Kit Reveal: Razor Crest

13Next

Replies

  • First, let me say that you're correct: HT was not the only ship designed to benefit from Breach. As you say, all BH ships except Slave1 were designed to benefit from Breach.

    I can't defend my error. I will, however, say that I'm still not enthusiastic about this without seeing more because HT is the only worthwhile ship that benefits much from Breach. I'll elaborate below, but I don't think that XB benefits enough, in part because I want XB out right away and the synergy only kicks in if XB is used as a reinforcement. I also think that IG-2000 isn't necessarily a bad ship, but IG-88 is a bad toon, and without the need to boost his ship, he's not worth giving any rare gear. If gear is wasted on the pilot, then it's hard to have a ship that's powerful enough that the synergy even matters.
    Also Xanadu Blood has strong synergy with it, while also infcliting it left and right.

    XB has zero synergy with breach unless brought in as a reinforcement. You might argue that its synergy is "strong" if it is used as a reinforcement, but I wouldn't go that far. It increases damage against Breached enemies & breached enemies inflict less damage. That's useful, sure, but but a flat +%Offense & +%defense would be more useful, since it would apply universally and would not allow the enemy a chance to resist.

    Basically, yes, XB has synergy, only when used as a reinforcement, otherwise zero synergy, and the synergy that exists isn't impressive.

    HT has some but not great synergy with Breach at first glance, but because it's the best tank in the game, because the particular form the synergy takes is to keep HT taunting, and because on basic it heals itself if it has taunt (and it gets/maintains Taunt because of Breach), it has that extra bit of synergy with Taunt that is effectively a back-door synergy with Breach.
    Literally every single ability (except the reinforcement) on IG-2000 has synergy with breach.
    Finally, I agree that IG-2000 has the strongest breach synergy, but IG-88 is a toon on the low-end of mediocre, so to get that ship working at useful levels you have to gear a toon that I would never bother to gear otherwise. Without a high-gear IG-88 you might have tight Breach synergy, but you have tight synergy on a worthless ship. I don't remember if IG-88 requires any StunGuns (though I doubt it requires many, as an attacker), but I wouldn't want to give him any of those in today's game. My IG-88 is g10, but that was done long, long ago & I haven't touched his gear or his mods in maybe 3 years.
  • Kyno
    31658 posts Moderator
    First, let me say that you're correct: HT was not the only ship designed to benefit from Breach. As you say, all BH ships except Slave1 were designed to benefit from Breach.

    I can't defend my error. I will, however, say that I'm still not enthusiastic about this without seeing more because HT is the only worthwhile ship that benefits much from Breach. I'll elaborate below, but I don't think that XB benefits enough, in part because I want XB out right away and the synergy only kicks in if XB is used as a reinforcement. I also think that IG-2000 isn't necessarily a bad ship, but IG-88 is a bad toon, and without the need to boost his ship, he's not worth giving any rare gear. If gear is wasted on the pilot, then it's hard to have a ship that's powerful enough that the synergy even matters.
    Also Xanadu Blood has strong synergy with it, while also infcliting it left and right.

    XB has zero synergy with breach unless brought in as a reinforcement. You might argue that its synergy is "strong" if it is used as a reinforcement, but I wouldn't go that far. It increases damage against Breached enemies & breached enemies inflict less damage. That's useful, sure, but but a flat +%Offense & +%defense would be more useful, since it would apply universally and would not allow the enemy a chance to resist.

    Basically, yes, XB has synergy, only when used as a reinforcement, otherwise zero synergy, and the synergy that exists isn't impressive.

    HT has some but not great synergy with Breach at first glance, but because it's the best tank in the game, because the particular form the synergy takes is to keep HT taunting, and because on basic it heals itself if it has taunt (and it gets/maintains Taunt because of Breach), it has that extra bit of synergy with Taunt that is effectively a back-door synergy with Breach.
    Literally every single ability (except the reinforcement) on IG-2000 has synergy with breach.
    Finally, I agree that IG-2000 has the strongest breach synergy, but IG-88 is a toon on the low-end of mediocre, so to get that ship working at useful levels you have to gear a toon that I would never bother to gear otherwise. Without a high-gear IG-88 you might have tight Breach synergy, but you have tight synergy on a worthless ship. I don't remember if IG-88 requires any StunGuns (though I doubt it requires many, as an attacker), but I wouldn't want to give him any of those in today's game. My IG-88 is g10, but that was done long, long ago & I haven't touched his gear or his mods in maybe 3 years.

    I have won many a GAC due to my fleets, you may want to reconsider your stance on breach and BH ships.

    The good synergy helps make up some of the lower gear on pilots.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    @Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett is this a marque or galatic chase?

    Neither. Earned through Conquest.

    Source?
  • Kyno
    31658 posts Moderator
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno CG_Doja_Fett is this a marque or galatic chase?

    Neither. Earned through Conquest.

    Source?

    @ShaggyB
  • @Kyno

    I have never lost a GAC round, not one single GAC round, because of my ships. I am stronger in fleet than in squad, and have no trouble destroying their 2 defensive fleets in one shot each, while my defenses can often lose in one shot each, but hold a remarkable amount of the time - I'd say about 40%-ish of the time that they open the fleet territory I get at least one hold one at least one fleet. I haven't keep data, so you'll have to decide whether you trust my estimate, but the point is that I don't need BH ships to destroy enemy ships or to get holds against enemy attacks.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno CG_Doja_Fett is this a marque or galatic chase?

    Neither. Earned through Conquest.

    Source?

    @ShaggyB

    Thanks
  • Actually shouldn't the original slave 1 ship be released for Daddy Fett to fly...

    Not sure about synergy with Chimaera... Maybe we need to add the Guild as a faction. Looking forward to unlocking it
    This is the Way
  • To quote the great sirloki from rsg, "If fin drives a firetruck it's still a firetruck even though fin isn't a fireman."
  • First, let me say that you're correct: HT was not the only ship designed to benefit from Breach. As you say, all BH ships except Slave1 were designed to benefit from Breach.

    I can't defend my error. I will, however, say that I'm still not enthusiastic about this without seeing more because HT is the only worthwhile ship that benefits much from Breach. I'll elaborate below, but I don't think that XB benefits enough, in part because I want XB out right away and the synergy only kicks in if XB is used as a reinforcement. I also think that IG-2000 isn't necessarily a bad ship, but IG-88 is a bad toon, and without the need to boost his ship, he's not worth giving any rare gear. If gear is wasted on the pilot, then it's hard to have a ship that's powerful enough that the synergy even matters.
    Also Xanadu Blood has strong synergy with it, while also infcliting it left and right.

    XB has zero synergy with breach unless brought in as a reinforcement. You might argue that its synergy is "strong" if it is used as a reinforcement, but I wouldn't go that far. It increases damage against Breached enemies & breached enemies inflict less damage. That's useful, sure, but but a flat +%Offense & +%defense would be more useful, since it would apply universally and would not allow the enemy a chance to resist.

    Basically, yes, XB has synergy, only when used as a reinforcement, otherwise zero synergy, and the synergy that exists isn't impressive.

    HT has some but not great synergy with Breach at first glance, but because it's the best tank in the game, because the particular form the synergy takes is to keep HT taunting, and because on basic it heals itself if it has taunt (and it gets/maintains Taunt because of Breach), it has that extra bit of synergy with Taunt that is effectively a back-door synergy with Breach.
    Literally every single ability (except the reinforcement) on IG-2000 has synergy with breach.
    Finally, I agree that IG-2000 has the strongest breach synergy, but IG-88 is a toon on the low-end of mediocre, so to get that ship working at useful levels you have to gear a toon that I would never bother to gear otherwise. Without a high-gear IG-88 you might have tight Breach synergy, but you have tight synergy on a worthless ship. I don't remember if IG-88 requires any StunGuns (though I doubt it requires many, as an attacker), but I wouldn't want to give him any of those in today's game. My IG-88 is g10, but that was done long, long ago & I haven't touched his gear or his mods in maybe 3 years.

    I don't know what you mean by synergy only kicking in if XB is brought in as a reinforcement. Its basic applies breach and its AOE will breach target locked enemies. It is throwing more breach around than any other ship.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    @Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett is this a marque or galatic chase?

    Neither, it will be rewarded from the Conquest, at least for now.

  • Yeah conquest reward boxes. similar to the boxes from gc just (hopefully) a lot better
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    31658 posts Moderator
    Yeah conquest reward boxes. similar to the boxes from gc just (hopefully) a lot better

    They may be similar or even the same, there are several that can be obtained, essentially multiplying your rewards. But no one knows at this point. I would imagine that the end of event box is different and we dont know and I dont think we know which box(es) contain blueprints.
  • budgernaut:

    Inflicting breach isn't the same as having synergy with breach. Imagine you don't have any BH ships except for XB.

    You inflict Breach. What happens?

    Nothing. Breach on its own does nothing to injure or hinder or diminish the enemy ship and unless XB is brought in as a reinforcement, XB gains nothing either.

    So I'm drawing the distinction between "inflicting" and "synergizing".
  • Iy4oy4s
    2486 posts Member
    edited February 26
    budgernaut:

    Inflicting breach isn't the same as having synergy with breach. Imagine you don't have any BH ships except for XB.

    You inflict Breach. What happens?

    Nothing. Breach on its own does nothing to injure or hinder or diminish the enemy ship and unless XB is brought in as a reinforcement, XB gains nothing either.

    So I'm drawing the distinction between "inflicting" and "synergizing".

    Not true.

    While HT is active, Breached enemies have -25% evasion.
    While XB is active, Breached enemies have -25% offense.
    While IG is active, Breached enemies have -25% Crit Chance.
    While RC is active, Breached enemies have -30% Crit Damage
  • budgernaut:

    Inflicting breach isn't the same as having synergy with breach. Imagine you don't have any BH ships except for XB.

    You inflict Breach. What happens?

    Nothing. Breach on its own does nothing to injure or hinder or diminish the enemy ship and unless XB is brought in as a reinforcement, XB gains nothing either.

    So I'm drawing the distinction between "inflicting" and "synergizing".

    Breach itself: -25% speed and defense

    Like Iy4oy4s has pointed out:

    While HT is active, Breached enemies have -25% evasion.
    While XB is active, Breached enemies have -25% offense.
    While IG is active, Breached enemies have -25% Crit Chance.
    While RC is active, Breached enemies have -30% Crit Damage

    XB has a basic that inflicts breach aswell as a special that inflicts breach when enemy is target locked. HT has a special that inflicts breach. RC has a special that inflicts breach and here it comes - a unique that inflicts breach (can't be evaded or resisted which is huge) whenever one of the other BH ships uses a special. As soon as RC is present and you throw in some BH ships, breach is being applied left and right.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Budgernaut
    113 posts Member
    edited February 26
    budgernaut:

    Inflicting breach isn't the same as having synergy with breach. Imagine you don't have any BH ships except for XB.

    You inflict Breach. What happens?

    Nothing. Breach on its own does nothing to injure or hinder or diminish the enemy ship and unless XB is brought in as a reinforcement, XB gains nothing either.

    So I'm drawing the distinction between "inflicting" and "synergizing".

    Fair enough on the distinction between synergizing and inflicting. My point was that XB was key to any Breach synergy because it helps inflict Breach so much more.

    Also, Breach on its own inflicts -25% defense and -25% speed, although this does not stack with Speed Down or Defense Down. My point is that this makes XB useful even without other ships because if it inflicts Breach, that enemy is now -25% speed, -25% defense, and -25% offense (because of XB's presence). That's some good support there. It's not over-the-top like newer fleets, but it's still nothing to sneeze at.

    EDIT: I missed that Legend91 already covered Breach's base effects.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

    XB has a basic that inflicts breach aswell as a special that inflicts breach when enemy is target locked. HT has a special that inflicts breach. RC has a special that inflicts breach and here it comes - a unique that inflicts breach (can't be evaded or resisted which is huge) whenever one of the other BH ships uses a special. As soon as RC is present and you throw in some BH ships, breach is being applied left and right.

    This will be huge! If the enemy can't mass dispel the breach, Hound's Tooth will taunt the entire match! Even if the do dispel, it's not long before more breach is applied.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 4
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Moff Gideon’s Cruiser plz. Everything Moff Gideon.

    Only if we get the Dark Troopers that come with it!

    dark-troopers-1200x675.jpg

    Oh,hello there!
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
Sign In or Register to comment.