Phoenix Faction Should Be Nerfed or Removed

The Phoenix Faction are too powerful for an early game faction. They are essentially invincible unless you get super lucky with stun procs. They require no skill to win with. They allow their characters to heal when they are attacked which makes no sense. They are too easily accessible. They provide the game with a, “If you can’t beat em, join em.” mentality, which is extremely bad for a turn based strategy game that is all about collecting characters and trying out different combos. From what I’ve heard the Phoenix Faction stops being good at about gear level 7 or 8 compared to other factions. But it’s awful all throughout early game/mid game, where they are nearly every team you come across in arena.

Also I must point this out, if the argument for having them in is, “Just learn how to beat them.” Then the point I am making here has been missed. This team is nigh impossible to beat early game - mid game, no matter how good you are. I have beaten my fair share of Phoenix teams but it’s usually only because I got lucky with procs.

It is ok to make a team powerful or good, but there is a line where a team goes from being good in the right hands to being absolutely overpowered and stupid.

Replies

  • Darksamus51
    10 posts Member
    edited February 23
    No amount of backlash or argument of the contrary will change my mind. I’ve played too many games in my life to know that they are bad for the game and should be removed or nerfed HEAVILY.
  • I agree I saw people talking earlier about buffing them but they are only meant for the early game. I hate how tough they are starting especially if you are trying to collect characters you like and get stuck constantly fighting them.
  • Darksamus51
    10 posts Member
    edited February 23
    If Phoenix is frustrating you this early on, I've got bad news for you as you get further into the game.

    I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. Most factions take a bit to hit their stride. Phoenix are overpowered from the start. At least in late game you have the ability to form teams that will be able to crush each type of other team since you will have more characters by that point. But early game you barely have any characters to work with.

    Unless what your saying is that the game is an unbalanced, terrible, swamp like mess all the way through? Cause if that’s the case than the game itself is probably just poorly made.

    I’m a level 64 which isn’t that high, but my goodness, the Phoenix allies are like the only team that give me problems because they are unbalanced for how early you can get them in game. Most other teams are not a problem for me at all. But Phoenix require so much luck that it’s not even funny.
  • If Phoenix is frustrating you this early on, I've got bad news for you as you get further into the game.

    They only frustrate me because they are an unfair team. That’s it. If they were good but actually took skill to use than I would be fine with them. But they essentially play for themselves which shouldn’t be a thing.

  • If Phoenix is frustrating you this early on, I've got bad news for you as you get further into the game.

    They only frustrate me because they are an unfair team. That’s it. If they were good but actually took skill to use than I would be fine with them. But they essentially play for themselves which shouldn’t be a thing.

    you can hit auto and watch any well-synergized team wipe the opposition. Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi. It's a game of strategy, not a game of skill.
  • If Phoenix is frustrating you this early on, I've got bad news for you as you get further into the game.

    I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. Most factions take a bit to hit their stride. Phoenix are overpowered from the start. At least in late game you have the ability to form teams that will be able to crush each type of other team since you will have more characters by that point. But early game you barely have any characters to work with.

    Unless what your saying is that the game is an unbalanced, terrible, swamp like mess all the way through? Cause if that’s the case than the game itself is probably just poorly made.

    I’m a level 64 which isn’t that high, but my goodness, the Phoenix allies are like the only team that give me problems because they are unbalanced for how early you can get them in game. Most other teams are not a problem for me at all. But Phoenix require so much luck that it’s not even funny.

    Low gear imperial troopers can auto a g12 phoenix team. Geonosians under Dooku or Nute can wipe them. That's just 2 of them. Beating Phoenix doesn't require luck. It requires understanding of their kits and understanding the kits of the toons you're using.
  • Darksamus51
    10 posts Member
    edited February 23
    “you can hit auto and watch any well-synergized team wipe the opposition. Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi. It's a game of strategy, not a game of skill.”

    “It’s a game of strategy, not a game of skill.” What? Isn’t coming up with strategies and using the appropriate moves a form of skill?
    Post edited by Darksamus51 on
  • Darksamus51
    10 posts Member
    edited February 23
    “Low gear imperial troopers can auto a g12 phoenix team. Geonosians under Dooku or Nute can wipe them. That's just 2 of them. Beating Phoenix doesn't require luck. It requires understanding of their kits and understanding the kits of the toons you're using.”

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.
    Post edited by Darksamus51 on
  • Sebek
    1283 posts Member
    Well, what are you farming?
    Join the Dark Side, We Have Cookies.
    Join the Light Side, We Have Wookies.
  • Waqui
    8063 posts Member
    [...]

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Many players build an empire team as their 2nd or 3rd team. Empire teams with EP, Vader and Thrawn as their core members are great vs. Phoenix as well.

    You really should fix your quotes. They are a mess.

  • Sebek wrote: »
    Well, what are you farming?

    I have Nute Gunray and Poggle at 7 star. I’m farming for Super Battle Droid. I almost have Magna Guard at 7 star. I’m working on a Clone Trooper Team I have Rex, Cody, 5s, Echo, and basic clone. That’s it at the moment. I mainly made my post as a suggestion for the benefit of future players. I’m getting close to when my team is going to start wiping the floor with Phoenix, but that first month of playing is insanely stupid in regards to the balancing.
  • Darksamus51
    10 posts Member
    edited February 23
    Waqui wrote: »
    [...]

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Many players build an empire team as their 2nd or 3rd team. Empire teams with EP, Vader and Thrawn as their core members are great vs. Phoenix as well.

    You really should fix your quotes. They are a mess.

    But that’s the thing, sure a lot of people might go for an imperial team, but what about the people who don’t? This game doesn’t help new players very much at all when it comes to the ins and outs of everything. And the biggest problem is that it takes forever to get up a full team, so if you are already working on a team it’s unwise to start working on another unless it’s on the opposite side. I saw so many people using Phoenix that I got sick of it and wanted to instead make a team that was unique for my level. And the game punished that. Because going against what the creators have predetermined to be the best strat is just unthinkable. The problem is not what team I have, the problem is that the Phoenix Faction...solely the Phoenix faction have abilities that outclass the level they are supposed to be.

    Believe me, there are other teams I could have mentioned as being annoying or frustrating to go against. But I didn’t mention them because even though they are frustrating they are still beatable.

    I’m not coming in here and saying that the entire system is bad, I’m just saying, as a new player, that the Phoenix Faction should be nerfed...that’s it. Honestly, it’s surprising to me that people are so vehement on protecting this faction. When I simply asked for a nerf because I noticed that they were a bit overpowered for their level.
  • They are strong for the early game because that's the only time where they are strong.

    The moment you get your hands on ol palpatine, Phoenix becomes so laughably weak and easy to counter it could bore even the pettiest sadist.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    [...]

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Many players build an empire team as their 2nd or 3rd team. Empire teams with EP, Vader and Thrawn as their core members are great vs. Phoenix as well.

    You really should fix your quotes. They are a mess.

    But that’s the thing, sure a lot of people might go for an imperial team, but what about the people who don’t? This game doesn’t help new players very much at all when it comes to the ins and outs of everything. And the biggest problem is that it takes forever to get up a full team, so if you are already working on a team it’s unwise to start working on another unless it’s on the opposite side. I saw so many people using Phoenix that I got sick of it and wanted to instead make a team that was unique for my level. And the game punished that. Because going against what the creators have predetermined to be the best strat is just unthinkable. The problem is not what team I have, the problem is that the Phoenix Faction...solely the Phoenix faction have abilities that outclass the level they are supposed to be.

    Believe me, there are other teams I could have mentioned as being annoying or frustrating to go against. But I didn’t mention them because even though they are frustrating they are still beatable.

    I’m not coming in here and saying that the entire system is bad, I’m just saying, as a new player, that the Phoenix Faction should be nerfed...that’s it. Honestly, it’s surprising to me that people are so vehement on protecting this faction. When I simply asked for a nerf because I noticed that they were a bit overpowered for their level.

    This post is really hilarious. Seriously, Phoenix overpowered in early and mid game? HAH! That's really funny. They are powerful in early game, good in mid game, and barely passable in end game. Seriously they are not that hard at all. First order is a faction you can farm easily early game that can beat them. Separatist can consistently beat them as well at that stage (Since you are having problems there I'm guessing you either do something wrong in your strategy, ignore/underestimate mods, or both). And of course Imperial Troopers can beat them at much lower gear. They are pretty good to farm mid game as well (especially Moff Gideon, the most versatile in the entire faction. Good in early, mid and end game, and farmable on Cantina 4-E).
    Your entire argument can be boiled down to: "I'm having trouble against this one team, therefore they should be nerfed", and then act surprised when a lot of people disagree with you. It's so entertaining to watch.
    I also like how you say:
    No amount of backlash or argument of the contrary will change my mind. I’ve played too many games in my life to know that they are bad for the game and should be removed or nerfed HEAVILY.
    Like, dude, different games have different rules. If anything, your experience disadvantages you since you apply those rules to this game instead of learning the actual rules of this game. I suggest you stop blaming the game for your incompetence. After all: In order to improve, one must first admit their shortcomings.
    P.s. What exactly do you mean by "for their level". Cause the level of a character is the least important factor for their strength in this game. So I once again feel like you are applying logic and rules of other games to this one. But I'm not sure and might be misunderstanding this one.
  • Waqui
    8063 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    [...]

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Many players build an empire team as their 2nd or 3rd team. Empire teams with EP, Vader and Thrawn as their core members are great vs. Phoenix as well.

    You really should fix your quotes. They are a mess.

    But that’s the thing, sure a lot of people might go for an imperial team, but what about the people who don’t? This game doesn’t help new players very much at all when it comes to the ins and outs of everything. And the biggest problem is that it takes forever to get up a full team, so if you are already working on a team it’s unwise to start working on another unless it’s on the opposite side. I saw so many people using Phoenix that I got sick of it and wanted to instead make a team that was unique for my level. And the game punished that. Because going against what the creators have predetermined to be the best strat is just unthinkable. The problem is not what team I have, the problem is that the Phoenix Faction...solely the Phoenix faction have abilities that outclass the level they are supposed to be.

    Believe me, there are other teams I could have mentioned as being annoying or frustrating to go against. But I didn’t mention them because even though they are frustrating they are still beatable.

    I’m not coming in here and saying that the entire system is bad, I’m just saying, as a new player, that the Phoenix Faction should be nerfed...that’s it. Honestly, it’s surprising to me that people are so vehement on protecting this faction. When I simply asked for a nerf because I noticed that they were a bit overpowered for their level.

    No, Phoenix don't outclass everything at early stages. They are good, yes, and they unlock two legendary characters but your inability to beat them doesn't make them too powerful. There are teams that can beat them. Maybe you can even build your separatists strong enough to beat them. Did you try with Nute lead? How are your mods on your separatists? Do you have any other viable teams available? If you want help you could link your profile on swgoh.gg. Alternatively have patience, build your separatists, unlock Padmé and then come back and beat Phoenix teams (along with many other teams) with your republic team.

    I'm not protecting the Phoenix faction. I'm telling you that there are multiple factions that can beat them without nerfing the Phoenix faction.

  • My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Imperial troopers are an early farm, as are geonosians. In my alt when I started it under 2 years ago I ran Nute with the 4 geonosians available early in the game. Got 20th in squad arena for over 2 months before the whales started pushing me out. neither team is a difficult farm. Jedi and NS aren't a difficult farm.

    Let me make it even easier for you. ANY toon with a high damage AOE with other toons that can ability block/healing block will wipe the floor with Phoenix. You can even farm ewoks and wipe the floor with Phoenix.

  • Believe me, there are other teams I could have mentioned as being annoying or frustrating to go against. But I didn’t mention them because even though they are frustrating they are still beatable.

    I’m not coming in here and saying that the entire system is bad, I’m just saying, as a new player, that the Phoenix Faction should be nerfed...that’s it. Honestly, it’s surprising to me that people are so vehement on protecting this faction. When I simply asked for a nerf because I noticed that they were a bit overpowered for their level.

    Spoiler alert: there's lots of teams in this game that are annoying and/or frustrating to go against. So like I said in my first post, if Phoenix is already frustrating you you're in for a bad time. this is a Rock-Paper-Scissors game. Very few teams can face EVERY OTHER team and win. Traya teams are never going to beat Darth Revan. Doesn't mean DRevs needs to be nerfed. It means you use someone ELSE against Darth Revan. Like another poster said, Seps should do the job. So your mods, your strategy, etc. is the problem. Not the Phoenix faction.

    People aren't 'protecting' Phoenix faction. You are not the first player to come on here and complain and moan that a toon or squad needs to be nerfed with the sole reason being you don't like it/struggle to beat it/can't beat it. Those people are also not playing the game properly. Learn about modding, learn about toon abilities, and learn about the toons you're using and strategies for teams.

    TL;DR- Git Gud.
  • Kyno
    28142 posts Moderator
    Waqui wrote: »
    [...]

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Many players build an empire team as their 2nd or 3rd team. Empire teams with EP, Vader and Thrawn as their core members are great vs. Phoenix as well.

    You really should fix your quotes. They are a mess.

    But that’s the thing, sure a lot of people might go for an imperial team, but what about the people who don’t? This game doesn’t help new players very much at all when it comes to the ins and outs of everything. And the biggest problem is that it takes forever to get up a full team, so if you are already working on a team it’s unwise to start working on another unless it’s on the opposite side. I saw so many people using Phoenix that I got sick of it and wanted to instead make a team that was unique for my level. And the game punished that. Because going against what the creators have predetermined to be the best strat is just unthinkable. The problem is not what team I have, the problem is that the Phoenix Faction...solely the Phoenix faction have abilities that outclass the level they are supposed to be.

    Believe me, there are other teams I could have mentioned as being annoying or frustrating to go against. But I didn’t mention them because even though they are frustrating they are still beatable.

    I’m not coming in here and saying that the entire system is bad, I’m just saying, as a new player, that the Phoenix Faction should be nerfed...that’s it. Honestly, it’s surprising to me that people are so vehement on protecting this faction. When I simply asked for a nerf because I noticed that they were a bit overpowered for their level.

    Building your roster is a skill and requires a strategy. Yes it takes time and planning, that is the point.

    You may need to build a counter team to something you see often, yes.

    If you want to build something unique to your level, that's a great idea, but that thing better be able to take on what you see at your level also. You are not being punished, but you may have made a bad plan.

    Actually most early game stuff is "all new", the dev designed early game strategy has come and gone, what is left is what the players have devised as the most effective teams to build and use that help plan and manage resources appropriately. You dont have yo follow anyone elses plan, but those plans are built on years of in game knowledge and keen minds planning the lowest resource path to mid/late game.

    Phoenix is fine and even a great example for players to see the design of the game when it comes to team building strategy. Adapt and overcome is the name of the game. I dont use them so I have nothing to protect. They were fun, they have their place, the have long term benefits in their ships. People are defending the strategy that helps new players make the smartest investment choices, but you can make your own choices and see where that leads you.

    If you have a different strategy, please share, we may even be able to help guide you a bit, but if you see a team you face often, you may want to ensure your strategy can deal with them, as that is something very common in this game as you develop into TW and GAC.
  • Phoenixes are toasted at secrets and shadows...
  • Darksamus51
    10 posts Member
    edited February 23
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    [...]

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Many players build an empire team as their 2nd or 3rd team. Empire teams with EP, Vader and Thrawn as their core members are great vs. Phoenix as well.

    You really should fix your quotes. They are a mess.

    But that’s the thing, sure a lot of people might go for an imperial team, but what about the people who don’t? This game doesn’t help new players very much at all when it comes to the ins and outs of everything. And the biggest problem is that it takes forever to get up a full team, so if you are already working on a team it’s unwise to start working on another unless it’s on the opposite side. I saw so many people using Phoenix that I got sick of it and wanted to instead make a team that was unique for my level. And the game punished that. Because going against what the creators have predetermined to be the best strat is just unthinkable. The problem is not what team I have, the problem is that the Phoenix Faction...solely the Phoenix faction have abilities that outclass the level they are supposed to be.

    Believe me, there are other teams I could have mentioned as being annoying or frustrating to go against. But I didn’t mention them because even though they are frustrating they are still beatable.

    I’m not coming in here and saying that the entire system is bad, I’m just saying, as a new player, that the Phoenix Faction should be nerfed...that’s it. Honestly, it’s surprising to me that people are so vehement on protecting this faction. When I simply asked for a nerf because I noticed that they were a bit overpowered for their level.

    This post is really hilarious. Seriously, Phoenix overpowered in early and mid game? HAH! That's really funny. They are powerful in early game, good in mid game, and barely passable in end game. Seriously they are not that hard at all. First order is a faction you can farm easily early game that can beat them. Separatist can consistently beat them as well at that stage (Since you are having problems there I'm guessing you either do something wrong in your strategy, ignore/underestimate mods, or both). And of course Imperial Troopers can beat them at much lower gear. They are pretty good to farm mid game as well (especially Moff Gideon, the most versatile in the entire faction. Good in early, mid and end game, and farmable on Cantina 4-E).
    Your entire argument can be boiled down to: "I'm having trouble against this one team, therefore they should be nerfed", and then act surprised when a lot of people disagree with you. It's so entertaining to watch.
    I also like how you say:
    No amount of backlash or argument of the contrary will change my mind. I’ve played too many games in my life to know that they are bad for the game and should be removed or nerfed HEAVILY.
    Like, dude, different games have different rules. If anything, your experience disadvantages you since you apply those rules to this game instead of learning the actual rules of this game. I suggest you stop blaming the game for your incompetence. After all: In order to improve, one must first admit their shortcomings.
    P.s. What exactly do you mean by "for their level". Cause the level of a character is the least important factor for their strength in this game. So I once again feel like you are applying logic and rules of other games to this one. But I'm not sure and might be misunderstanding this one.

    This game attempts to be a turn based strategy game. So I, as a gamer, apply my previous knowledge of turn based strategy games so that I have a slightly better ability to play it. Like I said, I’m not blaming the system of how the game works. My team is getting to the point in level, where Phoenix teams have been easier and easier to beat. I can’t tell you why my separatist team wasn’t able to beat Phoenix for awhile, I am new to the game so there is a chance that somewhere in one of the move descriptions I have either forgotten something or overlooked something. But I doubt that’s the case since I’ve read all the moves with the intention to learn them multiple times.


    TVF wrote: »
    No amount of backlash or argument of the contrary will change my mind.

    Then why are you still posting?

    Because I’m trying to both understand why the Phoenix allies are so hard to beat early game and see if others agreed with me that they should be nerfed. If people don’t think they should be nerfed than that’s fine. I think there should be a better way of handling early game as far as how the game teaches you. Like putting, “If a character or team have a lot of moves that debuff yours you might want to either try stunning them, locking their moves, or use characters that cleanse themselves and others of debuffs.”



    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Imperial troopers are an early farm, as are geonosians. In my alt when I started it under 2 years ago I ran Nute with the 4 geonosians available early in the game. Got 20th in squad arena for over 2 months before the whales started pushing me out. neither team is a difficult farm. Jedi and NS aren't a difficult farm.

    Let me make it even easier for you. ANY toon with a high damage AOE with other toons that can ability block/healing block will wipe the floor with Phoenix. You can even farm ewoks and wipe the floor with Phoenix.

    Thanks for letting me know. Once again, the early game for new players is not as detailed as it should be. It was only until a few days in that somebody outside of the game told me that levels weren’t the most important thing to a character’s strength. And what did I do after that? I started going heavy on gear, stars, and mods. I’m trying to learn the game, I’m trying to get better at it. It was that same person who made me realize that factions actually mattered and that members of factions gave each other bonuses. I had thought that might be the case but I didn’t know that for sure yet. So I started farming for the separatist faction cause they looked fun to play and I heard that they were pretty good in late game.


    I’m not saying I’m good at the game by any means. As you can see, it took me awhile to realize a lot of things about the game. In fact a lot of my knowledge comes from YouTube videos and stuff I have put together while playing. I may be wrong about this. I can admit that without shame, I might just be wrong. But as a new player to the game, the Phoenix allies where a torturous experience to fight. They weren’t the only team or units that I consistently lost to, but they were the ones that felt overpowered rather than just stronger than mine. I very well may be wrong and I’m willing to accept that easily. I didn’t mean to be rude or to attack anybody, I tried to be as civil as I could. So I’m sorry if anything I said was hurtful.

    My intention with games is always to get better. If I start having trouble with the game I immediately seek help and look for strats outside the game. Which is why I looked up videos about separatist teams and how to beat Phoenix allies with them. If I am not understanding something I look it up. If I hit a difficult roadblock I try to beat it as best I can. If I’m unable to surmount the roadblock I look for help or I wait awhile to try again. Phoenix is the only roadblock I have come across that truly threw me for a loop. Maybe I could have done more to learn about them and beat them. Maybe they shouldn’t be nerfed but the game may just need to explain things better. I’m willing to accept that. I still personally would rather see them nerfed. But I understand why that might not be a good idea.

    Thanks for talking guys. You obviously love the game, so you have a lot of passion for talking about it. I personally can’t wait until I am Max level 85 and have all the units and teams I could want to beat others with.
    Post edited by Darksamus51 on
  • “Low gear imperial troopers can auto a g12 phoenix team. Geonosians under Dooku or Nute can wipe them. That's just 2 of them. Beating Phoenix doesn't require luck. It requires understanding of their kits and understanding the kits of the toons you're using.”

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Switch to Nute L. With that team, you should be putting Phoenix in the grave.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Imperial troopers are an early farm, as are geonosians. In my alt when I started it under 2 years ago I ran Nute with the 4 geonosians available early in the game. Got 20th in squad arena for over 2 months before the whales started pushing me out. neither team is a difficult farm. Jedi and NS aren't a difficult farm.

    Let me make it even easier for you. ANY toon with a high damage AOE with other toons that can ability block/healing block will wipe the floor with Phoenix. You can even farm ewoks and wipe the floor with Phoenix.

    Ok, that last bit's wrong. Without Wicket (8A Dark Side HN farm), Phoenix counter Ewoks.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • i do not know if you're in a guild. However my best advice to you is to get into an active guild. ideally a starter guild in a larger alliance; I can only speak for my own autonomous collective but our starter guild is set up as educational for new players who have a million and one questions to glean information from those of us who've been playing much longer. I would assume many have a similar setup.

    So find a good group of players who have the experience to lean on. Cuz there's a ton of us out in the SWGOH universe.
  • “Low gear imperial troopers can auto a g12 phoenix team. Geonosians under Dooku or Nute can wipe them. That's just 2 of them. Beating Phoenix doesn't require luck. It requires understanding of their kits and understanding the kits of the toons you're using.”

    My line up is usually, Count Dooku (Leader), Nute Gunray, Magna Guard, B1 Battle Droid, and Droideka.

    “Geonosians. Nightsisters. Imperial Troopers. SE. Jedi.” Thats only if you have those units, and it’s unlikely that you will have them near the start of the game into mid game.

    Switch to Nute L. With that team, you should be putting Phoenix in the grave.

    Ehhh. Not sure about this one. A lot of Nute lead's strength comes from the omega upgrade. So mid game Dooku lead is generally coincided to be better.
  • i do not know if you're in a guild. However my best advice to you is to get into an active guild. ideally a starter guild in a larger alliance; I can only speak for my own autonomous collective but our starter guild is set up as educational for new players who have a million and one questions to glean information from those of us who've been playing much longer. I would assume many have a similar setup.

    So find a good group of players who have the experience to lean on. Cuz there's a ton of us out in the SWGOH universe.

    I’m in a good guild, which has been nice since I’ve been able to get high level gear earlier than I’m supposed to. But I feel bad for being a part of it at times cause I can’t help them as much as I would want.
  • TVF
    27419 posts Member
    Work on your Phoenix :wink:
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Work on your Phoenix :wink:

    No thanks, but I appreciate the help.
Sign In or Register to comment.