Where to next?

Hi,
I'm lvl69 at the moment. My swgoh page: https://swgoh.gg/p/665736865/
I went for jedi squad first and unlocked Yoda. QGJ- Yoda-Old ben-ashoka-anakin is my current arena squad and best team.
Working on phoenix to get palp/thrawn to 7*. Got Vader and TIE pilot, working on Tarkin.
Goal is empire squad Palp-Thrawn-Vader-Tarkin- TIE pilot.
Have all mod challenges 3* so mod farming is no problem. Using crounchingrancor mod advisor for my phoenix to get the empire team.

Now that will cover a starting Jedi, Empire, Rebel squads. But where to go next? What squad/toons to focus on next? I have no idea in what direction to go.

Fleet wise i work on the pheonix ships and ashokas, which i'm currently using + Anakin once i unlock it.

And i'm looking for some active guild that would take a newish player, i'm in the starter guilds now. But that would probably be best to go look in the guilds section of the forum.

Thanks for all advice!

Replies

• Facebook and discord groups can help you get a guild, having a 7-star character enables you to always receive awards from the guild that make heroic sith with space for beginners.

Your plan is basically ok but your next emergency is the ships on the dark side.

In the yellow energy Bastila Shan / Boba and Jolee are your priorities, when releasing Bossk and Hounds' nodes they are a priority (you still don't have a level for that)
    Kylo unmasked + Tie Silencer 7 on energy in the canteen (you must close it before 83) after 83 go to Alpha Geonosian
    Geonosian ships in the currency of the galactic war, then Poogle and Cad
    Tarkin at Arena + nute / han ST
    At the ship shop buy the Geonosians
    In the energy of ships Speed ​​up the hunt for sun Fac and Bastila and Jolee
    Dengar must always be in the guild shop

Plan is simple, prepare to do the zeta challenge as fast as possible and as fast as possible make a team of scoundrels for the credit event.

The Geonosians took you to the padme, and from there on, the range of options is huge, but these are the priorities.
  • Prcofix
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Thanks for the reply!

I've got 12 7*toons with gear lvl 7/8 so i can partake in everything.
    So bounty hunter and geos are my priority now, thanks! That's exactly what i wanted, which faction to go after next.

One more question, do i need all the geos or are there some to skip? That i don't end up spending any currency on not needed toon.

For bounty hunter it's Boba, dengar, cad, bossk and the 5th?

Is the mando crew worth building up now as scoundrel team or is the st han, chewie etc team that i find on older guides still better?

Thanks again!

Edit: geo ships should be priority as i understand, but with which capital? I have currently tarkins, maces and ackbars available. Using ackbar with phoenix ships.
    Post edited by Prcofix on
  • do i need all the geos or are there some to skip? That i don't end up spending any currency on not needed toon.

You need all the Geos, but Poggle is the lowest priority.

Right now you should be buying ships and ONLY ships in the Galactic War store.

Bastila Shan needs to reach g7 as soon as possible after unlock. She's your key to winning every single GW with the toons you have. Her leadership ability will need to be level7 as soon as reasonably possible after unlock, and you'll want to mod her for health.

But you need to know more than these priorities. You also need to have a plan for every single energy type & every single store. You can click around on the threads other newer players started & read the advice given to them. They often include a plan for every energy & every store. Grogu (username: The_child_eats_eggs) does this for some people. I've done some. Probably other people have as well.

If you read those & still need help coming up with a plan, you should ask again in this thread an people will help you.

A good, detailed plan will look something like this:

Cantina Energy (120 energy free per day, 45 bonus for noon login = 165):
    1. Kylo Ren Unmasked + TIE Silencer (same node) = Node 3-F, 10 energy / attempt = 16 attempts/day. This should yield 10 KRU shards & 5 TIE Silencer blueprints/day. ==> GOAL: TIE Silencer at 5*. (KRU will be close to 7)
    2. Geonosian Spy = 4-d; 10/attempt, 16 attempts/day = 10-11 shards/day ==> 5*
    3. Geonosian Soldier = 1-A; 8/attempt, 20 attempts/day = 12-15 /day ==> 5*
    4. Geonosian Spy ==> 6*
    5. Geonosian Soldier ==> 6*
    6. Spy ==> 7*
    7. Soldier ==> 7*
    8. AS SOON AS YOU REACH LEVEL 83, this can interrupt farming Spy & Soldier if they're not done when you hit level 83: Geonosian Brood Alpha = 8-D, 16 energy/attempt = 10 attempts/day = 6-8 shards/day ==> 4*
    9. If still below level 83 when spy & soldier are finished, KRU ==> 7* and TIE Silencer as high as you can get by level 83

Underneath that, there might be some additional info or discussion, like Brood Alpha is often left at 4* so that there's a chance to then go on & farm other characters necessary for the Jedi Revan quest. You can, of course, finish Brood Alpha, but the most important part (like with Bastila) is just getting him unlocked so you can use his leadership skill. For that reason, a lot of people will grab 4* Brood Alpha & then move on to T3-M4, etc., then come back to GBA later.

When someone helps you create a detailed plan like this, it's meant to be good for a couple months (this one might be good for as many as 5 months). There's a reason for that: people don't want to play the game for you (and you don't want to just follow orders all day, so you want to space out your requests for help, if possible. But there's always the option to change things up if you realize that you really want to do something else. After all, this is a game & it's supposed to be fun. At your stage of the game what farming you should be doing to build your roster effectively doesn't change much, since you don't have access to relic levels or even many of the toons needed for higher end events & quests. But if you're not having fun, you might as well switch. I mean, if you are just doing work to get things and aren't having any fun with it, you might as well be job hunting or something.

So if you come up with (or have someone helping you come up with) a plan & it ends up not being fun, try to figure out which goals you can go for right now that ARE going to be fun for you, then come back, let people know you're not finished with the original plan, but that it wasn't working for you & you have a new goal. Then tell people what the goal is & they'll be happy to help you get there.

• Thank you for all the advice.
    I had something like that but not so much detailed.
    I sat down and made a plan what from which store and what node from what energy for yoda as i wanted him. Got him at 7* in 20 days so that plan worked.now im doing one for empire and I will now make a New one for geo and bounty hunters. I just didn't know what to farm next and you guys helped. How i farm it ill do by myself, that seems more fun than following "orders" as you said.
    Thanks again! Will come back here if i get lost :)
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Edit: geo ships should be priority as i understand, but with which capital? I have currently tarkins, maces and ackbars available.

Tarkin.

Get Tarkin up to g7 now and work on his capital ship (called the Executrix). The way to increase the abilities of the Executrix is to farm dark side ships.

With these dark side ship farms, when you're farming more than one ship from the same source (GW store or regular energy or whatever) don't let any one ship get too far ahead of the others. This can be hard because some of them are more common in the store than others. For instance, in the Galactic War store, Sun Fac's ship is available MUCH less often than Geo Spy & Geo Soldier's ships, To make sure that you're bringing SunFac along as fast as possible, keep 2000 or 3000 GW tokens (the emeralds) in the bank and NEVER go below that level unless you're buying Sun Fac's ship. All the extra can go to buying Spy & Soldier's ships. You'll probably still get Sun Fac's ship to 7* long after the other two, but by keeping tokens in the bank, you never miss any of SF because you were buying the other ships in the morning & SF showed up in the afternoon when you'd spent all of your day's GW income.

While you're doing this, you MUST start farming the Hyena Bomber with Regular energy ASAP, and keep it on your daily rotation of regular energy farms until it's at 7*. It's going to take a long time (5 attempts/day = 1.6 shards / day = about 90-95 days to 5* where you need it for the zeta challenge & about 200 days to finish).

The goal here is to get at least 5 dark side ships to 5* each by the time you hit level 77. Usually I recommend that people start on this goal much earlier than your level (for instance, people can save their GW tokens from level 50 to level 60 so that they can start buying ships like crazy as soon as they show up in the store). Since you're starting late, it's going to require focus & discipline & making sure you're getting done the absolute maximum you can every single day in GW. (So your Bastila farm is going to help your GW token income and thus is ultimately key for developing your fleet & gaining access to zetas.)

Make sure that after you read some of the advice given to other players (and the plans designed for their rosters) you come back & tell us if you will be okay making your own regular energy plan & Fleet energy plan & the plans for the various stores, or if will you want help with that.

Also don't forget that the single most important thing you can do right now to help your growth is to get into a real guild. You should go right now to the Guild Recruitment part of the forums & put up an ad for yourself in the "Players seeking guilds" thread.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Since you already have Old Ben and soon also a 7* Empire team an obvious next step would be to unlock a 7* R2D2 (using your empire team) and farming Leia, ST Han and farmboy Luke to 7* to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker( CLS). When you're so close it wouldn't make much sense not to. If you have some energy to spare you could start farming farmboy Luke's hard node as a side project already now and then farm Leia and ST Han from the squad arena shop after you finish Tarkin.

Also, it could be worth it to invest in your scoundrels to beat higher tiers of credit heists - mainly in Boba Fett, who is an MVP of credit heists. Take Boba to 7* as soon as you finish Chopper. You will receive great return in more credits earned from credit heists.

Other than the above I agree with much/most of what was already suggested:

- Leave your starter guild. Join an active guild doing at least heroic tank and Rancor raids (level of activity is important)
    - Bastilla and Jolee will be great additions to your jedi team (and are part of the requirements for Jedi Knight Revan) and in particular Bastilla will make completing GW much easier.
    - Executrix, Hounds Tooth, Silencer and Geos are all great ships for fleet arena.
    - Try to at least stay inside top-200 in fleet arena for that extra fleet shop currency. Your next milestone is top-50 where you start earning crystals.
    - Another milestone for your ships is the zeta ability material challenge, which requires a 5* Executrix.
  • All the advice noted. You guys are great!
    Working on the Guild part, in talks with a Biger Guild right now :)