Use the already crated assets

cmg799
20 posts Member
edited February 2021
@CG_Doja_Fett you guys have all of there already created assets in the game...Jedi temple guard, biker scout, young Anakin, a-wing, b-wing, x-wing pilot Luke (maybe with red 5 that has somehow not made it to the game yet), clone captain, clone lieutenant (maybe fill out obi-wants 212th) to name just a few...why not have a week or so where you just dump these assets as playable characters? Seems like an easy win for the community while minimizing the overall workload for the developers...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Just dumping them in without reworking the their kits could be a disaster.

They don't have fully formed kits and may not be balanced with all other characters in the game. They could end up with infinite loops and all other types of bugs.

The art of a character is not the heaviest lift of them. And just because they have it in a battle doesn't mean they have them for a roster spot that we get to spin them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, see above.

Balance testing on new characters is huge and take a fair amount of time. There is no quick way to add stuff like that, especially not in any quantity.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah, see above.

Balance testing on new characters is huge and take a fair amount of time. There is no quick way to add stuff like that, especially not in any quantity.

I think it depends on what the goal is. I would love to see this type of dump for fleets just to get more units out there so we could have more ship content (Raid? GC? Separate GAC? And so forth). Keep the kits very basic so they don't require a lot of testing. I think CG is actually missing the appeal of adding characters without complicated kits. Sometimes I don't think they realize how these advanced mechanics turn away a lot of casual players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah, see above.

I think it depends on what the goal is. I would love to see this type of dump for fleets just to get more units out there so we could have more ship content (Raid? GC? Separate GAC? And so forth). Keep the kits very basic so they don't require a lot of testing. I think CG is actually missing the appeal of adding characters without complicated kits. Sometimes I don't think they realize how these advanced mechanics turn away a lot of casual players.

I agree this sounds good on paper, but this brings us to a similar conversation around the Razorcrest. If it's not bringing something to the table, players dont see a goal in investing, or there is little to no long term value. This is one of the things that can hurt new players too, investing in too many things or "the wrong things" early game. Not everyone looks to Youtube.

I agree about the complexity, but I would imagine that people being drawn in due to simple kits may leave after they see those investments being not worth the effort in the grand scheme of things.

There needs to be a balance and I 100% agree that we are leaning towards the complex side too much at times. I would also argue that tight synergy would be a better way to wrangle things in(but that can lead to issues of its own) vs just simplicity.