GC 2/28

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    OP: NOT COOL MAN
    OP: Beats it two posts later

Ok

It's not cool because it didn't matter if you had accomplished every feat except 1, it is designed to not give u the last crate

That is not true, the top 2 are worth 6, and yes if you do not complete those to level 7, you do not get the max crate.

You can however only do T6 on one of the other ones and get it.

So yes they have a level of priority in the layout of what they want players to be able to do, you can get the top crate without doing 1 feat to the max.
  • This Endless Rank buff is working as CG testing a "few" things before it came out. (is it better now Kyno? :open_mouth: ) 1 dead, DT has 2 stacks, Gideon has 1.... still working fine?...

qqqvw8z4fxig.png
  • Kyno wrote: »

Ok

It's not cool because it didn't matter if you had accomplished every feat except 1, it is designed to not give u the last crate

That is not true, the top 2 are worth 6, and yes if you do not complete those to level 7, you do not get the max crate.

So yes they have a level of priority in the layout of what they want players to be able to do, you can get the top crate without doing 1 feat to the max.

But on previous GC we didn't have to, it's fine for them to change the feat and alter what you need to do to get the max crate, it's simply not a cool move that's all I have to say
  • Horusz wrote: »
    This Endless Rank buff is working as CG testing a "few" things before it came out. (is it better now Kyno? :open_mouth: ) 1 dead, DT has 2 stacks, Gideon has 1.... still working fine?...

qqqvw8z4fxig.png

Jango kills can't be revived, idk why u got 2 endless rank on one person and 0 on the others
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Ok

But on previous GC we didn't have to, it's fine for them to change the feat and alter what you need to do to get the max crate, it's simply not a cool move that's all I have to say

This has been the case for every GC I remember.

Ok

Since they revamped GC this has always been the case.
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    This just shows what Ana amazing faction imp troopers are, idk of any other faction that could take on relic 7 characters with low gear low star characters

Can you pick one forum account and stick to it? It gets confusing when you comment on your own thread with a secondary account.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ok

That is incorrect, it has been this way since the beginning. It may be helpful to do research on things like this when you get upset, to see of you are correct or just misremembering.....

You have never been able to get it without doing the top 2, and the bottom ones have always had this "option"
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    You don’t need to relic troopers. I just did it with these guys
    1ua7u9wo60xx.jpeg
    Didn’t even bother remod in the end, just had to restart a few times after initial onslaught

Followed this guide
    https://youtu.be/d4m14fU4MSA

This is the way. Finished with all G12 troopers and R5 Moff Gideon once I got the right opening RNG. Also didn't move any mods.
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Tier 7 can be beat with various teams, GAS team, Padme team, palp vader thrawn tarkin piet team for example so its not that hard to have one team that can beat it
    dardar299 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like the GC difficulty scaling is still a galactic joke. I cant beat tier 5 with a relic 6 GAS. A supposedly all g13 team with not 1 relic applied, on top of them all having a rediculous speed. A team that no one can actually get to work with the versions that we have available. I actually farm mods, so i cant imagine what this game mode is like for the majority of players who dont put any significant time in to mods. Trash rewards, not an enjoyable experience, i think im going to quit doing them.

Have you tried other teams?

The "difficulty" is part of the puzzle, not every team is meant to win the event. People are beating this without relics, but using a team that fits the challenge.

Kyno a relic 6 gas should not have the slightest difficulty defeating a g13 mando team, especially because a g13 mando team is worthless. If by "puzzle" you mean the modifiers that tend to nothing but annoy you in comparison to the dramatically over inflated stats. We scale from 1 charater can slap the team to nothing you own can try. Its pathetic. That isnt a g13 no relic team. Id accept your excuse if mandos happend to be a good counter to gas, or if i was trying maybe the last tier. Even if i own things that can beat it, like maybe a padme or something, my fastest and strongest team should have no trouble whatsoever demolishing a team that is supposedly under geared and isnt even a good team in the first place.
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    Try change kill order because i done easily on first try tier 7 with R7 GAS and R5 clones, after fives sacrifice it was super easy, kill bando first, then armorer.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Anyone else feel like the GC difficulty scaling is still a galactic joke. I cant beat tier 5 with a relic 6 GAS. A supposedly all g13 team with not 1 relic applied, on top of them all having a rediculous speed. A team that no one can actually get to work with the versions that we have available. I actually farm mods, so i cant imagine what this game mode is like for the majority of players who dont put any significant time in to mods. Trash rewards, not an enjoyable experience, i think im going to quit doing them.

The "difficulty" is part of the puzzle, not every team is meant to win the event. People are beating this without relics, but using a team that fits the challenge.

Kyno a relic 6 gas should not have the slightest difficulty defeating a g13 mando team, especially because a g13 mando team is worthless. If by "puzzle" you mean the modifiers that tend to nothing but annoy you in comparison to the dramatically over inflated stats. We scale from 1 charater can slap the team to nothing you own can try. Its pathetic. That isnt a g13 no relic team. Id accept your excuse if mandos happend to be a good counter to gas, or if i was trying maybe the last tier. Even if i own things that can beat it, like maybe a padme or something, my fastest and strongest team should have no trouble whatsoever demolishing a team that is supposedly under geared and isnt even a good team in the first place.

Oh suuuuure. I just sent in my GAS to see how he performs and he just rofl stomped them into oblivion (smth like 200k basic crits when he stood up). And that was evem without mod optimization (Rex not going first) so once I'd mod Rex with my DR speed set and make Echo the 2nd to go with a buff dispel grenade I'd probably be able to put it on auto.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Oh suuuuure. I just sent in my GAS to see how he performs and he just rofl stomped them into oblivion (smth like 200k basic crits when he stood up). And that was evem without mod optimization (Rex not going first) so once I'd mod Rex with my DR speed set and make Echo the 2nd to go with a buff dispel grenade I'd probably be able to put it on auto.

Youre braindead if you think everyone is going to re mod for 5 salvage they need a week. Sorry i dont have god mods that let me go first even though rex is already over 300 speed. Half the people who play this game dont even touch mods by cg'
    s own admission, which means this is straight up cancer for over half the player base. Its trash, just like your point.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Youre braindead if you think everyone is going to re mod for 5 salvage they need a week. Sorry i dont have god mods that let me go first even though rex is already over 300 speed. Half the people who play this game dont even touch mods by cg'
    s own admission, which means this is straight up cancer for over half the player base. Its trash, just like your point.

Ok, then keep on smashing your head against the challenge mode with non optimized teams (and by the way, I clearly stated that even without optimal mods I still rofl stomped them so it's definitley not a must thing to do but it's gonna help once you wanna lowgear it).
  • Guys GC's are designed to promote deep rosters, just like pretty much every other area in game. Either the long route of F2P or the quicker with a P2W attitude. Getting upset about this every event is futile. If neither route is appealing, just go in, do what you can and move on.
  • dardar299 wrote: »

This is a quality rebuttal from someone who has openly admitted he lacks either the skill or kit knowledge to think his way out of a problem.

This is a quality rebuttal from someone who has openly admitted he lacks either the skill or kit knowledge to think his way out of a problem.

Yeah cuz people who arent invested in this game take the time to unlock gas and farm mods to put characters over 300 speed. The point is that using gas on this opponent should be brainless. "He DoEsN't KnOw ThE kItS" what part of a mando team allows them to beat a gas 6 gear levels higher? ****. Short of that character being nest, they shouldnt be surviving based on stats alone, not even including that mandos arent a good team and gas should counter it anyway. What part of that isnt knowing the kits ****?
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Ok, then keep on smashing your head against the challenge mode with non optimized teams (and by the way, I clearly stated that even without optimal mods I still rofl stomped them so it's definitley not a must thing to do but it's gonna help once you wanna lowgear it).

I clearly stated that my mods are decent, and that you must have god mods to be going first. You are still missing the point that anyone who even farms mods at all is better than the average player in this game. In arena my rex almost always goes first. Ive got like 130k protection on gas. Modding is the worst part of this game and im not doing more of it for the lamest and least rewarding part. My gas should stomp the mandos without a thought, and you can see now in conquest that i was right, theyre stats are beefed like mad. That isnt a simple g13 team. Brainlet.

Yeah cuz people who arent invested in this game take the time to unlock gas and farm mods to put characters over 300 speed. The point is that using gas on this opponent should be brainless. "He DoEsN't KnOw ThE kItS" what part of a mando team allows them to beat a gas 6 gear levels higher? ****. Short of that character being nest, they shouldnt be surviving based on stats alone, not even including that mandos arent a good team and gas should counter it anyway. What part of that isnt knowing the kits ****?
    Beats me. I got max reward, again, and didn’t come on here to whine about how hard it is.

Some things for you to think about:
    - the mandalorian team you dismiss as “not good” or “worthless” are anything but. Maybe this is not knowing the kits?
    - The armourer gives 200% protection up at the start of battle, which can’t be dispelled
    - Also Crit damage immunity for 2 turns, which makes it pretty difficult for your r6 GAS to burn through
    - Beskar Mando’s whistling birds and damage immunity can really screw with any team

GCs are designed to test player’s knowledge of kits and interactions and reward a wide roster. If chucking in your GAS squad doesn’t work, might be better trying something else rather than coming on here to complain about it. GC would be beyond dull if GAS just walked it every time.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

I clearly stated that my mods are decent, and that you must have god mods to be going first. You are still missing the point that anyone who even farms mods at all is better than the average player in this game. In arena my rex almost always goes first. Ive got like 130k protection on gas. Modding is the worst part of this game and im not doing more of it for the lamest and least rewarding part. My gas should stomp the mandos without a thought, and you can see now in conquest that i was right, theyre stats are beefed like mad. That isnt a simple g13 team. Brainlet.

And I never said that I outsped them, learn to read. I was going after them and still won with ease. I just took off all mods on Rex, ARC and Echo for fun and still won easily. Git gud.

313 speed Rex will go first.

That’s not god mods.

313 speed Rex goes first. That’s not god mods.

And if farming mods at all is enough to justify you completing GCs, that doesn’t sound much like a challenge to me.

See if you can respond without insults this time.
  • I've got the t6 box with g7 Piett, g9 MG (6-stars, 91/100), G12 Veers, G12 death, g12 Range with a side of g10 Starck (didn't use him for t5 which was the highest tier. MG will be 7 stars tomorrow, but won't be g12 for a while, and Piett is a nightmare to gear, so probably more than 10 days to get him to g12.

I can have a relic Gideon & Starck + 1 or 2 more relic imps before the end of the month no problem. They made Mandalorians the featured faction 2 months in a row, and Imps can finally beat defenses you might actually see in GAC now, so they're worth g13. So why not? They'll eventually come around as favored faction again anyway. There are only so many factions to use.

So no t7 box on the Imp-only GC this week and probably next week, but after that I might get there.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If you feel that such a general statement is true then you may be missing the point of the game mode and what they mean in terms of puzzles.

But I will drop my GAS in t5 and see what happens.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    @dardar299
    T7 with GAS. It wasnt pretty, but it does work.
    I'm having issues loading images.

Your situation may be due to your setup and mods, but I dont have the best mods and my team did T7.

Yes the puzzle is about using a proper team, and that can vary for each feat or just to beat the tier.

There are no blanket statement about who should be able to beat every event, even at different gear levels. This whole thing is about strategy and counter teams.

If you feel that such a general statement is true then you may be missing the point of the game mode and what they mean in terms of puzzles.

The entire game is a puzzle of how kits interact. This isnt something magically exclusive to gc. This also isnt the only time ive had a problem with this. Nearly every gc this is a problem. Gas, shaak ti, empire, bh, sith, all slap tier 4 and are worthless at tier 5 almost every time. The reason i dont bother trying to find the perfect counter is because its almost always just padme, and its still not worth doing anyway. Its boring. Its not rewarding. It scales in such a stupid manner. Im also far from the only one complaining about it. Sometimes 3 out of 4 potential feats are gated. So forgive my severe lack of enthusiasm about playing what is essentially a stupid chore.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

The entire game is a puzzle of how kits interact. This isnt something magically exclusive to gc. This also isnt the only time ive had a problem with this. Nearly every gc this is a problem. Gas, shaak ti, empire, bh, sith, all slap tier 4 and are worthless at tier 5 almost every time. The reason i dont bother trying to find the perfect counter is because its almost always just padme, and its still not worth doing anyway. Its boring. Its not rewarding. It scales in such a stupid manner. Im also far from the only one complaining about it. Sometimes 3 out of 4 potential feats are gated. So forgive my severe lack of enthusiasm about playing what is essentially a stupid chore.

5, 6 and 7 on auto, just did it for you. So no idea what you're talking about. Even 7 didn't risk me losing. No remodding or special attention paid.

2021-03-02-05-35-26-SWGOH-17.jpg
    2021-03-02-05-36-56-SWGOH-17.jpg
    2021-03-02-05-38-42-SWGOH-17.jpg

• MaruMaru wrote: »

5, 6 and 7 on auto, just did it for you. So no idea what you're talking about. Even 7 didn't risk me losing. No remodding or special attention paid.

2021-03-02-05-35-26-SWGOH-17.jpg
    2021-03-02-05-36-56-SWGOH-17.jpg
    2021-03-02-05-38-42-SWGOH-17.jpg

I dont know why any of you think your ability to beat the various tiers will change my gripe with the fact that that g13 team simply isnt just plain jane g13. You even see it as a fact in conquest, where the teams have their stats boosted up to 90%. Thats my main gripe, and gf ys. Havent seen a lot of "yeah its totally worth doing, and also fun. Completely fresh and original" counter arguments. I simply do not care if one persons team can do it or not.
This discussion has been closed.