Help me beat a strong geo team. This is insanely aggravating.

So I've got DV, EP, J Bastila, GMY, all with zeta upgrades. Also got them at L13. Additionally I have Anakin, Ahsoka, Dooku, Maul, Sidious, QGJ all maxed minus zetas. I get absolutely thrashed by geonosian and clone teams. It's bad. Like totally annihilated.

What the hell am I doing wrong? I've got speed mod sets on about all of them. Nothing works though.

Help!

Replies

• Can you share your swgoh.gg page please?
  • Do you have mm zeta? Palp lead with Vader and any other good empire/sith destroys any geonosians
  • EP/Vader should crush Geos if you have the zetas on EP lead, Vader unique and Merciless Massacre. The rest of the team doesn't even really matter, just fill it with empire/sith to boost the speed from Vader's unique.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I have both - EP lead and DV MM. I get crushed. Vader is l13 and ep is l12. Nothing works.
  • * zEP lead
    * Vader fast enough to go first after Empire/Sith speed bonuses, with sides of potency and (crit) damage.
    * Force Crush
    * Merciless Massacre
    * basic 3 targets
    * Force Crush
    * Culling Blade
    * Proceed to squish the rest of the space roaches
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    * zEP lead
    * Vader fast enough to go first after Empire/Sith speed bonuses, with sides of potency and (crit) damage.
    * Force Crush
    * Merciless Massacre
    * basic 3 targets
    * Force Crush
    * Culling Blade

I actually cull the soldier immediately after crush/MM, then a few basics and use a 2nd cull on the spy. It leaves the Alpha alive, but those two are much squishier and with them dead the team does hardly any damage and loses most of its TM gain.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    * zEP lead
    * Force Crush
    * Merciless Massacre
    * basic 3 targets
    * Force Crush
    * Culling Blade

This is what I do on the rare occasions I see them anymore. I use culling blade on alpha. Gets Reid of the health equalization so you can kill them off one by one. Even better if you have a fast thrawn to neutralize brute. I do both force crushes on the brute if I don't have thrawn, so I don't get counterattacked.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited February 2021

What the hell am I doing wrong? I've got speed mod sets on about all of them.

Help!

^ is your problem. I bet you only have 50% mod added potency on your EP and Vader. Geos have enough base tenacity to really counter a poorly modded EP and Vader. It's rare to not see a GBA with 50% tenacity. If you don't the TM train going you die.

You mentioned having QGJ minus the zeta. That language hints you are kind of new. Check out Bobby's SWGOH counter teams. That could help but you need to watch videos on how to mod, the counter battles, and ask in discord.
    Discord counter chat room
    https://discord.gg/6kKXZepwsT
    You punch in a code =c Geonosians and it will tell you how to beat them

This 1 will tell you how to mod
    https://discord.gg/ghvsDmtCY9
  • Not so new - going to replace QGJ with bindo here soon. Just slacked on doing it.

Point noted otherwise. Going to re-mod EP and DV. By all accounts I should be stomping geos. Thx!
  • I run offense and critic chance sets on Vader with a potency primary cross. Geos are a cakewalk with mm.