• Options
    dardar299 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like the GC difficulty scaling is still a galactic joke. I cant beat tier 5 with a relic 6 GAS. A supposedly all g13 team with not 1 relic applied, on top of them all having a rediculous speed. A team that no one can actually get to work with the versions that we have available. I actually farm mods, so i cant imagine what this game mode is like for the majority of players who dont put any significant time in to mods. Trash rewards, not an enjoyable experience, i think im going to quit doing them.

Have you tried other teams?

The "difficulty" is part of the puzzle, not every team is meant to win the event. People are beating this without relics, but using a team that fits the challenge.

Kyno a relic 6 gas should not have the slightest difficulty defeating a g13 mando team, especially because a g13 mando team is worthless. If by "puzzle" you mean the modifiers that tend to nothing but annoy you in comparison to the dramatically over inflated stats. We scale from 1 charater can slap the team to nothing you own can try. Its pathetic. That isnt a g13 no relic team. Id accept your excuse if mandos happend to be a good counter to gas, or if i was trying maybe the last tier. Even if i own things that can beat it, like maybe a padme or something, my fastest and strongest team should have no trouble whatsoever demolishing a team that is supposedly under geared and isnt even a good team in the first place.

If you feel that such a general statement is true then you may be missing the point of the game mode and what they mean in terms of puzzles.

But I will drop my GAS in t5 and see what happens.

The entire game is a puzzle of how kits interact. This isnt something magically exclusive to gc. This also isnt the only time ive had a problem with this. Nearly every gc this is a problem. Gas, shaak ti, empire, bh, sith, all slap tier 4 and are worthless at tier 5 almost every time. The reason i dont bother trying to find the perfect counter is because its almost always just padme, and its still not worth doing anyway. Its boring. Its not rewarding. It scales in such a stupid manner. Im also far from the only one complaining about it. Sometimes 3 out of 4 potential feats are gated. So forgive my severe lack of enthusiasm about playing what is essentially a stupid chore.

5, 6 and 7 on auto, just did it for you. So no idea what you're talking about. Even 7 didn't risk me losing. No remodding or special attention paid.

2021-03-02-05-35-26-SWGOH-17.jpg
    2021-03-02-05-36-56-SWGOH-17.jpg
    2021-03-02-05-38-42-SWGOH-17.jpg

I dont know why any of you think your ability to beat the various tiers will change my gripe with the fact that that g13 team simply isnt just plain jane g13. You even see it as a fact in conquest, where the teams have their stats boosted up to 90%. Thats my main gripe, and gf ys. Havent seen a lot of "yeah its totally worth doing, and also fun. Completely fresh and original" counter arguments. I simply do not care if one persons team can do it or not.

What part of bams kit lets him survive a rexicute huh? At plain jane g13. If that isnt the most obvious tell of super inflated stats, i dont know what is.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Anyone else feel like the GC difficulty scaling is still a galactic joke. I cant beat tier 5 with a relic 6 GAS. A supposedly all g13 team with not 1 relic applied, on top of them all having a rediculous speed. A team that no one can actually get to work with the versions that we have available. I actually farm mods, so i cant imagine what this game mode is like for the majority of players who dont put any significant time in to mods. Trash rewards, not an enjoyable experience, i think im going to quit doing them.

The "difficulty" is part of the puzzle, not every team is meant to win the event. People are beating this without relics, but using a team that fits the challenge.

Kyno a relic 6 gas should not have the slightest difficulty defeating a g13 mando team, especially because a g13 mando team is worthless. If by "puzzle" you mean the modifiers that tend to nothing but annoy you in comparison to the dramatically over inflated stats. We scale from 1 charater can slap the team to nothing you own can try. Its pathetic. That isnt a g13 no relic team. Id accept your excuse if mandos happend to be a good counter to gas, or if i was trying maybe the last tier. Even if i own things that can beat it, like maybe a padme or something, my fastest and strongest team should have no trouble whatsoever demolishing a team that is supposedly under geared and isnt even a good team in the first place.

If you feel that such a general statement is true then you may be missing the point of the game mode and what they mean in terms of puzzles.

The entire game is a puzzle of how kits interact. This isnt something magically exclusive to gc. This also isnt the only time ive had a problem with this. Nearly every gc this is a problem. Gas, shaak ti, empire, bh, sith, all slap tier 4 and are worthless at tier 5 almost every time. The reason i dont bother trying to find the perfect counter is because its almost always just padme, and its still not worth doing anyway. Its boring. Its not rewarding. It scales in such a stupid manner. Im also far from the only one complaining about it. Sometimes 3 out of 4 potential feats are gated. So forgive my severe lack of enthusiasm about playing what is essentially a stupid chore.

5, 6 and 7 on auto, just did it for you. So no idea what you're talking about. Even 7 didn't risk me losing. No remodding or special attention paid.

I dont know why any of you think your ability to beat the various tiers will change my gripe with the fact that that g13 team simply isnt just plain jane g13. You even see it as a fact in conquest, where the teams have their stats boosted up to 90%. Thats my main gripe, and gf ys. Havent seen a lot of "yeah its totally worth doing, and also fun. Completely fresh and original" counter arguments. I simply do not care if one persons team can do it or not.

But who said they are plain Jane g13? Sure they can get up to 90 in the last stage.

I have never used padma (a line from your other post), I never have any issues with completing GCs. They are new and the puzzle aspect is great. Getting either of the top 2 boxes is very worth doing, but that may not be the case for you.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

What part of bams kit lets him survive a rexicute huh? At plain jane g13. If that isnt the most obvious tell of super inflated stats, i dont know what is.

Dmg immunity on him and another scoundrel ally for 1 turn on his 2nd special. Easy.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

You are sliding it side arguments. I'm not trying to convince you that it's fun. I don't give a fudge if you find it fun or not. You keep saying -x team (that I don't like) shouldn't be beating this y team I see as the pinnacle of metas (since that's the only one I have)-. AND that's already the case, the team you have can beat that team in all tiers. Yea, so....git gud.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    sror37hfked1.png

I'm sure 100m is within the realm of possibility.
  • Options
    Don’t give them ideas for a new feat! :smiley:
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

If you don’t care for the advice given to you on how to use your team to complete the feat you are trying to accomplish, then why post at all? You could maybe just ask how to mod the team or use a different team. There are many suggestions that could help you, but it seems you don’t want the advice to earn success. It seems you would prefer to simply complain.

Back to topic, my troopers are awful. I completed all of the non-trooper feats on T7 using JKL and GAS squads. I beat tier 1 with troopers to get 2nd best crate. Good enough for me with my lack of investment into troopers.
  • DEATHER
    87 posts Member
    Options
    I dropped all mods from GAS and Rex and still beat T7 so still dont see where is problem beating it :-D
  • Options
    9 seconds to spare on t7. But I pulled it off.

wss1sua24za9.jpg

amke8p53qp7h.jpg
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    @DuneFlint what speeds were your Troopers at? This gives me serious hope.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @DuneFlint what speeds were your Troopers at? This gives me serious hope.

Yeah...not great.

Veers=222
    Gideon=234
    Range=202
    Stark=263
    Piet=214

I could not get a start where everyone lived, so I just said screw it and took a start where I only lost Stark and managed to win.

• Options
    That's insane.

I have much better Imps and they can't scratch t5's protection before they're wiped out. Every single enemy is still in the purple.
  • Options
    That's insane.

I have much better Imps and they can't scratch t5's protection before they're wiped out. Every single enemy is still in the purple.

You have to get the tm rolling. Once I figured out how to do it I could get 60+ turns before they go again so my offense stacks enough to chip away. There's a reason it took me 14:51 to clear though. I was very much undergeared for it.
  • Options
    Okay, so how do you get the TM train going? What am I missing?
  • Options
    Okay, so how do you get the TM train going? What am I missing?

I don't know for sure what you're doing, but once I stopped using Gideons fracture it started rolling. I don't understand why swapping to his basic over fracture made a difference,, but it did for me.. Gideon does his tm, I gave failure to trooper, then took off. Aoes when I could, basics when I couldn't. They kept assisting, giving buffs and getting tm.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll try it. Every toon in my whole squad other than Veers has better speed than yours, and they have the same or better gear except Starck, who is g10 to your g11. None of them are relic'd, but better gear is still better gear. And my Piett is 7* besides. I have no idea how you got Piett to survive, but I guess I can just keep restarting.
  • Options
    I had to restart quite a few times to get a time where jango didn't use his burning aoe
  • Options
    It's not working.

I have no idea how you made it happen. I can't even get t5 with a whole bunch of restarts. Jango's AoE is a nuke and the troopers can't revive from it. Whistling Birds comes off no matter what I do after 6-12 turns max, and that's also a nuke. Canderous is a beast - his AoE isn't as bad as burning, but his basic is utterly lethal & without those 60 turns in a row, which don't seem to be possible from what I'm seeing, there's no hope for this squad.

I've looked at the kits & honestly can't see how you could have possibly pulled this off. There's just not enough TM gain.
  • Options
    Ok, not sure if this will work but:

https://youtu.be/h1NU0p40nJM

The opening fight is a false start, the tm train just won't get rolling. I /think/ it's because piet died and was revived. It looks like his unique wasn't triggering so I was missing out on alot of tm. Not sure if that's a bug or not, but it looks like you not only need everyone to survive jang9, but you need piet to never die at all...so yeah I just got stupid lucky on t7. 4:10 in is the start of my successful run on t5. The tm seems to be a combination of veers lead, the event buff, piets unique, and just spamming buffs in general because veers gives 10%tm everytime you get a buff and piet gives a buff anytime you attaxk out of turn, or an empire starts their turn.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's pretty clear that the problem here is that The Emperor's Trap isn't working with a revived Piett.

Some things don't count as buff (and aren't green, like Gideon's stacks of Insight or B-1's stacks of droid battalion) and some do. My problem was that I've had Piett at 7 stars but never geared him up, so I never used him. I've had a lot going on, so when I found out we'd need Imps for these GC I could only gear him up to g8.

Then... I started using him, but he was, of course, dying, and since I hadn't used him before I did not realize that TET was supposed to show up as a green buff.

Now, mind you I thought it was odd, but I went back and re-read Piett's kit and nowhere in the kit does it call it a buff. Since they somehow managed to avoid the word "buff" and since I'd never seen it in action in another game mode before, I assumed that CG had programmed things correctly and that this wasn't buff and wasn't intended to boost TM. Oh, how naive I was, thinking that CG had actually tested the event mechanic on the only faction it's actually supposed to work on.

You hear that, CG? This event is bugged as a termite mound. This is an incredibly basic rookie mistake and I'm frankly appalled that you failed to get this right.
This discussion has been closed.