R8 JML under Bastila lead makes Sith Eternal Emperor worthless?

CapD
22 posts Member
edited February 2021
It seems to me that the primary value of SEE is to counter JML.

I'm now encountering R8 JML teams in arena and from the teams I've tried to far, JML appears invulnerable to the GL that's supposed to counter him. I can put a whole team of Vader and the Sith trio against him on auto for 4 minutes for example and no meaningful damage is done.

At the moment, the 6+ month investment in SEE feels wasted, so I'm very much hoping someone can share with me a suggestion that helps me understand otherwise.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    1 - bring in Han
    2 - stun Wat
    3 -????
    4 - profit

Some teams just need a little change to counter a squad built to counter your squad.

Also, no single situation that a team cannot win that makes them worthless, there is more to this game than a single team in a single game mode.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    R7 JML could already cause that problem. Send in SLKR full FO, preferably mod Hux for some extra tenacity (not potency, my bad) and hit auto.

If SEE is your only GL, mod him for max. possible offense, use Han to stun Wat and you should still be good to go.
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    1 - bring in Han
    2 - stun Wat
    3 -????
    4 - profit

Some teams just need a little change to counter a squad built to counter your squad.

Also, no single situation that a team cannot win that makes them worthless, there is more to this game than a single team in a single game mode.

Thanks very much. Much appreciated. While in principle I agree with your final statement, a GL toon that requires (for me anyways) 6 months of concentrated focus, where the primary value is to counter a specific other GL toon... that's IMO more than "a single team in a single game mode". A GL not being able to beat the GL they counter would decrease that GLs value well below the investment required to acquire them... but as you have highlighted there are solutions. That's all I hoped for, and so long as that's the case, the clear 4-step profit plan is enticing. Thanks!
  • R7 JML could already cause that problem. Send in SLKR full FO, preferably modHux for some extra potency and hit auto.

If SEE is your only GL, mod him for max. possible offense, use Han to stun Wat and you should still be good to go.

From all my previous failed attempts to beat JML with my Kylo, I'd not have thought to try that. I'm really surprised that's an option, and appreciate the suggestion!
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    CapD wrote: »
    R7 JML could already cause that problem. Send in SLKR full FO, preferably modHux for some extra potency and hit auto.

From all my previous failed attempts to beat JML with my Kylo, I'd not have thought to try that. I'm really surprised that's an option, and appreciate the suggestion!
    If you have Wat and the ability block from JML is preventing you from building drain stacks thenuse the tank tech on Kylo to benefit from the auto-cleanse each turn
  • Seep can beat every gl in the game.

Seep+wat (shield generator on seep) beats every rey I've faced.
    Seep+armorer+Malak+Thrawn+Han beats every slkr I've faced.

Basti lead jml is easy to beat with slkr, even vs 220k hp jml. Full fo usually works, but as others said, slkr+wat and shield generator on Slkr is easy mode.

There is no meta
  • What if Basti lead JML + WAT bring in legendary chewbacca? This way you can't stun it with Han, what to do then???
  • What if Basti lead JML + WAT bring in legendary chewbacca? This way you can't stun it with Han, what to do then???

SLKR, Badsti, wat, drevan, han/malak/kru. Tank tech on slkr and power through.
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    Maslyna882 wrote: »
    What if Basti lead JML + WAT bring in legendary chewbacca? This way you can't stun it with Han, what to do then???

and if your only GL is SEE
  • Then you're probably scrwed for a while. I'd try loading my see with offense and speed, trigger ult 1 min before the battle ends and hope I'll have enough damage to kill JML.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Stun WAT with Han, is the strategy to start with and build on. From there you need to control WAT, and move on.
  • Sanderzas wrote: »
    Maslyna882 wrote: »
    What if Basti lead JML + WAT bring in legendary chewbacca? This way you can't stun it with Han, what to do then???

and if your only GL is SEE

SEE is my only GL. If Han doesn't solve my Wat problem, I rely on SEE'S snowballing mastery to kill JML (gain 10% stacking mastery each time an enemy with linked or deceived uses an ability).

I run r7 SEE/ r5 Han/ r5 Traya/ r5 Wat /r5 Malak. Weapon tech on SEE for additional TM and to avoid all opponents defense.

It makes for a long battle and it isn't guaranteed, but I'm around 50% win rate if Han's stun fails.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    SEE can still beat that team, even without Han or wat. It’s inconsistent, but I can get it about 50% of the time, Han just makes it much easier
  • Wait, this thread has me walking away wondering, "Does every team have a counter?" That can't be the case. On December 11th 2020 CG announced that they were releasing the Equals Win button that would prevent all teams from having a counter. Where is my brain drawing such in congruence from?
  • ndwilson
    89 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    So you only need SEE + Wat to beat that team. Wat to put shield tech on SEE then stall for about 4 minutes to let SEE build up mastery. When there is about 1 minute left in the match have SEE go into his ult and he'll have so much offense gain from mastery buildup that he'll get through JML protection up
  • ndwilson wrote: »
    So you only need SEE + Wat to beat that team. Wat to put shield tech on SEE then stall for about 4 minutes to let SEE build up mastery. When there is about 1 minute left in the match have SEE go into his ult and he'll have so much offense gain from mastery buildup that he'll get through JML protection up
    This!!

People just don't spend time learning their hard earned GL kits... Took my one loss to go re-read the kit and realize I can't go Gucci ASAP. Just stall at least 3 minutes and profit!
  • zeratul021 wrote: »
    ndwilson wrote: »
    This!!

People just don't spend time learning their hard earned GL kits... Took my one loss to go re-read the kit and realize I can't go Gucci ASAP. Just stall at least 3 minutes and profit!

Does this counter still work actually?
  • zeratul021 wrote: »
    This!!

Necro of the week. Easy
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    This!!

Necro of the week. Easy

This one was way better, but they cleaned it up.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202815/discord-wont-open-on-my-tablet-sinse-04-26-update#latest
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    This!!

Necro of the week. Easy

This one was way better, but they cleaned it up.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202815/discord-wont-open-on-my-tablet-sinse-04-26-update#latest

Oh, that one was great. Wonder if the OP ever got his discord open on his tablet?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.