answer exactly how much stats increase, since different characters have different stats that are increased. Strength based heroes gain a higher modifier to increases in strength, for example.

Also you need relic to boost your "mastery", which only unlocks at relic level. Mastery is a stat that boosts various other stats, based on the type of character and what they are good at. Attackers typically gain damage, accuracy, crit damage etc., while tanks gain armor, health, protection etc.
  • As a general point, it’s worth considering that certain characters will benefit more from higher relic levels than others. Characters whose value comes mostly from their kit, like Padme or Shaak Ti, may not actually gain a ton of value going from R0 to R7. Most attackers and tanks will benefit more from high relic relic levels. R0 is actually the most “efficient” level for some characters when weighing the benefit vs cost in materials and “GP weight” on your roster.
  • Relic that boosts health and damage are the best toons to relic. If you look at a toons mastery, it will tell you which stats it will improve. Like Gorgus said above, Shaak does not gain a great boost from relics given it will only increase like her dodge or critical stats rather than something useful like HP or DMG.
  • Unfortunately, Shaak requires r5 for KAM. Padmé likewise requires r5 for Rancor CT, and is an excellent supplemental team for anyone with less than 3 GLs.

So.... ultimately we're forced to relic toons more to complete specific battles than on the basis of which relic levels are most generally useful.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Shaak does not require R5 for KAM.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Potato, Potahto.

The KAM mission is one of the most difficult in the game, and r5 is strongly recommended by the people who have researched data on successful missions & found correlations between certain relic tiers on certain characters and successful completion.

If you don't pay attention to those recommendations, you're not going to succeed very often, and you only get 1 chance per month. If you could practice those missions repeatedly between monthly TBs (such as in the Journey Guide), you might be able to become skilled enough that r5 wouldn't matter. Lacking that, I consider r5 effectively required.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I won several times at R4. Therefore R5 is not required.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH