GC feats 2/22

2Next

Replies

  • For all my complaining about GC's recently, this one shows up and I got the max. Last one I got stuck with the TM feat after trying god knows how many times. I even unlocked MG and pushed him to G9 4* which was supposed to help and didn't. Can't win them all.
  • Get lost with your spamming please. I was asked what I would see specifically as a good design. So I shared and I was really specific about it. I love how you skipped the point about players (supposedly) NOT (barely) playing this game mode after they claimed the tickets.

    I also love how you think that a 3 times modfied environment can serve as ANY argument against sandbox.

    I love how you dont see the difference between rewarding and FOMO and instead try to twist my argument agains FOMO into against rewarding. Strangely, in other cases you are much more aware of what is and isnt being said in a sentence.

    I love how you think the characters are grateful to each other.

    I love how you think a character loses TM when it starts the turn.

    I love how you think Revan doesnt have a TM swap.

    And I love many more things you have said in the past. But maybe, just maybe you are not here to contribute anything valueable to this conversation.

    Ultimately, Kyno, I voiced an opinion, and I am absolutely entitled to call the planets poor design, as they probably consumed a certain amount of resources and serve absolutely nothing vital.

    Likewise, you are also entitled to voice your opinion, so we are good here but i can tell you the same about your opinion as SamL Jackson said about the council's decision.

  • SLKR + any 4 mandalorians. 2 of the mandalorians were lvl 1 g1. It was basically a slkr solo. Thanks for the free rewards, cg.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Yeah but if you do the average, it means 20-30 minutes / 7 days = 4.5 minutes a day. That's not a content, that's a spam. That is more or less a single PVP battle every day....

    I don’t see a problem with this at all. 😁

    I do, because this is the (first part? was never confirmed) content we got instead of a new raid bc they thought they could do better than a raid. This is (partially???) where the resources were re-allocated.

    But then again, I speak up against the design in general. Not the "challenge" part, not the required time (yeah, I indeed made two points on that one but still quite a marginal topic) part, but the design of the whole. Which I still think is quite horrible.

    I guess we’re after different things then, because I don’t care a lick about the GC “design”. This game really doesn’t have that much depth, you roflstomp everything if you’ve collected the current best thing in game. See the game for what it is, and you’ll never be disappointed. 😆
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Yeah but if you do the average, it means 20-30 minutes / 7 days = 4.5 minutes a day. That's not a content, that's a spam. That is more or less a single PVP battle every day....

    I don’t see a problem with this at all. 😁

    I do, because this is the (first part? was never confirmed) content we got instead of a new raid bc they thought they could do better than a raid. This is (partially???) where the resources were re-allocated.

    But then again, I speak up against the design in general. Not the "challenge" part, not the required time (yeah, I indeed made two points on that one but still quite a marginal topic) part, but the design of the whole. Which I still think is quite horrible.

    I guess we’re after different things then, because I don’t care a lick about the GC “design”. This game really doesn’t have that much depth, you roflstomp everything if you’ve collected the current best thing in game. See the game for what it is, and you’ll never be disappointed. 😆

    Yeah I fully agree with you but you need to realize this specified post of mine was exactly about the game design, and what I do consider to be a good one and I took the liberty to highlight my problems with the current version while simultaneously offered some solutions as per my own taste. So yes we can argue about it, but it is absolutely pointless. I was called out on this so i replied, end of story (?).
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Yeah but if you do the average, it means 20-30 minutes / 7 days = 4.5 minutes a day. That's not a content, that's a spam. That is more or less a single PVP battle every day....

    I don’t see a problem with this at all. 😁

    I do, because this is the (first part? was never confirmed) content we got instead of a new raid bc they thought they could do better than a raid. This is (partially???) where the resources were re-allocated.

    But then again, I speak up against the design in general. Not the "challenge" part, not the required time (yeah, I indeed made two points on that one but still quite a marginal topic) part, but the design of the whole. Which I still think is quite horrible.

    I guess we’re after different things then, because I don’t care a lick about the GC “design”. This game really doesn’t have that much depth, you roflstomp everything if you’ve collected the current best thing in game. See the game for what it is, and you’ll never be disappointed. 😆

    Yeah I fully agree with you but you need to realize this specified post of mine was exactly about the game design, and what I do consider to be a good one and I took the liberty to highlight my problems with the current version while simultaneously offered some solutions as per my own taste. So yes we can argue about it, but it is absolutely pointless. I was called out on this so i replied, end of story (?).

    You got to realize Kyno has a vested interest in holding the CG line. 😉
  • Uh oh, someone made a mistake with the feats requiring only 4 mandos!

    Works for me though, SLKR and 4 mandos in one fight then solo it again in another. Easy peezy
  • Kyno
    28358 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Get lost with your spamming please. I was asked what I would see specifically as a good design. So I shared and I was really specific about it. I love how you skipped the point about players (supposedly) NOT (barely) playing this game mode after they claimed the tickets.

    I also love how you think that a 3 times modfied environment can serve as ANY argument against sandbox.

    I love how you dont see the difference between rewarding and FOMO and instead try to twist my argument agains FOMO into against rewarding. Strangely, in other cases you are much more aware of what is and isnt being said in a sentence.

    I love how you think the characters are grateful to each other.

    I love how you think a character loses TM when it starts the turn.

    I love how you think Revan doesnt have a TM swap.

    And I love many more things you have said in the past. But maybe, just maybe you are not here to contribute anything valueable to this conversation.

    Ultimately, Kyno, I voiced an opinion, and I am absolutely entitled to call the planets poor design, as they probably consumed a certain amount of resources and serve absolutely nothing vital.

    Likewise, you are also entitled to voice your opinion, so we are good here but i can tell you the same about your opinion as SamL Jackson said about the council's decision.

    Not sure what you classify as spamming, but my response is not spam. it is just a simple reply.

    Can you quote the specific reference that I skipped. I skipped afew as, they dont really require a response. (not that any of this did, I was just talking)
    5) Introduce feats that cannot be completed with the same team to increase the replayability of the event.
    5) GCs, have unlimited replay ability, play with whatever teams you want, they do not need to make any changes for you to want to or be able to do this. if you dont want to do it because there is no rewards attached to it, then you can see why a sandbox mode has been stated to not be a priority element in the games design.

    Here you reference replay ability, as in they should make changes to increase that(but still have modifiers), and its already infinitely repayable. I was pointing that out, and saying that if you dont see the replay ability here, you may see why they dont push out a sandbox mode as it would be the same scenario, "replay ability", but not forced through some mechanic, (i.e. - rewards) it is a correlation, I am not comparing this game mode to a sandbox mode.
    4) Dont involve FOMO in a content, or at least dont make it the main element of it. I offer to immediatly withdrawn this argument the moment i see a data-driven point about how much time/how many attempts do players spend in the GC after they reached the score that would be the final score for them in the given round.
    4) I'm sorry you do not want them to reward players who invest early into factions and other elements of the game, but this will not be removed. while you may not understand this, it is good for the game, as this is at least in part elements that keep the game free and "alive"

    I am not twisting, merely explaining that there is a reason the system is here, and its less about getting someone on the hook of "FOMO" and more about rewarding the players who do want to and did invest.
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Yeah but if you do the average, it means 20-30 minutes / 7 days = 4.5 minutes a day. That's not a content, that's a spam. That is more or less a single PVP battle every day....

    I don’t see a problem with this at all. 😁

    I do, because this is the (first part? was never confirmed) content we got instead of a new raid bc they thought they could do better than a raid. This is (partially???) where the resources were re-allocated.

    But then again, I speak up against the design in general. Not the "challenge" part, not the required time (yeah, I indeed made two points on that one but still quite a marginal topic) part, but the design of the whole. Which I still think is quite horrible.

    I guess we’re after different things then, because I don’t care a lick about the GC “design”. This game really doesn’t have that much depth, you roflstomp everything if you’ve collected the current best thing in game. See the game for what it is, and you’ll never be disappointed. 😆

    Yeah I fully agree with you but you need to realize this specified post of mine was exactly about the game design, and what I do consider to be a good one and I took the liberty to highlight my problems with the current version while simultaneously offered some solutions as per my own taste. So yes we can argue about it, but it is absolutely pointless. I was called out on this so i replied, end of story (?).

    You got to realize Kyno has a vested interest in holding the CG line. 😉

    Fair enough, i just dont really care. My points arent that particularly strong btw since they are based on personal preferences. But then he starts talking about how the planets are strategic elements, not realizing, that it's not the planet, it is the modifier. And I dont like the modifiers at all, but the first point was exactly about linking them to planets. Absolutely unnecessary. We can call it Tatooine modifier or DoT modifier, no practical difference. DeathStar modifier or Instakill. Wow.

    Then I make a point about gameplay difficulty, in his response he talks about me misunderstanding the rewards. This is crazy, he doesnt even react to the point. He acts like it, but in fact he doesnt.

    Calling things personal preferences is actually okay and solid point, then he talks about preventable TM-gains, demonstrating that he indeed doesnt understand the term "evading an ability". And the list goes on and on.
  • Kyno
    28358 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Yeah but if you do the average, it means 20-30 minutes / 7 days = 4.5 minutes a day. That's not a content, that's a spam. That is more or less a single PVP battle every day....

    I don’t see a problem with this at all. 😁

    I do, because this is the (first part? was never confirmed) content we got instead of a new raid bc they thought they could do better than a raid. This is (partially???) where the resources were re-allocated.

    But then again, I speak up against the design in general. Not the "challenge" part, not the required time (yeah, I indeed made two points on that one but still quite a marginal topic) part, but the design of the whole. Which I still think is quite horrible.

    I guess we’re after different things then, because I don’t care a lick about the GC “design”. This game really doesn’t have that much depth, you roflstomp everything if you’ve collected the current best thing in game. See the game for what it is, and you’ll never be disappointed. 😆

    Yeah I fully agree with you but you need to realize this specified post of mine was exactly about the game design, and what I do consider to be a good one and I took the liberty to highlight my problems with the current version while simultaneously offered some solutions as per my own taste. So yes we can argue about it, but it is absolutely pointless. I was called out on this so i replied, end of story (?).

    I wasn't calling you out, I was clarifying a few points and discussing others. there are things in your post that are there for reasons that you and other may not realize and you are calling them out as "bad" when they are there for a reason. just trying to offer some clarity.
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    I am happy to have the final crate but the feat is ridiculous. What is the point of putting 4 low mandalorians that die first round ? The GL solo it. They should just made the feat : Solo the team. It would have been more accurate. This doesnt make any sense. Very poor and lame game design again

    I rather have this than some ridiculous requirements and dysfunctional modifiers

    I am 100% agree. Better this than what we previously have. It is just feeling weird. Not complaining about the reward but the way to have is strange and feel unfinished. I really prefer the other half of the GC. This mandalorian requirement is just stupid.
  • Kyno
    28358 posts Moderator
    edited February 22
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Yeah but if you do the average, it means 20-30 minutes / 7 days = 4.5 minutes a day. That's not a content, that's a spam. That is more or less a single PVP battle every day....

    I don’t see a problem with this at all. 😁

    I do, because this is the (first part? was never confirmed) content we got instead of a new raid bc they thought they could do better than a raid. This is (partially???) where the resources were re-allocated.

    But then again, I speak up against the design in general. Not the "challenge" part, not the required time (yeah, I indeed made two points on that one but still quite a marginal topic) part, but the design of the whole. Which I still think is quite horrible.

    I guess we’re after different things then, because I don’t care a lick about the GC “design”. This game really doesn’t have that much depth, you roflstomp everything if you’ve collected the current best thing in game. See the game for what it is, and you’ll never be disappointed. 😆

    Yeah I fully agree with you but you need to realize this specified post of mine was exactly about the game design, and what I do consider to be a good one and I took the liberty to highlight my problems with the current version while simultaneously offered some solutions as per my own taste. So yes we can argue about it, but it is absolutely pointless. I was called out on this so i replied, end of story (?).

    You got to realize Kyno has a vested interest in holding the CG line. 😉

    Fair enough, i just dont really care. My points arent that particularly strong btw since they are based on personal preferences. But then he starts talking about how the planets are strategic elements, not realizing, that it's not the planet, it is the modifier. And I dont like the modifiers at all, but the first point was exactly about linking them to planets. Absolutely unnecessary. We can call it Tatooine modifier or DoT modifier, no practical difference. DeathStar modifier or Instakill. Wow.

    Then I make a point about gameplay difficulty, in his response he talks about me misunderstanding the rewards. This is crazy, he doesnt even react to the point. He acts like it, but in fact he doesnt.

    Calling things personal preferences is actually okay and solid point, then he talks about preventable TM-gains, demonstrating that he indeed doesnt understand the term "evading an ability". And the list goes on and on.

    everyone is allowed to have a preference, but when it serves a purpose, calling it bad, could be from a misunderstanding of why it is there. much like calling out the "settings" of the game mode where they link the modifier to an element in the starwars universe. I missed that point as I didn't realize you didn't like "the naming convention".......whats the point of being in the SW universe if they are not going to make reference to it?

    your point seems like a misunderstanding, because there is no reason to do each tier, so the difficulty from tier to tier is moot, as it is there to limit or direct game play to get rewards by working out the best strategy to beat a feat, not a tier. and as always the goal is to push players to develop.

    sure I misunderstand things and have had misunderstandings about the game mechanics. can you clarify what you mean:
    8) Always submit the ability description to each and every GC. Revan's TM swap cannot be evaded in the GC. The original kit does not grant immunity against the foresight.
  • TVF
    27500 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Uh oh, someone made a mistake with the feats requiring only 4 mandos!

    Works for me though, SLKR and 4 mandos in one fight then solo it again in another. Easy peezy

    There was at least one other with 4 mandos IIRC.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No, you werent calling me out things arent always about you indeed.

    I classify a reply as a spam when it doesnt add anything to the conversation just boosts your postcount by 1, or preferably 15.

    This is literally the argument currently:
    - FOMO is sign of a bad game design, should get rid of it
    - You dont want players to get rewarded, FOMO is good for the game
    - You are twisting my arguments I am not against rewarding, but FOMO is not the way to reward players
    - I am not twisting your argument FOMO has a purpose.


    OOOOOOkaaaaaaaaaaay. This. Is. Not. A. Conversation. You are just posting replies like a bot that passed the captcha.

    You completely ignore GAC as a model, where you can claim a higher reward by the feats, yet the difference is more fame than fortune so it isnt driven by FOMO.

    So here is my argument: players are playing this gamemode (GC) exclusively for the rewards. I make this claim on my personal experiment, supported by my community.

    I kinda think in a very primitive way that fun equals time/attempts spent AFTER tickets have been claimed.
    Probably CG has some data about it and if we want to transcend from the level of "i think so - but i dont think so" this would be AWESOME to share. What is the time spent by an "average" player AFTER claming the last ticket divided by the time spent UNTIL claiming the last ticket? Is it above.... 5% at least? I seriously doubt it, but would be nice to see a data like this. I absolutely do have an assumption about this ratio but hey, prove me wrong.

    This would be a statistical argument.

    Now, an experimental argument which will never happen is to swap the rewards to MK I-V slice materials instead of MK6 unique materials. I make an educated guess that GC activity would drop by an estimated 80%.

    To put it differently: the replay abilty is indeed infinite, yet it is not replayed at all (barely), bc nobody gives a **** about this replay mode. HENCE I call it a poorly designed game mode. This is something you seem to keep missing on every single time you boost your postcount.

    I am happy when a TB starts, I am happy when a TW join starts, I am happy when a GAC starts, I am even happy when a sith raid starts (I do realize that an SLK-heavy guild doesnt enjoy it anymore) and i am not happy when a ChPit starts, not happy when a GC starts, bc I the only reason I play them is the FOMO, that i will fall behind on unique materials.

    Playing the Daily Challenges are also FOMO-driven, but at least you can SIM them, so that balances it out for me. Arena and fleet arena are partially FOMO-driven for me, but it is not the main component so i can make my peace with that. (Also, I ultimately agree with the reward structures in SA and FA)

    There are good examples for rewarding players without utilizing FOMO to play the gamemode itself. This doesnt mean FOMO cannot have a purpose but it DOES mean in my interpretation poor game design.

    Now i can call out certain elements, like the planets but I find it absurd that you think this is needed to link the content into the SW universe. It simply doesnt add anything to it. This is still my personal opinion, right? We have Resistance vs Bounty Hunters I dont think we are tied into the Lord of the Rings. Or maybe? Oh, we are on the Tatooine, nah it must be Star Wars then.... omg....

    When I say poorly designed, I dont say senseless, or chaotic. I am not a native speaker but I do have this level of command of the language to make a semi-sophisticated phrase. I do recognize FOMO usually has a purpose I just dont think it is the proper way to motivate. Frustration doesnt always motivate ppl, there are safer ways to motivate which involve lesser risks of players leaving the game due to frustration.

    Now again, there is no reason to do each tier, but when there is a sudden surge in difficulty instead of a linear/exponential/logarithmical difficulty levels I can call it a poor design, and you can make arguments for it but i can still call it poor design, right? There are other ways of pushing players for developing, CGjust chose to go with this one and I call it a bad move.

    This sadbox mode is getting tiresome. Guildmates are cheering (here) when they are getting matched up against each other in the final round of the GAC. There is no way to play PVP against your friends, this is it. Or it is highly RNG dependent. A PVE content has nothing to do with it.

    Now technically a sandbox could be a PVE mode, but if you get to simulate the team and the mods for example it will get as close to PVP as possible. Dont make PVP conclusions based on PVE observations please. Or make, but i think it is stupid.

    I am so honestly sorry that you dont get the Revan-problem.
    ENEMY revan's ability is dealing AOE dmg, but we often refer to it as TM swap. TM swap deals AOE ability. Not by definiton, like Thrawn doesnt do that, okay? Revan does AOE upon TM swap. The TM swap is one thing, but the AOE dmg can be denied by foresight. Maybe blind, i dont know if the cleanse comes first, doesnt matter.

    In GC, AI-Revan-s TM swap cannot be avoided it will dmg you through Foresight, without consuming it. Hence the conclusion: the ability cannot be evaded. To the best of my knowledge not the OldRep modifier, nor any of the planet modifiers granted that, so the difference must be in the kit, which was not submitted, and you know, by having Revan as a playable character it was directly misleading, assuming the Kits are equal on the palyers side and on the AI's side (even though this wasnt stated anywhere). Misleading the players like this, or simply just messing up the AI kit is also poor design by my point og view.

    I hope this helps you.
  • OMG, you people, quit complaining, this GC was perfectly fine, got a problem with the fact that you got the best loot? Quit playing it, no one is forcing you to play if it's lame and terrible.
    You people just like to complain for no reason
  • RyuMac_81 wrote: »
    So there is a feat that says win a battle using four mandalorians. It was a piece of cake using slkr and four mandalorians but is there a team to use without a GL character? Like four mandalorians and who? Lol trying to help my guild mates

    Cara dune
    Stun them all
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Uh oh, someone made a mistake with the feats requiring only 4 mandos!

    Works for me though, SLKR and 4 mandos in one fight then solo it again in another. Easy peezy

    There was at least one other with 4 mandos IIRC.

    Technically yes, but in reality no. There was one event with two mando-feats, where one of them required you to have a non-mando get 100 stacks of the tribal buff, basically requiring only 4 mandos. But the other feat that event required a full team of mandos.
  • Gifafi
    5225 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    If you want a challenge, don't use the optimal team lol. Do some theorycrafting.

    What, use gc like some kind of sandbox??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    28358 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    No, you werent calling me out things arent always about you indeed.

    I classify a reply as a spam when it doesnt add anything to the conversation just boosts your postcount by 1, or preferably 15.

    This is literally the argument currently:
    - FOMO is sign of a bad game design, should get rid of it
    - You dont want players to get rewarded, FOMO is good for the game
    - You are twisting my arguments I am not against rewarding, but FOMO is not the way to reward players
    - I am not twisting your argument FOMO has a purpose.


    OOOOOOkaaaaaaaaaaay. This. Is. Not. A. Conversation. You are just posting replies like a bot that passed the captcha.

    You completely ignore GAC as a model, where you can claim a higher reward by the feats, yet the difference is more fame than fortune so it isnt driven by FOMO.

    So here is my argument: players are playing this gamemode (GC) exclusively for the rewards. I make this claim on my personal experiment, supported by my community.

    I kinda think in a very primitive way that fun equals time/attempts spent AFTER tickets have been claimed.
    Probably CG has some data about it and if we want to transcend from the level of "i think so - but i dont think so" this would be AWESOME to share. What is the time spent by an "average" player AFTER claming the last ticket divided by the time spent UNTIL claiming the last ticket? Is it above.... 5% at least? I seriously doubt it, but would be nice to see a data like this. I absolutely do have an assumption about this ratio but hey, prove me wrong.

    This would be a statistical argument.

    Now, an experimental argument which will never happen is to swap the rewards to MK I-V slice materials instead of MK6 unique materials. I make an educated guess that GC activity would drop by an estimated 80%.

    To put it differently: the replay abilty is indeed infinite, yet it is not replayed at all (barely), bc nobody gives a **** about this replay mode. HENCE I call it a poorly designed game mode. This is something you seem to keep missing on every single time you boost your postcount.

    I am happy when a TB starts, I am happy when a TW join starts, I am happy when a GAC starts, I am even happy when a sith raid starts (I do realize that an SLK-heavy guild doesnt enjoy it anymore) and i am not happy when a ChPit starts, not happy when a GC starts, bc I the only reason I play them is the FOMO, that i will fall behind on unique materials.

    Playing the Daily Challenges are also FOMO-driven, but at least you can SIM them, so that balances it out for me. Arena and fleet arena are partially FOMO-driven for me, but it is not the main component so i can make my peace with that. (Also, I ultimately agree with the reward structures in SA and FA)

    There are good examples for rewarding players without utilizing FOMO to play the gamemode itself. This doesnt mean FOMO cannot have a purpose but it DOES mean in my interpretation poor game design.

    Now i can call out certain elements, like the planets but I find it absurd that you think this is needed to link the content into the SW universe. It simply doesnt add anything to it. This is still my personal opinion, right? We have Resistance vs Bounty Hunters I dont think we are tied into the Lord of the Rings. Or maybe? Oh, we are on the Tatooine, nah it must be Star Wars then.... omg....

    When I say poorly designed, I dont say senseless, or chaotic. I am not a native speaker but I do have this level of command of the language to make a semi-sophisticated phrase. I do recognize FOMO usually has a purpose I just dont think it is the proper way to motivate. Frustration doesnt always motivate ppl, there are safer ways to motivate which involve lesser risks of players leaving the game due to frustration.

    Now again, there is no reason to do each tier, but when there is a sudden surge in difficulty instead of a linear/exponential/logarithmical difficulty levels I can call it a poor design, and you can make arguments for it but i can still call it poor design, right? There are other ways of pushing players for developing, CGjust chose to go with this one and I call it a bad move.

    This sadbox mode is getting tiresome. Guildmates are cheering (here) when they are getting matched up against each other in the final round of the GAC. There is no way to play PVP against your friends, this is it. Or it is highly RNG dependent. A PVE content has nothing to do with it.

    Now technically a sandbox could be a PVE mode, but if you get to simulate the team and the mods for example it will get as close to PVP as possible. Dont make PVP conclusions based on PVE observations please. Or make, but i think it is stupid.

    I am so honestly sorry that you dont get the Revan-problem.
    ENEMY revan's ability is dealing AOE dmg, but we often refer to it as TM swap. TM swap deals AOE ability. Not by definiton, like Thrawn doesnt do that, okay? Revan does AOE upon TM swap. The TM swap is one thing, but the AOE dmg can be denied by foresight. Maybe blind, i dont know if the cleanse comes first, doesnt matter.

    In GC, AI-Revan-s TM swap cannot be avoided it will dmg you through Foresight, without consuming it. Hence the conclusion: the ability cannot be evaded. To the best of my knowledge not the OldRep modifier, nor any of the planet modifiers granted that, so the difference must be in the kit, which was not submitted, and you know, by having Revan as a playable character it was directly misleading, assuming the Kits are equal on the palyers side and on the AI's side (even though this wasnt stated anywhere). Misleading the players like this, or simply just messing up the AI kit is also poor design by my point og view.

    I hope this helps you.

    as I said, i was pointing out that it may be a misunderstanding, FOMO implies that if you didn't invest you are missing out, and while that is true to an extent, they doubled the frequency of the event before adding in those feats. so anyone who was doing them when they first rolled out is getting more even without investing in the Mando faction. Players who did are getting more, as a reward for doing so. In a game about development, I guess you can call just about everything anything FOMO driven, so it seems pointless to discuss, but I would say this is a good version of it, as you are getting more with the new cadence and those who invested can more reliably get the full rewards. (IMO) Players getting frustrated by this is understandable, but at this point we have seen "whats going on" and there should be much less frustration if the toons you have can only get you T6, which seems to be very common with low investment, but still requires a somewhat "aged roster".

    I'm sure more would agree that being forced to replay an event multiple times to get more tickets due to feats specifically designated to make separation between the teams needed for feat completion would call that bad design, and IMO would actually be a worse use of roster development FOMO to drive development. These GCs are pushing a themed design, and what i am saying is based on the complaints seen previously when grouped factions that didn't make sense were pointed to, so this is in part based on the players sentiment.

    of course its not needed, we could play with SW toons and have nothing else SW based. but to lump this connection in with bad game design, seems really odd. its a SW games and they made them SW themed.

    of course call it whatever you want, but when you call something a bad design and its not designed to be done that way, it will raise questions or open a discussion. There is nothing that is driving a player to do tier 4 and then tier 5, or even compare them in difficulty, as they dont need to be played in order, and to top that off, some feats (which is really the whole point) are no more or less difficult due to this change, the strategy some of them have had works with low gear teams on any tier. I can understand why some may want it this way, but that would also lead to a different card payout system as the difficulty of completing a feat in a certain level is what pushes progression. so a change to that difficulty curve wouldn't change the rewards players would be getting based on the cards. unless what you and others are getting at, is that you want it to be easier to get rewards and this is seen as the path if the curve was smoother. that is a different conversation.

    what you are describing sounds like a bug, and should be reported to the correct place, since there doesn't seem to be any reason for it to be happening. The kits should be the same and therefore no need to submit them each time. but i can see your confusion. I have never seen his ability called TM swap, usually called his AOE. that is on me.
  • Yeeeeeah, yeeeah, i get it. We could have gone with neutral characters "sponsoring" the GC, and then the DoT is not coming from tatooine, it's coming from Vader. The revive is not happening by Dathomir, it's Jolee practicing. Instakill is not on the DeathStar, it's Sponsor-Nihilus interfering with the battle. Same effect, different story, BUT you already had the character portrays designed, etc. Does it make any sense that Jolee is inviting you to a party and he is reviving left and right? Hell no. Does it make any sense, that on the Alderaan the gungans are fighting against wookies? Also no.

    Soooooo at the end of the day, can we get some data about players playing this mode after they got the reward, or we just keep pimping up our postcounts?

    (also i dont think it is a bug if there is no official description to contradict. Taking Player's Kit as a reference point is logical but not a must)
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3325 posts Member
    edited February 22
    rp9x8d0cl36d.jpg

    Final 3 tiers solo'd by DM r7 , put 4 scrub mandos just to meet req. :)

    zznnd385w6f2.jpg

    Clear all squad..yep as usual..DR,DM,FBAST, HK47, all r7, ST. R5. :)

    Leader: Grey Area 51
  • Kyno
    28358 posts Moderator
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Yeeeeeah, yeeeah, i get it. We could have gone with neutral characters "sponsoring" the GC, and then the DoT is not coming from tatooine, it's coming from Vader. The revive is not happening by Dathomir, it's Jolee practicing. Instakill is not on the DeathStar, it's Sponsor-Nihilus interfering with the battle. Same effect, different story, BUT you already had the character portrays designed, etc. Does it make any sense that Jolee is inviting you to a party and he is reviving left and right? Hell no. Does it make any sense, that on the Alderaan the gungans are fighting against wookies? Also no.

    Soooooo at the end of the day, can we get some data about players playing this mode after they got the reward, or we just keep pimping up our postcounts?

    (also i dont think it is a bug if there is no official description to contradict. Taking Player's Kit as a reference point is logical but not a must)

    yes the player kit is a must, its the only kit we have. you can not call it a bug and say they should provide more information and not doing so as bad design, but in this case you are wrong. if what you are saying is accurate you should be reporting this as a bug.

    Why do you need that data, for any real reason, they have never said anything about player will be or should be playing this after they get the max rewards. I'm not sure why not answering this is anything other than, you are asking for irrelevant information that is not likely to be provided. your original connection between FOMO and playing after reaching max rewards has no correlation.
    4) Dont involve FOMO in a content, or at least dont make it the main element of it. I offer to immediatly withdrawn this argument the moment i see a data-driven point about how much time/how many attempts do players spend in the GC after they reached the score that would be the final score for them in the given round.

    Please refer to my other post pointing how players are not missing out, they are getting more due to the cadence increase. but in any collection game, the need of anything specific can always be considered FOMO drive, because the % of players who have it all will always be low, that still has nothing to do with players who play after they have max rewards.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    Yeeeeeah, yeeeah, i get it. We could have gone with neutral characters "sponsoring" the GC, and then the DoT is not coming from tatooine, it's coming from Vader. The revive is not happening by Dathomir, it's Jolee practicing. Instakill is not on the DeathStar, it's Sponsor-Nihilus interfering with the battle. Same effect, different story, BUT you already had the character portrays designed, etc. Does it make any sense that Jolee is inviting you to a party and he is reviving left and right? Hell no. Does it make any sense, that on the Alderaan the gungans are fighting against wookies? Also no.

    Soooooo at the end of the day, can we get some data about players playing this mode after they got the reward, or we just keep pimping up our postcounts?

    (also i dont think it is a bug if there is no official description to contradict. Taking Player's Kit as a reference point is logical but not a must)

    yes the player kit is a must, its the only kit we have. you can not call it a bug and say they should provide more information and not doing so as bad design, but in this case you are wrong. if what you are saying is accurate you should be reporting this as a bug.

    Why do you need that data, for any real reason, they have never said anything about player will be or should be playing this after they get the max rewards. I'm not sure why not answering this is anything other than, you are asking for irrelevant information that is not likely to be provided. your original connection between FOMO and playing after reaching max rewards has no correlation.
    4) Dont involve FOMO in a content, or at least dont make it the main element of it. I offer to immediatly withdrawn this argument the moment i see a data-driven point about how much time/how many attempts do players spend in the GC after they reached the score that would be the final score for them in the given round.

    Please refer to my other post pointing how players are not missing out, they are getting more due to the cadence increase. but in any collection game, the need of anything specific can always be considered FOMO drive, because the % of players who have it all will always be low, that still has nothing to do with players who play after they have max rewards.

    That GC had a modifier where OR did unavoidable True Damage on Basic. It wouldn't be that much of a leap to a bug if they were doing that damage with specials too. I don't remember anything like odd like that happening though.
Sign In or Register to comment.