Conquest!! Razorcrest Confirmed in video???

2Next

Replies

• @RTS

Yes, That's what I'm saying. They're bottlenecking instant mastery of the game mode by releasing it at a difficulty that requires toons not yet available. If you have 8M gp, you have all the relic levels you need, but if you need specific kits or if your toons are losing Stamina too quickly, just having a lot of r7 toons isn't enough.

And to be clear, they're going to design it so that you need specific kits and/or you'll lose stamina too quickly. Future GLs will save us from that fate, but only when CG decides it's time to offer us that grace.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RTS

Yes, That's what I'm saying. They're bottlenecking instant mastery of the game mode by releasing it at a difficulty that requires toons not yet available. If you have 8M gp, you have all the relic levels you need, but if you need specific kits or if your toons are losing Stamina too quickly, just having a lot of r7 toons isn't enough.

And to be clear, they're going to design it so that you need specific kits and/or you'll lose stamina too quickly. Future GLs will save us from that fate, but only when CG decides it's time to offer us that grace.

@MasterSeedy first source?

Second, the whole game mode is adaptable and scalable, so if what you are saying is true, they will just adjust it when new GLs comes out.....

Things are procedurally generated, so there is no exact targeting towards the teams you will need to use. Yes proper counters will help you save energy and spread out stamina, but you will not need a specific team of you have the skills to use multiple counter teams against an opponent.
  • Bit sad to hear this.... as i would have whaled on this ship..... but i guess it has a silver lining in that i can achieve it for free sorta
  • It was confirmed in the in-game update notice. New BH ship. Breach synergies. Inflicts marked. Could be a very nice addition indeed to BH ships.
  • This is what I'm saying, not what another source is saying.

When they released the TBs they didn't intend for us to master it right away. They set it up so that we would have a goal towards which we could build our roster. And that wasn't accidental or whimsical, they did it that way because it's a combination of good game design and good capitalism.

I'm asserting that unless they forsake good game design or good capitalism or both, then however generated the challenges will be sufficient to prevent instant mastery and that there will be an inherent limit on our rosters that make that mastery impossible until CG chooses to make it possible.

There are multiple ways to do that, of course, but the obvious one is to include obstacles of sufficient difficulty that you have to have more GLs available to you than currently exist in the game. Anyone could (in theory) r7 every toon currently available, and with r8 a mere % stat boost with no special new abilities, r7 + constant mod movement is going to be equal-ish to r8 for the vast majority of toons that don't have god mods on them all the time. R7 or even r8-level difficulty, then, is not a solid barrier against mastery of the game mode.

The only way, then, to really prevent mastery of the game mode is to include challenges which require not-yet-existent ships/characters to efficiently defeat.

Thus my conclusion that at least 6 GLs will be required for game mode mastery.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is what I'm saying, not what another source is saying.

When they released the TBs they didn't intend for us to master it right away. They set it up so that we would have a goal towards which we could build our roster. And that wasn't accidental or whimsical, they did it that way because it's a combination of good game design and good capitalism.

I'm asserting that unless they forsake good game design or good capitalism or both, then however generated the challenges will be sufficient to prevent instant mastery and that there will be an inherent limit on our rosters that make that mastery impossible until CG chooses to make it possible.

There are multiple ways to do that, of course, but the obvious one is to include obstacles of sufficient difficulty that you have to have more GLs available to you than currently exist in the game. Anyone could (in theory) r7 every toon currently available, and with r8 a mere % stat boost with no special new abilities, r7 + constant mod movement is going to be equal-ish to r8 for the vast majority of toons that don't have god mods on them all the time. R7 or even r8-level difficulty, then, is not a solid barrier against mastery of the game mode.

The only way, then, to really prevent mastery of the game mode is to include challenges which require not-yet-existent ships/characters to efficiently defeat.

Thus my conclusion that at least 6 GLs will be required for game mode mastery.

Your conclusion and the somewhat odd way you got there is wrong.

A developed roster has nothing to do with how many GLs you have. I would imagine that someone with a very deep roster could beat this game mode without using a single GL.

They are not setting a bar that no one can beat until they choose, that is simply not accurate.

Honestly mastery of this game mode has less to do with developing your roster, as it has to do with understanding teams/counters and the data discs, and consumables.

In this statement you are being a little more general, which makes some of what you are saying more accurate, I was responding to your specific statement that it will be designed so you need X to beat Y, and that is simply not true.
  • @Kyno
    They are not setting a bar that no one can beat until they choose, that is simply not accurate.

It seems part of the problem is that you're conflating "beating" the event with "mastering" the event.

My guild beats the Rancor Challenge Tier every time these days. But we haven't mastered it. These are two different words with two different meanings, yet you're treating them as if there is no distinction. There is.

Another part of the problem seems to be that you're just not reading me carefully. For instance you state:
    A developed roster has nothing to do with how many GLs you have.

This comes across as a very weird statement to me for a couple reasons:
    1. I never said the opposite, so I have no idea what you're responding to, and
    2. If we were to discuss this statement, I would say the opposite, and I honestly expect you would as well.

You seriously expect me to believe that a player with a more developed roster is precisely as likely to have some number of Galactic Legends as someone with a less developed roster? No one believes that, not even you. The development of your roster is strongly correlated with the number of GLs you have because if you develop your roster enough, you'll qualify for GLs, and if you don't develop your roster enough, you can't have any GLs at all.

You say it has roster development "nothing to do" with GLs, but in fact it has **tons & tons** to do with GLs. Is it possible to have a developed roster without having any GLs? Well, sure. You can qualify & just not do the event, so of course it's possible. But all that means is "having a developed roster" is not **exactly the same** as having a GL.

They still have something to do with each other. In fact, they still have quite a lot to do with each other.

So I don't always know what you're responding to, you don't seem to be wording what you intend very carefully, since I don't honestly think you believe or intended to say that roster development has nothing to do with GLs, but since that's exactly what you said, even if you didn't intend to say it, I simply cannot adequate reply to whatever your hidden meaning actually is.

I believe that there's something called "mastery" which is different from beating a thing once and even different from beating something 3 times in a row. I believe "mastery" will not be achieved without having a large number of GLs in your roster so that you can combine brute force with selecting the most advantageous kit possible. By combining reasonably careful kit selection with overpowering might, I believe it will be possible to master the game mode such that you won't have headaches wondering about which moves will be most advantageous, but instead will simply enter each and every Galactic Conquest knowing you're going to not just win, but will achieve the maximum rewards. Players who have mastered the event will be entirely unworried about the state of the resources you might use along the way. If you don't always make the most advantageous move, that's fine, since your choices will always be good enough to achieve max rewards. That's not "winning". That's "mastery". (There is yet another level, in my mind, which is trivialization. If you trivialize an event, that would indicate you need no strategy at all and can throw in any of a large number of squads/fleets, press auto, and move on. I don't know when, if ever, Galactic Conquest will be trivialized, but I thought I would spell it out to be clear that "mastery" is not the same as "trivializing". I'm not talking about putting something on auto, but I am talking about never needing to worry you'll get less than the best possible rewards.)

I don't think that mastery will be available to people the first or 2nd time through, though I'm sure some number of people will get max rewards. I could be wrong, but my experience with Galactic Challenges & Territory Battles is enough for me to believe that they don't want to release new content that is trivial for endgame players to max out when it is first released.

Given that they can't effectively control access to relic levels below r8, and given that r8 does not allow new abilities, but merely adds incremental increases to stats, I personally believe that the key to mastery will be having 6 or more GLs.

I'm also curious as to whether there will be portions of the fleet engagements that will effectively require Razorcrest. If some of the feats require Razorcrest, then maximum rewards will be impossible until people unlock & upgrade this specific ship - which is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. It may or may not be possible to "win" the Conquest for the majority of people. But I seriously doubt that anyone will max it out the first few times. I even unconvinced that it will be possible in theory to max it out, since it may very well require something we don't have yet to do all the feats, with Razorcrest the prime candidate for that missing something.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    RTS

Second, the whole game mode is adaptable and scalable, so if what you are saying is true, they will just adjust it when new GLs comes out...

Am I the only one getting worried by this? It sounds like they will just up the difficulty when too many ftp get close to top rewards. So far, everything can be beaten without spending eventually, but if this is true, it might no longer be the case.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    You don't get to make up your own definition of words, specific to the context, and then tell others they're wrong.

"We beat X every time, but we haven't MASTERED it yet"

'You haven't MASTERED it until you have more GLs than are currently in the game.'

'So what if you can beat it without GLs? You haven't MASTERED it'

Just L O freaking L
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

I'm also curious as to whether there will be portions of the fleet engagements that will effectively require Razorcrest. If some of the feats require Razorcrest, then maximum rewards will be impossible until people unlock & upgrade this specific ship - which is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Well, since there aren't any fleet or ship engagements in Conquest....
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »

I'm also curious as to whether there will be portions of the fleet engagements that will effectively require Razorcrest. If some of the feats require Razorcrest, then maximum rewards will be impossible until people unlock & upgrade this specific ship - which is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about.

That doesn't mean there won't be any in the future, though. But considering what Kyno said about the feats, it probably won't require RC directly (but GC might, if it gets ships). More something along the lines of "inflict breach X times" that is easier with RC but not impossible without it.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »

That doesn't mean there won't be any in the future, though. But considering what Kyno said about the feats, it probably won't require RC directly (but GC might, if it gets ships). More something along the lines of "inflict breach X times" that is easier with RC but not impossible without it.

Sure, nothing is set in stone - and even if they said "It will NEVER have fleets" that doesn't mean it won't 2 years from now when staff has turned over.

But there's no point in hand-wringing NOW and discussing feats etc for the NOW when we know that it is not, and will not be anytime soon, involved.

Kind of like complaining about 6 GLs when we only have 4 in the game and there isn't even an announcement yet for another 2.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RTS

Second, the whole game mode is adaptable and scalable, so if what you are saying is true, they will just adjust it when new GLs comes out...

Am I the only one getting worried by this? It sounds like they will just up the difficulty when too many ftp get close to top rewards. So far, everything can be beaten without spending eventually, but if this is true, it might no longer be the case.

If you think like the post I was responding to does, sure. But its not realistic.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    RTS

If you think like the post I was responding to does, sure. But its not realistic.

Is it not? I thought that you said that difficulty rescaling will likely happen, and this is only a matter of rate. At this point, the top rewards of hard mode will probably be out of reach for most ftp if a wide roster of r8 characters is needed. The only question is at which point will the rescaling happen and how dramatic it will be. If you have any info concerning this, share it. Otherwise your guess is as good as mine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno

It seems part of the problem is that you're conflating "beating" the event with "mastering" the event.

My guild beats the Rancor Challenge Tier every time these days. But we haven't mastered it. These are two different words with two different meanings, yet you're treating them as if there is no distinction. There is.

I dont make that distinction, sorry I misunderstood that you put that level to this.

This is a grinder game mode, you are meant to develop and push further as time goes on. Mastery of a game mode like this will happen much earlier than beating it, as there is a learning curve to mastery of anything.

It is meant to "stop progress" by making it more difficult each step, sectors scale gear level, then across a sector they have a % increase in stats. Balancing energy usage, stamina, and data discs will all be part of your mastery of this event, and may help you progress further as you start to understand how to build and manage your capacity there.

All of that has nothing to do with your roster build or development.

Another part of the problem seems to be that you're just not reading me carefully. For instance you state:
    A developed roster has nothing to do with how many GLs you have.

This comes across as a very weird statement to me for a couple reasons:
    1. I never said the opposite, so I have no idea what you're responding to, and
    2. If we were to discuss this statement, I would say the opposite, and I honestly expect you would as well.

You seriously expect me to believe that a player with a more developed roster is precisely as likely to have some number of Galactic Legends as someone with a less developed roster? No one believes that, not even you. The development of your roster is strongly correlated with the number of GLs you have because if you develop your roster enough, you'll qualify for GLs, and if you don't develop your roster enough, you can't have any GLs at all.

You say it has roster development "nothing to do" with GLs, but in fact it has **tons & tons** to do with GLs. Is it possible to have a developed roster without having any GLs? Well, sure. You can qualify & just not do the event, so of course it's possible. But all that means is "having a developed roster" is not **exactly the same** as having a GL.

They still have something to do with each other. In fact, they still have quite a lot to do with each other.

So I don't always know what you're responding to, you don't seem to be wording what you intend very carefully, since I don't honestly think you believe or intended to say that roster development has nothing to do with GLs, but since that's exactly what you said, even if you didn't intend to say it, I simply cannot adequate reply to whatever your hidden meaning actually is.

I was responding to you saying it will require 6 GLs to beat it, or master it (which every you said), which may make it easier being able to balance your stamina, has nothing to do with actual game play. Not every team has to be countered with a GL, many teams have counters that are lower gear/relic level than they are. It's about game knowledge, not specific faction owning. Much like the strategy for TW and GAC, you will benefit from having/knowing/developing counters to teams you will commonly see.

The development of your roster has nothing directly tied to GLs. I have a shard mate who is very skilled at off counters and only just now started unlocking and using GLs. I also said not using GLs in my statement, not to say someone didnt have them, just that it's not a necessity.

I believe that there's something called "mastery" which is different from beating a thing once and even different from beating something 3 times in a row. I believe "mastery" will not be achieved without having a large number of GLs in your roster so that you can combine brute force with selecting the most advantageous kit possible. By combining reasonably careful kit selection with overpowering might, I believe it will be possible to master the game mode such that you won't have headaches wondering about which moves will be most advantageous, but instead will simply enter each and every Galactic Conquest knowing you're going to not just win, but will achieve the maximum rewards. Players who have mastered the event will be entirely unworried about the state of the resources you might use along the way. If you don't always make the most advantageous move, that's fine, since your choices will always be good enough to achieve max rewards. That's not "winning". That's "mastery". (There is yet another level, in my mind, which is trivialization. If you trivialize an event, that would indicate you need no strategy at all and can throw in any of a large number of squads/fleets, press auto, and move on. I don't know when, if ever, Galactic Conquest will be trivialized, but I thought I would spell it out to be clear that "mastery" is not the same as "trivializing". I'm not talking about putting something on auto, but I am talking about never needing to worry you'll get less than the best possible rewards.)

I don't think that mastery will be available to people the first or 2nd time through, though I'm sure some number of people will get max rewards. I could be wrong, but my experience with Galactic Challenges & Territory Battles is enough for me to believe that they don't want to release new content that is trivial for endgame players to max out when it is first released.

Given that they can't effectively control access to relic levels below r8, and given that r8 does not allow new abilities, but merely adds incremental increases to stats, I personally believe that the key to mastery will be having 6 or more GLs.

I'm also curious as to whether there will be portions of the fleet engagements that will effectively require Razorcrest. If some of the feats require Razorcrest, then maximum rewards will be impossible until people unlock & upgrade this specific ship - which is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. It may or may not be possible to "win" the Conquest for the majority of people. But I seriously doubt that anyone will max it out the first few times. I even unconvinced that it will be possible in theory to max it out, since it may very well require something we don't have yet to do all the feats, with Razorcrest the prime candidate for that missing something.

Please see my above response about mastery, I am very unclear how mastery has anything to with ownership, mastery in my mind is a practiced skill set that allows you to navigate a situation.

Owning the right tools does not make you a master of woodworking, you gain mastery through doing. Someone who has mastered a skill will not always need a particular tool to do something in their craft, they have gained the mastery to understand how to use things efficiently and maybe even in unexpected ways that were. Ot intended but do the job.

So I am very unclear how you will need to own GLs to master this game mode.

There are currently no fleet elements in this game mode, but the possibility is built in, and just not implemented at this time.

It is absolutely possible to max it out, I imagine we will see this alot in the first one where many players are doing the normal tier. Hard is a different story, but when we get there cna see what other see.
  • I’m sure others have been wondering if the Razor Crest will continue to be in conquest once it’s done or is it a one time thing? I would think they would add it to conquest for a while then set it to be farmable since it seems there will be multiple exclusive characters to that event. Or would they have multiple exclusive characters in conquest at the same time in the future? We like to Doja Fett it Crumb to respond to this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    13jkelly wrote: »
    I’m sure others have been wondering if the Razor Crest will continue to be in conquest once it’s done or is it a one time thing? I would think they would add it to conquest for a while then set it to be farmable since it seems there will be multiple exclusive characters to that event. Or would they have multiple exclusive characters in conquest at the same time in the future? We like to Doja Fett it Crumb to respond to this.

@13jkelly only time will tell, for now this is the event to get it. There are no other plans to share at this time.

With the cap in place, it is highly likely this was done to keep this as a possible location for new characters without putting any particular segment of the player base at any significant disadvantage.

(New players cant hoard or have smaller stashes than older players, for example)